Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded (28475 Views)

Taxi Driver, Others Arrested For Robbing Passengers In Abeokuta / Kidnappers Told Me To Sell My House, Car, etc To Raise ₦100m Ransom - Farmer / Late Emiola Adesina’s Daughters Kidnapped, N100 Million Ransom Demanded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by iampeterben(m): 8:49am On Mar 11, 2021
The family of an Ikorodu-born business mogul, Alhaji Lookman Onabanjo, popularly known as “Bugon” has been thrown into panic, following his abduction, Monday, at Agbowa area of Ikosi-Ejirin Local Council Development Area of Lagos State.

He was kidnapped alongside his driver and three others, while on their way to his farm in Ota.
The kidnap was carried out by eight gunmen with seven AK-47 rifle and one submachine gun.

The businessman owns companies among which is Bugon Oil and Gas, Bugon Autoland and Bugon Farms.
Vanguard gathered that three of the victims were released after some hours.

According to one of the freed victims, the gunmen made them trek for two hours until they got to a thick bush, where they were held.

A family source, who pleaded anonymity, told our correspondent that the kidnappers demanded N100 million as a ransom for their release, adding that the amount was still being negotiated.

The source said family and sympathisers were negotiating for N10 million while the kidnappers insisted on N100 million

When Vanguard visited the house of the victim located in Ota-Ona area of Ikorodu, it was under lock and key.

Similarly, Vanguard was at his defunct gas station where sympathisers were brainstorming on how to raise the ransom for the release of the victims.

A source in the neighbourhood said some other victims, who had been kidnapped alongside the businessman, allegedly paid N15 million and an extra N5,000 as ransom for their release.
The source said: “The N5,000 was added when they threatened that if the N15 million was incomplete both victims would be killed.

“The ransom was collected at Emuren Pipeline area before the victims were released. They came out of a bush near Adama.

The source said Imota, where the unfortunate incident happened, shares a boundary with Ogun State, where criminal activities thrive.

It would be recalled that a staff of the Ikeja Local Government in Lagos State, Mr Shamsideen Omotayo, was kidnapped by unknown gunmen on Agbowa-Imota Road, near Ikorodu in August 2017.

Similarly, a businessman was kidnapped in the axis some years back and released after a ransom of N2 million was paid.

At press time, Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, promised to get back to this reporter on the development.

Source:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/lagos-socialite-4-others-kidnapped-n100m-ransom-demanded/

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Sundrus: 8:54am On Mar 11, 2021
Useless country

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 11, 2021
Stop paying these people. When business no go again them go stop. It's not easy I know but sometimes....
God forbid make their hand no touch me but if I enter their hand and them mention useless money like that , I go make peace with my God, provoke them till them shoot me. Death at my age and death at 90 na the same thing. Na the mode go just different. Make the.use the money care for my kids. I can't give any bandit chingbain. That very act might be saving another family. Because na your money them go use wreak havoc.

Then again E fit be mouth I dey make. Me wey be say just to Cork gun near me use am threaten me lasan go make me start to present all my credentials reach death certificate wey never happen.

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by anonymuz(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2021
New lucrative business in Nigeria...sooner or later, Yahoo will fade and kidnapping will be the easiest cash out for men.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by longetivity(m): 9:09am On Mar 11, 2021
Na inside job

11 Likes

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Redoil: 9:14am On Mar 11, 2021
kidnapping now the most profitable job all thanks to Nigerian government

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by alpharoyalty: 9:22am On Mar 11, 2021
It is apparent that majority of boko boys have relocated to the southwest.
Just like the former CBN governor said, they are in Lagos and other States.
Kidnapping seems to be a booming and highly lucrative business for them.
Thanks to our nonchalant, incompetent and lifeless president and the entire quota system, fulani controlled police force

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Kondomatic(m): 9:31am On Mar 11, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Stop paying these people. When business no go again them go stop. It's not easy I know but sometimes....
God forbid make their hand no touch me but if I enter their hand and them mention useless money like that , I go make peace with my God, provoke them till them shoot me. Death at my age and death at 90 na the same thing. Na the mode go just different. Make the.use the money care for my kids. I can't give any bandit chingbain. That very act might be saving another family. Because na your money them go use wreak havoc.

