Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? (3601 Views)

Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage? / Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? / Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by OBelz(f): 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2021
Klass99:

Cheers to you too. Please tell me you are not an unbeliever!
What they call believers in Nigeria are bunch of hypocrites
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Liposure: 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2021
OBelz:
I stayed in Europe for 10yrs and it changed my Nigeria mentality.
No wonder. Westernisation really shaped you.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by OBelz(f): 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2021
Liposure:
You need to spend just a few years there, you will abandon Nigeria culture.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by kodix(m): 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2021
Marriage is nothing, is not even awesome or good as thought, the most important things is to have children xo that you see who will help you when you're old.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by DeeMain(m): 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2021
Klass99:

You just described me and I love dogs too, but do not have one yet. I am also certain we are not neighbours. grin

Believe it or not, there are women like me and her, who do not have that maternal desire at all, it's not pretence, it's not spiritual, it's not feminism and it's not medical or health related either. We just do not desire children.

To answer your question/topic of the thread - marriage and children are life choices, not goals or achievements we all have to meet in order to unlock happiness or the adult phase of our lives. I saw this on NL some time ago and I absolutely agreed with it then and still do.

So, how do you know the lack of maternal desire is not spiritual? What do you know about spirituality? What do you know about the principles on which this universe run? What do you know about why you act the way you do? How did you know your lack of desire for children is not related to an earlier traumatic experience or a transgenerational trauma?

I like your intelligence on NL. But on this score, babes, you are very far off the mark.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
Klass99:

You just described me and I love dogs too, but do not have one yet. I am also certain we are not neighbours. grin

Believe it or not, there are women like me and her, who do not have that maternal desire at all, it's not pretence, it's not spiritual, it's not feminism and it's not medical or health related either. We just do not desire children
To answer your question/topic of the thread - marriage and children are life choices, not goals or achievements we all have to meet in order to unlock happiness or the adult phase of our lives. I saw this on NL some time ago and I absolutely agreed with it then and still do.

I don't have a problem with your decision, just wana make a quick correction
Marriage & kids are beyond what anyone should consider choices because its more of a default programming in humans... its either in you or not choice don't count here.
In production line there is alway bound to be factory defect ... so i understand if someone don't want kids.
Goals is whatever you call it while achievement is whatever the society dictate it to be ... as far as society is concern marriage & kids naa achievement.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 11, 2021
cococandy:
which word in that sentence means marriage? grin

thou shall not fornicate
thou shall not commit adultery
somewhere in the bible it says if you can't hold body go n marry (not d actual words)
a child out of wedlock was even referred to as a bastard

If all these put together does not compel people to marry or enforce marriage then what else can it mean.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 6:26am On Mar 12, 2021
larryjonze:

thou shall not fornicate
thou shall not commit adultery
somewhere in the bible it says if you can't hold body go n marry (not d actual words)
a child out of wedlock was even referred to as a bastard

If all these put together does not compel people to marry or enforce marriage then what else can it mean.
Somewhere in the bible?! You are a church goer
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 6:28am On Mar 12, 2021
kodix:
Marriage is nothing, is not even awesome or good as thought, the most important things is to have children xo that you see who will help you when you're old.
African mentality, your kids are not your retirement benefits.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Klass99(f): 6:38am On Mar 12, 2021
smiley
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Klass99(f): 6:44am On Mar 12, 2021
smiley
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 12, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
Somewhere in the bible?! You are a church goer

Don't mind me its bin awhile ... you sha have an idea of what am saying understanding confirmed
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by pocohantas(f): 7:46am On Mar 12, 2021
Klass99:

cheesy Poco I am making the primary list. From the way you're sounding you will neither be on the primary nor supplementary list. Yeye girl

I will tag along with you na. I have you and Ishi, I will be una dependent.

It is Friday, better go and drink beer. grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Klass99(f): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by DeeMain(m): 8:12am On Mar 12, 2021
Klass99:

Thanks sweetheart I am flattered and this is the only thing in your post I'm interested in. Mwah kiss

Of course, to each her own perspective. You are welcome wink
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
grin
larryjonze:

Don't mind me its bin awhile ... you sha have an idea of what am saying understanding confirmed
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
Klass99:

Lol your yeye dey boom. Pls tag along with Christ Jesus and not me.

