Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far (9681 Views)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) / Immigrating To Any Of This Countries Will Make You An Instant Naira Millionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by 1nairaland1: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Introduction
I have read and watched many stories about immigrants moving from Nigeria to Canada, US, Australia; and the many comparisms about Life in the West vs Life in Nigeria. Many have argued that if you are doing well in Nigeria, you do not need to make the move. Well, many different people are motivated to move for different reasons. We were motivated to move, based on my personal understanding and conclusion that Nigeria can never make progress by the way it is setup, and I was convinced that Nigeria will implode in the long/short run. I hold the opinion that the only way for Nigeria to move forward is either through True Federalism or Break up the Union!

Just to let many of us know that many upper middle class Nigerians already have their foots outside Nigeria. Most have visas that will allow them exit Nigeria at the slightest bang. The upper class Nigerians you see everyday are not really loyal Nigerians. They all have secret citizenships or long-term visa to different countries around the world. I have been privileged to roll with only a few of them, so my view may be limited. But know that if they don't have a way out, Nigeria will obviously be working. A little proof is the amount of repatriation of funds you see/hear about whenever anyone of these politicians fall out of favor with the government of the day. They have these citizenships either by themselves or through their children or confidential spouses abroad. I laugh whenever I hear us arguing for or against these guys - Bros and Babes - dem no send you, they will cut off your neck in the presence of your family to secure the next 10k dollars for their concubines...

My Background:
On a good day, I will share how I changed my career path: How I failed WAEC/GCE/JAMB a couple of times - ended up studying Marketing from OND - HND - PGD but now working in the cybersecurity space by the grace of Jehovah!

I was working in Nigeria for a Cybersecurity firm in Lagos. My monthly pay was 250k. I had other incentives as well. The company was paying for my rent of 1.2m in Lagos for 3 consecutive years.... I only used 9 months of that rent before I migrated to Canada. I no do again!

I also had businesses I was managing - specifically 3 Petrol Stations in Port-Harcourt that I was running on my own. Every month, I was making cool good cash that I could afford not to do my secular job and still have peace and rest. However, I was constantly struggling with the thoughts of Nigeria not working for its majority, and what that could mean for my kids in the next 30-50 years.

Life in Canada
I arrived Canada about 1 year and 6 months ago. My journey may not be the kind of journey for many of us - as I consider myself a child of grace. Although I am a human and a sinner, every time I feel Jehovah around me. While in Nigeria, I prepared my resume and uploaded to few sites like Indeed.ca and Monster.ca, I did not apply for any job. When I arrived, I said to myself that I needed plenty rest to recover from the choking hold of Nigeria before I can start looking for opportunities. I forced myself to sleep most of the early days to help me recover from Naija stress. Behold - Jehovah is by the corner. I got an email for an opportunity of 90k (N35million naira as at today. Sure I had to pay taxes and bills and have plenty savings). It was my first, I was to work with one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies based in the US - and I naively jumped on it without negotiating and asking for more, when they were repeatedly asking me if I am ok with the pay and the move(lessons learned). I did two different interviews and got an offer letter 10days after I landed in Canada. The job role required that I move from Ontario to another province - the company paid for all relocations costs for my family and helped us settle into the new province. They had someone in the new province who was coming frequently to help fill any gaps we had. The company got me a luxury big home to stay, which was taking a big cut into my net income... I moved out after 2 months to an apartment, this helped me cut my previous rent in two - great savings.

3 months after arriving in Canada, I started car exportation business to Nigeria. This is to help me grow my earnings and also increase my tax savings. This business have been going well, as our export counts are going higher. Honestly, I refused many potential businesses, as it is my side hustle, so I have to prioritize things rightly.

9 months after arriving in Canada, I had to incorporate my business, as I need to start keeping things clean. Everyday, I was keenly looking for opportunities to do more for myself. I recognized that I am a late starter as a new immigrant, comparing what nationals who are my age have achieved - so i needed to do things differently in order to close the gaps, even if I cannot catch up.

