Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools (22116 Views)

Crisis Brews Between Kogi Governor Ododo, Yahaya Bello Over Sacking Of Loyalist / Fresh Crisis Brews In Igangan As Herdsmen Resume Farm Destruction / Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by musicwriter(m): 9:37am On Mar 07, 2021
While you fight for your favorite side, remember you're doomed no matter who's side you're.

Arabic education, hijab and Arabic studies were given to us by Arab terrorists who came to Africa, killed, enslaved and dropped their cultural practice against the will of our ancestors.

Western education and mission schools were given to us by European terrorists who came to Africa, killed, enslaved and dropped their cultural practice against the will of our ancestors.

And we've been educated to take sides on what doesn't belong to us!!. I am sorry, but we're still in slavery in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Kdon2: 9:43am On Mar 07, 2021
Owodiran1:
But is it by force. Must your Muslim child attend a Christian cultured school...... I just wonder how we think at times. I am 100% sure. If it were to be Muslim school this is happening i am sure they won't even allow Christian uniforms at all or not even admitting Christian students. I AM A MUSLIM AND I MUST ADVISE SOME OF MY MUSLIMS COLLEAGUES TO STOP USING HYPOCRITICAL APPROACH IN SOME RELIGION RELATED ISSUE....

I hope you dont end up being murdered over your liberal views sha.!
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Seawhy(m): 9:44am On Mar 07, 2021
This issue is very simple, church is like a family that takes care of its members and has a micro Constitution that guide the church. Same is applicable to schools owned by them. There's freedom of association in this country, so any Nigerian is entitled to join any association of his or her choice. If association A is not good for him, he should join association B. And it is wrong for association B to start behaving like association A because of interest. If Christian School, forbids veil, then leave the school and go to schools that wear veils. Very simple.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Kdon2: 9:45am On Mar 07, 2021
heykims:

If Christian fellowship isn't allowed in the govt Muslim schools, I suppose Muslims don't hold any religious activities like praying, Jum'ah service there too, hence it won't be fair on the part of the Christians.
However, I won't take use of hijab as a form of religious activity.

Its a religious practise for Muslims abeg.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by JaffyJoe(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2021
Sam0:

I did my secondary school at Taoheed secondary school in Ilorin some years back and the Christians were allowed to have their FCS in the school, the Christian and Muslim prayers run concurrently on the Assembly ground.Am a christian and till now I can pray very well in Islam till now same with the Muslim students they can pray and recites the Lords prayer. so this your point of government schools not allowing christian student to have their FCS is false.

In Ansarudeen School in Ipe, Christians are not allowed to have FCS within the school but their counterpart had that privilege to do their own thing. I know someone qualified whom was not allowed to become a principal in Sheik Abdulkadri at Asa Dam because she was a Christian. The outgoing principal confided in her point blank. If you think Christians are not being subjugated and unfairly treated in Kwara, it’s either you are not from there or you are super ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2021
One stupid thing about the religious Wailers is that they don't wanna give Cesar what belongs to him.

Don't bring religious mumuness enter school.

Dress as a normal human being to school, when you are at home, dress casually, when u are at the ground of worship, dress to fit in.

Make Una stop this rubbish naah.

Must u carry ur religion go school?

Carry ur problem go mosque and church if u must appear like a religious person.

Nonesense

1 Like

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by emperorshaokahn(m): 9:49am On Mar 07, 2021
i ate islam.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Akinh: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2021
Security: You won't provide
Job:"""
Social Amenities:"""
Fundamental human right:""""
And at the end of everything you will impose something that can bring calamity bto those who re trying to survive.

1 Like

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by ibnlawal(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2021
BigSarah:
Crisis over a piece of cloth really?, that's dumb..
like fuvking dumb
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Ladoja19: 9:54am On Mar 07, 2021
Pls do ur findings thoroughly before you open ur mouth and split lies....Ansarul Islam is a case study....pls take ur time, visit the said school and report back here
martolux:
May the Almighty God grant the State Government the wisdom of King Solomon on this matter.

Like I earlier said on a similar thread, constitutionally, muslim students have the right to wear hijab in a govt owned christian sch, but the reality on ground is that, govt owned muslim schools in Ilorin would not tolerate christian students to have fellowship [FCS] in their schools. Now, why should christian schools tolerate the use of hijab? If Kwara state govt wants to be fair in this situation, as they are enforcing the use of hijab in all gov't owned schools, they should as well pass the law that all christian student should be allowed to have fellowship in all gov't owned muslim schools. That's fairness and religious tolerance!