It's too early in the day to be drinking nah and I don't do alcohol. My sweet tooth can't stand the taste of it. Buy me ice cream instead
How about Gin?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by edoairways: 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2021
Yes it's compulsory if you want to have a peaceful and reasonable life
It isn't. Most persons are not happy with their marriages. Some regretted getting married
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by milann: 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2021
edoairways:

It isn't. Most persons are not happy with their marriages. Some regretted getting married
but you meet them they tell you they re happily married
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by edoairways: 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
milann:
but you meet them they tell you they re happily married
Na cover up
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Victoria938(f): 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
No but it's necessary

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by milann: 9:23pm On Mar 12, 2021
edoairways:

Na cover up
well, if i ever married, its going to be becos of old age like they say. Sebi na to born pikin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Oyindamolah: 6:58am On Mar 13, 2021
Victoria938:
No but it's necessary
How?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Oyindamolah: 6:59am On Mar 13, 2021
milann:
well, if i ever married, its going to be becos of old age like they say. Sebi na to born pikin
in your old age you will need companion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Saintmary(f): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2021
cococandy:
I would argue that it’s feminist to live the life you (as a woman) want on your own terms.

Before feminism, dads collectively decided for you when and to whom you could get married to. Your mom usually has little say in the matter. And you definitely had no say.

Daughters were for father’s economic gain.
You couldn’t decide if you wanted to pause marriage and obtain a degree first.
If your marriage would expand your father’s empire today, then you’re getting married today. No if’s and buts.

So love, the right to not get married if you don’t want to, is feminist AF. And we all love it kiss . That ability to make that choice for yourself.

Please specify the society where daughters were used for financial gain, because that is not the case anywhere around here!

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by PeaceIlya: 8:31am On Mar 16, 2021
So,has Nigeria shaped you?
Liposure:
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Liposure: 9:48am On Mar 16, 2021
PeaceIlya:
So,has Nigeria shaped you?
i'm already shaped
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by KanwuliaExtra: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2021
Only in a small-minded world will gender be discussed with exclusivity.

Marriage is not a requirement for ANY MAN OR WOMAN. All a matter of CHOICE! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by PeaceIlya: 9:11am On Mar 25, 2021
grin
Liposure:
i'm already shaped
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Liposure: 9:46am On Mar 25, 2021
PeaceIlya:
grin
you look familiar in hollywood

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Smile4mee01: 10:28am On Mar 25, 2021
PeaceIlya:
There’s a woman in my COMPOUND, she’s 33 and insists she doesn’t want children because she has “no maternal desires.”

She got a puppy, has birthday parties for the dog, claims the dog experiences child phases, and cooks meals for the dog every day.

Gonna be sad when the dog dies.

I don't think it's compulsory, however, if God who made Man and saw that it was not good for him to be alone, then he must know best why its good to have some sort of human companionship.

For the woman, its kinda tougher because her creation was primarily for companionship to the man, children, etc things that are easier achieved in the confines of marriage. Sometimes, I think this is the curse of being a woman sometimes, that innate desire to be loved and love drives them searching in wrong places leading to some of their death and derail.

Genesis 3:16
To the woman He said:
"I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband,
And he shall rule over you."
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I also think Monogamy has added fuel to this fire If Polygamy is the norm like it is in the old bible days and still is in the Arab nations. Many women will be happy being a wife, have a child or 2, and enjoy the gift of life.

Lastly, if she is happy that way. More grace to her, but she should not complain in future if she finds it unberable.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Get Married? by Zobah: 9:30am On Jul 01, 2021
kiss
OBelz:
What they call believers in Nigeria are bunch of hypocrites

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Poem For My Mother (nee Nwanyiocha) / Why Do Men Cheat On Beautiful Women? / (photos) A Wife's Facebook Birthday Message To Her Abusive Husband..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.