Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK (1514 Views)

Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK by eduson33(m): 4:13am On Mar 08, 2021
If your friend is truly innocent then here is my 2 cent.

Divorce can be messy and mostly favors the woman.
FOR ME I'D SAY,HE SHOULD FIND A WAY TO MAKE PEACE...THERE IS ALWAYS A SOLUTION TO EVERY PROBLEM.

That being said;

1. He needs to get something doing. Even tho its very tough right now, he can find some part time job to keep him afloat.(Tell him to search for property management companies(concierge and security) they only need your cv and your availability to start booking you in for jobs or he can apply for public fund.

Even tho his current visa says''no recourse to public funds,he can still access public funds but it will only restart the clock for him and extend the length of time before he can Naturalize or receive ILR. He can also be provided with a lawyer if he cant afford one(Even tho those ones are not the best). Some legal firms will be happy to take on the case and charge him later if successful(depending on his argument)..He should start gathering proofs and evidences that will help his case.

if they have been married for over 3 years and he has lived in the UK for at least one year, he is entitled to apply for ''RIGHT TO REMAIN'' Which means he will be issued a 5 years visa to remain in the UK after the divorce,provided that the application is successful.

If the court grants him access to the kids, he can also apply to remain in the country based on the kids.

Tell him to actively pursue peace..katakata is never a solution..
Re: How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK by Nobody: 4:43am On Mar 08, 2021
Ishilove:
Wanna share off the forum? I have a saviour complex cheesy
Save me. I want to be saved

1 Like

Re: How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK by Ishilove: 9:22am On Mar 08, 2021

1 Like

Re: How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK by descarado: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Warning: Do Not Use An Orthopaedic Mattress Until You Read This / Man Get Tired Of Buying Baby’s Diapers, Says Wife Is Wasting It / The Other Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.