Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle (10636 Views)

Cattle Destroy 35,000 Hectares Of Rice Farm In Enugu – Officials / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos) / Meet The Igbo Man Who Is A Cattle Rearer And See How He Does It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by jericco1(m): 6:50am On Mar 10, 2021
The surest way to loot grin
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by kingbee90: 6:50am On Mar 10, 2021

Just check out the kinds of people I'm sharing a country with. When sensible leaders all over the world are thinking of vaccinating humans against some life-threatening afflictions that have afflicted the world lately, these Abokis are vaccinating cows.
THESE ILLITERATE FOREIGNERS ARE DRAGGING NIGERIA BACKWARDS.
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Akaegwu(m): 6:55am On Mar 10, 2021
BSdetector:

Your prayer and wish for the south west will befall you acoursed children of the devil from the east..... history has it that all the evil plans of you animals has always backfired and put you guys at the bottom. More bombs to drop in orlu and other eastern hellholes.
It's unfortunate that you can't read between the lines.
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Akaegwu(m): 6:56am On Mar 10, 2021
Is04970:

This is a very stup1d statement.
Yoruba and Igbo are both victims of killer herdsmen and the present government of Nigeria.
Let's come together and fight our common enemy.
It's quite unfortunate that you can't read between the lines.
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Drsnives(m): 6:57am On Mar 10, 2021
philo04:
I heard that hausa man prefer to lose his son than a cow.....how true biko
Very trueooo.. beasts
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Cheapgadget(f): 6:58am On Mar 10, 2021
JokeWorld, no wonder everybody is turning to comedian in nigeria
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by elmessiahs(m): 6:59am On Mar 10, 2021
na dem
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by IAMPEDRO: 7:01am On Mar 10, 2021
Is04970:

This is a very stup1d statement.
Yoruba and Igbo are both victims of killer herdsmen and the present government of Nigeria.
Let's come together and fight our common enemy.
It may not sound well to you but that young man said that out of anger, fight for your right no matter what it may cost you.
Ask yourself where they will send the cows after vaccination?
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by peacettw: 7:09am On Mar 10, 2021
And this is news because? People vaccinate their pets and animals everyday. I don't get why this is particularly important
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Jonah507(m): 7:14am On Mar 10, 2021
Cattle state
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:17am On Mar 10, 2021
This kwantiri?

Taaaaaaa
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 10, 2021
peacettw:
And this is news because? People vaccinate their pets and animals everyday. I don't get why this is particularly important

Cattle, sheep goats dying of disease=higher prices of meat=Nigeria spending scarce dollars to import more meat=higher prices of meat (especially as CBN won't hand out dollars for meat)

Let's even not forget...loss of jobs not only for herders, but for butchers, transporters, etc of meat.
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 10, 2021
kingbee90:

Just check out the kinds of people I'm sharing a country with. When sensible leaders all over the world are thinking of vaccinating humans against some life-threatening afflictions that have afflicted the world lately, these Abokis are vaccinating cows.
THESE ILLITERATE FOREIGNERS ARE DRAGGING NIGERIA BACKWARDS.

Well, if they didn't vaccinate the cows, the cows will catch disease and die...in their thousands, meaning also that more cows would have to be culled...in their thousands.

Also, sheep and goats too will die, in their thousands...and so on

At the end of the day, we would have to import meat ...plus price of meat would rise in the market....plus lots of people involvoied in the meat business...which includes a lot of Southerners, would lose their jobs, and our economy would take a hit...ie inflation.

Let's also not forget that some of these diseases too can jump to humans...so vaccinating the cows=indirect protection for humans..and one prime example of a cow disease that jumps to humans is anthrax. And the last thing we need is an anthrax epidemic...spreads all over the country, puts strain on our already awful helath care system

So, vaccinate the cows...to protect the humans.

You guys hate the North and all, but sometimes, you need to tone the hate down.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by peacettw: 7:33am On Mar 10, 2021
Godarz:

Cattle, sheep goats dying of disease=higher prices of meat=Nigeria spending scarce dollars to import more meat=higher prices of meat (especially as CBN won't hand out dollars for meat)

Let's even not forget...loss of jobs not only for herders, but for butchers, transporters, etc of meat.

