Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,272 members, 7,954,065 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years (15783 Views)

Meet Jude Littler, N'golo Kante's Wife That Is 16 Years Older Than Him / Barca To Pay Liverpool Extra €5m After Coutinho Won The UCL For ANOTHER Team / Old And New Houses Of Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Beckham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by owowa145(m): 6:36am On Mar 12, 2021
Numerouno94:

Oga stop these terrible lies abeg. Ronaldo at 33 was at Juventus nd was eliminated by Ajax. At age 33 a 36yrs old Fabio Quagliarella outclassed nd outshined him in becoming d top scorer in serie a. Abi u dey suffer from amnesia?

Lol, u are a clown... Ronaldo won his third consecutive UCL @ 33 with Madrid and joined Juve at dat same age of 33. Have sense.
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by OJEEMAH(m): 6:45am On Mar 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

What counter...ur people have not appeared in a CL final in 6 years ... only one semi final in 6 years , disgraced out in 5 consecutive CL knock out games ... and u guys are still hyping...messi is most definitely overrated... u guys should even feel ashamed comparing a 36 Yr old to a 33 Yr old ... when Ronaldo was messis age, he personally
destroyed that same PSG home and away
Ashamed of what exactly?? You guys always use double standard to compare MESSI & RONALDO. Ronaldo played about 150games more but has less than 50 goals more than MESSI but you guys still he's a better scorer but you want us to feel ashamed comparing a 36 year old to a 33year old right?

1 Like

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by ThierryJay: 8:19am On Mar 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

What counter...ur people have not appeared in a CL final in 6 years ... only one semi final in 6 years , disgraced out in 5 consecutive CL knock out games ... and u guys are still hyping...messi is most definitely overrated... u guys should even feel ashamed comparing a 36 Yr old to a 33 Yr old ... when Ronaldo was messis age, he personally
destroyed that same PSG home and away

Your comment is full of lies and sentiments which is not worth my reply or time. Allow the person I quoted to respond (hopefully more sensibly).
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by Ofunwa111: 8:29am On Mar 12, 2021
OJEEMAH:
You dont need a soothsayer to tell your bro.......Imagine this Juventus playing Bayern Munich.

It is one thing to hate, it's another thing to love. I would have taken you seriously, but after checking your moniker, I just remembered you were the same person who argued about the impact of CR7 and Henry in the Premiership. No need. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by Ofunwa111: 8:31am On Mar 12, 2021
ThierryJay:

You wan kill them be that na. I have a feeling all these average teams have just been saving Juve from huge embarassment if they had progressed to meet any of those big boys.

CR7 is out, Messi is out, but you haters just look for reasons to blame CR7 and exonerate Messi. First they say Messi scored a golazo and played well.... lol, The goal CR7 scored against Lyon last year was what ? You compare the teams that sent them out but you forget that your so called best player had a bigger lead twice, but still didn't show up when he was needed. The Remontada they had years back, we both know Neymar was the star man that day. Now you come again and say Tapnaldo or Penaldo, but when they needed Messi to score the penalty kick, he fumbled as usual and instead of blaming him, y'all blame Dembele; sick people. It is a football game, you win some you lose some. Guy, enjoy your player, leave us to enjoy ours. One argument you know that can last, is the CR7 vs Messi debate, do not waste your time on it, go Bleep or make money.

1 Like

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by OJEEMAH(m): 8:37am On Mar 12, 2021
Ofunwa111:

It is one thing to hate, it's another thing to love. I would have taken you seriously, but after checking your moniker, I just remembered you were the same person who argued about the impact of CR7 and Henry in the Premiership. No need. cheesy cheesy
The message is clear and simple....if you can't counter me with valid points, don't quote.
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by Kingcalls: 8:40am On Mar 12, 2021
ThierryJay:

Your comment is full of lies and sentiments which is not worth my reply or time. Allow the person I quoted to respond (hopefully more sensibly).

Point out the lies please...
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by Kingcalls: 8:55am On Mar 12, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Ashamed of what exactly?? You guys always use double standard to compare MESSI & RONALDO. Ronaldo played about 150games more but has less than 50 goals more than MESSI but you guys still he's a better scorer but you want us to feel ashamed comparing a 36 year old to a 33year old right?

