Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help (30227 Views)

My Stool Is Hard And Difficult To Pass Out. What Do I Do Please? / My Brother Sees Blood In His Saliva Whenever He Spits / Blood In Semen, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by baley(m): 7:17am On Mar 11, 2021
Go see a doctor for probably pile or rectal cancer; but I pray rectal cancer won't be ur portion.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by dahme147(m): 7:34am On Mar 11, 2021
Seek medical advice asap bruv

stonemasonn:
Maybe too much sugar....consult your doctor.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Taurusianlady(f): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2021
edo3:
For some days now, I have noticed my stool to be with watery blood. Please nairalanders help me with advise..
It might be a case of pile, consult your doctor first

1 Like

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Vallyview: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2021
post=99763132:
This is called hemorrhoid or Rectal bleeding.
It is definitely not peculiar to you alone.
To start with,
Drink more water,
eat more fruits and fiber, and avoid straining while in the rest room.
You can also Soak your anal area in plain warm water for 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day.
You can also get some over-the-counter hemorrhoid creams at the pharmacy/chemist around you.

And most importantly
Go and see a Doctor,
They will usually give you suppository containing hydrocortisone.
This is very very important.
All the very best from us to you.
the best advise sofar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
edo3:
For some days now, I have noticed my stool to be with watery blood. Please nairalanders help me with advise..
take dafflon , liquid parrafin
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Chuksyno(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2021
eyinjuege:

How would it differentiate blood from a colon cancer from that from a hemorrhoid/pile though?
Lab scientists knows better. Blood sample is used to check causative factors of wide range of diseases.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by eyinjuege: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
Chuksyno:
Lab scientists knows better. Blood sample is used to check causative factors of wide range of diseases.

I know of blood samples to check for diseases.
I just genuinely wanted to find out how the occult blood test can differentiate the blood in stool of a patient with pile from that from a patient with a bleeding ulcer or a colon cancer.
Your feacal occult blood test/immunochemistry test cannot tell you that (pls, correct me if I'm wrong).
And it doesn't make sense doing the test on someone who already acknowledges he sees blood in his stool.
The FIT/FOB test is only useful in patients with other symptoms/changes in their bowel habits, who don't see blood (because its hidden/such a small quantity that it's not noticeable) and you want to confirm if there is. Hence the name occult in the first place (occult means hidden).
It's just a waste of resources to do the test in someone who already sees frank blood in his stool, and it's not going to tell you the source/cause of the blood btw. It just only tells you there is blood in the stool.
The Patient won't be happy with you, because he already told you that himself and has come to you for that reason.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by ozueozue(m): 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2021
You take secnidazole 4 tablets at stat then 1 bd *5/7
Doxycylline 1 bd * 5/7
Lastly Albendazole 400mg stat, go to any drug store show them this. And pls eat alot of paw paw or watermelon.
Feedback is important

edo3:
What is d name of d drugs?
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by 1Sharon(f): 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2021
Sunkyapogee:
You Don eat Yoruba stew lately?

grin
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Chuksyno(m): 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2021
eyinjuege:

I know of blood samples to check for diseases.
I just genuinely wanted to find out how the occult blood test can differentiate the blood in stool of a patient with pile from that from a patient with a bleeding ulcer or a colon cancer.
Your feacal occult blood test/immunochemistry test cannot tell you that (pls, correct me if I'm wrong).
And it doesn't make sense doing the test on someone who already acknowledges he sees blood in his stool.
The FIT/FOB test is only useful in patients with other symptoms/changes in their bowel habits, who don't see blood (because its hidden/such a small quantity that it's not noticeable) and you want to confirm if there is. Hence the name occult in the first place (occult means hidden).
It's just a waste of resources to do the test in someone who already sees frank blood in his stool, and it's not going to tell you the source/cause of the blood btw. It just only tells you there is blood in the stool.
The Patient won't be happy with you, because he already told you that himself and has come to you for that reason.

The stool may be examined for hidden (occult or frank) blood, fat, meat fibers, bile, white blood cells, and sugars called reducing substances. The pH of the stool also may be measured. A stool culture is done or may be done to find out if bacteria may be causing an infection.
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by donhils: 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
GenerationNext:
Go for occult blood test in a good laboratory or hospital they will find out the cause of the problem.
Note: Occult blood test has nothing to do with occultism it is scientific.
You do realize he said he 'noticed' blood which means he can see the blood which also means there's no need for occult blood test?
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by donhils: 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
adeotiabdulaziz:
take dafflon , liquid parrafin
What's the dosage for daflon?
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by donhils: 11:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
loopman:

You are either on a medication that has such as side effect or result of pressure on your internal hemorrhoid.

Whatever the case, see your doctor.

If you have hemorrhoids, I will recommend Daflon and anusol pessary or cream
How is daflon to be taken?
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by bestmutiu2019(m): 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2022
tempusfugit:
Am very sure about it, one of the reason is good to eat food that contains alot fiber, attually op didn't describe the situation properly, two things to put into consideration, if the blood is among or mixed with feces then it might not be hemorrhoid but if the blood normally comes out towards the end of the process then 90 percent that's hemorrhoid
Boss pls am experiencing thus thing now and its scary the blood usually comes out toward the the end ,pls any solution
Re: Serious Blood In My Stool, Please Help by Franciscabless(f): 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ulcer I have seen someone with the same issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adanwimo Okafor Named General Counsel Of American Board Of Surgery / The Truth About Eggs / How A Man Helped A Mentally Unstable Woman Roaming The Streets Of Abuja. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.