Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! (880 Views)

The Day That I Modified My View About The After Life / Origin Of Planet Earth And Who Rule It From Before Life Came In / Atheists Let's Discuss God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Childofthelord(f): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2021
Many believers like myself believe that after death on earth is judgement which decides where we spend eternity in either heaven or hell.
But why Heaven or Hell? Isn't that overly dichotomous? Sometimes I really want to side with the Catholics who believe in Purgatory.
Can we really be 100% holy as humans? Are we all going to hell?

A friend of mine once told me that she sees Heaven as God's abode; where he and his angels reside alone. She said Heaven is not a retirement home for saints. How about Hell? Same, Where the Devil and his demons reside alone. I then asked what happens to humans when we die? She said nothing, we seize to exist, that is all...the end. I could not really wrap that around my head then she proceeded to discuss Before-life

What is Before-life? No one can seem to answer the question "where were we before we are born?"
Some have told me we where in heaven, many people have said we simply did not exist.
But where are our souls camped before being assigned to our mothers womb?

If we seized to exist before-life what are the chances that we will exist afterlife?

I will appreciate if the mods move this to front page wink

3 Likes

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Jashub: 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2021
The universe is partisan so the concept of heaven and hell makes tremendous sense. And as for existence of life before our coming to this world, I cannot say. But my guess is this :since man is a finite being, he must have had start from somewhere. This "somewhere" must be a place of nonexistentence of awareness, self and thought.

2 Likes

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by falcon01: 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
it's simple before life we where Non existent after life we will be Non existent atleast that's a Logical way of viewing it but Religiously there are thousands of Explanations from thousands of religions worldwide to where we were before life and most of them if not all of them are really Funny and Lack proof.

2 Likes

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by harmargedon: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2021
memories

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
Nice thought...

Where do goats, seals, penguins and otters go when they die?

"Nowhere", they get recycled.

Where were they before they were born?

They were the grass on the plains, the nutrients in the soil, and the moisture in the air.

Before you were born, so were you.

The world is a cycle, sang Richie Spice...

5 Likes

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
Childofthelord:
While I do expect to get a lot of backlash for airing my innocent thoughts on a Sunday, please be my guest, your food is in the microwave.

Many believers like myself believe that after death on earth is judgement which decides where we spend eternity in either heaven or hell.
But why Heaven or Hell? Isn't that overly dichotomous? Sometimes I really want to side with the Catholics who believe in Purgatory.

A friend of mine once told me that she sees Heaven as God's abode; where he and his angels reside alone. She said Heaven is not a retirement home for saints. How about Hell? Same, Where the Devil and his demons reside alone. I then asked what happens to humans when we die? She said nothing, we seize to exist, that is all...the end. I could not really wrap that around my head then she proceeded to discuss Before-life

What is Before-life? No one can seem to answer the question "where were we before we are born?"
Some have told me we where in heaven, many people have said we simply did not exist.

If we seized to exist before-life what are the chances that we will exist afterlife?

Why just Heaven and Hell? Th answer to that question is in fact very simple.

A careful read through the Bible will help you see that the afterlife you speak so much of is a gift you get from believing in Jesus Christ. Those who do not believe in Him, Jesus Christ, do not have an afterlife, since they are condemned to die(mind,body and soul returned to dist like Adam before them). When they take their last breath on this earth. These are those that Jesus Christ referred to as the "dead" - God is not God of the dead but God of the living.
Now the one who gave you this gift of an afterlife/Eternal life, also declares that once your period/ife on earth is over, you have the option of spending eternity either in Heaven or Hell. It's His gift and His rules. undecided

Your Catholic counterparts who conjured up a third destination which they call "limbo" or "pergatory" to appease themselves assume they as mere humans can influence the Will of God. Either that or they believe they have resources and power enough to create an eternal kingdom of their own where they can spend the gift of Eternity they obtain through their belief in the person of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by clemsclef: 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2021
The bible says before we were formed in the womb he knew us.Jesus did nt come down from his throne for nothing bt to save us from destruction.All the chances of we existing after life is been spelt out in the bible.Peace

1 Like

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by BetterChurch: 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Childofthelord:
While I do expect to get a lot of backlash for airing my innocent thoughts on a Sunday, please be my guest, your food is in the microwave.

