Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools (22114 Views)

Crisis Brews Between Kogi Governor Ododo, Yahaya Bello Over Sacking Of Loyalist / Fresh Crisis Brews In Igangan As Herdsmen Resume Farm Destruction / Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Kingspin(m): 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
hamxee33:

Don't change the topic donlop head it is the Christian School that are trying to christianize female Muslim student not to wear hijab, what happened to freedom of religion beside I heard kwara is a Muslim majority
What is Muslim doing in a Christian school?
The church want to be, why mixing Islam practice even when the church say NO. Respect.

And at no time both religion are joint faith.

It is either you go to schools they tolerate all faith or fly away.

I guess you don't know the meaning of Freedom, you think freedom means your own rights ONLY?
Go and study in a mix school and stop disturbing the world peace.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by LLMG: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2021
their schools are troubled now because of veil issue.
tamdun:

How did those children cause trouble or inconveniences?
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by SIONKPO1(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
smallrincowis16:

the problem with Nigerians is that we are so bigot that we fail to make research before talking.
nobody us forcing hijab on students, the government only pronounced what is know to law, its every Muslim fundamental right backed up by various court pronouncement.
You are wrong and sounds confused
*Are you aware that in some core northern states.the sales and consumptions of Alcohol is.highly prohibited?
mind you the school is a missionary school,thou government supports it at time.
I attended Muslim school,the reciting of bisimillahi was mandatory at the assembly ground likewise Islamic studies,but I didn't complain
let the Muslim students change school
shikena
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Ramsak1: 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
Na ment or malaria?
adadike:
The thank you that Muslims will tell us for actually bringing education to their door step is ' the use of hijab'. They should go to their boring ansarudeen school and let Christians be. We will not accept terrorists in our schools coz all Muslims are potential terrorists. The girls using hijab can be used as suicide bombers. The govt should as a matter of urgency return back the schools to mission, we are able and capable . I hope the terrorist governor of kwara state can see this
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Ramsak1: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
Pelee...Cosmopolitan Saraki
E be like say head dy pain you, which Bukola saraki senate are you talking about? Is it the same senate that stalled the progress of our nation with selfish politics, the same senate that will delay and pad budget and cancel every other developmental projects? This same Saraki that couldn't agree with his own family members? Bros, you miss am oo.
Saraki is nothing but a selfish egomaniac who doesn't care about this country or her people, next time, you should use your sense before coming here to spit nonsense as if you're in your father's toilet.
Dpharisee:
I remember when Christians in Kwara joined the Fulanis to be shouting 'Otoge' out of hate for a cosmopolitan Bukola Saraki and ensure that anyone who is closely linked to him did not win any post.
Today Bukola Saraki's Senate is regarded as one of the best which never kowtowed to the executive, there was real separation of powers.
I also recall them calling anyone who did not support Otoge as IPOB 'terrorist'.
Today it seems those who saw ahead that Otoge was borne out of hatred and not geared towards the general good and growth of Kwara have been vindicated. Bukola Saraki walks around with pride because today we are ashamed of the rubber stamp we have as Senate which approves everything even before the president sends it to them and the kind of backward governance we see in Kwara state which has spent weeks fighting over hijab and not the general well-being of the people.

The question to 'Otogeists' now is how far? You have elected religious fundamentalists into power, meanwhile Kwara state boasts of the largest number of BEGGARS in one location in Nigeria, there is a thread on that topic here.
Kwara is also a hotbed for religious extremists more than Sokoto and Kano combined shocked
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by tosin4lyf: 5:01am On Mar 08, 2021
JaffyJoe:

In Ansarudeen School in Ipe, Christians are not allowed to have FCS within the school but their counterpart had that privilege to do their own thing. I know someone qualified whom was not allowed to become a principal in Sheik Abdulkadri at Asa Dam because she was a Christian. The outgoing principal confided in her point blank. If you think Christians are not being subjugated and unfairly treated in Kwara, it’s either you are not from there or you are super ignorant.
Can a Muslim become Principal in Christian Schools like (St Anthony, Mount Carmel)
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Coolgent(m): 6:41am On Mar 08, 2021
Let them go to court if they aint happy with this development.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by capatainrambo: 7:47am On Mar 08, 2021
hamxee33:

Don't change the topic donlop head it is the Christian School that are trying to christianize female Muslim student not to wear hijab, what happened to freedom of religion beside I heard kwara is a Muslim majority
then dont attend christian schools. Go to muslim owned schools

1 Like

Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Fuckyoumod: 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]my post is for the high IQ people. You can stay off and watch
your post is for empty headed people.

Empty post can't be for smart people.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Amotolongbo(f): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
your post is for empty headed people.

Empty post can't be for smart people.
Even if you see smart post, do you have the cerebral capability to discern?
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by Fuckyoumod: 9:27am On Mar 10, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Even if you see smart post, do you have the cerebral capability to discern?
there is nothing discernible about empty posts bro.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by sevenhundred(m): 9:42am On Mar 10, 2021
martolux:
May the Almighty God grant the State Government the wisdom of King Solomon on this matter.

Like I earlier said on a similar thread, constitutionally, muslim students have the right to wear hijab in a govt owned christian sch, but the reality on ground is that, govt owned muslim schools in Ilorin would not tolerate christian students to have fellowship [FCS] in their schools. Now, why should christian schools tolerate the use of hijab? If Kwara state govt wants to be fair in this situation, as they are enforcing the use of hijab in all gov't owned schools, they should as well pass the law that all christian student should be allowed to have fellowship in all gov't owned muslim schools. That's fairness and religious tolerance!

that actually is the problems, an education institution should have its regular uniform as identity, without any religion affiliation.
Re: Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools by JaffyJoe(m): 9:44am On Mar 10, 2021
*You said girls must be allowed to use hijab in “grant-aided” mission schools. Keywords “grant-aided” regardless of the school’s religious heritage. You hinged your arguments on fairness, equity & justice. Now where were these same qualities when you set up Kwara State College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies exclusively for yourself using money from Christian tax payers as well? Where was your sense of inclusiveness when you used same to establish a State Sharia Court of Appeal? Where was your fairness whenever you build mosques in public offices and schools without equivalent worship spaces for Christian employees in the state? Systematic domination of one above the other using the instrumentality of state has thrived in Kwara for too long. Stop playing the hypocritical victim cards when you are actually the oppressor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

They Have Killed My Son - Oshiomhole / Sani Mohammed: FG Lying About Boko Haram, Terrorists Controlling Territories / INEC Delists All APC Candidates In Rivers, Smooth Ride For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.