11 months after arriving, I was referred to a new job opportunity with the government which offered 500hrs contract (120/hr.). This required us to move back to Ontario again. I was excited about this because it is a government project - which will give me top security clearance and add great credibility to my skillset and improve my bragging right to other potential employers. I was dazed but concerned with the job being a contract, as I was unsure of what/where the next job will be, following the 500hrs. I began to move the conversations towards a permanent role, and I was able to argue and negotiate my pay from 105k they offered to 135k(52+million naira, sure I have taxes and bills to pay). I did 3 different interviews and was given an offer letter. The job has been great and even less stressful than my first role, and I still had time for other things. My previous employer was unhappy that I was about to leave and was keen to do anything to keep me. They offered to increase/match my pay and allow me to work from anywhere of my convenience around the world. Well, I loved the manager I was reporting to, but refused the offer as I saw it as an entrapment. You should know one when you see one. I felt that they will try to get someone else who will be happy to take my previous pay and kick me out, as the difference in pay was really huge.

Few months after, I was notified by someone in the US that he is doing 2 fulltime jobs collecting mega payouts monthly, and he's been able to juggle both seamlessly for months now without conflicts. I started thinking in that direction as well. I started using my company to seek out more opportunities intermittently. I had many rejections with different opportunities along the way - but those did not move me because I was simply looking for more, not lacking. Finally and fortunately, after 1 year and 6 months of landing to Canada, my company got our first big remote 12 months extendable contract @ 80/hr.(60million annually, sure the business will pay taxes and its bills too) with the biggest Telecom in Canada. This new opportunity for my company is super exciting for us, as it open a new chapter and gives me the pathway to start growing a company outside Africa. I already have my wife and kids as potential employees - hoping to grow and start extending the grace outside my immediate circles.

My big plan is to start getting entry level jobs for new Nigerian/Canadian immigrants to help them break into the employment market and have a great head start. Honestly, I must also say that working with Nigerians here is really tough, as I had a more difficult experience working with Nigerians in my auto business than working with non-Nigerians.

While these may sound impressive, it looks like I am doing them with a pinch of salt - Thanks to Jehovah. I hope to see myself in a position where I will no longer have to think about the fears of the next day. Irrespective of my relative comfort while in Nigeria - I always had some unbelievable fears around me, as there was proof everywhere that one small irrelevant thing could throw me into some irrecoverable crisis. Example, I once slept behind a police counter overnight because I refuse to give bribe. Since we arrived Canada, I have never been stopped by the police. In fact, I sometimes take my kids to the police STATION here to have some interactions with the officers, just to demystify my notion of the Nigerian police.

On the side note, I spoke with a Nigerian who migrated here in 2018 with his family - he mentioned that he arrived with near zero funds as his POF was borrowed. He bought a modest home last year and is living wella, with easy mortgage. His wife is done with school here, the government gave her a grant of 20k dollars, and that is the money they used to add up for their home down payment. We have not succeeded to buy a home yet, as the cost of homes during the pandemic went off the roof. I missed a pre-construction home last week which was selling for 1.1million dollars, which will be completed in 2023. God has always been on our side, I am certain he is lining up something better for us.

Summary
Migrating will definitely mean and hold out different unique things to each of us. However, in our own case, it has really been a blessing to us.
Did I mention that the government gave me a grant + loan for my MSc programme in the UK?
Did I mention that the government will be giving my wife a grant + loan for her academic programme here?
Did I mention that the government still pays my wife monthly for childcare, an amount which is far more than we need for our groceries?
Did I mention that my wife is also working and getting income bi-weekly into the family?
Did I mention that my kids are attending world class schools without me paying a penny? This will continue till they are ripe for University education.
Did I mention that we have been seeing my family doctor for absolutely free? Personally, the tests I have done so far as recommended by our family doctor will cost me a couple of millions if I was still in Nigeria - all for free?
Did I mention that since I arrived here, i have never seen a day with electricity blackout?
Did I mention that the only routine money I spend on my car is to change oil? No Kazim or Umoru to finger my car badly in an attempt to have me coming back again and again
Did I mention to you that people living in our neighborhood are always excited whenever they see us and are happy to know more about us - not to know how to kill us
Did I mention to you that our lifestyle have not changed, even with these seeming progress? Don't let little successes move you to irrational decisions, the act of discipline is an art. Our luxuries will be funded - not from personal income, but from business revenue.
Did I mention to you that I have never had a need to make payments for anything I wasn't supposed to pay for nor give any person bribe - other than tips?
Did I mention that I have not been deprived of anything for the simple reason that I do not come from a certain region? All rejections/refusals are because there is someone else they determine to be more capable than you.
Did I mention to you that I sleep 5 hours or less to keep these dreams and hopes growing?

