Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,688 members, 7,823,939 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

The Keke Experience - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Keke Experience (434 Views)

The Keke Experience / The Keke Experience / Tales Of A Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Keke Experience by AttillaBeeJr: 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2021
THE "KEKE" EXPERIENCE:-- A personal experience of the bad and ugly situation of the society. 21/01/21. Part 1.

It was about quarter past the hour of twelve noon when the sun was shining directly above my head such that its illuminates my black African skin and produces a liquid on my face and forehead.
While standing at the ' Yan Taya ' junction with my earpiece stuck to one of my ears; the right one precisely and vibing to my favorite song of Chike ' beautiful people ' which was playing on replay for the past one hour and hung on my shoulder was my beautiful 'Burberry' side bag which an older brother bought for himself but I insisted I wanted it and of course my phone that was sitting comfortably in my right pocket with the earpiece connected to it.
There in the sun even as I was trying to stop a ' Keke ' and pointing towards the direction I was heading to. Though, talking to ' Keke riders' and telling them where you're going to seem to be a waste of time because the noise produced by other 'kekes' , cars and people's activities will not allow a smooth communication. So, the best communication skill is to point towards the direction one is heading to. Obviously one could tell how busy and noisy a place like Terminus could be.

After several attempts of waiting for ' Keke ', this good looking ' Keke ' stopped, it was clean as though it had just been washed with a pool of water. " Where are you going to? " He asked in Hausa, " Ring Road " I replied then he said; " come in ". As I innocently hopped into the ' Keke ' to join these two guys that were already seated behind as though they were passengers too, they were a perfect example of ' gentlemen ', one wouldn't suspect any suspicious thing or move.

We got moving, still with my earpiece stuck to my right ear and my phone firmly gripped to my pocket and thigh and still vibing to my music.

(1) (Reply)

Any New Writer Should Try To Read At Least 100 Books Before Starting To Write / 5 Important Tips To Building Mental Strength. / Bride For Rent (orebe's Version) Episode 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.