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2021
capitalzero:
CAN cannot win the case in supreme court. Only way out is for missions to take full control of those schools. Next thing Mohammed people would do is to start appointing muslims as principals of mission schools. They would claim it is public schools.
You're right. However, the case at the Supreme Court is to take back the schools from the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by JaffyJoe(m): 9:55am On Mar 07, 2021
tamdun:
If Muslims start now you hypocrites will say their intolerant, ur Catholic sisters can wear veil but a muslim cannot, why

Catholic sisters in their domain, the church and not the school. If a Cherubim & Seraphim Christian wears her garment to Ansarudeen School, you people won’t have a problem with that? Negro please.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Veqtor: 10:01am On Mar 07, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Read about your history before you come to any conclusion. Did the Africans invite the colonial masters & their pet project called the missionaries ?.
These colonial masters/ missionaries called your ancestors barbarians & destroyed their culture.
Since after the independence instead of the Africans to live in love & harmony side by side these missionaries schools controlled by black are discriminating against their fellow blacks.
Its on record Mary mother of Jesus covered her head, why are these Illuminati agents against morality but love showing unclothedness in the church.

Are you sure you aren't slowly digressing from the point here?

Who is talking about Mary or how she dressed den?

If we should start Following the way biblical characters dressed back in d day...will u b wearing dat trouser, knicker or boxer you are wearing presently?

We are talking about Muslims going to a Christian School nd purposely breaking der rules...u telling me of Mary.

D Muslims we are talking about...do they believe in Mary....do dey even believe that Jesus was born by a woman? So y liken der dressing to dat of Mary?

D Bible clearly states dat don't b unequally yoked with unbelievers... Nd d Muslims also have der own doctrines wher dey even call us infidels.

My point is... Muslims have no business with a Christian School owing to dat doctrine and all.. dey should not b der.

But dey are...cos somehow in Nigeria, dey want to enforce Islam on everyone. Nigeria is not an Islamic State.. so every religion shld respect each other's boundaries.

Let's be guided please.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Kdon2: 10:05am On Mar 07, 2021
lafiagi007:

You haven't answered my question bro, Nigeria is a secular nation right? Everyone has the right to dress in his own way, moreover, the Muslim schools in kwara state (a Muslim state) don't force Christian students to wear hijab, why should the Christian schools be forcing Muslim students to pull off hijab? If you're to be logical you should know you're the ones being mischievous here.
As for your last point/question, because your mind has registered it that way, that's how you'll always see it, we saw wike demolishing a mosque last year claiming rivers is a Christian state you never opened your mouth to criticise him, but now, it's a Muslim that's involved it's violence, sense no go kee you my brother.

Firstly kwara is not a Muslim state. Second your narrative is faulty hense it has no value nor needed response.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Kdon2: 10:09am On Mar 07, 2021
persius555:
Whoever wants to wear hijab should not be denied. Whoever is not obliged to should not be forced to do so. Missionary or public school.

Everyone has a right of freedom of expression. Africans can be very petty over issues that should not be considered for debate

You can't use rosary in a mosque or Islamic gathering neither can you practise your faith without conflict from the overzealous Muslims.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Kdon2: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Read about your history before you come to any conclusion. Did the Africans invite the colonial masters & their pet project called the missionaries ?.
These colonial masters/ missionaries called your ancestors barbarians & destroyed their culture.
Since after the independence instead of the Africans to live in love & harmony side by side these missionaries schools controlled by black are discriminating against their fellow blacks.
Its on record Mary mother of Jesus covered her head, why are these Illuminati agents against morality but love showing unclothedness in the church.

Gibberish
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Kdon2: 10:13am On Mar 07, 2021
JaffyJoe:

Oh please the comparison is on point. You hinge hijab wearing on freedom to identify with their faith demands (which is a veneration of your god/prophet) supremely over the school’s which has always had berets as their dress code since inception but quick to downplay the Christian student from identifying with their own biblical demands. Your hypocrisy stinks.

Tell me why there are mosques within most government offices in Kwara but no single chapel in any? You clowns give what you can’t take an inch of.

On point!
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by JaffyJoe(m): 10:27am On Mar 07, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Commonsense questions to ask is was the grant used to build the schools or to cover recurrent cost 47 years ago?
I never realizes partially covering recurrent cost of a property can transfer its ownership. This move should be resisted by all Christian schools around including those not affected by this yet because if they succeed with this demonic takeover, they will use the covido palliative to make inroad into all school that enjoyed the cash transfer to staff members.