I am sure we can all make the call ourselves. Can an unknown commoner achieve these strides in Nigeria? Absolutely no!
Canada is filled with opportunities and the potentials are unlimited. People may sometime be on the wrong track and find it difficult to realize that they are on the wrong journey and unfortunately refuse to make the needed change.

While many people may have their doubts, many more are keeping their heads above the water - as in our case.
I am neither demotivating or motivating you to immigrate to Canada ASAP. Look - Pray - Think - Act.
Our story is just to share that some people can come here and start breaking the chains with quick gains - we hope to sustain and grow these early wins. Do not be swayed by people's opinion - everybody has his own race. You can be the only success story in the journey where everyone else had failed. Be focused and challenge yourself - Do not be contented with your current status - Always push your limits.

Update:
I spoke with a man yesterday, his name is Ade, he mentioned that he has been in Canada for over 45 years grin. I was motivated to meet him when I overheard him complaining that his tax will be too much during the tax season. I finally got his contact and called him. I was super impressed with his success level here in Canada. He mentioned that during the pandemic, he was making money like a Nigerian politician. He was doing 4 consecutive contracts all at the same time. Each of those contracts paid him $800 per day. This means that his total gross daily pay was $3,200 (1,200,000 naira daily). He was juggling the 4 jobs for some months, until he had to drop one job which needed his online presence a lot. That brought down his earning down to $2,400 daily (over 900,000 naira daily). I also got to understand that he had so much spare cash that he bought empty lot of land, got developers to develop townhomes for him, and those homes are nearing completion. He mentioned that those homes during these aggressive times will earn him profit of over $150,000 each (over 57 million naira each).

His narrative made me understand that I was just a baby still suckling in Canada. I felt so motivated from our conversation that I started challenging myself to up my game. I turned down an opportunity today, which promised to pay me $90,000 (about 35 million naira) for a fulltime role. I will update you guys on the outcome of my next challenging adventure to up my game

See you at the top people!

Please I can not respond to the DMs. You can drop whatever you've got here, others may learn from those things no matter how unthinkable you think they sound. I will respond to responses I consider meaningful and worthy of my time - time is money here!

52 Likes 11 Shares

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by nonen(m): 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
Reserving my spot here for my story

6 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Backcheck: 8:20pm On Mar 10, 2021
Great content here!! Front page in a bit.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Ikjosh04: 8:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
Omo!!

Motivation overload!

May Australia favour me! [Amen]

OP you've entered your wealthy place, and I tap into it in all dimensions.

The key here is, we reign in life on the strength of what we know!

Grace and Peace is multiplied through knowledge!!

It's dangerous not to know what to do!

I'm entering my wealthy place

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nice
Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
@1nairaland1
Did you study computer science in your first degree? I studied Animal Science in my first degree but i am currently working as a network surveillance analyst in a telecom company here in Nigeria but I would love to dive into cybersecurity and probably relocate to the USA or Canada soon. Can you enlighten me on how i can go about it? Thanks

4 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by anthonyuncle(m): 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
thank God for you
Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by 1nairaland1: 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
JohnspeakU:
@1nairaland1
Did you study computer science in your first degree? I studied Animal Science in my first degree but i am currently working as a network surveillance analyst in a telecom company here in Nigeria but I would love to dive into cybersecurity and probably relocate to the USA or Canada soon. Can you enlighten me on how i can go about it? Thanks

Given the ever changing threat landscape, cybersecurity is a nice space for you.

