Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,104 members, 7,953,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce (23252 Views)

Atiku To Chef Hilda: May Your Energy Remain Unbroken, Nigeria Believes In You / Don't Blame The Nigerian System For Your Failure Or Else..- Atiku Attacks Buhari / Ben Bruce Shares A Quote Of Goodluck Jonathan From 3-years Ago!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Damovintrain: 2:22pm On Mar 12, 2021
ClassicMan202:
Very good...

APC members make una no panic just submit this card at any filling station and they will sell for you at N59 per litre

Saiii Buhari,
Even after 2022 I must vote for APC just to pay back shocked[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 12, 2021
Gilbertase:
like i said to my former superior in 2015 when we hit 145/litre, it was always very easy to talk all this talk cos the company was fueling his car, and i told him that respectfully, cos i had moved anyway. I'll tell you what else i told him. I hoped no one will fuel his car for him at his next job and to PLS make it a duty to always pay 500 naira per litre whenever he needed to buy fuel as evidence that he believed his own theories. He/you shouldnt bother if the impact is small, all that matters is to be the first to practice what he/you preach. I know pple who consistently dont collect change wen they buy anything from petty traders cos they believe that in that little way they are constantly doing some form of charity. Pls from your pocket stop buying cheap fuel, pay 500 per litre as your own little contribution to the revamp of the Nigerian oil sector. I dare you!!!

Okay, fuel prices goes up to N500 per liter today....

1.Profits get made

2.Refienrey licencess promptly get working on their refinereis to take advatage of the profits being made, In 20 years we have ten big refienreis and more modular refienres, and lotsa jobs.

3.As a result of increased production from the new refienreis, we end up being a major exporter of fuel

4.And we end up with more jobs

5.Plus prices of fuel drop to N200 and below in five years time...because competiton.

6.Government saves money and invests in railway transport to reduce costs of transporitng fuel. NNPC now privatised has profits to invest in extending its pipelines, and as a result transport cost of fuel goes down..reducing prices.

In 2001, a sim cost N10000, by 2005 that sim was down to N1000....because the GSM people were allowed to make the profits needed to build this new IT backbone we have. Why not for fuel?

Don't be too pessimistic. We wasted N4 trillion between 2010 to 15...4 trillion that could have gone to the masses .....because of keeping fuel at N97 to N87.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by seangy4konji: 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2021
If you still believe this country then the people doing you just buy more coal to make the fire burning....

Nigeria....na big curse deh worry our leaders....big one...make dem sha no tag me join their oriburuku...later dem go say armed robber,olonsho and yahooo deh...wetin make dem chop?wetin make people put for generator to powwr pure water or mineral business,how much profit deh there when nepa no gree give them light self..if dem bring light for two days na to bring 100 k bill come by monday...and no be say u use light power stadium...
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by samwillyco1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 12, 2021
Where are that Rev. Fr, Pastors, and celebrities that preached and campaigned against GEJ, and said that Good Luck was a bad luck to NIGERIANS, that he met oil and oil vanished That PMB is a God sent where are there? They need to apologise to GEJ, NIGERIANS for the EVIL they brought to us and they should also speak up the way they did against GEJ otherwise the bloods and sufferings of the poor MASSES will be upon their head.

Finally the NBA and RCCG ( it is a shameful thing to NOTE that a PASTOR and BARRISTER (SAN) is the NUMBER TWO CITIZEN of the Country in this particular time ) should withdraw the certificate given to VP otherwise they are parts of the DISASTERS NIGERIAN are facing.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by COMPAQ(m): 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2021
Godarz:

1.Profits get made

2.Refienrey licencess promptly get working on their refinereis to take advatage of the profits being made, In 20 years we have ten big refienreis and more modular refienres, and lotsa jobs.

3.As a result of increased production from the new refienreis, we end up being a major exporter of fuel

5.Plus prices of fuel drop to N200 and below in five years time...because competiton.

6.Government saves money and invests in railway transport to reduce costs of transporitng fuel. NNPC now privatised has profits to invest in extending its pipelines, and as a result transport cost of fuel goes down..reducing prices.

In 2001, a sim cost N10000, by 2005 that sim was down to N1000....because the GSM people were allowed to make the profits needed to build this new IT backbone we have. Why not for fuel?