Can my neighbor who charges phones in my house after fueling my gen for one night or week use that as excuse to become a stakeholder in my generator or my life?

Exactly. Grant aiding schools doesn’t imply ownership. Even some private universities in Nigeria enjoys government grants, does that make them FG schools? These guys are just silly.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Thelife: 10:32am On Mar 07, 2021
heykims:
The schools ain't Christian schools but public schools, so why will they oppose the user of hijab?
They said the Christian bodies are already in court working on how to reclaim the schools. So they should wait till when they get the school back before they can tag those schools Christian and then ban the use of hijab.
Moreso, there are also many Islam themed schools that have also been taken by the govt and hijab is never made compulsory for all students just because those schools belong to the govt and not to the Muslim societies. The Muslims can also only make compulsory use of hijab for all students only after recovering the schools from the govt.

your brain need reset. it was stated that the moslin school don't allow Christian fellowship nor Christian to wear cross but this head slammer terrorist sees nothing wrong there. eyin werey gbogbo
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by JaffyJoe(m): 10:34am On Mar 07, 2021
lafiagi007:

You haven't answered my question bro, Nigeria is a secular nation right? Everyone has the right to dress in his own way, moreover, the Muslim schools in kwara state (a Muslim state) don't force Christian students to wear hijab, why should the Christian schools be forcing Muslim students to pull off hijab? If you're to be logical you should know you're the ones being mischievous here.
As for your last point/question, because your mind has registered it that way, that's how you'll always see it, we saw wike demolishing a mosque last year claiming rivers is a Christian state you never opened your mouth to criticise him, but now, it's a Muslim that's involved it's violence, sense no go kee you my brother.

Everything you said became trash after you Kwara is a Muslim state nonsense. Look around dude, there are more churches in Ilorin than mosques lol. Maybe your town in Lafiagi is a Muslim town sha but as long as we are all under this Kwara, there’s no such thing as a Muslim state here. How many Muslims are in Moro, Oyun, Afon, Ifelodun, Ekiti Kwara? You know nothing.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by TemmyT002(m): 10:34am On Mar 07, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Get a brain.

Freedom is not absolute.
Since religious freedom is part of democracy, go into the mosque with bible and celestial church regalia to worship

You are the one who should get a brain.
You are talking rubbish.
Everyone is permitted to practice their religion any way they want under a democracy.
Your bias on religion doesn't matter. Your opinion on it doesn't matter either
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Thelife: 10:43am On Mar 07, 2021
lafiagi007:

I think the comparison you're making here doesn't hold any substance, why? Because we're not talking about worship here but dress code and I'm sure no Muslim school in kwara forces it's Christian students to wear hijab because it's a Muslim school so why should a Christian school, aided by the government of the state that is predominantly Muslim try to force it's Muslim students not to wear hijab? Let's be logical men!

Another werey, how is it not logical please, your Islamic state owned public school stop any student from having there religion identity( wear a cross, have a fellowship) in there school yet there want there sisters to be allowed to wear hijab in Christian schools. are you people high again?
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Mindblowing(m): 10:46am On Mar 07, 2021
I lived in ilorin for over 25 years, so i virtually know every where in kwara state, schooled in Bishop Smith memorial college, most of the govt owned schools are Christian's and never was any Muslim lady seen wearing hijab around it except when going to the mosque. I recalled what happened before, during and after the revival of evangelist reinhard bonnke from Germany and Dr K A Paul from India. Ilorin has been a peaceful state until this so call Muslim started their wahala, thank God for peaceful Christians who did everything just to avert religion crisis that period, the Muslims always want impose any law on the Christians and expect them to abide by it. They allowed herbalists to hold their joint meeting program inside the stadium for 30 days where people visits for several charms but stopped Evang. Reinhard bonnke from holding his crusade even after several months of advertisement before his arrival, they had to move the crusade to CAN field outskirt ilorin city but yet this so called Muslims came there with knives to stopped them from continuing the crusade, Bukola Saraki was the governor. The issue here is there are this four cleric imam that holds the four corners of kwara state, whatever they want or says stands even the governor cannot oppose their bidding.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by JaffyJoe(m): 10:48am On Mar 07, 2021
Patrioticman007:

Keep quiet with your revisionist history. Who turned Afonja’s shrine to a mosque in Ilorin? Who force Yorubas in Ilorin to change their names to Abdul- Moha- Shehu? The missionaries agenda was different from colonialists agendas if not even you would have been forced into Christianity today but they didn’t do that. Only you people gave people the option of conversion, subjugation & payment of jizya or death.

