Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? (3599 Views)

Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage? / Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by crackhaus: 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
PeaceIlya:
There’s a woman in my COMPOUND, she’s 33 and insists she doesn’t want children because she has “no maternal desires.”

She got a puppy, has birthday parties for the dog, claims the dog experiences child phases, and cooks meals for the dog every day.

Gonna be sad when the dog dies.
All this doesn't matter...

The real question is,
Is she presently having any romantic "long-term" relationship with a human being of the opposite sex?

The answer to the above is what will determine the true nature of her problem.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
Not invalidating your points but guys get this same problems in African homes too, but sincerely adulthood is a scam because at the end of the day you get to pay so many bills in your own house that you start to ask yourself if its even worth the freedom.

Klass99:

Lol cheesy I absolutely love my power of choice and love living life on my terms right now.

Growing up the rules at home, school, church and every where you go just seemed suffocating to me.

As a young girl I honestly looked forward to a time when I will have autonomy in my life to make my own rules and break free of the suffocating ones. Right now I'm doing this and liking it, for instance on weekends if I wake up and feel like doing nothing, I decide to be lazy that whole day just binging on movies, snacks and sleeping, the next day I do all the chores I put off in favour of a lazy day.

No one is compelling me to join morning devotions, no kids shouting mummy I am hungry and making me cook breakfast when I would rather stay in bed and read a novel or watch a movie. A responsible single life with money to pay your bills is sweet abeg, I'm not in a hurry to lose it.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by cococandy(f): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
pozehnani:

"Go ye into the world, replenish it and multiply" is a statement of command na?
which word in that sentence means marriage? grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by pozehnani(f): 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
cococandy:
which word in that that sentence means marriage? grin

Eerrmmm...... Ok. You win. But God instituted marriage Sha. tongue
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by cococandy(f): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
pozehnani:

Eerrmmm...... Ok. You win. But God instituted marriage Sha. tongue

Mmm.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by frozen70(f): 9:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
PeaceIlya:
There’s a woman in my COMPOUND, she’s 33 and insists she doesn’t want children because she has “no maternal desires.”

She got a puppy, has birthday parties for the dog, claims the dog experiences child phases, and cooks meals for the dog every day.

She needs to be counselled

Assuming she is a virgin it's a different thing all together

They gave birth to her, she should try and give birth to another because of old age

Is good she has a dog but dogs are not communicating like real humans

She will end up with a lonely life and that's when people will desert her

Though it's not a must to get married but she has to try and have a child

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
No, it's not, and no one should pressure a woman to get married if it's not wanted. There are women who don't care for it and don't want kids either, believe it or not. They're not anomalies but simply exercising their autonomies.

Oizee:
compulsory ke? marriage is a choice, having kids or rearing animals is also a choice
Exactly

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Klass99(f): 7:19am On Mar 11, 2021
smiley

7 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Zobah: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2021
It does not.
thorpido:
It does@bolded even though you say it"s your belief.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by thorpido(m): 8:16am On Mar 11, 2021
Zobah:
It does not.
Your belief.........and that's ok.You ain't married though.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by MufasaLion: 8:36am On Mar 11, 2021
PeaceIlya:

It's her choice. And that's very personal to her because she's happy and derive joy in her decision. It's not a must anybody should marry.

She's made her choice. Leave her with her choice. There's nothing to worry about concerning her.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by faithfull18(f): 8:45am On Mar 11, 2021
It's not, people should be free to make their choices and decisions irrespective of society.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by bukatyne(f): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2021
thorpido:

1. She has no maternal desires but 'nurses' a puppy?

2. It's not compulsory to get married and have children though.It's all about choice.

1. cheesy grin

2. True, as far as the person steers clear from fornication.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by bukatyne(f): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2021
pozehnani:

How can you say it's not a command? Then what does the statement "go into the world and multiply" mean? Is it not a command? Also, it was God who instituted marriage. So??

Your last paragraph was according to apostle Paul and the same Paul made us to understand the commands that are his and the ones made by God at every point.