There is a thread here for immigration to Canada, I used it as well to help me towards this journey - thanks and God bless the owner of that thread

4 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by hisgrace090: 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
Too many criminal minded leaders have done Nigeria strong thing.

9 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
This shit is too long kilode
Can't you brief it angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
The shit u wrote up there is too long!! And besides I lost interest when all you keep saying is me me me!! Haba!! What young folks in Nigeria need is the steps not all the "I have this I have that" motivational stories you fuckers keep spewing here all the time.

Give Nigerian youths the steps and processes to succeed and stop all this your plenty nonsense motivational stories!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by 1nairaland1: 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
TysonsCorner:
The shit u wrote up there is too long!! And besides I lost interest when all you keep saying is me me me!! Haba!! What young folks in Nigeria need is the steps not all the "I have this I have that" motivational stories you fuckers keep spewing here all the time.

Give Nigerian youths the steps and processes to succeed and stop all this your plenty nonsense motivational stories!!!

If you want to hide something from a Blackman - put it in book!
If you find it challenging to read this one pager, I doubt you can follow the steps and processes.
Example One: The steps and processes requires you to write IELTS - The Reading Module is longer than my short story - so be your own Judge.

I don't have the quick fix you need!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Mcslize: 10:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
1nairaland1:
Introduction
I have read and watched many stories about immigrants moving from Nigeria to Canada, US, Australia; and the many comparisms about Life in the West vs Life in Nigeria. Many have argued that if you are doing well in Nigeria, you do not need to make the move. Well, many different people are motivated to move for different reasons. We were motivated to move, based on my personal understanding and conclusion that Nigeria can never make progress by the way it is setup, and I was convinced that Nigeria will implode in the long/short run. I hold the opinion that the only way for Nigeria to move forward is either through True Federalism or Break up the Union!

Just to let many of us know that many upper middle class Nigerians already have their foots outside Nigeria. Most have visas that will allow them exit Nigeria at the slightest bang. The upper class Nigerians you see everyday are not really loyal Nigerians. They all have secret citizenships or long-term visa to different countries around the world. I have been privileged to roll with only a few of them, so my view may be limited. But know that if they don't have a way out, Nigeria will obviously be working. A little proof is the amount of repatriation of funds you see/hear about whenever anyone of these politicians fall out of favor with the government of the day. They have these citizenships either by themselves or through their children or confidential spouses abroad. I laugh whenever I hear us arguing for or against these guys - Bros and Babes - dem no send you, they will cut off your neck in the presence of your family to secure the next 10k dollars for their concubines...

My Background:
On a good day, I will share how I changed my career path: How I failed WAEC/GCE/JAMB a couple of times - ended up studying Marketing from OND - HND - PGD but now working in the cybersecurity space by the grace of Jehovah!

I was working in Nigeria for a Cybersecurity firm in Lagos. My monthly pay was 250k. I had other incentives as well. The company was paying for my rent of 1.2m in Lagos for 3 consecutive years.... I only used 9 months of that rent before I migrated to Canada. I no do again!

I also had businesses I was managing - specifically 3 Petrol Stations in Port-Harcourt that I was running on my own. Every month, I was making cool good cash that I could afford not to do my secular job and still have peace and rest. However, I was constantly struggling with the thoughts of Nigeria not working for its majority, and what that could mean for my kids in the next 30-50 years.

Life in Canada
I arrived Canada about 1 year and 6 months ago. My journey may not be the kind of journey for many of us - as I consider myself a child of grace. Although I am a human and a sinner, every time I feel Jehovah around me. While in Nigeria, I prepared my resume and uploaded to few sites like Indeed.ca and Monster.ca, I did not apply for any job. When I arrived, I said to myself that I needed plenty rest to recover from the choking hold of Nigeria before I can start looking for opportunities. I forced myself to sleep most of the early days to help me recover from Naija stress. Behold - Jehovah is by the corner. I got an email for an opportunity of 90k (N35million naira as at today. Sure I had to pay taxes and bills and have plenty savings). It was my first, I was to work with one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies based in the US - and I naively jumped on it without negotiating and asking for more, when they were repeatedly asking me if I am ok with the pay and the move(lessons learned). I did two different interviews and got an offer letter 10days after I landed in Canada. The job role required that I move from Ontario to another province - the company paid for all relocations costs for my family and helped us settle into the new province. They had someone in the new province who was coming frequently to help fill any gaps we had. The company got me a luxury big home to stay, which was taking a big cut into my net income... I moved out after 2 months to an apartment, this helped me cut my previous rent in two - great savings.

