Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? (3566 Views)

Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage? / Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by PeaceIlya: 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
shocked
Smile4mee01:

I don't think it's compulsory, however, if God who made Man and saw that it was not good for him to be alone, then he must know best why its good to have some sort of human companionship.

For the woman, its kinda tougher because her creation was primarily for companionship to the man, children, etc things that are easier achieved in the confines of marriage. Sometimes, I think this is the curse of being a woman sometimes, that innate desire to be loved and love drives them searching in wrong places leading to some of their death and derail.

Genesis 3:16
To the woman He said:
"I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband,
And he shall rule over you."
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I also think Monogamy has added fuel to this fire If Polygamy is the norm like it is in the old bible days and still is in the Arab nations. Many women will be happy being a wife, have a child or 2, and enjoy the gift of life.

Lastly, if she is happy that way. More grace to her, but she should not complain in future if she finds it unberable.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Pojomojo: 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
Africa yes
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
pozehnani:
Well... Since the Bible commands it, it's compulsory.

For me personally, if you can't find someone you're happy with, don't go into it because you'll still jump out or end up being miserable.

It's not a do or die affair. I'm single and very happy with peace of mind that most married people don't have as a result of the kind of marriage they find themselves.

why do reference everything to bible ? not every lives by it or uses it as guide to their life
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Kobojunkiee: 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
pozehnani:
Well... Since the Bible commands it, it's compulsory. For me personally, if you can't find someone you're happy with, don't go into it because you'll still jump out or end up being miserable. It's not a do or die affair. I'm single and very happy with peace of mind that most married people don't have as a result of the kind of marriage they find themselves.
1. That is a bloody lie and you know it. In Matthew 19 vs 12, Jesus Christ clearly pronounced God's blessings, not on the married, but on those who would choose to remain single, particularly for the sake of God's Kingdom. Make una no dey take God name spread these una deluded abeg! undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by culf: 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
pozehnani:
Well... Since the Bible commands it, it's compulsory.

For me personally, if you can't find someone you're happy with, don't go into it because you'll still jump out or end up being miserable.

It's not a do or die affair. I'm single and very happy with peace of mind that most married people don't have as a result of the kind of marriage they find themselves.

Bible did not command it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Planning To Japa...read This. / If This Is Marriage I Don't Think I Can Marry O / Nigerians In Calgary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.