Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,848 members, 7,855,514 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? (3613 Views)

Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Michelle55: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2021
Neutral.. We're cowives.. Always arguing like no man's business cheesy

When I'm faraway, he solicits the help of my uncles and aunties to beg me to come back that he misses me, immediately I touch down home omo na quarrel we go start till the day I leave home. Granny says that's how he shows me how much he loves me.. What a weird kinda love!

All the same, I love the old man! smiley
He's been on my neck to come back for almost 5years now I ain't taking that risk yet because I've got no strength to argue with my co-wive yet.

11 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by youngking22(m): 10:10am On Mar 12, 2021
have the best relationship with my dad, when at my age he never allows me wash or sweep my room (a neat freak), if we both step out you would think we are brothers. it's been me and my dad against the world. my prayers for God's blessings with enough cash too take him to take him on a trip too old Trafford....

5 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 10:13am On Mar 12, 2021
Have you tried working things out?
Silentgroper:
Crappy
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 10:14am On Mar 12, 2021
This is beautiful, don't work God will bless you soon. Don't forget to pass this love to your sons.
youngking22:
have the best relationship with my dad, when at my age he never allows me wash or sweep my room (a neat freak), if we both step out you would think we are brothers. it's been me and my dad against the world. my prayers for God's blessings with enough cash too take him to take him on a trip too old Trafford....
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 10:16am On Mar 12, 2021
Funny but sometimes out dad have weird ways for showing love. Please go and see your co-wife soonest.
Michelle55:
Neutral.. We're cowives.. Always arguing like no man's business cheesy

When I'm faraway, he solicits the help of my uncles and aunties to beg me to come back that he misses me, immediately I touch down home omo na quarrel we go start till the day I leave home. Granny says that's how he shows me how much he loves me.. What a weird kinda love!

All the same, I love the old man! smiley
He's been on my neck to come back for almost 5years now I ain't taking that risk yet because I've got no strength to argue with my co-wive yet.

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 10:18am On Mar 12, 2021
You're stronger than you think, you're a father to those cute girls. Please be strong
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Mine ehnnn....I don't know if his blood was filled with females...what a pussy asss niggarrrr

He left enough baby girls for me to be taking care of
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by denny97797: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2021
:Haven't talked to him in like 7 years. When my mum died he chose alcohol instead of family and I decided I don't need him in my life. Same here. We weren't in talking terms till he died.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by harmargedon: 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2021
Wittyglam:
You're lucky, please pass it on to your sons[Quotee author=harmargedon post=99814915]it was amazing.
sure thing.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Silentgroper(m): 2:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
Wittyglam:
Have you tried working things out?
I do not wish too. D nigga seems bent on making my life miserable, to think he wasnt even present in d early days of my life.
u just came out of no-where nd want to start forming hard dad nd controlling my life. D only good thing abt d re union is d easy connect to d u.k. Apart from dat, i practically do not need fvcktard.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by investorMK(m): 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2021
The only problem between me and my dad is education he put too much expectations on me when its comes to book
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Oizee(f): 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Ok

Well I can't say good nor bad.. all I know be say me and my popsy never sit-down crack joke make we laugh.. we dey relate like distant relative..

lol @ distant relative....

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Uyi168: 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2021
My papa Don die.

How I wish he was still alive.
Would have done everything to make sure we roll well.

I don grow small, I don get sense.
I see things differently now.
Sleep well popsman!

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by MufasaLion: 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
Real Nigggarrrr
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2021
Amen, most times they don't know how to relate with their children because they never had a relationship with their father.
Anigreat:
shocked

Not a healthy one, and i dont even pray for it to be healthy.

The man seems not to care, me in the other hand seems not to care too.

May i not be a useless father to my children.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 9:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
RIP to daddy
Uyi168:
My papa Don die.

How I wish he was still alive.
Would have done everything to make sure we roll well.