3 months after arriving in Canada, I started car exportation business to Nigeria. This is to help me grow my earnings and also increase my tax savings. This business have been going well, as our export counts are going higher. Honestly, I refused many potential businesses, as it is my side hustle, so I have to prioritize things rightly.

9 months after arriving in Canada, I had to incorporate my business, as I need to start keeping things clean. Everyday, I was keenly looking for opportunities to do more for myself. I recognized that I am a late starter as a new immigrant, comparing what nationals who are my age have achieved - so i needed to do things differently in order to close the gaps, even if I cannot catch up.

11 months after arriving, I was referred to a new job opportunity with the government which offered 500hrs contract (120/hr.). This required us to move back to Ontario again. I was excited about this because it is a government project - which will give me top security clearance and add great credibility to my skillset and improve my bragging right to other potential employers. I was dazed but concerned with the job being a contract, as I was unsure of what/where the next job will be, following the 500hrs. I began to move the conversations towards a permanent role, and I was able to argue and negotiate my pay from 105k they offered to 135k(52+million naira, sure I have taxes and bills to pay). I did 3 different interviews and was given an offer letter. The job has been great and even less stressful than my first role, and I still had time for other things. My previous employer was unhappy that I was about to leave and was keen to do anything to keep me. They offered to increase/match my pay and allow me to work from anywhere of my convenience around the world. Well, I loved the manager I was reporting to, but refused the offer as I saw it as an entrapment. You should know one when you see one. I felt that they will try to get someone else who will be happy to take my previous pay and kick me out, as the difference in pay was really huge.

Few months after, I was notified by someone in the US that he is doing 2 fulltime jobs collecting mega payouts monthly, and he's been able to juggle both seamlessly for months now without conflicts. I started thinking in that direction as well. I started using my company to seek out more opportunities intermittently. I had many rejections with different opportunities along the way - but those did not move me because I was simply looking for more, not lacking. Finally and fortunately, after 1 year and 6 months of landing to Canada, my company got our first big remote 12 months extendable contract @ 80/hr.(60million annually, sure the business will pay taxes and its bills too) with the biggest Telecom in Canada. This new opportunity for my company is super exciting for us, as it open a new chapter and gives me the pathway to start growing a company outside Africa. I already have my wife and kids as potential employees - hoping to grow and start extending the grace outside my immediate circles.

My big plan is to start getting entry level jobs for new Nigerian/Canadian immigrants to help them break into the employment market and have a great head start. Honestly, I must also say that working with Nigerians here is really tough, as I had a more difficult experience working with Nigerians in my auto business than working with non-Nigerians.

While these may sound impressive, it looks like I am doing them with a pinch of salt - Thanks to Jehovah. I hope to see myself in a position where I will no longer have to think about the fears of the next day. Irrespective of my relative comfort while in Nigeria - I always had some unbelievable fears around me, as there was proof everywhere that one small irrelevant thing could throw me into some irrecoverable crisis. Example, I once slept behind a police counter overnight because I refuse to give bribe. Since we arrived Canada, I have never been stopped by the police. In fact, I sometimes take my kids to the police STATION here to have some interactions with the officers, just to demystify my notion of the Nigerian police.

On the side note, I spoke with a Nigerian who migrated here in 2018 with his family - he mentioned that he arrived with near zero funds as his POF was borrowed. He bought a modest home last year and is living wella, with easy mortgage. His wife is done with school here, the government gave her a grant of 20k dollars, and that is the money they used to add up for their home down payment. We have not succeeded to buy a home yet, as the cost of homes during the pandemic went off the roof. I missed a pre-construction home last week which was selling for 1.1million dollars, which will be completed in 2023. God has always been on our side, I am certain he is lining up something better for us.

