Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? (3584 Views)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 7:34am On Mar 12, 2021
Most people tend to have a not so good relationship with their fathers especially the men. I grew up seeing most father's running their homes like military men.

I did a lot of research and found out most men have terrible relationship with their fathers that have negative impact on them.

How is your relationship with your father? Don't ignore this, let be open and see what they would have done better and we can learn from this too.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Bornsinner7: 7:35am On Mar 12, 2021
Ok

Wittyglam:
Drop your opinion.
Well I can't say good nor bad.. all I know be say me and my popsy never sit-down crack joke make we laugh.. we dey relate like distant relative..

10 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 12, 2021
None existent.
He died when I was little

But mine with my boys? Excellent
If I do say so myself
We play video games,and do stuffs together. We wear the same clothes too.lol. Best part is they call me by my nickname when they are happy.
Bless you guys.

21 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by harmargedon: 7:40am On Mar 12, 2021
it was amazing.

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by dollytino4real(f): 7:45am On Mar 12, 2021
not too friendly, not bad, atleast we call each other to wish ourselves well. unlike my mum we talk for 20mins everyday just to laugh n remember jokes

6 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 7:59am On Mar 12, 2021
You're lucky, please pass it on to your sons[Quotee author=harmargedon post=99814915]it was amazing.[/quote]
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2021
It feels great, you're lucky.
dollytino4real:
not too friendly, not bad, atleast we call each other to wish ourselves well. unlike my mum we talk for 20mins everyday just to laugh n remember jokes
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 8:01am On Mar 12, 2021
This is beautiful, I smiled while reading it. They're lucky to have you.
MejiLoyon:
None existent.
He died when I was little

But mine with my boys? Excellent
If I do say so myself
We play video games,and do stuffs together. We wear the same clothes too.lol. Best part is they call me by my nickname when they are happy.
Bless you guys.

6 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 8:01am On Mar 12, 2021
Drop your opinion.
Bornsinner7:
Ok
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by slawormiir: 8:02am On Mar 12, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

Mine ehnnn....I don't know if his blood was filled with females...what a pussy asss niggarrrr

He left enough baby girls for me to be taking care of

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 8:02am On Mar 12, 2021
I also made a video bringing out what went wrong with most of our relationship with our fathers. I hope we don't make those mistakes with our children...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb18VdUoEpI
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 8:03am On Mar 12, 2021
I'm listening, do you want to share?
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Silentgroper(m): 8:07am On Mar 12, 2021
Crappy
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by AishaYesufu: 8:09am On Mar 12, 2021
Absolutely perfect. We are fond of each other. Same with my mum.

Wahala for those from dysfunctional family
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by BigDawsNet: 8:13am On Mar 12, 2021
Solid

Glad I'm following his steps
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Anigreat: 8:14am On Mar 12, 2021
shocked

Not a healthy one, and i dont even pray for it to be healthy.
The man seems not to care, me in the other hand seems not to care too.

May i not be a useless father to my children.

16 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Victoria938(f): 8:21am On Mar 12, 2021
Haven't talked to him in like 7 years. When my mum died he chose alcohol instead of family and I decided I don't need him in my life.

3 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:22am On Mar 12, 2021
bad bad but I prefer it when I dont see him. started getting my shits right since i moved the Bleep out of the toxic relationship,family is overhyped because me I've found peace and favour from total strangers than I've from those people.

15 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by pansophist(m): 8:25am On Mar 12, 2021
My relationship with my dad is good, I can discuss anything and everything with him, and our physical boundaries are warm, though, I believe it would not have been possible without the input of my mum. We drink wine together, can still eat from the same plate, and still ask about my affairs like I'm a boy. The fatherly instinct to still care is ever present. As a retired General (he fought in the Biafran war), he has a proclivity to lead the family like a military regime, but my mum always softens it with her feminine allure.

I learnt to be stoic, and the art of taming one's demon from him. He is a man of honour, and I see it everyday. Any meeting he attends, he is always accorded a position. He is always respected. Never has it happened that he didn't slept home, or involved in any cases thay brings shame. He can be really ferocious when he has to, he is a good man, but not nice.

No matter the difficulties he is passing though, he would be calm, giving this sense of assurance to his family that looks up to him. He never wanted us to drink, smoke, womanize, and he lived by those examples. He is super religious and lead us towards that path, but I drifted off, though, he would never know this part of me because it would break his heart.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by YoungLionken(m): 8:26am On Mar 12, 2021
I have the best relationship with my dad.

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by illicit(m): 8:26am On Mar 12, 2021
He's late....
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by stonemasonn: 8:28am On Mar 12, 2021
I lost my dad last year, I cried for the first time in a long while, he was just like you described. I wished we had a deep talk before he left.

I don't blame him though, it's just the colonial mindset of raising kids...it is obsolete now but most men are not able to change.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Testimony988(f): 8:29am On Mar 12, 2021
It is really stressful.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Kennyking1234: 8:29am On Mar 12, 2021
F
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Gofwane(m): 8:33am On Mar 12, 2021
Victoria938:
Haven't talked to him in like 7 years. When my mum died he chose alcohol instead of family and I decided I don't need him in my life.
Same here. We weren't in talking terms till he died.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by The5DME(m): 8:36am On Mar 12, 2021
The last time I slept in the same room with my father was when I was I was 5. Now I'm 19, so we've not been together for almost 14 years. I don't care about my father. Whether he's dying or not, sick, in pains or anything; I don't give a damn. He was a weak man that let people manipulate his family, that's why I swore never to be weak in this life. I could've enjoyed my childhood more had it been he was around.
I don't even know the birth date of my father and he doesn't even know mine. He has never wished me a happy birthday for he past 14 years and I haven't also. The only reason I ever call my father is to ask of money, nothing else. I don't care about anything going on in his other family. So, my relationship with my father is not a good one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by milann: 8:44am On Mar 12, 2021
Best dad in the whole wide world

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Mandela27: 8:51am On Mar 12, 2021
The5DME:
The last time I slept in the same room with my father was when I was I was 5. Now I'm 19, so we've not been together for almost 14 years. I don't care about my father. Whether he's dying or not, sick, in pains or anything; I don't give a damn. He was a weak man that let people manipulate his family, that's why I swore never to be weak in this life. I could've enjoyed my childhood more had it been he was around.
I don't even know the birth date of my father and he doesn't even know mine. He has never wished me a happy birthday for he past 14 years and I haven't also. The only reason I ever call my father is to ask of money, nothing else. I don't care about anything going on in his other family. So, my relationship with my father is not a good one.
man I feel ur pain

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Mandela27: 8:54am On Mar 12, 2021
Mine is not bad neither is it good,just average

we both know our boundaries,we talk and laugh once in a while,the man loves me deep down but I don't fancy his doings hence the off and on friendship

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by The5DME(m): 9:05am On Mar 12, 2021
Mandela27:
man I feel ur pain
Thank you bro.

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Amanee(f): 9:11am On Mar 12, 2021
Nonexistent

He's late
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by dollytino4real(f): 9:16am On Mar 12, 2021
Wittyglam:
It feels great, you're lucky.
lucky how pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Advantages Of Having A Wife With Some Junk In Her Trunk / How Can I Make My Wife Crave For Sex With Me? / Husbands And Future Husbands, Please Step In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.