Its not any double standards... goals scored is different from age ...guy....
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by ThierryJay: 9:10am On Mar 12, 2021
Ofunwa111:

CR7 is out, Messi is out, but you haters just look for reasons to blame CR7 and exonerate Messi. First they say Messi scored a golazo and played well.... lol, The goal CR7 scored against Lyon last year was what ? You compare the teams that sent them out but you forget that your so called best player had a bigger lead twice, but still didn't show up when he was needed. The Remontada they had years back, we both know Neymar was the star man that day. Now you come again and say Tapnaldo or Penaldo, but when they needed Messi to score the penalty kick, he fumbled as usual and instead of blaming him, y'all blame Dembele; sick people. It is a football game, you win some you lose some. Guy, enjoy your player, leave us to enjoy ours. One argument you know that can last, is the CR7 vs Messi debate, do not waste your time on it, go Bleep or make money.

Pele o. I didn't know you were this pained. How do you blame the best player on the pitch vs PSG irrespective of the penalty loss? You think the football world don't understand the value of exceptional input like you deluded CR7 fans. You think it's just by lazing around to score tap-ins? You want to compare the best player vs PSG against one of the worst players vs 10-man average Porto? Why do you think reputable sport journalists in sites like Goal.com reports it like "Messi bows out with a bolt from the blue". That's admiration and not condemnation. You think they don't know what they are saying or they didn't see him lose the penalty?

You lot don't understand the concept of brilliant inputs and efforts in football and that's why the sports world don't take you guys serious in the grand scheme of things. The official football ecosystem know their GOAT and while they've dithered around the choice of whether it's Messi, Maradona or Pele, your CR can never be part of that elite conversation. Get this, CR will always be beneath Messi's feet in the GOAT conversation and there's nothing you instagram fans can do about it. Take your L and move on sir.

And oh, I make money, good money in fact, but doesn't stop me from having time to discuss football issues or more cerebral topics. Now can you see how dumb that your last comment appears?

1 Like

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by Ofunwa111: 10:27am On Mar 12, 2021
ThierryJay:

Pele o. I didn't know you were this pained. How do you blame the best player on the pitch vs PSG irrespective of the penalty loss? You think the football world don't understand the value of exceptional input like you deluded CR7 fans. You think it's just by lazing around to score tap-ins? You want to compare the best player vs PSG against one of the worst players vs 10-man average Porto? Why do you think reputable sport journalists in sites like Goal.com reports it like "Messi bows out with a bolt from the blue". That's admiration and not condemnation. You think they don't know what they are saying or they didn't see him lose the penalty?

You lot don't understand the concept of brilliant inputs and efforts in football and that's why the sports world don't take you guys serious in the grand scheme of things. The official football ecosystem know their GOAT and while they've dithered around the choice of whether it's Messi, Maradona or Pele, your CR can never be part of that elite conversation. Get this, CR will always be beneath Messi's feet in the GOAT conversation and there's nothing you instagram fans can do about it. Take your L and move on sir.

And oh, I make money, good money in fact, but doesn't stop me from having time to discuss football issues or more cerebral topics. Now can you see how dumb that your last comment appears?

He says I am pained, pained about what exactly? In the long rubbish you wrote, I was expecting you to debunk what I wrote up there, but the blind hater bat that you are didn't let you see it.

He uses goal.com as an example, lol. If you have been a follower of the game, you do not need anyone in the world to tell you it is an anti-CR7 and pro Messi site. The only people who take them serious are Barcelona fans and haters of CR7. They single out Messi, like Pedri didn't have a good game. Even Pique said he is proud of how his team played.

Yes, for goal.com, they will close their eyes to the penalty miss, because he is their favorite, but real football fans know how decisive penalties can be and that's why it is part of the game. I want to believe you are a Barcelona fan, now imagine if that penalty had gone in and the impact it would have made in the second half?

You are talking GOAT status, someone who is not regarded as the best ever in his country is who you are calling the GOAT ? lmao. When you clearly are the best, there will be no debate. Just so you know, in the world of football there is opinion, fact, right and wrong, with this you should already know where y'all fall into.

When I said go make money, it doesn't mean you are poor or not making money, I am saying this particular debate will have you waste time and stop you from making more money. Too much money ain't enough money!

Bye kid, this is my last response to you.