Then again E fit be mouth I dey make. Me wey be say just to Cork gun near me use am threaten me lasan go make me start to present all my credentials reach death certificate wey never happen.
You've never had a near-death-experience, else you for no dey talk like this. If SARS handle you eeh, you go know say life sweet pass 4 days of intense non-stop orgasm.

18 Likes

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by opsyswagger(m): 9:34am On Mar 11, 2021
Op 5thousand was added i don’t understand

1 Like

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Draslo(m): 9:52am On Mar 11, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Yes na mouth you dey make. As a G, you suppose don educate yourself about guns. Make friends in the Military, Customs or Civil Defense. Have a hands on experience. You never know when that knowledge could save not only your life but others too.

5 Likes

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Righteousness2(m): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2021
Looks like a Very arranged from within aka Household Enemies kidnap operation.

7 Likes

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2021
there was once a country called...

2 Likes

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by olaolulazio(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2021
It is well.
Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by mrwonlasewonie: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2021
Bubu's senior special citizens are at it again

His children seem to be above the law

But I have a feeling this crime is an inside job.similar to Oko oloyuns death

You're in a country that has unfeeling and inept government or security agents.this is not a period for unnecessary show off or be calling your self "Lagos big boy", "billionaire zanku" or some funny Nick names people give themselves in a bid to show off or impress.a lot of Nigerians are too wicked to care and if at all they give a Fok,they want to exploit you to have what you have.lay low and keep a very low profile even if you have money

Moreso even if you can afford to buy a rolce Royce Phantom,buy a 504 and pretend you're broke.thats the only way you can live in peace in this country. the moment you start flossing,you're already attracting criminals to yourself.also minimise showing off your house.you will see some adults with children's brains showing off everything they have in their house and how much they bought each of the wall frames and figurines on social media

Also no be every deek and Harry you go invite to your house

A long time school friend or church/mosque friend you have not seen in years is not someone you should bring to your house because you want to show off and impress them about what God has done for you.nigeria is not Yoruba film where you see your long time school friend on the street and say motor ikefa leleyi tolorun jogunfunmi re

You nor know whether he don go Join cult or a criminal gang.if there's need to meet,meet at an eatery with no need to floss.once there's nothing flashy about you that Nigerians can easily notice,they no go look your side and you have your peace of mind

Infact they'll just assume you're another broke ass and nothing to gain from you while you enjoy your money in peace

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Tgid: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2021
Nawa o...

1 Like

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by olaolulazio(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2021
Tgid:
wow
say them kidnap am?

1 Like

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2021
All kidnappers in our country must be killed.
We wondered what evans, the most dangerous kidnapper in the history of Africa is still doing alive..

pacespot:

They are still keeping Evans alive because he appears rich, Nigerians don't kill rich people, only the poor surfer the rot of law or the jungle justice
Hmmmmm, this is deep!

NaijaSumigan:
Very very deep
Seriously deep!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by kiddkash(m): 11:31am On Mar 11, 2021
inside life

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by osuofia2(m): 11:31am On Mar 11, 2021
even in Lagos, No one should blame Fulani's
Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Cachetdotng: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2021
E don shele undecided

*Attend a Free Web Design Seminar organized by CDS, you'll be taught the procedures of Web Development under 2 hours. Free WiFi is also available but students are expected to come with their laptops, and we can only admit a maximum of 10 students at once due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Call the number in signature below....
Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2021
anonymuz:
New lucrative business in Nigeria...sooner or later, Yahoo will fade and kidnapping will be the easiest cash out for men.
Na dis year dem born dis one obviously.
Kids everywhere.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by OgbanjeProphet: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2021
When Niger Delta militants started this kidnapping of a thing, some fools were hailing them because they were after expatriates then.

Now there is no more expatriates to kidnap, we have started kidnapping ourselves.

And the trend no go end, unless we end.

2 Likes

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2021
If you poor in this country wahala if you rich wahala

1 Like

Re: Lookman Onabanjo 'Bugon' Kidnapped With His Driver, Others. 100m Ransom Demanded by Xscape047: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2021
Kidnappers should be calming down o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daughter Accuses Dad Of Being Intimate With Her / 15-Year-Old Indonesian Girl Raped By Brother Jailed For Having An Abortion / Woman Alleges That Lagos Pastor Impregnated Her Spiritually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.