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Thelife: 10:48am On Mar 07, 2021
Sam0:

I did my secondary school at Taoheed secondary school in Ilorin some years back and the Christians were allowed to have their FCS in the school, the Christian and Muslim prayers run concurrently on the Assembly ground.Am a christian and till now I can pray very well in Islam till now same with the Muslim students they can pray and recites the Lords prayer. so this your point of government schools not allowing christian student to have their FCS is false.

Oga why can't you just shut up and reason please, when did you finish secondary school? so you mean there is no changes since you finish secondary school? the werey claim to be Christian.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Thelife: 10:49am On Mar 07, 2021
kennyz247:
lies
you dey mind the idiot.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by sageer1706(m): 10:51am On Mar 07, 2021
martolux:
May the Almighty God grant the State Government the wisdom of King Solomon on this matter.

Like I earlier said on a similar thread, constitutionally, muslim students have the right to wear hijab in a govt owned christian sch, but the reality on ground is that, govt owned muslim schools in Ilorin would not tolerate christian students to have fellowship [FCS] in their schools. Now, why should christian schools tolerate the use of hijab? If Kwara state govt wants to be fair in this situation, as they are enforcing the use of hijab in all gov't owned schools, they should as well pass the law that all christian student should be allowed to have fellowship in all gov't owned muslim schools. That's fairness and religious tolerance!

I don't know about schools in kwara but sokoto which is purely islamic state allow christians do their fellowship without any form of hindrance... The unity of this country lies in the hand of our religious leaders (muslim/christians) we have alot of schools here in the north (sokoto) that both religion attend muslims are allow to use their veil(ijab) and the christians don't use it. For me I don't see the reason for all this.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Judolisco(m): 11:18am On Mar 07, 2021
Vernor:

Forfeit what, you're joking have you bought land or built cage before? Definitely you don't know the meaning of what you're saying.
read what I wrote again... The missionaries that built dis schools have left Nigeria since... We are not known for fighting the best thing is to leave the school to the government and tell them to change the names since what they are holding on to is that d schs do collect grants from them... Then churches should build new schs... It is not difficult most of dis schs were built in the 60's
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by vicayomi: 11:19am On Mar 07, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/Metro/Kwara-Crisis-brews-over-use-of-Hijab-in-Christian-schools

To me I think the Muslims wanted to pay Christians kindnesses and love shew to the Muslims children by allowing them to come to Christians own school to learn for ingratitude. How we you say Students should be wearing Hijab in the schools named after saints . Those school were named St William, St. John etc now they want the students to be using Hijab. very soon they would want to build Mosque in them and want their male children to use caps.

It is right time our government should respect what belongs to other no body would allow to teach C R K in Muslims own school not to talk of wearing garments to their or put on rosary. why are they not let Christians school be and control their schools as Muslims are controlling theirs.

Let peace reign . if you are not comfortable with Christians ways of doing things in their school take your children to Islamic schools. no offense in doing so.

1 Like

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Moregreen: 11:22am On Mar 07, 2021
heykims:
The schools ain't Christian schools but public schools, so why will they oppose the user of hijab?
They said the Christian bodies are already in court working on how to reclaim the schools. So they should wait till when they get the school back before they can tag those schools Christian and then ban the use of hijab.
Moreso, there are also many Islam themed schools that have also been taken by the govt and hijab is never made compulsory for all students just because those schools belong to the govt and not to the Muslim societies. The Muslims can also only make compulsory use of hijab for all students only after recovering the schools from the govt.

For your information, these schools were originally established/built by Christians.
Why can't Muslim students attend Muslim schools?
Is it that the Christian schools take education seriously compare to the Muslim counterpart?
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Originalsly: 11:27am On Mar 07, 2021
orikoku:

Kwara government should not force using of hijab on christian schools, they're trying hard to islamize nigeria. All your plans won't work.

Is the Kwara government forcing the wearing of hijab in Christian schools? You need to first find out if the schools affected are Christian schools... and if so... why. If it is a Christian school... and does not want students wearing hijab.... simply stop collecting money from the Kwara government. These schools know this.... can't have it both ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Delists All APC Candidates In Rivers, Smooth Ride For PDP / Atiku Supported Total Removal Of Subsidy / How Dambazzau Stole And Spent NNPC Money - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.