I don grow small, I don get sense.
I see things differently now.
Sleep well popsman!
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 10:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
Have you spoken to him about it.
investorMK:
The only problem between me and my dad is education he put too much expectations on me when its comes to book
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
Please be fine.
Silentgroper:
I do not wish too. D nigga seems bent on making my life miserable, to think he wasnt even present in d early days of my life.
u just came out of no-where nd want to start forming hard dad nd controlling my life. D only good thing abt d re union is d easy connect to d u.k. Apart from dat, i practically do not need fvcktard.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Silentgroper(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
Wittyglam:
Please be fine.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 10:22pm On Mar 12, 2021
This beautiful but what makes this type of relationship great is zero secret. Please pass this on to your sons.
pansophist:
My relationship with my dad is good, I can discuss anything and everything with him, and our physical boundaries are warm, though, I believe it would not have been possible without the input of my mum. We drink wine together, can still eat from the same plate, and still ask about my affairs like I'm a boy. The fatherly instinct to still care is ever present. As a retired General (he fought in the Biafran war), he has a proclivity to lead the family like a military regime, but my mum always softens it with her feminine allure.

I learnt to be stoic, and the art of taming one's demon from him. He is a man of honour, and I see it everyday. Any meeting he attends, he is always accorded a position. He is always respected. Never has it happened that he didn't slept home, or involved in any cases thay brings shame. He can be really ferocious when he has to, he is a good man, but not nice.

No matter the difficulties he is passing though, he would be calm, giving this sense of assurance to his family that looks up to him. He never wanted us to drink, smoke, womanize, and he lived by those examples. He is super religious and lead us towards that path, but I drifted off, though, he would never know this part of me because it would break his heart.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2021
It's not easy but keep putting the effort.
Testimony988:
It is really stressful.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
Did you talk about this with him?
investorMK:
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:37am On Mar 13, 2021
I had a good relationship with him, funny enough I loved my dad more.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by investorMK(m): 10:50am On Mar 13, 2021
Wittyglam:
Did you talk about this with him?
I don't have to.....

My plans is to make money and surprise him so that he will know that this country is not all about being book smart
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 6:49am On Mar 14, 2021
Ok
investorMK:
I don't have to.....

My plans is to make money and surprise him so that he will know that this country is not all about being book smart
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 6:49am On Mar 14, 2021
That is amazing
LilMissFavvy:
I had a good relationship with him, funny enough I loved my dad more.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 7:04am On Mar 29, 2021
This is a topic worth discussing about.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 29, 2021
Relationship with my dad is excellent. I never wished for a more better father. He is always there for his children. Pops would give out his last card and wear less quality clothes just to make us comfortable. Working 24/7 to provide for us. So I always try my best to help out during holidays. He thought us how to value money and work hard. He teaches us politics, business, better communication skills and many more �
Even in my next life, my dad would be my dad.

4 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by poshestmina(f): 9:47am On Mar 29, 2021
That man was a thorn in our flesh earlier.... choose women and alcohol over us.

But now,he's old and fragile. Same mom he maltreated for years is the one taking care and making sure we reach out to him .
I just send money to him once in a while and call him once sometimes.

Only good thing he did was making sure all his children graduated except the last born .

No emotions whatsoever!.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
Please, pass this on to your kids
Maryjane001:
Relationship with my dad is excellent. I never wished for a more better father. He is always there for his children. Pops would give out his last card and wear less quality clothes just to make us comfortable. Working 24/7 to provide for us. So I always try my best to help out during holidays. He thought us how to value money and work hard. He teaches us politics, business, better communication skills and many more �
Even in my next life, my dad would be my dad.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Wittyglam(f): 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
Thank you so much for listening to mom and thank you so much for choosing the right path. God bless your mom
poshestmina:
That man was a thorn in our flesh earlier.... choose women and alcohol over us.

But now,he's old and fragile. Same mom he maltreated for years is the one taking care and making sure we reach out to him .
I just send money to him once in a while and call him once sometimes.

Only good thing he did was making sure all his children graduated except the last born .

No emotions whatsoever!.
Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by vikgreen01(m): 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
We are enemy

1 Like

Re: How Is Your Relationship With Your Father? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2021
Wittyglam:
Most people tend to have a not so good relationship with their fathers especially the men. I grew up seeing most father's running their homes like military men.

I did a lot of research and found out most men have terrible relationship with their fathers that have negative impact on them.

How is your relationship with your father? Don't ignore this, let be open and see what they would have done better and we can learn from this too.

You have already answered the question yourself......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men and Women are not equals: - Briggs / PHOTO: A Man Burnt His Wife For Being Too Beautiful And Might Cheat On Him / Young Sisters Harrased By Men On A Public Bus In India Fight Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.