Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,975 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating (7997 Views)

7 Traditional Dating Rules You Can Actually Use Today!! / My Online Dating Experience. / Traditional Dating And Internet Dating - The Pros And Cons? Ederly Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by nurabela: 1:45am On Apr 13, 2011
Going to parties, meeting people in school or on the bus are the days of the past, as most people are now focusing on finding love on-line. While a lot of people still refuse to accept that on-line dating is the way to go, more and more hot girls and guys are going on the web, and thus increasing the desire to join on-line dating because most of the hot people are on the computers these days searching online dating sites.

What do you guys think of the growth of online dating compared to real world dating? Do you think online dating has/is overtaking traditional dating?
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by MrsChima(f): 2:06am On Apr 13, 2011
I would be glad when some people get a man or a woman because this shit got to stop.
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 13, 2011
Mr right can be found anywhere.

But I will never look online for it (Never ever)
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by MrsChima(f): 2:14am On Apr 13, 2011
High five sista! shocked
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by MsPotato(f): 2:41am On Apr 13, 2011
Stick to traditional dating. Its safer and less stressfull
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by TEXASGIRL(f): 3:20am On Apr 13, 2011
I met my Husband online. Actually I met my husband here on NL. We have been married for 1 1/2 year now & are so so happy. I think that the reason we have such a good marriage is that we really got to know each other first. We didn't have all the sex, attraction, uneasiness you get in person. He knows me so well sometimes it is scary even (plus I can never put anything over on him, lol). In person sometimes you will disregard someone because they don't look exactly as you would want or you may even stay with someone you know you shouldn't because they are physically attractive to you. When all you have is words you know if you are compatible & if that person has the important qualities you want in a spouse.
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by iice(f): 3:27am On Apr 14, 2011
Lmao @ online dating is the way to go.
What works for you, works for you. Like Rokiatu said, you can find someone anywhere.
Personally no. . .i'm more of the traditional dating type. I get a sense of someone better when i'm face to face. Aura cannot be hidden.
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by Nobody: 4:19am On Apr 14, 2011
TEXASGIRL:

I met my Husband online. Actually I met my husband here on NL. We have been married for 1 1/2 year now & are so so happy. I think that the reason we have such a good marriage is that we really got to know each other first. We didn't have all the sex, attraction, uneasiness you get in person. He knows me so well sometimes it is scary even (plus I can never put anything over on him, lol). In person sometimes you will disregard someone because they don't look exactly as you would want or you may even stay with someone you know you shouldn't because they are physically attractive to you. When all you have is words you know if you are compatible & if that person has the important qualities you want in a spouse.

You too gbam cool

I've experienced far more drama with people in real life than I have online. I connect much better with people that have my kind of mentality, or at least have a good understanding of myself and what makes me me. The people I've dated in person always connected with me physically first, in terms of attraction, before personality/state of mind, and I've always despised that.
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by Blazay(m): 6:42am On Apr 14, 2011
Traditional dating for marriage. . .serious affairs. cool
Online dating for 'runs'. . . chop and waka only! kiss
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by unekpen(f): 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2011
I will suggest both depends!
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by Tosinville(m): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2011
Al j0in
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by sayso: 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2011
which one be on-line dating again?typing wt BB and laptop abi.
do the real thing guy
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by Goldieluks: 1:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
Internet dating ke!
God forbid. cool cool
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by jdmurphy(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2011
Though online dating has taken over the normal way we use to know but traditional one seems original compare to online dating.People fake their look and put on their best cloth when taking their profile picture(s) and most time you don't meet them one one prior to first date.Traditionally, you see your girl or a friend saw her and introduce her to you giving all assurance as to how the girl will look.Accounts from people who has experienced online dating call it  "shit" and some call it a "paradise" whichever way i believe 100% in traditional dating. smiley
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by 190: 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2011
ogugua88:

You too gbam cool

I've experienced far more drama with people in real life than I have online. I connect much better with people that have my kind of mentality, or at least have a good understanding of myself and what makes me me. The people I've dated in person always connected with me physically first, in terms of attraction, before personality/state of mind, and I've always despised that.

cool cool

Goldieluks:

Internet dating ke!
God forbid. cool cool
angry angry angry
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by thegeorgy(f): 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2011
online dating and traditional dating are all cool, it depends on what works 4 u.personally,online worked for me and my hubby and we are happily married, traditional dating ooo,online dating ooo all of them join well wella.
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by REALTRUTH1: 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2011
When backward people discuss on serious issues,,they would always take you backward and to the cave. Years back who would ve thought that you can chat and ve a discussion with someone from the US while you re in Africa? who would ve thought decades ago that you could actually go to the space and discover breathtaking discoveries. Who,, I mean who would ve thought that you can actually fly from Africa to US in less than 10hours?? Who in their right senses seven decades ago that you actually transmit information to all over the world in less than a second??Who would have thought that by january this year a revolution would be sweeping the Arab world via the use of internet??absolutely no one.The traditional kind of TV set is black and white,,,people should now tell me hw many people right now ve Black and white TV even in Ajegunle??If you fail to get along with the trend of the day,,the future would definitely leave you behind.
 Bottomline is this,,,we live in a life that is ever becoming increasing transformed by the changes of TRENDS of the day.
Now the proper question is who and what defines a traditional dating? It is traditional because the times,tides and trends of that period and age accepts it that way. The proper traditional dating of this age and time knows no boundaries and limits. As a guy,,a young man who is highly driven and upward going,,and he desires a wife who shares such passion,,if all the girls he sees in his neighborhood re backward driven without a focus,,,would you advise him to stick with such girls? my answer is NO!!  My personal advice is this,,Don't limit ur self!!!!
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by VEE2010(m): 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2011
I think true relationship is a product of Understanding, Time and Purpose. Be it traditional dating or online dating, when the purpose is defined inline with what is obtainable for such dating coupled with other variables, one can get it right.
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by REALTRUTH1: 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2011
VEE2010:

I think true relationship is a product of Understanding, Time and Purpose. Be it traditional dating or online dating, when the purpose is defined inline with what is obtainable for such dating coupled with other variables, one can get it right.
Please could you help me define traditional? or traditional dating? What makes it traditional
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by babyme1(f): 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2011
Im a traditional person therefore i prefer the later
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by strangest(m): 3:05pm On Apr 15, 2011
ONLINE DATING, Mobile messengers like 2go.COM, ENUFF RUNS GIRLS,

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by REALTRUTH1: 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2011
baby.me:

Im a traditional person therefore i prefer the later
If you re a traditional person,,,you should not be commenting on here using english language,,you also shouldn't be using the internet to pass ur information,,the proper traditional people in Nigeria are the KOMA people and the proper traditional people in the US are the AMISH people(pls google amish, am sure that 99% of the people on NL would be coming across the word Amish for the first time).
Its hypocritical to hold claim to been traditional and you re not in real sense. If you re babe and you wear pants(jeans trousers) you re not traditional,,if you live in the city,,you re not traditional,,
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by Tilapiah(m): 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
REAL TRUTH:

If you re a traditional person,,,you should not be commenting on here using english language,,you also shouldn't be using the internet to pass your information,,the proper traditional people in Nigeria are the KOMA people and the proper traditional people in the US are the AMISH people(pls google amish, am sure that 99% of the people on NL would be coming across the word Amish for the first time).
Its hypocritical to hold claim to been traditional and you re not in real sense. If you re babe and you wear pants(jeans trousers) you re not traditional,,if you live in the city,,you re not traditional,,

Told them jare! grin
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2011
Na wa o. Real Truth, if you were a pastor, I would attend your church lol. 3 gbosas sha.
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by sorrytoo: 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
REAL TRUTH:

When backward people discuss on serious issues,,they would always take you backward and to the cave. Years back who would ve thought that you can chat and ve a discussion with someone from the US while you re in Africa? who would ve thought decades ago that you could actually go to the space and discover breathtaking discoveries. Who,, I mean who would ve thought that you can actually fly from Africa to US in less than 10hours?? Who in their right senses seven decades ago that you actually transmit information to all over the world in less than a second??Who would have thought that by january this year a revolution would be sweeping the Arab world via the use of internet??absolutely no one.The traditional kind of TV set is black and white,,,people should now tell me hw many people right now ve Black and white TV even in Ajegunle??If you fail to get along with the trend of the day,,the future would definitely leave you behind.
 Bottomline is this,,,we live in a life that is ever becoming increasing transformed by the changes of TRENDS of the day.
Now the proper question is who and what defines a traditional dating? It is traditional because the times,tides and trends of that period and age accepts it that way. The proper traditional dating of this age and time knows no boundaries and limits. As a guy,,a young man who is highly driven and upward going,,and he desires a wife who shares such passion,,if all the girls he sees in his neighborhood re backward driven without a focus,,,would you advise him to stick with such girls? my answer is NO!!  My personal advice is this,,Don't limit your self!!!!

Gbam!!!

U should get an award for this brillant post,, its just too on point, Chop knuckles
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by babyme1(f): 3:36pm On Apr 15, 2011
REAL TRUTH:

If you re a traditional person,,,you should not be commenting on here using english language,,you also shouldn't be using the internet to pass your information,,the proper traditional people in Nigeria are the KOMA people and the proper traditional people in the US are the AMISH people(pls google amish, am sure that 99% of the people on NL would be coming across the word Amish for the first time).

