Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House (8818 Views)

Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome / The Grand Atrium Event Centre Is Available For Sale / Atrium Estate Abijo GRA, Lekki Lagos. Special Ember Promo!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 3:18am On Apr 11, 2021
More

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 3:20am On Apr 11, 2021
Slab work

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 3:22am On Apr 11, 2021
Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 3:36am On Apr 11, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

We need your input here.

Which will you chose between 1, 2 and 3 as a minimalist looking for style without compromising safety and blowing budget? and why would one over the other?

More designs here https://www.kobocity.com/d/157-construction-journal-xl6-trillion-atrium-house-by-nexthome/92

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 3:39am On Apr 11, 2021
Updates: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome

The making of the grills, the fins and everything in-between.

#AtriumHouse #Milestone3 #NextHome

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by DUNKA(m): 5:28am On Apr 11, 2021
n3xt:

We need your input here.

Which will you chose between 1, 2 and 3 as a minimalist looking for style without compromising safety and blowing budget? and why would one over the other?

More designs here https://www.kobocity.com/d/157-construction-journal-xl6-trillion-atrium-house-by-nexthome/92

would chose 1. Looks simple and classy

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 6:33am On Apr 11, 2021
DUNKA:
would chose 1. Looks simple and classy

Thank you sir.
Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by DUNKA(m): 6:36am On Apr 11, 2021
Brabus Please if a builder is to build just the carcass while another person is too complete the interior and finish the building at what stage would the handover be?

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 6:53am On Apr 11, 2021
DUNKA:
Brabus Please if a builder is to build just the carcass while another person is too complete the interior and finish the building at what stage would the handover be?

Kindly ensure the builder deliver the plastering stage to avoid double expenses.

This means that the builder must handle:

- window installations
- door frames installations
- plastering of the walls (internal/externals)
- internal conduits

A lot of issues raised by 3strikes were caused by the fact that the builder was no longer on the project. Most subtrades/artisans capitalizes on this to rip off unsuspecting home owners especially those unavailable to directly supervise their projects.

Here’s a very good example. I will never have placed planks on the damaged roof during plastering because I fully understand the consequence.
Another contractor plastering the house won’t damn the consequence because he can easily blame it on the person who did the roofing.

Also, during construction stage, there are lots of hidden and I completed works that only the builder who started the work from the scratch can identify (eg plumbings). If he’s allowed to walk away before you do your internal plumbings, you might run into problems and end up spending twice on the same job.

There are many more.

A builder can be fired if he messes up or he lacks experience.
However, I’ll always recommend that homeowners/contractors should find a way to manage construction complaints/challenges amicably as failure to do so do both parties more good than harm.

Before handing over, always ensure that an experienced consultant double check the job and ensure that everything is satisfactorily delivered.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by DUNKA(m): 7:03am On Apr 11, 2021
n3xt:

Kindly ensure the builder deliver the plastering stage to avoid double expenses.

This means that the builder must handle:

- window installations
- door frames installations
- plastering of the walls (internal/externals)
- internal conduits

A lot of issues raised by 3strikes were caused by the fact that the builder was no longer on the project. Most subtrades/artisans capitalizes on this to rip off unsuspecting home owners especially those unavailable to directly supervise their projects.

Here’s a very good example. I will never have placed planks on the damaged roof during plastering because I fully understand the consequence.
Another contractor plastering the house won’t damn the consequence because he can easily blame it on the person who did the roofing.

Also, during construction stage, there are lots of hidden and I completed works that only the builder who started the work from the scratch can identify (eg plumbings). If he’s allowed to walk away before you do your internal plumbings, you might run into problems and end up spending twice on the same job.

There are many more.

A builder can be fired if he messes up or he lacks experience.
However, I’ll always recommend that homeowners/contractors should find a way to manage construction complaints/challenges amicably as failure to do so do both parties more good than harm.

Before handing over, always ensure that an experienced consultant double check the job and ensure that everything is satisfactorily delivered.
Thank you. Much appreciated your insights
Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 7:10am On Apr 11, 2021
The demands of self-build | The gains and the pains

Join the discussion here https://www.kobocity.com/d/188-construction-lesson-which-build-route/2

Don’t forget to register and follow the post for more exciting tips.

Experience has shaped us.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2021

Steel Trusses vs Wood?

In coming days, we’d be preparing to roof our Atrium House. My client want something sturdy, environmental friendly, sustainable and strong enough to withstand elements.

We are torn between using steel or roof. What would you do and why?

_______

Guess who’s on site today? Nixon my no. 1 steel structure fabricator.