Before-life was a Past Life and each of us have lived before, severally. Past lives recall is possible and is a step towards Self-Realization.

1 Like

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, would you like if i also participate in the discussion? smiley

Childofthelord:

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by psychalade: 7:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, would you like if i also participate in the discussion? smiley

Members of the forum have been commenting without asking for permission, Why do you think that you needed to be permitted before you can comment on the topic sir? grin

1 Like

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Childofthelord(f): 2:30am On Mar 11, 2021
Ofcourse, go for it!
MaxInDHouse:

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:36am On Mar 11, 2021
Because i belong to a group that always takes permission before engaging people in scriptural talks, we greet people when we go to their homes, introduce ourselves and present what we have. We must not disturb the peaceful atmosphere with noise or shouting inside the bus when the passengers haven't permitted us to speak! Matthew 12:19
God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

psychalade:

Members of the forum have been commenting without asking for permission, Why do you think that you needed to be permitted before you can comment on the topic sir? grin
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:53am On Mar 11, 2021
Childofthelord:

Ofcourse, go for it!
God created the first human couple from dust {Genesis 2:7} before then they never existed and he promised them a gift "immortality" if they will abide by his rules but if not he will return them to where they came (non-existence) {Genesis 2:17} therefore the gift is only for the good not for evildoers! Romans 6:23
So at death humans return to non-existence just like all other creatures {Ecclesiastes 3:19-20} the only hope now lies in the hands of God who has the power to restore life back to those who proved to be his friend {Job 14:13-15} because he keeps all their data in his memory book {Genesis 4:10 compare to Hebrew 11:4} he can restore them back no matter what happened to their former bodies can't stop him from bringing them back to life! John 5:28-29
But presently all those who died are sleeping in death they know nothing, feel nothing and so they can't help nor harm the living neither can we do anything to help them {Ecclesiastes 9:5-6, 10} all their memories has vanished it's only God who knows the useful ones among them and he will bring them back if they made his heart glad when the were alive! Proverbs 27:11 compare to Ecclesiastes 12:1
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Childofthelord(f): 11:44am On Mar 11, 2021
You did not mention judgement after death, Heaven or Hell and where we will spend eternity. Any reason for that? As much as I understand your scriptural evidence, the bible also talks about Heaven and Hell, which you made no reference to. Enlighten me please smiley
MaxInDHouse:

God created the first human couple from dust {Genesis 2:7} before then they never existed and he promised them a gift "immortality" if they will abide by his rules but if not he will return them to where they came (non-existence) {Genesis 2:17} therefore the gift is only for the good not for evildoers! Romans 6:23
So at death humans return to non-existence just like all other creatures {Ecclesiastes 3:19-20} the only hope now lies in the hands of God who has the power to restore life back to those who proved to be his friend {Job 14:13-15} because he keeps all their data in his memory book {Genesis 4:10 compare to Hebrew 11:4} he can restore them back no matter what happened to their former bodies can't stop him from bringing them back to life! John 5:28-29
But presently all those who died are sleeping in death they know nothing, feel nothing and so they can't help nor harm the living neither can we do anything to help them {Ecclesiastes 9:5-6, 10} all their memories has vanished it's only God who knows the useful ones among them and he will bring them back if they made his heart glad when the were alive! Proverbs 27:11 compare to Ecclesiastes 12:1
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by sonmvayina(m): 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2021
Life is like a day between two nights

And death is like a night between two days...