1 Like

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by obonujoker(m): 10:41am On Mar 12, 2021
ThierryJay:

Pele
Maradona

Cr7
Pionel Pessi grin

Wait can you tell us why your stat player missed his favourite tea again PSG grin

1 Like

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by obonujoker(m): 10:43am On Mar 12, 2021
OJEEMAH:
You dont need a soothsayer to tell your bro.......Imagine this Juventus playing Bayern Munich.

Juve 3 UEFALONA 0 angry
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by obonujoker(m): 10:46am On Mar 12, 2021
Uzi11enzo:

Ronaldo has failed to win the average and mid table teams in the Ucl without Bale, Modric, Benzema, Kroos, Casemiro, Marcelo and the rest of em big names that was with him in real Madrid. Oga stfu nd accept the fact that Cr7 is average at best without having quality and creative midfielders and wingers that supply him passes to tap in!. Yall were saying "Ronaldo would do wonders even with 10 piece woods" lmfao. Yall best stfu bcus as far as I know, your rapist has been joining the top teams in the biggest leagues all in the name of challenge. First, it was Prime Manchester United that had been dominating epl nd Europe, Madrid that had been dominating Laliga and Ucl, and now Juventus. I recall Juventus, once had been winning the scudeto for almost 7-8 yrs in a row, even qualified for the Ucl final once, and semi finals twice. Somehow since your goat arrived, they haven't been able to even get past the quarters, they might even end up losing the seria a to inter hahaha. I guess he forgot to take Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Benzema and the rest em with him to juve. Nonsense!

Liar... When Ronaldo joined Manu, Chelshit (Mou) dominated 2 seasons... Stop lying.

When he joined Madrid , (UEFAlona) was dominating...

He win ucl with man u, not only Madrid

1 Like

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by OJEEMAH(m): 10:52am On Mar 12, 2021
obonujoker:

Juve 3 UEFALONA 0 angry
Juve 0-2 Barca
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by OJEEMAH(m): 11:02am On Mar 12, 2021
ThierryJay:

Thierry no reason. I think you misunderstood him......Nobody gets paid for defending his or her GOAT!
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by Techiekingee(m): 11:12am On Mar 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

He was a far better player...pls what did messi do in that game?? Did he score?? Did he set up a goal?? And u say he performed better after collecting 3 unreplied goals...u guys should hide ur heads in shame... the question is was he effective?? The answer is NO!!! Persom score 2 goals for match and u say the one that was busy hitting balls that cudnt beat the keeper was better ...u well so ??
U for collect man of the match from Mackenzie give Ronaldo na....he destroyed
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by Techiekingee(m): 11:16am On Mar 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

Same Porto that man city cudnt score away this season, lyon that eliminated man city... u guys still think archaic ...ajax, lyon both got to the semi finals and I wudnt b surprised if Porto do same... u think its by big name, Porto are former champions, something PSG or Roma has never achieved
Oga nothing like former champions...even Nottingham forest has won the champions League before..twice...where are they now?...can they even be compared to Arsenal that has never won it now not to talk of man city??.... just collect your L in peace and stop giving us flimsy excuses for Ronaldo's ghosting home and away

2 Likes

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by ThierryJay: 11:19am On Mar 12, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Thierry no reason. I think you misunderstood him......Nobody gets paid for defending his or her GOAT!

Brother, I understand that conclusion (which is right btw), but it's still irrelevant here. Marvel vs DC comics, Isaac Newton vs Einstein, Pele vs Maradona, Michael Jordan vs LeBron, Michael Jackson vs Beyonce, Benz vs BMW, Samsung vs Apple etc. The list of popular arguable topics is endless and no one gets paid for them, but that doesn't mean people don't talk about them, including gainfully engaged people.

Check his comment well. The guy is a staunch CR fan and he is hurt by the high criticism CR received this week while Messi was not blamed much or even praised in some quarters. So he tries to cover this up by saying since both guys have been dumped out they should be blamed equally and even labelled Barca fans who don't agree with this as sick people, before concluding with the no one gets paid ish. I see through his hypocrisy and that's why I went in hard.
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by ThierryJay: 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2021
obonujoker:

Pele
Maradona

Cr7
Pionel Pessi grin

Wait can you tell us why your stat player missed his favourite tea again PSG grin

Oh that? Of course CR is a better penalty taker and so Messi missed as usual (no arguments). But anybody who thinks one player is better/greater than another just because he is more reliable with penalties should never ever discuss football again in his life. It's just pure sacrilege!