A maintenance free flat roof is very possible.

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by DUNKA(m): 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2021
n3xt:

Steel Trusses vs Wood?

In coming days, we’d be preparing to roof our Atrium House. My client want something sturdy, environmental friendly, sustainable and strong enough to withstand elements.

We are torn between using steel or roof. What would you do and why?

_______

Guess who’s on site today? Nixon my no. 1 steel structure fabricator. For durability and longevity, i would use steel beams, Just curious if one is using steel instead of wood does that need to taken into consideration during the drawing/designing of the house? Or it does not matter?

A maintenance free flat roof is very possible.
I would personally use steel for longevity and durability over wood. If one wants to use steel does that need to taken into consideration during the drawing/designing of the house or it does not matter?

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
DUNKA:
I would personally use steel for longevity and durability over wood. If one wants to use steel does that need to taken into consideration during the drawing/designing of the house or it does not matter?

Yes sir. It’s necessary so that the supports for the roof trusses can be factored into the structural design.
Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
Floors done. Reinforcement in.

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
Progress pictures from the construction site

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2021

Moving on up.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 2:41am On Apr 13, 2021
Putting extra in ordinary

Slabless staircase again. Here’s our little way of adding value to XL6 Trillion | Atrium House.

We did this before. And now we’re doing it again with a little improvement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 2:50am On Apr 13, 2021
Once again, we have a winner!

XL6 Trillion | Atrium House is having a Steel Roof. I can’t wait to do this once again.

#putting-extra-in-ordinary

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by DUNKA(m): 9:46am On Apr 13, 2021
Well done project moving well. Please what are your thoughts on window louvres? Not the cheap quality ones normally seen but high-grade quality ones.

Have you had a client that wanted them and how was it sourced?

Regards

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by astrohomedesign: 7:58am On Apr 14, 2021
Astor Homes can work with existing plans, or can help you in making a hand craft without any preparation – you should simply single out the alternatives that best suit you, Luxury home builders your family and your way of life. You can likewise imagine precisely the thing you're getting from the very first moment, by visiting our showcase home before you make all necessary endorsements.
Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2021
DUNKA:
Well done project moving well. Please what are your thoughts on window louvres? Not the cheap quality ones normally seen but high-grade quality ones.

Have you had a client that wanted them and how was it sourced?

Regards

I’ve tried sourcing this sometimes ago and I was directed to a man in Gate, Ibadan.

I’m sure sourcing high-grade louvres won’t be an issue it’s a nice concept in contemporary builds.

Here’s something we discussed some years back https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/254#45871333
Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 4:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
Progress Pictures

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2021
Safety and Style | The making of XL6 Trillion Metal Protector

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by DUNKA(m): 3:53am On Apr 15, 2021
n3xt:

I’ve tried sourcing this sometimes ago and I was directed to a man in Gate, Ibadan.

I’m sure sourcing high-grade louvres won’t be an issue it’s a nice concept in contemporary builds.

Here’s something we discussed some years back https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/254#45871333
thanks baba

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 10:10am On Apr 16, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome

Finalizing the 3rd milestone in a bit

Pre-slab work underway.

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
Moving on up

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
Milestone 3 (First Floor Slab) Completed. We are moving up to the final stage of work before roofing.

In the coming days, the fabrication of our roof trusses will commence.

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome

Milestone 4 Now Begun

The construction crew will be taking some day off to cool off.

In the meantime, reinforcement work for the upper floor columns, lintels and roof slab are currently ongoing.

Project resume next Wednesday.

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2021

Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by anitabella: 10:27am On Apr 18, 2021
Pls sir i have been following your building threads on Nairaland, i want to know if i can put parapet on a 6 inch blocked bungalow building.

Most of your building threads i have seen is only done on a 9 inch block.

Your input will be highly appreciated
Re: Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by n3xt(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2021
anitabella:
Pls sir i have been following your building threads on Nairaland, i want to know if i can put parapet on a 6 inch blocked bungalow building.

Most of your building threads i have seen is only done on a 9 inch block.

Your input will be highly appreciated

With proper support(Columns) in place, you can have a concrete fascia (popularly called parapet) on your 6in Wall.

Considering the extra weight on the structure, I’ll recommend a precast or aluminum design

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

LATEST FURNITURE: Sofas,beds,dinning Tables, Office Tables,conference Tables Etc / The Making Of Wardrobes & Kitchen Cabinets For Nairalanders (pics) / Thread tank stand construction by New Pace Services. 07032fourfour6904

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.