Don't be too pessimistic. We wasted N4 trillion between 2010 to 15...4 trillion that could have gone to the masses .....because of keeping fuel at N97 to N87.

Again good analysis. Rather than waste the money on subsidy, it could also have gone into education.

Subsidy will never elevate a poor man out of poverty, but a good education can!!

In fact, the ONLY thing I would subsidize in the country if I were to be in charge is education! Because a well educated mind is the foundation of resolving sooo many issues in health, environment, politics, economy, etc. A well educated person makes better choices regarding his health, so health costs would actually go down. A well educated mind would appreciate that selling his vote for N500 makes no sense. A well educated mind knows that plastic and other forms of polution is an issue and would not bring his dustbin out to throw in the gutter during heavy rain.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2021
Godarz:

1.Profits get made

purely private sector driven, which birthed competition. Feelers suggest Nigeria is waiting for Dangote and Bua, but somehow arent expecting him to replicate his MO as he has done with cement, for example. I see it as blind optimism. But Ok, we shall see what happens. All the economic permutations of rice import vs production r still very fresh. All can see how that turned out. Time will tell na, as always.

As per the bolded, an administration that failed to do anything verifiable about this with TSA, repatriated loots? all manner of taxes, levies, duties, foreign and domestic loans will suddenly do this cos they increase fuel to 500? When they have new photocopiers, new computers, new offices to remodel, new cars, new eating utensils, and other uncountable inanities that absolutely have to be bought every year? Bro pls.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
Gilbertase:
purely private sector driven, which birthed competition. Feelers suggest Nigeria is waiting for Dangote and Bua, but somehow arent expecting him to replicate his MO as he has done with cement, for example. I see it as blind optimism. But Ok, we shall see what happens. All the economic permutations of rice import vs production r still very fresh. All can see how that turned out. Time will tell na, as always.

Well, using the GSM sector as an example., the fact is, we let those GSM guys overcharge us back in the early 2000's.

Back then the service was very poor, there was no such thing as home internet , and calls from network to network cost a lot (which is why Nigerians got into the habit of having 2 sims...)

Back then, people were virtually calling on the government to set prices for MTN and Econet....and thankfully government refused to listen..

Because at the end of the day, the profits made were invested in our IT sector....and it grew

And government did not need to spend a kobo doing so.

So,you see we haven't done the same for fuel sector...which is why our refineries bombed...and we have had to iomport fuel, and we waste money subsidising the importation of fuel...to the point that NNPC no longer has the cash to fix the refienreis....
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
As per the bolded, an administration that failed to do anything verifiable about refineries with TSA, repatriated loots? all manner of taxes, levies, duties, foreign and domestic loans will suddenly do this cos they increase fuel to 500? When they have new photocopiers, new computers, new offices to remodel, new cars, new eating utensils, and other uncountable inanities that absolutely have to be bought every year? Bro pls.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
Jones4190:
For those who want to give birth this 2021 today is the last day
Anything after today U go born 2022 so use this night well
C-section nko?
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
That's one thing that I believe, Nigerians love suffering in silence.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by COMPAQ(m): 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
Gilbertase:

As per the bolded, an administration that failed to do anything verifiable about this with TSA, repatriated loots? all manner of taxes, levies, duties, foreign and domestic loans will suddenly do this cos they increase fuel to 500? When they have new photocopiers, new computers, new offices to remodel, new cars, new eating utensils, and other uncountable inanities that absolutely have to be bought every year? Bro pls.

Rice import might be cheaper, but could be an issue in the long run. What would happen is a war broke out in Asia between China and Korea and shipping lanes from Thailand were blocked. Is it at that time Nigeria would get into the game? Nigeria's local production may still be small and due to logistics, poor farming practices etc still same price or just slightly cheaper, but at least its ours. It provides jobs for our farmers, and helps with our food security compared to importing it. It also provides many more jobs compared to the imported one. If we give it time to grow bigger and scale up, we could in 10 years be a regional Africa player in rice with materially cheaper rice than Thailand. Also don't forget that because they know that loosing Nigeria as a market could be detrimental to them, they can afford to bring rice from their strategic reserves to flood the market so that people like you will continue to shout that foreign rice is cheaper (and better), govt reverses itself and we are back to square one.

