Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Anambra: I Will Deliver My Inaugural Speech In Igbo, Says APGA Guber Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: I Will Deliver My Inaugural Speech In Igbo, Says APGA Guber Aspirant (566 Views)

PDP Thugs Intimidating Voters In Enugu, Says Apga’s Frank Nweke / Anambra: I Don't Believe You - Soludo Reacts To Fr. Ebube Muonso's Prophecy / Umahi To IGP: Remove Us From Anambra. I Don’t Know Who Smuggled Us To Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: I Will Deliver My Inaugural Speech In Igbo, Says APGA Guber Aspirant by TonyRazor(m): 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2021
TonyRazor

Anambra: I will deliver my inaugural speech in Igbo, says APGA governorship aspirant

A governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, Sir Damian Okolo, has said if voted in as the governor of the state in the November 6 poll, he would save the Igbo language from going into extinction as predicted in some quarters.

He said "The day I will be sworn in, I will deliver my inaugural speech in Igbo. Our people must learn to speak our language.

"Prof Pita Ejiofor is an advocate of that and we will support his efforts in ensuring that Igbo language does not go into extinction. Our people should be proud of their language.
"I'm a lawyer and I made an A in the English language in school certificate in 1971, and I speak the language very well, but we should place our language(Igbo) in the forefront.

Okolo stated this while addressing APGA Executive members in the Nnewi North Local Government Area of the state on Wednesday.

He said,"The party in its wisdom directed that aspirants should stop going to the state headquarters for declaration. I was already billed to visit the headquarters but because of that, I decided to focus on the local governments.

"The directive was to put a stop to certain things that are happening in the party and I am quite in agreement with that decision.
"It was not meant to favour anybody. The party has no candidate. INEC has already released is timetable for the November 6 election and the timetable shows that party primaries will take place in June 2021. We are only in March and so people should stop making insinuations
He said he was happy with the large number of aspirants vying on APGA platform, stating " the more, the merrier.

He said, "I'm happy that many people have shown interest to contest under APGA. At the end of the day, the champion will emerge.

"To the delegates, our appeal is that all delegates from Nnewi should vote for me. You should also help to persuade delegates from other local governments to vote for me."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: I Will Deliver My Inaugural Speech In Igbo, Says APGA Guber Aspirant by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
This is not a manifesto.
List what u can do which we all know u can't do
Coming on air to read igbo izugbe for us is a no no.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: I Will Deliver My Inaugural Speech In Igbo, Says APGA Guber Aspirant by johnmartus(m): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2021
Because they don't understand English undecided

1 Like

Re: Anambra: I Will Deliver My Inaugural Speech In Igbo, Says APGA Guber Aspirant by PrinceOfLagos: 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2021
Nothing wrong with that
Re: Anambra: I Will Deliver My Inaugural Speech In Igbo, Says APGA Guber Aspirant by BKayy: 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2021
These politicians are master crooks. They see the new Igbo revival and Igbotic movement and want to hijack it for their political gains.
This aspirant is not Igbotic, he just want to sound like one.
We need an Igbotic governor. Someone that look into the eyes of idiots and tell them Sharap.
One that has invested heavily in Igboland. One that will choose to entertain his foreign guests in Igboland instead of Abuja and Lagos.
We need Nze Dr.Godwin Maduka

(1) (Reply)

Infrastructure: This Is Just The Beginning, More To Come Before 2023 — Ikpeazu / Obasanjo Should Return For 3rd Term As Nigeria's President In 2023 / Bitcoin Crashed, Lost More Than $10,000 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.