We are spiritual beings just having a human expereince. In other to have a good and peaceful and fruitful expereince , our creator gave us certain laws and statutes to keep and obey.
Man is made from Gods breath + dust of the earth. Death simply means return to default. The body returns to dust where it was taken and spirit back to God who gave it. Gods spirit is pure and does not need saving from anything. When the prophet spoke of salvation it is usually from physical danger..

The psalmist says in psalm 104:29 - 31 " send forth your spirit and they are created and replenish the earth, take it and they die and return back to earth...."

So before life on earth, we where spirit beings(the real life)

We all came to this life to ENJOY it.

1 Like

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2021
Heaven is the place God made for his spirits sons to dwell closer to him but the earth is where God created for humans. Psalms 115:16
Before God created Adam there was no Adam so at death Adam return to non-existence but his body which supposed to last forever is buried in Hell (Grave)
There are traditional religious teachings about heaven and hell that's fabricated as if they have to do with scriptures but they're all lies.
Death is the wages of sin {Romans 6:23 compare to Genesis 3:19} and the person that died has paid for all his sins at death {Romans 6:7} God has no business with them again unless if they're part of those who lived based on their own conscience, to God such persons are UNRIGHTEOUS since they don't know the righteousness of God! Act 24:15
So they will be resurrected back to life where they will now be tested whether they will accept God's righteousness which is through Christ or not.
But as for those who intentionally lived a wicked life or those who after knowing the righteousness of God through Christ but ignored it, they are gone for good because their own judgement is automatic! John 3:16-19

Childofthelord:
You did not mention judgement after death, Heaven or Hell and where we will spend eternity. Any reason for that? As much as I understand your scriptural evidence, the bible also talks about Heaven and Hell, which you made no reference to. Enlighten me please smiley

1 Like

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Childofthelord(f): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2021
This is a little difficult to grasp, but I am learning quite a lot. "The dead in Christ shall rise again" this is usually likened to Rapture, when God comes back to take his own and the dead in him shall rise and be resurrected as well. But before then, Kindly explain what happens when a Christian and an unbeliever die at the same time. I understand that the unbeliever has paid for his sins with death. But does the believer go to heaven? What then is eternal life for the righteous? I am sure you don't mean reincarnation.
MaxInDHouse:
Heaven is the place God made for his spirits sons to dwell closer to him but the earth is where God created for humans. Psalms 115:16
Before God created Adam there was no Adam so at death Adam return to non-existence but his body which supposed to last forever is buried in Hell (Grave)
There are traditional religious teachings about heaven and hell that's fabricated as if they have to do with scriptures but they're all lies.
Death is the wages of sin {Romans 6:23 compare to Genesis 3:19} and the person that died has paid for all his sins at death {Romans 6:7} God has no business with them again unless if they're part of those who lived based on their own conscience, to God such persons are UNRIGHTEOUS since they don't know the righteousness of God! Act 24:15
So they will be resurrected back to life where they will now be tested whether they will accept God's righteousness which is through Christ or not.
But as for those who intentionally lived a wicked life or those who after knowing the righteousness of God through Christ but ignored it, they are gone for good because their own judgement is automatic! John 3:16-19

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2021
This is where things got difficult for Churchgoers, their religious beliefs is all about heaven after death but that's not what God promised from the beginning.
Where God purposed for Mankind is earth but since most religions don't share Bible's opinion on life and death they just want to continue living no matter what and some think those who hurt them must still suffer after death.
What God promised righteous people is everlasting life on Earth (Paradise) {Job 14:13-15; Psalms 37:9-11, 29} they will live peacefully with animals {Isaiah 11:6} No more sickness {Isaiah 33:24} blind will see the lame will walk {Isaiah 35:5-6} abundance of food throughout the earth {Psalms 72:16} tears and mourning will be gone for good! Revelations 21:3-5
So this is God's promises for righteous people {Matthew 5:5} but God will first form a government comprising of one Perfect King and imperfect corulers. That King is Jesus and God will select corulers from among Jesus' trained disciples precisely 144,000 Christians, this are the ones Jesus promised a place where there are mansions {John 14:1-4} note that those whom God promised before then will build their own houses on planet earth {Isaiah 65:21-23} so Jesus refer to this limited number as little flock {Luke 12:32} they will be taken to heaven with Jesus.
The selection begin with the first century Jewish followers of Christ so all past righteous ones before Jesus will not be part because they never learnt how to participate in the rulership from the counselor himself {Matthew 11:11; Isaiah 9:6} many others from different nations will also be selected to complete that number because majority of the Jews who God purposely promised this heavenly citizenship through Abraham {Genesis 12:1-3} never showed interest! John 1:11-12
So there is two destination for righteous people few Christians Jesus referred to as born again will go to heaven to rule with Jesus forever but the remaining millions of righteous ones will live forever on planet earth! Revelations 14:1, 6 smiley