You totally misunderstood me. I was replying base on the wordings of the topic and traditional there IMO means meeting the person face to face rather than on the net.
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by Kelvinj(m): 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2011
Which 1 is traditional again?? Well it doesnt matter where u met some1 wha matters ia the understanding if u guys are ok with each other. The only thing that has spoilt online dating is that there are so much fake @$$ ppl who claim what the aren't, so if we can be real & protrait what we truely are then online dating is the best( yahoo ppl don spoil online things finish so everything on line is attributed 2 fraud)
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by REALTRUTH1: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2011
Kelvinj:

Which 1 is traditional again?? Well it doesnt matter where u met some1 wha matters ia the understanding if u guys are ok with each other. The only thing that has spoilt online dating is that there are so much fake @$$ ppl who claim what the aren't, so if we can be real & protrait what we truely are then online dating is the best( yahoo ppl don spoil online things finish so everything on line is attributed 2 fraud)
Its like saying there re no good pastors in Nigeria even if I personally do not ve regards for almost 90% of Pastors in Nigeria. Its like saying there re no good people in Nigeria even if more than reasonable percentage of Nigerians re bad. The truth is the internet would lay every thing bare,,,right now there re some online dating sites in Nigeria,,some pastors even have one.
Online dating helps you to expand ur horizon,,gives you a wider choice and opportunities,,,if you re lady who is marriage conscious and needed to be married,,and you want a working class guy,,if all the guys in ur neighbourhood or church re lazy and none ambious and you found guys who re looking for ur exact kind of woman but because you do not live anywhere close by,,,and there is this opportunity for you to meet guys online,,,pls tell me what you would do?? If I were you,,,,I would definitely look out for those guys and get myself hooked quickly,,,
The problem with certain people is that they ve problem adapting to changes,,
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by REALTRUTH1: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2011
baby.me:

You totally misunderstood me. I was replying base on the wordings of the topic and traditional there IMO means meeting the person face to face rather than on the net.
I clearly understood you,,,even now that you re saying face to face,,,I only wanted you to define TRADITIONAL,,,if traditional is face-to-face,,,,pls tell me if all the guys or most of the guys you meet face-to-face to do not meet what you want in a relationship and there re thousands of guys who re actual human beings and they do not live anywhere around you,,would you say because there re means you could meet them initially that does not conform to face-to-face concept,,,then you would not make an attempt to meet them?
The idea about online has been on in ages even in Nigeria b4 the internet,,,more than 20yrs of ago,,,people actually meet via pages of newspaper where there are columns for men or women looking for marriage,,,
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by REALTRUTH1: 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
ogugua88:

Na wa o. Real Truth, if you were a pastor, I would attend your church lol. 3 gbosas sha.
I grew up in the church,,I love God passionately and I love the truth,,,I ve met people who actually wanted me to be a pastor because of my ability to communicate,,,,but I knew I do not ve a call to be a pastor and simply because am too truthful to be a pastor,,,therefore,,I can not be one except I ve a definite calling to be so,,,,wishing that most Pastors would be truthful to know that they re not called to be one!!!!
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by ladej(m): 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
REAL TRUTH:

I clearly understood you,,,even now that you re saying face to face,,,I only wanted you to define TRADITIONAL,,,if traditional is face-to-face,,,,pls tell me if all the guys or most of the guys you meet face-to-face to do not meet what you want in a relationship and there re thousands of guys who re actual human beings and they do not live anywhere around you,,would you say because there re means you could meet them initially that does not conform to face-to-face concept,,,then you would not make an attempt to meet them?
The idea about online has been on in ages even in Nigeria b4 the internet,,,more than 20yrs of ago,,,people actually meet via pages of newspaper where there are columns for men or women looking for marriage,,,
gbosa  grin good challenge and come back. on fire shocked
Re: Online Dating Versus Traditional Dating by MissyB3(f): 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2011
nurabela:

more and more hot girls and guys are going on the web, and thus increasing the desire to join on-line dating because most of the hot people are on the computers these days searching online dating sites.
Blatantly false!

Although I've never been on a dating site but I've always had this notion that, those who frequent dating sites are largely people (in the late stage) of the middle age, who are actually searching (a mild way of saying desperate)  and for some reason(s),
cannot find someone in real life or wants to try something different.
I mean, less likely would a 'young', hot [as you put it] person leave all the potential
partners in real life and go online searching for a soulmate in a faceless community.
When this becomes a rising trend among young people, then there would be cause  
for alarm.

However, two individuals could meet on an ordinary site [not a dating site] and from one thing to another, start dating. This is a different situation entirely and, is cool with me whereas the 1st isn't ( with respect to young people).

nurabela:

What do you guys think of the growth of  online dating compared to  real world dating?
Young people should get off dating sites (if there are young people there) and allow the 'more advanced' in age to mingle there. It's already true, and enough problem that too much time on the 'net inhibitssocialization, it becomes pathological when one, without any impeding problem, would rather seek 'love' from faceless people than from those around him/her.

I, for one, wouldn't intentionally go seeking for love on a www.date, love and marry
me.com. If I met a dude on some site, liked him and exchanged contacts with him, having weighed every factor and we're fit to date, I wouldn't turn him down
simply because I met him online.

nurabela:

Do you think online dating has/is overtaking traditional dating?
Nah! We aren't there yet.

Traditional dating all the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Prettythickme!!!! / She Wants Me Back But Doesn't Know I Know This....✿. / Lesbian Video Leak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.