Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong (44113 Views)

My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? / My Boyfriend's F1 visa Was Approved Today / My UK Summer Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by TripleLTD: 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2023
You didn't provide enough proof to believe that you are genuinely going to return.
He was dis-satisfied with your tied to home country proof

So ensure next time to proof beyond reasonable doubt that you are actually returning after your business trip or it won't be possible to attend any events

150 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?

Probably your proof of finance didn't appear genuine. The reason is right there in your attachment.

The main issue is that they just don't believe. They think it's just packaged to help you travel. . .

You could appeal it if you're certain.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by TripleLTD: 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

and your employee are spending more amount just to train you in UK
He was not satisfied with your statement
Because your salary is lower than that amount they are spending , so after training you what value would it bring to there organisation.
You have to take that to consideration and did they choose only you, it cannot be a coincidence right.
So basically the proof you submitted is kind of not enought.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by TripleLTD: 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
olakraft:

Probably your proof of finance didn't sound genuine. The reason is right there in your attachment.

The main issue is that they just don't believe. They think it's just packaged to help you travel. . .

You could appeal it if you're certain.
I would advise him not to appeal na waste of time
But he can choose to do so but Las Las na waste of time.

It sound like the company just package your application just so you can cross over and become a liability to UK

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Treasure17(m): 5:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
They were not convinced enough with your reasons and probably thought it'd an avenue to Japa.

8 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 6:06pm On Oct 13, 2023
TripleLTD:
You didn't provide enough proof to believe that you are genuinely going to return.
He was dis-satisfied with your tied to home country proof

So ensure next time to proof beyond reasonable doubt that you are actually returning after your business trip or it won't be possible to attend any events

What proof could I have provided?
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2023
TripleLTD:
and your employee are spending more amount just to train you in UK
He was not satisfied with your statement
Because your salary is lower than that amount they are spending , so after training you what value would it bring to there organisation.
You have to take that to consideration and did they choose only you, it cannot be a coincidence right.
So basically the proof you submitted is kind of not enought.

Must my salary be equal to the amount they will be spending on the travel?

6 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2023
Treasure17:
They were not convinced enough with your reasons and probably thought it'd an avenue to Japa.

Yeah, that was why I opened this thread. How do I convince them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Orubebe01: 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2023
After you have aided in bringing this Tinubulation upon us and you think you can just japa like that?? No way, we die here

119 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

The person at your company that authorized your travel should’ve written a statement explaining the following: the reason that particular training was selected out of other available trainings, why you were selected to go instead of other employees, and the reason why they selected a lower paid employee to receive such expensive training and why they chose to invest in training you. The cost of the training compared to your monthly salary is exorbitant so it sent up an instant red flag to the reviewer because even large, multi-National corporations rarely send lower paid employees to train internationally.

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Treasure17(m): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

I think your company should do more by backing you up with some genuine reasons and recommendations.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
Treasure17:

I think your company should do more by backing you up with some genuine reasons and recommendations.

So do I. I don’t understand why the company didn’t complete this on the employee’s behalf or failed to give him supporting documents to submit with his application. If they’re willing to spend 7 times his monthly salary for him to get 5 days of training, they should’ve submitted the visa request for him.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by TripleLTD: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

no but it's almost 7 times your salary
Atleast show that it would add value to the company after your training

It's a risk assessment dey did and you didn't pass

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by TripleLTD: 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

What proof could I have provided?
Your company should have write a genuine statement that shows what you intend to do and how it can add value to there company after the training and why they choose you as one of the most low level staff to undergone the training and show some tied to your company

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Treasure17(m): 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

So do I. I don’t understand why the company didn’t complete this on the employee’s behalf or gave him supporting documents to submit with his application. If they’re willing to spend 7 times his monthly salary for him to get 5 days of training, they should’ve submitted the visa request for him.
Absolutely. The solution lies with his company cause more the context of the rejection revolve around the company.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by advanceDNA: 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
Treasure17:

Baba....it's not the amount of backing...no amount of paper work will make it fly......it's the company itself that the embassy doesn't trust couple with the fact that those case workers are always on beast mode...

..... U know how many CAC registered mushroom companies are out there with websites and official email ?? Let's not go into details ...

Embassies cannot see the application of a staff of NNLG or Deloitte, PWC or Exxon and refuse..even Commercial banks, cos they are well known

The packaging was probably too bogus and .these embassy pple too can spot an arrangee from miles way....