Childofthelord:

This is a little difficult to grasp, but I am learning quite a lot. "The dead in Christ shall rise again" this is usually likened to Rapture, when God comes back to take his own and the dead in him shall rise and be resurrected as well. But before then, Kindly explain what happens when a Christian and an unbeliever die at the same time. I understand that the unbeliever has paid for his sins with death. But does the believer go to heaven? What then is eternal life for the righteous? I am sure you don't mean reincarnation.

1 Like

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Kobojunkie: 5:51am On Jan 21, 2023
Childofthelord:
■ I then asked what happens to humans when we die? She said nothing, we seize to exist, that is all...the end.
■I could not really wrap that around my head then she proceeded to discuss Before-life What is Before-life? No one can seem to answer the question "where were we before we are born?" Some have told me we where in heaven, many people have said we simply did not exist.
■If we seized to exist before-life what are the chances that we will exist afterlife? I will appreciate if the mods move this to front page wink
1. Technically, your friend is right as all those who are not born-again— and are not Righteous of the Old Covenant — cease to exist when they die. Remember, from dust you were made and to dust you shall return - Genesis 3 vs 19 -22. undecided

2. Before you were conceived, you were nothing but dust — from dust you were made .... Genesis 3 vs 19. undecided

3. You weren't born with an afterlife. Depending on your bloodline, you may be able to gain an afterlife in this life. Only those who have an afterlife do not cease after they die. All others are returned to dust from which they were made — they cease to exist when they die. undecided
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Kobojunkie: 5:56am On Jan 21, 2023
Childofthelord:
Heaven and Hell only apply as far as those who are born-again, those who believe in Jesus Christ. As Jesus Christ explained, it is only those who are born-again that can gain access into the Kingdom of God either through the Broad gate which leads to destruction(Hellfire), or the Narrow gate which leads to True Life(Heaven) at the end - John 3 vs 1 - 8 & Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. And Judgement after death, as preached by Jesus Christ, applies only to those under His Jurisdiction i.e. the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. Jesus Christ is the King over Heaven and also King over Hell. So, if you are not born-again, you can partake in neither Heaven nor Hell nor the judgment of those who are of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:36am On Jan 21, 2023
Obviously, you know you are going to eternal torment.

Childofthelord:
But why Heaven or Hell? Isn't that overly dichotomous?

Is it dichotomous you decide whether your phone lives or dies?

Childofthelord:

Sometimes I really want to side with the Catholics who believe in Purgatory.

Exactly what I tell Catholics and jws you are both fueled by wishes!

Childofthelord:

7 men have done it already, no woman yet and obviously, it is not going to be you.

Childofthelord:

A friend of mine once told me that she sees Heaven as God's abode; where he and his angels reside alone. She said Heaven is not a retirement home for saints. How about Hell? Same, Where the Devil and his demons reside alone.

Satan is not in hell that is just foolish tales of idle lying women.

Childofthelord:

I then asked what happens to humans when we die? She said nothing, we seize to exist, that is all...the end. I could not really wrap that around my head then she proceeded to discuss Before-life

Lying again you wished it was true and you would like it to be true but... YOU ALREADY KNOW SHE IS LYING.

