Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

My Period Story: How I Got Embarrassed At A Client's Office - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Period Story: How I Got Embarrassed At A Client's Office (468 Views)

My Period This Month Smelled So Bad! What Could Be The Cause Of This? / I've Not Seen My Period For Almost 7weeks Now, Yet I'm Not Pregnant / Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Period Story: How I Got Embarrassed At A Client's Office by EndoNigeria: 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2021
Having painful period is bad enough, but getting it unexpectedly at work makes it much worse. I would never forget the day my period shocked and embarrassed me, God, it wasn’t funny! The day started out normal, waking up early and preparing for work as usual. At work, we had a scheduled meeting at a client’s office and I was to be picked by my boss on the way to the meeting.

On getting to the client’s office, we had to wait for a few minutes before the meeting commenced. Was super excited because it was a really big company. I was seated on a beautiful velvet-topped chair throughout the meeting. I got up smiling and saw the shock on peoples faces, I looked down on the chair I was seated on, and there it was “a large pink stain on a nude chair. I was mortified, and embarrassed, so I just sat back on the chair like that should save me the embarrassment.

A lady walked up to me and offered me a scarf to cover my dress. I still didn't get up as I asked her I'm so sorry, what about the chair” - she told me it was fine that she would call someone to take care of it. I stood up, utterly embarrassed and went to the toilet. To this day, I still don't know if my boss knew about that scenario, or he was saving me from more embarrassment by not talking about it. Unexpected periods are the worst and I would never forget that day.

Have you had a funny, embarrassing or painful period experience? Share your story with us in the comment section. You can also join the conversation on Twitter *using the #perioddiaries or follow us @endosupportng. We would love to hear from you.

Re: My Period Story: How I Got Embarrassed At A Client's Office by spinna: 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
Woman life no easy for this alone..i read somewhere that it was rags they use before the pads invention.. so many other methods they used to hide embarrassment like dark skirts, sweater round waist etc.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Always Feel Hungry When Sick / , / How To Overcome This Blood Test Result/ Iliness Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.