Multiplication is not only for children.

Marriage is not 'compulsory' that singlehood is an outright sin.

However, only very very very few people can be single without sinning or without needing the support that marriage brings cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by DaBogu: 11:45am On Mar 11, 2021
In Nigeria it's is but in Europe it's lot a good example is the President of IMF never been married and doesn't want to be married yet she extremely successful.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by pocohantas(f): 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
bukatyne:

1. cheesy grin

Not everyone is a Christian, I think that is something you believers forget all the time. To these people, sex is just a human urge that should be satisfied as at when due. Anyway, I believe your post is for believers, not antichrist like us. smiley

OP, I can’t think of anything in this life that is COMPULSORY, definitely not a variable like marriage. You only deal with the cause and effect of your actions.

Klass99:

I like having the ability to pay those bills through honest means and not relying on others to do so. If I'm getting value for my money, paying up doesn't bother me one bit.

#Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by generationz(f): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2021
PeaceIlya:

There are men and women like her. Some just don't like the responsibility that comes with getting married. It's even worse when you discover you married someone you can't tolerate.

She should live her best life cause we have only one life.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
generationz:

There are men and women like her. Some just don't like the responsibility that comes with getting married. It's even worse when you discover you married someone you can't tolerate.

She should live her best life cause we have only one life.
true cool
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by OBelz(f): 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
Women are happier without getting married or having kids.

All those who think a woman should tie the knot before a certain age as marriage makes her life better, now even science has evidence to prove them wrong.

A study has indicated that single women are happier than their married counterparts.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by pocohantas(f): 7:22pm On Mar 11, 2021
OBelz:

All those who think a woman should tie the knot before a certain age as marriage makes her life better, now even science has evidence to prove them wrong.

A study has indicated that single women are happier than their married counterparts.

Naso... cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Klass99(f): 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2021
smiley
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by pocohantas(f): 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
Klass99:

Cheers to you too. Please tell me you are not an unbeliever!

I worse pass unbelievers sef. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Klass99(f): 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Klass99(f): 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2021
smiley
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by pocohantas(f): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin, abeg be serious na! I thought you were catholic sef seeing as most Igbos I know are either catholics or anglicans.

Denomination doesn't matter to me at all, I just honestly assumed you were of the christian faith. No sermon or judgment from me, if you're not. I'll only be surprised that's all.

Yea, especially Imo and Anambra. Anambra is more of Catholic and Imo is Anglican. These two states are predominantly into orthodox churches.

I am not a scripture adherent, but I respect Christians who do and I am sure they are not up to 0.2% in Nigeria. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by izzou(m): 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2021
pocohantas:

I worse pass unbelievers sef. grin

Before nko?

Old Witch grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by pocohantas(f): 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2021
izzou:

Before nko?

Old Witch grin

As you take disappear, I think say you done go thief for Computer Village and them burn you.

grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Klass99(f): 8:32pm On Mar 11, 2021
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Liposure: 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2021
OBelz:

With all what you ve said, i can categorically say you are not from this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by pocohantas(f): 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
Klass99:

You're just determined to be a jackass cheesy. What do you mean by I am not a scripture adherent?

I do not 100% adhere to the scriptures all the time, but I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe;

1. He is very real and very true.
2. He is the son of God and God Almighty as well.
3. His sacrifice on the cross is the one and only sacrifice that makes me right with God.
4. He is my way, my truth and my life and more......

So, what does that make me? A believer or an unbeliever? You just wan use grammar, plus poco parables confuse person this night, abeg swerve one side I dey go sleep.

Oya go sleep, semi-believer. If you no make heaven Primary List, you go enter Supplementary.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Liposure: 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2021
bukatyne:

1. cheesy grin
ah! that one go hard small oh.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by OBelz(f): 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2021
Liposure:
With all what you ve said, i can categorically say you are not from this part of the world.
I stayed in Europe for 10yrs and it changed my Nigeria mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Lovely Logics / A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) / Suffer-head: Is That The Fragrance Of An African Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.