Childofthelord:

That is why you are no different from a mannequin and iPhone. You are you!

Your Creator creates you and you are created and if He wishes to keep you alive for uncountable billions of years, like your mannequin, there is nothing you can do about it.

You are just a toy.
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:44am On Jan 21, 2023
BuddhaPalm:
Nice thought...

Where do goats, seals, penguins and otters go when they die?

"Nowhere", they get recycled.

Where were they before they were born?

They were the grass on the plains, the nutrients in the soil, and the moisture in the air.

Before you were born, so were you.

The world is a cycle, sang Richie Spice...

Meaning Someone has to recycle them and The king has did not say He would recycle man and grasses and seals are not man.

So you are just another man fueled by the deceit of Wishes!
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:53am On Jan 21, 2023
Jashub:
The universe is partisan so the concept of heaven and hell makes tremendous sense. And as for existence of life before our coming to this world, I cannot say. But my guess is this :since man is a finite being, he must have had start from somewhere. This "somewhere" must be a place of nonexistentence of awareness, self and thought.

Man is not a finite being but his Manufacturer created him to last forever.

So his beginning is when God decided that the chassis (body) of serial no 67889... should be manufactured and put an engine (soul) in it and put battery (His Spirit).Vroom, ready for release.
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2023
falcon01:
it's simple before life we where Non existent after life we will be Non existent atleast that's a Logical way of viewing it but Religiously there are thousands of Explanations from thousands of religions worldwide to where we were before life and most of them if not all of them are really Funny and Lack proof.

Your before life is correct but your after life is supposed to be correct but God our Manufacturer has removed that option.

So man is going to exist forever! That is what it means to be created.
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:58am On Jan 21, 2023
harmargedon:
memories

Another wish fuelled living mannequin that foolishly thinks it's life was it own grin
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by falcon01: 8:05am On Jan 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Your before life is correct but your after life is supposed to be correct but God our Manufacturer has removed that option.

So man is going to exist forever! That is what it means to be created.

We can't know that, we don't know that, we are not certain about anything Until we die and like I said, there's no proof it's just faith from religious point of view.
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:13am On Jan 21, 2023
falcon01:
We can't know that, we don't know that, we are not certain about anything Until we die and like I said, there's no proof it's just faith from religious point of view.

We already know that. Our Manufacturer had already Said it. And the proof is the fact that all products since Cain and Abel are in the store called sleeping waiting for disposal to the next stages of the existence.
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by falcon01: 9:21am On Jan 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

We already know that. Our Manufacturer had already Said it. And the proof is the fact that all products since Cain and Abel are in the store called sleeping waiting for disposal to the next stages of the existence.
some people don't believe in your Manufacturer, Some people have different Manufacturer from yours with different explanation to yours. Why are you certain about yours?

1 Like

Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by Dtruthspeaker: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2023
falcon01:
some people don't believe in your Manufacturer, Some people have different Manufacturer from yours with different explanation to yours. Why are you certain about yours?

As iPhone does not have to believe Steve Jobs, so is their beliefs/unbelief unnecessary.

The good thing about believing your Creator is that at the least, you can have the confidence that since you have complied with His instructions, you would not and ought not be in trouble with Him.

While refusal to believe or I don't want to believe is one who is looking for His Makers Troubles. And o the definition of great foolishness is when a toy pursues it's Makers Trouble. And funny how you avoid and dodge the troubles of co-toys, is it now the Makers Own they should pursue. How foolish, but however, foolish toys are also amongst us here, so choices, choices, choices and some shall choose bread and others stones. That is how this existence is.
Re: We Always Talk About The After-life. What About Before-life? Let's Discuss! by CodeTemplar: 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2023
We were in hibernation and with God.

(1) (Reply)

A Man Built Tb Joshua's Statue In His House. / Some Lies From Scientists / When The Doors Are Closed Against You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.