Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) (44182 Views)

Coney Island One Of The Most Beautiful Beach Resorts In Lagos - Pics & Video / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by EBEk101(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
ai just don't like Nigerian structures
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Pgltm: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nice place, had a training there in 2019.Their food is superb
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Bluntemperor: 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
Salembaby:
Nice

Travelwaka,took words out of me but with modifications!
Ogere Resorts has been in existence for decades and is not just forOil and Gas Training but for many Banks Executives,who sees the place as hall of modest Training except for those who wants turked in Estacode, claiming locals,yet everything international is found here!
I think the current insecurities in Nigeria has taken shines off most of our Tourist Centers and may take another years to rebuild the trust locally and internationally.
In general, it's a good place for relaxation.
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by mountmoriah(m): 11:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
travelwaka:
The Conference rooms at the resort
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by mountmoriah(m): 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
I remember the day I was going to ibadan with materials for roofing a nairalander house, our truck got spoiled there, they provider security for us, am grateful to them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 1:39am On Mar 26, 2021
If you check all my other posts I do not like capturing people. I either visit very early to take my photos or go during off peak
AreaFada2:
Looks good but no people around in the pics.
It's a bit pricey for the purchasing power of an average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Truthisit: 5:36am On Mar 26, 2021
Foodqueen:

Sorry, is it a state own property or private.

I am just curious, for it to still have this standard over the years.......
Private. Owned by by Sir Bode Ogunlana. Formerly named Training and Conference Center Ogere.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by seguno2: 6:28am On Mar 26, 2021
AreaFada2:
Looks good but no people around in the pics.
It's a bit pricey for the purchasing power of an average Nigerian.

First of all, who is your average Nigerian? The GL08 civil servant with three children and a working spouse? Or what?
Secondly, is the resort targeted at the average Nigerian, irrespective of how you define them?
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by wumi2017(f): 6:31am On Mar 26, 2021
Awesome,,,wld loved to go there
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by AreaFada2: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2021
seguno2:

First of all, who is your average Nigerian? The GL08 civil servant with three children and a working spouse? Or what?
Secondly, is the resort targeted at the average Nigerian, irrespective of how you define them?
Well, until businesses begin to target average people, their success will remain modest. I travel quite a bit and all successful countries cater for the average citizen unless they are a luxury or top-end business.

If a business of that scale does not know who the average Nigerian is, then it hasn't done market research properly since 1985. You will argue that it has survived for long. Well, it seems not to have grown other branches in Abuja, Port Harcourt or other popular destinations.

Anyway, 9ja has this elitism mentality. Your friend David Mark as Communication Minister under Military regime once said that telephone is not for everybody.

Oyinbo later exposed his stupidity by making GSM available to everyone. If he was in charge of smart phones today, common people should not have it. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by seguno2: 10:25am On Mar 26, 2021
AreaFada2:

Well, until businesses begin to target average people, their success will remain modest. I travel quite a bit and all successful countries cater for the average citizen unless they are a luxury or top-end business.

If a business of that scale does not know who the average Nigerian is, then it hasn't done market research properly since 1985. You will argue that it has survived for long. Well, it seems not to have grown other branches in Abuja, Port Harcourt or other popular destinations.

Perhaps expanding to other places is not their business plan

Anyway, 9ja has this elitism mentality. Your friend David Mark as Communication Minister under Military regime once said that telephone is not for everybody.

Oyinbo later exposed his stupidity by making GSM available to everyone. If he was in charge of smart phones today, common people should not have it. grin cheesy

Now you sabi what’s up grin
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Lush100(m): 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
Pricey.
Wanted to talk my wife for a 3 day vacation.
Place is cool but likely no fun.
I've changed plans already
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by GabriellePeake: 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
Great place to relax. I'd love to go on vacation. Unfortunately, because of the covid, it's pretty problematic now. It's been almost two years since my wife and I went anywhere. Still, hopefully, soon, we can get vaccinated and go to Weligama Beach. Recently our friends went there to vacation, came back happy and tanned and very much advised us to go too. If possible, I'd rather spend my vacation there than at home. I'm sure that when I come back home, I'll want to come back again and again to that place.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
It's a beautiful and serene place
GabriellePeake:
Great place to relax. I'd love to go on vacation. Unfortunately, because of the covid, it's pretty problematic now. It's been almost two years since my wife and I went anywhere. Still, hopefully, soon, we can get vaccinated and go to Weligama Beach. Recently our friends went there to vacation, came back happy and tanned and very much advised us to go too. If possible, I'd rather spend my vacation there than at home. I'm sure that when I come back home, I'll want to come back again and again to that place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane / Soldiers In South-East Force Travellers To Alight From Vehicles At Checkpoints / My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.