Summary
Migrating will definitely mean and hold out different unique things to each of us. However, in our own case, it has really been a blessing to us.
Did I mention that the government gave me a grant + loan for my MSc programme in the UK?
Did I mention that the government will be giving my wife a grant + loan for her academic programme here?
Did I mention that the government still pays my wife monthly for childcare, an amount which is far more than we need for our groceries?
Did I mention that my wife is also working and getting income bi-weekly into the family?
Did I mention that my kids are attending world class schools without me paying a penny? This will continue till they are ripe for University education.
Did I mention that we have been seeing my family doctor for absolutely free? Personally, the tests I have done so far as recommended by our family doctor will cost me a couple of millions if I was still in Nigeria - all for free?
Did I mention that since I arrived here, i have never seen a day with electricity blackout?
Did I mention that the only routine money I spend on my car is to change oil? No Kazim or Umoru to finger my car badly in an attempt to have me coming back again and again.

Did I mention to you that people living in our neighborhood are always excited whenever they see us and are happy to know more about us - not to know how to kill us

Did I mention to you that our lifestyle have not changed, even with these seeming progress? Don't let little successes move you to irrational decisions, the act of discipline is an art. Our luxuries will be funded - not from personal income, but from business revenue.
Did I mention to you that I sleep 5 hours or less to keep these dreams and hopes growing?

I am sure we can all make the call ourselves. Can an unknown commoner achieve these strides in Nigeria? Absolutely no!
Canada is filled with opportunities and the potentials are unlimited. People may sometime be on the wrong track and find it difficult to realize that they are on the wrong journey and unfortunately refuse to make the needed change.

While many people may have their doubts, many more are keeping their heads above the water - as in our case.
I am neither demotivating or motivating you to immigrate to Canada ASAP. Look - Pray - Think - Act.
Our story is just to share that some people can come here and start breaking the chains with quick gains - we hope to sustain and grow these early wins. Do not be swayed by people's opinion - everybody has his own race. You can be the only success story in the journey where everyone else had failed. Be focused and challenge yourself - Do not be contented with your current status - Always push your limits.

See you at the top people!

Oya mo na come o. People that always paint abroad as bad.

Neurosci

PoliteActivist

TheGift

MantisShrimp

Cybercop2002

Ayrastarr

DrAkpa

Solatium

Buliwyf

ThierryJay

Childofthelord

LordOfTheGame

All your lies had been exposed by this thread. Those bad mouthing life in abroad. This thread don expose Una.

It doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for another person.

Grace differ.

Nice thread.

9 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Mcslize: 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2021
ZIINI:
This shit is too long kilode
Can't you brief it angry

If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in writing.

1 Like

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Mcslize:

If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in writing.

I'm stupid niyen O

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Mcslize: 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
ZIINI:

I'm stupid niyen O

The write up is quite interesting. As you read along, it gets more interesting.

3 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
Mcslize:

The write up is quite interesting. As you read along, it gets more interesting.

Have you come across a word called brief ?
Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Mcslize: 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
ZIINI:

Have you come across a word called brief ?

If a lecturer ask you to emphatically describe in not less than 1000 words and you go on and summarise just a pamphlet of 100 words, what do you think will happen to your scores?

Don't be a lazy reader.

13 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Prodigee: 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nice read. This country is doomed. Na to check out sure pass!
Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Prodigee: 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
TysonsCorner:

You are mad. If nobody go tell you, I go spit am for your face. Better no go commit suicide before your frustration kill you.