I get that. I had assumed that it was the norm to vaccinate these animals. So why is it news?
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by BabanawanGod: 7:35am On Mar 10, 2021
I think say na covid vassin them one give cow, way humans never recieve

Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by EXOUSIAng: 7:37am On Mar 10, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Have the governor resolved the Bileri chieftancy wahalla already?

When have cows become citizens that require vaccination like humans?
if they don't get vaccinated and begin to spread diseases you will still be same person that will come here and bark about why the government didn't do it.
you will say im developed countries government do this and that.
some of you are just sick
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Rapture4real(m): 7:38am On Mar 10, 2021
Let me introduce you to pi network
Pi is a new form.of cryptocurrency ,just like bitcoin in its early stage in2008 it's being mined for free now.and the process of mining it is stress free.all you need to do is download the app sign up and click a button once every 24hrs.
Though the cryptocurrency has no value now till it's listed in stock market/exchange by the need of 2021.
But untill then people are mining it for free and accumulating pi coin and it has over 13million plus users and counting.
Mining might stop at anytime because the coreteam are developing pi wallet and market places when they are done,it will stop.
So download the app and start mining,it will not take you more than 5sec of your time everyday to do so for a brighter future when it actually becomes reality.And don't forget to verify your number or Facebook by going to your profile in the app.by doing this ,you will not loose your earning when pi goes to exchnange,
If you are interested, download Pi app from play store and enter my invite code (pst4sam) on sign-up
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by wumi2017(f): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2021
shocked ogbenutan o,,,pls don't forget to patronize us today .. also available in black and Ash color

Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by pickatyouu: 7:45am On Mar 10, 2021
Una never vaccinate human being finish, na 1million cattle una wan vaccinate

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Obakoolex(m): 8:09am On Mar 10, 2021
Akaegwu:
After this, send the cow's to Oyo and Ogun. They have started farming.
There will be enough farm land to feed the cows.
Very stupid and irresponsible thing to say
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by mechanics(m): 8:16am On Mar 10, 2021
Using public money to vaccinate cows meant for private individuals, it's well.
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by aBrokeRichDude: 8:19am On Mar 10, 2021
mamaafrik:
The south should key into the livestock program with strict native ot indigenes involvement,we need massive cattle rearing to cut off the Fulani dominated cattle market
The Governor should role out plans

Too much sense... buh do d govt have sense?

Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by saintrow1: 8:39am On Mar 10, 2021
mamaafrik:
The south should key into the livestock program with strict native ot indigenes involvement,we need massive cattle rearing to cut off the Fulani dominated cattle market
The Governor should role out plans

Yes ooo you right, I brought this up last month. We need to invest in livestock in the south, most especially we in the south west. We spend huge about of money annually on livestock. We should be able to keep this money within our region. I am currently working towards acquiring 30 races of land in my state for ranching. (cattles, rams, goats, pigs, chicken and turkey). I'm looking to do feasibility study on Brazilian model of ranching. Those guys are the best in the world when it comes to this.
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 8:51am On Mar 10, 2021
in Aboki's voice (walahi d puture is Cow) grin grin cheesy
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Felabrity: 9:33am On Mar 10, 2021
They are not concerned about vaccinating 1 million people undecided but cows
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Tywo2018: 9:34am On Mar 10, 2021
Animal People's Congress on your own..
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 10, 2021
philo04:
I'm Fulani man, your sarcastic comment may turn out to be true.
If u ask typical herder to choose between heaven and herds of cows definitely he will ridiculously get confuse.
However, you from far south need to know that herders are just a tiny fraction of Fulani population in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2021
philo04:
And when did Hausa start having cattle?
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Akaegwu(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2021
Obakoolex:

Very stupid and irresponsible thing to say
It's unfortunate that you can't read between the lines. Sarcasm.
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Mummymahdi(f): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2021
philo04:

100% lies

1st u need to know is very few hausas keep cattle its FULANI that 75% of them rear cattle.

Even them its a lie to say they prefer cows to their kids but they take cows as the most valuable possession in. Life, they don't have any luxury or even education i n life their only worth depend on how many cows u and ur family has
Re: Gombe Government To Vaccinate Over 1 Million Cattle by Yankee101: 11:30am On Mar 10, 2021
Have you vaccinated your people?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EU Extends Ban On Beans Import From Nigeria By Three Years / How To Successfuly Start Onion Farming In Southern Nigeria / 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.