Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year (9126 Views)

Poll: Who is most likely to win the WPOTY 2011 Award

Cristiano ronaldo: 23% (37 votes)
Lionel Messi: 72% (115 votes)
Andres Iniesta: 1% (2 votes)
Xavi Hernandez: 3% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

FIFA's World Player Of The Year Shortlist / Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again / Africans Win The 2011 New York City Marathon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by EfeEkarume1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2011
Lionel Messi still remains the GOAT! (Greatest Of All Time!)
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by Effiko(m): 3:30am On Apr 16, 2011
shocked who is that cricket fan dat put danialves on dat list, nd sum ppl r evn whispering drogba
, i tink messiless is runnin unopposed again me sef i tire 4 dat guy ooo
embarassed
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by Effiko(m): 3:46am On Apr 16, 2011
Lastly, please be informed that it's not Messi’s fault that Barca resolved not to ever put him on the transfer market at any price. If I may ask, would you sell him if you’re the Barca president?

gud question , sir
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by Effiko(m): 3:47am On Apr 16, 2011
Lastly, please be informed that it's not Messi’s fault that Barca resolved not to ever put him on the transfer market at any price. If I may ask, would you sell him if you’re the Barca president?

dis is a tough 1, buh i no go sell am sha if na me
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by ddippset(m): 7:37am On Apr 16, 2011
simple fact is that if maradona played for barca today, the real madrid fans would tell u he was no good, if pele played for man u today, the chelsea fans would tell you he was no good, if platini played 4 madrid today, the barca fans would tell you he was no good.etc etc. thats what football has turned into since 2003/04 when people started running around shouting 'iam this fan, iam that fan' . no one tells the truth anymore. and that's just why a messi or even a ronaldo( to a lesser extent) 'could never be legends in the game.'
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by skelemba: 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2011
Follow @mypages10 on twitter for your news update and hottest entertainment gist.
www.twitter.com/mypages10
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by mamagee3(f): 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2011
Efe Ekarume:

Lionel Messi still remains the GOAT! (Greatest Of All Time!)
In your dreams. . .

Cause last time I checked he has scored no goals in the world cup, the most competitive tournament in football's history.
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by coolguyz(m): 10:02am On Apr 19, 2011
i dey laafff

well, based on some peeps beer-parlour arguments then i conclude the following -

Giggs is a rubbish player - he has only played for man utd and couldnt help wales to WC

paolo maldini is not one of the best defenders to be reckoned with because he's played for only AC Milan and Italy all his life

when i hear Messi must play for another club to judge him i ask. . . which club is world class that can afford him? abi why dd ronaldo not go to the man city or stoke city too? he went to the club with the greatest assembly of stars. he owes nobody anyfin to prove and by the way he' the highest paid in the world with the most expensive buy-out clause ($250m)

if winning U-20 WC, U-20 MVP, Olympic Gold and all the trophies winnable at club level by actively performing. . . . 30+ goals in three str8 seasons. . . . consistency yet unparalleled, please if not envy then this is sheer HATE

For those who bring up name of iniesta and xavi, shows they just join band-waggon and not seen the matches, Alves has given Messi more assists at goal than the two players. Messi has played all matches, Pep was asked to rest him and when he did, he still had to bring him on to help grind out a 1 nil win. Messi is the difference between a good player and a genius!
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by bash673(m): 3:56am On Apr 21, 2011
Messi is the difference between a good player and a genius!
[quote][/quote]

And then he face REAL MADRID when winning is important and all the players on the other side played better than him.
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by mamagee3(f): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^As a matter of fact, he was voted the Flop Of the match. grin grin
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by Effiko(m): 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2011
imagine dat , flop of the match i tot sum guys said messi was superman , ooohhhh mayb he met krypton haaahhhhaaaaaa ,
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by bash673(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2011
Effiko:

imagine dat , flop of the match i tot sum guys said messi was superman , ooohhhh mayb he met krypton haaahhhhaaaaaa ,

LOL
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by mamagee3(f): 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2011
Effiko:

Didn't get your point on the last few sentences though.

grin grin grin
Re: Who In Your Opinion Would Most Likely Win The 2011 Fifa World Player Of The Year by Effiko(m): 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2011
guyses said barca was invincible cos messi{the superman} was on d team

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iwobi Says Argentina Will Fall Again In Russia / Ethiopia Deny Attack On Nigeria Team Bus / Ejowvokoghene Odururu After Winning 200M At World Youth Championships In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.