As for cement, I understand most of the price increase of recent was due to aftermath of END SARS protests and issues with getting cement distributed across the country, coupled with bad roads and not necessarily because Dangote increased the factory price. But everyone went for Dangote's neck. The infrastructure that we could have built to support easier transportation of heavy goods like cement - rail - is what we are just building, when we could have built it 20years ago if we had not squandered our money on subsidy. If the rail was available and working effectively today, cement might be N2500, not N4000.

I hope this paints a picture of how our subsidy of 10years ago, causes poor infrastructure and inflationary pricing today, which keeps people poorer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by holluwizzy: 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2021
What is the assurance the availability of PMS?

What is the possibility of the price not increasing ?

I just know that nothing good can come out of this old pot belly dullards called leaders abi polithiefcians.

festacman:
It is in the BEST INTEREST of Federal Government not to increase the pump price of petrol in this PERILOUS time. The reason is that any increase will boomerang with prices of goods and services skyrocketing out of control, which will SCATTER whatever is remaining of our post-COVID-19 fragile economy.

In the face of widespread insecurity, massive youth joblessness, hostile economic conditions and heightened ethnic sentiments, Nigeria is at a tipping point. It profits the government nothing but chaos to insist on deregulation at this critical time to impress World Bank and IMF and make life tougher for people.

NNPC should apply the "underrecovery" stuff while we buy time for for Dangote refinery and other refineries to roll out.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by holluwizzy: 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2021
And those accepting 500# to vote for them.

How I wish we can be traditional means of swearing in. Coz God don tire for 9ja matter.

Dabronze:
2023 they would be sharing N500 to get our vote Ogun Will Kill All Of Them One bye one.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by TONIOI: 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2021
iwaeda:

Are you God? What of pretime?

I understand wat he meant , we are in March, so any intake after March the baby comes out in January 2022 , u should , it's just logical calculation, I knew wat he was doing .
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by bayelsaowei(m): 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2021
Fahdiga:
Nigeria is a failed state
this is the most succinct answer and description..
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Sonn(m): 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
The same Government that cannot pay ordinary N30k as minimum wage even when the prices for good and services have gone up the sky, I want to remind those DEVILS that supports the VEGETABLE at ASO ROCK that Gej was able to pay N18,500 as minimum wage then and the prize of DOLLAR was N195, today' DOLLAR is N480 but this EVIL GOVERNMENT cannot pay N30K, and I know for sure that this EVIL Government will still increase pump price before this year ends, an ilitrate blind man leading a country of over two hundred million people, #SPITS
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by lazyYouth(m): 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
NIGERIA ISSA CURSED NATION I WISH IT WAS A FAIRYTALE
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
COMPAQ:

Rice import might be cheaper, but could be an issue in the long run. What would happen is a war broke out in Asia between China and Korea and shipping lanes from Thailand were blocked. Is it at that time Nigeria would get into the game? Nigeria's local production may still be small and due to logistics, poor farming practices etc still same price or just slightly cheaper, but at least its ours. It provides jobs for our farmers, and helps with our food security compared to importing it. It also provides many more jobs compared to the imported one. If we give it time to grow bigger and scale up, we could in 10 years be a regional Africa player in rice with materially cheaper rice than Thailand. Also don't forget that because they know that loosing Nigeria as a market could be detrimental to them, they can afford to bring rice from their strategic reserves to flood the market so that people like you will continue to shout that foreign rice is cheaper (and better), govt reverses itself and we are back to square one.

I'm not even focused on the foreign rice, but for the failed expectation that local rice would be everywhere and more affordable in the long run, which hasnt turned out so, till now. Maybe we give that a lil more time.

As for cement, I understand most of the price increase of recent was due to aftermath of END SARS protests and issues with getting cement distributed across the country, coupled with bad roads and not necessarily because Dangote increased the factory price. But everyone went for Dangote's neck. The infrastructure that we could have built to support easier transportation of heavy goods like cement - rail - is what we are just building, when we could have built it 20years ago if we had not squandered our money on subsidy. If the rail was available and working effectively today, cement might be N2500, not N4000.

Not correct bro. The hike preceded endsars, there was another slight increase during endsars, that was caused by logistics like you rightly said, but it wasnt the major one. The major price increase is about 3 years old now. And with the economies of scale he has to his advantage and the cost to produce cement, Dangote is fu*king us big time. But hey, i'd do the same, cant blame him. After you work hard to create a monopoly with the strong backing of successive govts, who am i to say he shd not reap the fruit of his labour.