They probably used a very bulky salary for the OP to make seem like a high earner will return to nigeria...but sadly....times 7 of that amount looked too bogus for one small unknown mushroom organization to spend on one Kazeem adewale

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by youngrichnigga: 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2023
What I see here:

1. Did @OP get the training invitation sent to him via company and that showed his work is related to the intended training?

2. Is the training organizer a certified one with track records of such trainings given to people at your level in the past?

If not, the visa officer saw through the lies but did not want to hit the nail on the head and just decided to use this excuse to deny you the visa.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by NFBI: 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
God will help us
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2023
advanceDNA:

Baba....it's not the amount of backing...no amount of paper work will make it fly......it's the company itself that the embassy doesn't trust couple with the fact that those case workers are always on beast mode...

..... U know how many CAC registered mushroom companies are out there with websites and official email ?? Let's not go into details ...

Embassies cannot see the application of a staff of NNLG or Deloitte, PWC or Exxon and refuse..even Commercial banks, cos they are well known

The packaging was probably too bogus and .these embassy pple too can spot an arrangee from miles way....

They probably used a very bulky salary for the OP to make seem like a high earner will return to nigeria...but sadly....times 7 of that amount looked too bogus for one small unknown mushroom organization to spend on one Kazeem adewale

You’re right. The embassy employees also know that nowadays due to inflation and higher travel costs, legitimate small companies register employees for virtual trainings which are cheaper and sometimes facilitated by the same persons doing the in-person training. Even large multinational companies have shortned the amount of employees they send to training in their own countries much less abroad.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by aieromon(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

A company in Nigeria will not invest huge financial resources to train a "junior or poorly paid" staff outside the country. It makes no business sense.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2023
youngrichnigga:
What I see here:

1. Did @OP get the training invitation sent to him via company and that showed his work is related to the intended training?

2. Is the training organizer a certified one with track records of such trainings given to people at your level in the past?

If not, the visa officer saw through the lies but did not want to hit the nail on the head and just decided to use this excuse to deny you the visa.

Receiving an invitation doesn’t hold weight on whether the application is approved or denied. It’s also not the job of the officer to decide whether or not a person facilitating a training is competent, especially since there are usually more than one facilitator and the name(s) of the facilitators sometimes aren’t announced ahead of time. Officers don’t research the credentials of a trainer, that’s beyond their scope of duty. Why would the officer bother using an excuse when there were legitimate reasons for the denial?

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The person at your company that authorized your travel should’ve written a statement explaining the following: the reason that particular training was selected out of others available trainings, why you were selected to go instead of other employees, and the reason why they selected a lower paid employee to receive such expensive training and why they chose to invest in training you. The cost of the training compared to your monthly salary is exorbitant so it sent up and instant red flag to the reviewer because even large, multi-National corporations rarely send lower paid employees to train internationally.

He did, this is the letter from the Group Head, HR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2023
advanceDNA:

Well, you have a point but my salary is not bogus.

Besides, a company that is 12 years old with presence in 5 African countries that has almost all the banks as customers cannot be said to be mushroom

5 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

He did, this is the letter from the Group Head, HR

The things that I said needed to be included aren’t in this letter. Go back to my reply and compare.
The good news is that the person who wrote the letter left it open for clarification so just have them annotate it.

7 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2023
youngrichnigga:
What I see here:

Yes, I did get a letter from the trainee.

The company (offering the training) is a global OEM with a market cap of 40 billion USD.

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The things that I said needed to be included aren’t in this letter. Go back to my reply and compare.
The good news is that the person who wrote the letter left it open for clarification so just have them annotate it.

Do you suggest i reapply immediately?
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
Saviourplease:

Yes, I did get a letter from the trainee.

The company (offering the training) is a global OEM with a market cap of 40 billion USD.

The spelling and general grammatical errors in this letter alone would raise suspicion. I’m just being honest with you here.

22 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Saviourplease: 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

The spelling and general grammatical errors in this letter alone would raise suspicion. I’m just being honest with you here.

Hmmmmm.... Strange because the drafter is an English man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Houseofglam7(f): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

So do I. I don’t understand why the company didn’t complete this on the employee’s behalf or gave him supporting documents to submit with his application. If they’re willing to spend 7 times his monthly salary for him to get 5 days of training, they should’ve submitted the visa request for him.
My thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by ednut1(m): 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
In summary you are too poorly paid to be coming for a training. You will japa and not return home.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) / 2 Dead As Private Jet Carrying 5 Lands On Florida Interstate / Luxembourg Becomes The First Country To Make All Public Transportation Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.