Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:45 PM

Real Reasons Denmark Has Stopped Using The Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Real Reasons Denmark Has Stopped Using The Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine (254 Views)

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano / PAYONEER: Why I Stopped Using Payoneer & What I Use Now. Wise.com + Crypto.com / Why Are Nigerian Banks Not Using The Credit Card System Like Other Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Reasons Denmark Has Stopped Using The Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine by themomentng: 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2021
Denmark has suspended use of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine currently been circulated across Nigeria because of concerns surrounding fatal blood clots.

Denmark’s health minister Magnus Heunicke said in a tweet translated from Danish: “The health authorities have, due to precautionary measures, suspended vaccination with AstraZeneca following a signal of a possible serious side effect in the form of fatal blood clots.

“It is currently not possible to conclude whether there is a connection. We act early, it needs to be thoroughly investigated.”

Danish health officials had approved the vaccine’s use on March 5 for people aged over 65, citing evidence from a Scottish study.

Heunicke did not specify where the blood clot concerns had come from. Newsweek has contacted the Danish Health Authority for comment.

On March 7, Austrian authorities suspended one particular batch of AstraZeneca COVID jabs—batch number ABV5300—after one person died and another became ill after receiving doses. The death was due to multiple thrombosis, a formation of blood clots in blood vessels, and the illness was pulmonary embolism.

The European Medicines Agency said on March 10 there was no indication vaccination had caused the conditions.

Denmark has so far administered 759,160 doses of COVID vaccines so far, according to Reuters analysis.

Re: Real Reasons Denmark Has Stopped Using The Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2021
corona virus should go now⚫

(1) (Reply)

Alta Semper Suffers A Second Blow As Court Rules On Contempt Against The PE Firm / What Investment Or Business Can I Start With About 50-90k / Where Can I Buy Polkadot DOT In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.