Shall we say Alan Shearer is a better player than Thierry Henry or Ronaldo De Lima? or maybe say Van Nistelrooy is better than Shevchenko, or is it Bruno Fernandes that is better than Neymar or Lampard over Kaka? Such kind of fallacious and ignorant thinking is utterly ridiculous and is a threat to the integrity of football in its purest sense.

1 Like

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by ThierryJay: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ofunwa111:

He says I am pained, pained about what exactly? In the long rubbish you wrote, I was expecting you to debunk what I wrote up there, but the blind hater bat that you are didn't let you see it.

He uses goal.com as an example, lol. If you have been a follower of the game, you do not need anyone in the world to tell you it is an anti-CR7 and pro Messi site. The only people who take them serious are Barcelona fans and haters of CR7. They single out Messi, like Pedri didn't have a good game. Even Pique said he is proud of how his team played.

Yes, for goal.com, they will close their eyes to the penalty miss, because he is their favorite, but real football fans know how decisive penalties can be and that's why it is part of the game. I want to believe you are a Barcelona fan, now imagine if that penalty had gone in and the impact it would have made in the second half?

You are talking GOAT status, someone who is not regarded as the best ever in his country is who you are calling the GOAT ? lmao. When you clearly are the best, there will be no debate. Just so you know, in the world of football there is opinion, fact, right and wrong, with this you should already know where y'all fall into.

When I said go make money, it doesn't mean you are poor or not making money, I am saying this particular debate will have you waste time and stop you from making more money. Too much money ain't enough money!

Bye kid, this is my last response to you.

Good riddance old man. The exit of mediocre hypocrites is always a welcome relief.
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by OJEEMAH(m): 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
ThierryJay:

Brother, I understand that conclusion (which is right btw), but it's still irrelevant here. Marvel vs DC comics, Isaac Newton vs Einstein, Pele vs Maradona, Michael Jordan vs LeBron, Michael Jackson vs Beyonce, Benz vs BMW, Samsung vs Apple etc. The list of popular arguable topics is endless and no one gets paid for them, but that doesn't mean people don't talk about them, including gainfully engaged people.

Check his comment well. The guy is a staunch CR fan and he is hurt by the high criticism CR received this week while Messi was not blamed much or even praised in some quarters. So he tries to cover this up by saying since both guys have been dumped out they should be blamed equally and even labelled Barca fans who don't agree with this as sick people, before concluding with the no one gets paid ish. I see through his hypocrisy and that's why I went in hard.
I get your point bro.....just take am easy.
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by obonujoker(m): 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
ThierryJay:

Oh that? Of course CR is a better penalty taker and so Messi missed as usual (no arguments). But anybody who thinks one player is better/greater than another just because he is more reliable with penalties should never ever discuss football again in his life. It's just pure sacrilege!

Shall we say Alan Shearer is a better player than Thierry Henry or Ronaldo De Lima? or maybe say Van Nistelrooy is better than Shevchenko, or is it Bruno Fernandes that is better than Neymar or Lampard over Kaka? Such kind of fallacious and ignorant thinking is utterly ridiculous and is a threat to the integrity of football in its purest sense.

Is there anything in football that cr7 cannot do?

1 Like

Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by Kingcalls: 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2021
ThierryJay:

Good riddance old man. The exit of mediocre hypocrites is always a welcome relief.

Shut ur mouth...ronaldo at 31winner of CL with 16 goals
32 winner of CL with 12 goals
33 winner of CL with 15 goals

Messi at 31 destroyed in SF 4.0 by Liverpool
Messi at 32 destroyed in QF 8.2 by bayern
Messi at 33 destroyed in R16 5.2 by PSG

Infact ronaldo played bayern at the same stage and age with when little man played them...in both games, Ronaldo scored neure 5 times... ur little man cudnt score a single goal

By the time he is 36, he wud b long gone in newells old boys collecting pension ...
Re: Messi & Ronaldo Are Both Out Of The UCL Quarterfinals: First Time In 16 Years by DesignAndBuild: 12:32pm On May 14, 2021
Aboguede:
How much to design and construct one bed room flat upstairs.

Show me samples

Chat/call our phone or quote me on the thread on our profile page here on Nairaland. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: McLaren Withdraws From Australian Grand Prix, Team Member Positive / Emirates FA Cup: Iheanacho Thrilled To Score Late Winner Vs Brighton / Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.