I hope this paints a picture of how our subsidy of 10years ago, causes poor infrastructure and inflationary pricing today, which keeps people poorer.
corruption caused our poor infrastructure. The same corruption still ravages. My argument is this removal of subsidy isnt a magical bullet that will just fix it all. These pple are wasteful, not progressive, and mind-boggingly corrupt. If they had everything in their favor they would still put their interests and pockets first at the expense of everything else. Is it in this atmosphere of blinding insecurity that you hope to have private investments in oil sprouting up everywhere to give Dangote a run for his buck? BUA sef no rish. I just dont see it happening with these present system and crop of people. Forgive my scepticism, i understand everything you and the other fellow are saying, but this country has a way of consistently disappointing you, your plans, expectations and permutations.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by IvarDboneless: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2021
The shithole ain't working any more.. cut it off mudaf0ckas..if you re among those who re elected this man in, you will die a painful death I promise you that
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by favor914: 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2021
ambu2:
Hello Ben Bruce, this is remining you that the huge allowances you earned as senator and diverted constituency projects funds also suffered the masses. Just a reminder.
Ben you and your friends make the laws, what laws did you people make on petroleum pricing? Ordinary Petroleum institute Bill you & your friends couldn’t pass? You are also a contributing part of the problem, in reality the National Assembly is Nigeria’s problem, a bunch of lazy myopic people, representing a nation of short sighted people.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Tvoice: 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
When u ur self used the money meant for nta improvement to build ur own silver bed back den , no body spoke grammar for u , am not trying to say wat the government did was good , but letting u know dat u dont have the right to complain, u are all thieves . Nta now is still operating in kpakakpaka analogue .
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by abfemi163: 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2021
Buhari said,if Saudi Arabia can pay 300 per litre why cant we pay whatever amount

The more we complain,we just realise that we are hopeless until 2023........
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by AlphaLover: 7:13pm On Mar 12, 2021
ambu2:

Are you crazy in the head?

Aha

Na question I ask o, e nor reach quarrel

Haba
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by EdiskyHarry: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2021
ClassicMan202:
Very good...

APC members make una no panic just submit this card at any feeling station and they will sell for you at N59 per litre
Honestly, I wish I can like this your comment two times.
my happiness is that everybody Is filing the heat, every tribe, and every religion are also experiencing this hardship including all the political parties.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Cashify: 7:40pm On Mar 12, 2021
You are part of the problem
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Athemisia: 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2021
blazepascal:
everyday we praying for a good Nigeria but the economy seems to be getting worst
Because we're not working for a better Nigeria rather we are waiting on God to do it.

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Athemisia: 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2021
EdiskyHarry:

Honestly, I wish I can like this your comment two times.
my happiness is that everybody Is filing the heat, every tribe, and every religion are also experiencing this hardship including all the political parties.
Don't be deceived... Some people are not feeling the heat rather their pockets are getting fatter from the broken system.

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Athemisia: 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2021
Tvoice:
When u ur self used the money meant for nta improvement to build ur own silver bed back den , no body spoke grammar for u , am not trying to say wat the government did was good , but letting u know dat u dont have the right to complain, u are all thieves . Nta now is still operating in kpakakpaka analogue .
All of them are the same. APC and PDP no difference. They only cry out when they are not given a share of the national cake...

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Athemisia: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2021
AlphaLover:

Are u a graduate?
get the message and move on no man is perfect. we all make mistakes... Stop behaving like a 6year old.

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by ogelekpomgam(m): 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2021
ambu2:
Hello Ben Bruce, this is remining you that the huge allowances you earned as senator and diverted constituency projects funds also suffered the masses. Just a reminder.
The Truth is that he said The Truth.
SIMPLE.Dont keep supporting a party quietly sending people to their early graves. angry
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by uche785(m): 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
maybe by June the fuel pump price will be 400 under this APC but God pass them
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerian System Believes In Suffering The Masses – Ben Bruce by Tvoice: 9:23pm On Mar 12, 2021
Athemisia:

All of them are the same. APC and PDP no difference. They only cry out when they are not given a share of the national cake...

No.mind these political thieves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibikunle Amosun Visits Tinubu In Abuja (Pictures) / Keyamo: 10 Accounts Linked To Tinubu In US, $460,000 Deducted As Tax / 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.