12 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
Mcslize:

If a lecturer ask you to emphatically describe in not less than 1000 words and you go on and summarise just a pamphlet of 100 words, what do you think will happen to your scores?
If you're been interviewed by a Canadian consular while trying to apply for your PR and he/she asked you about your well being so far in Canada and how everything is going.
Is this the over 1000 words you gon narate to him ?
When I say breif I mean you make your write up readable & understandable
There are more creative and interesting topics here
Why then will I now fall asleep reading yours?.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Prodigee: 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2021
ZIINI:

If you're been interviewed by a Canadian consular while trying to apply for your PR and he/she asked you about your well being so far in Canada and how everything is going.
Chief what exactly is not 'readable and understandable' about the post? Just say you are too lazy to read and stop giving excuses. You were expecting the OP to lay it out in front of you how you fit 'japa' but na oyo you dey.

1 Like

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by pocohantas(f): 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
90k (N35million naira as at today)
135k(52+million naira)
60million annually

Nice read. Inspirational too, but please, stop converting your earnings to Naira.

9 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Mcslize: 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
ZIINI:

For your info, the op is a different user. I am replying you cuz I saw your post lambasting the op for the interesting post.

There are different settings when one is expected to summarise. You don't expect him to summerise a chronological information. This is a diary where every detail is expected to be stated. You don't expect a brief summary of such important information.

If you passed through the university or secondary, you do jack every information just to pass. Do you jack some and leave some?

This is not an oral interview. This is writing. And in writing, you can express your information in step by step detail description so the readers can get brendth and length of the information.

Speaking is different from writing. Even in a job setting, you can only convince the interviewer if you speak at length.

If you attend medical school, that means you will fail woefully, cuz you can't read lengthy post. With all those big medical books. You can't survive it.

7 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
Prodigee:
Oga what
Nothing
Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
Mcslize:

For your info, the op is a different user. I am replying you cuz I saw your post lambasting the op for the interesting post.

There are different settings when one is expected to summarise. You don't expect him to summerise a chronological information. This is a diary where every detail is expected to be stated. You don't expect a brief summary of such important information.

If you passed through the university or secondary, you do jack every information just to pass. Do you jack some a d leave some?

This is not an oral interview. This is writing. And in writing, you can express your information in step by step detail description so the readers can get brendth and length of the information.

Speaking is different from writing. Even in a job setting, you can only convince the interviewer if you speak at length.
Oh OK I dig
Can you explain to me what that above writing is all about.
Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Mcslize: 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
ZIINI:

Oh OK I dig

That's your assignment. Don't be lazy. Go and read it yourself and learn from the op.
Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Prodigee: 10:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
ZIINI:

Oh OK I dig
This is how I know this country is really fvcked up. It's not just the old crop of leaders we have that are doing us, the youths too are clueless.

5 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Mcslize:

That's your assignment. Don't be lazy. Go and read it yourself and learn from the op.
something keeps telling me you didn't read it you just picked up lines and start yarning dust.
How come you took your time to read that shit and you can't explain it.

2 Likes

Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
Prodigee:
This is how I know this country is really fvcked up. It's not just the old crop of leaders we have that's doing us, the youths too are clueless.
You guys just speak and type English you don't understand it.
Explain to me what that above writing is all about
Simple
Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Bodyodour: 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
All I see is money,opportunities,good health,world class education etc. I will surely get there.
Re: MOTIVATION | DEMOTIVATION - Immigrating To Canada - Our Story So Far by Mcslize: 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
ZIINI:

something keeps telling me you didn't read it you just picked up lines and start yarning dust.
How come you took your time to read that shit and you can't explain it.

I read it, not just reading it but I did it thoroughly. Why won't I read it when I am always active in the travel section?

I find travel stories interesting so when I see one, I take my time to go through it.

If you want to learn from the op experience then read it too. Telling you what the information is, is like supporting laziness.

I like hard working folks. Gallant, fierce and unrelenting to achieve anything. People that never relent easily achieve alot in life, not the lazy types.

I won't train my child to be lazy once I become a father cuz as a Nigerian, I have learnt how to survive in any settings. So I don't encourage laziness.

I just love it when people put in extra effort to get things done.

Put in same effort and nothing will seem too big for you to do.

I don't support laziness bro.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Airline Has The Best Cabin Crew? / Enqiry About Life In Norway / Top 5 Easiest Ways To Travel Abroad / Out Of Nigeria Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.