Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law (5064 Views)

Why Do Christians Reject Old Testament Laws But Stick To Tithing / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2023
achorladey:
To you grin ;DRead and let it sink.
I am afraid my mind does not resonate with the meaningless ideas fed you by your pastors and mogs. undecided

Feel free to hold on to it though as it seems you are unwilling to let such things go. undecided
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by achorladey: 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid my mind does not resonate with the meaningless ideas fed you by your pastors and mogs. undecided

Feel free to hold on to it though as it seems you are unwilling to let such things go. undecided

You might as well be scared in connection with your heart not resonating with it.

I haven't given you a reference material that shows I learnt that from pastors or mogs? Have I?

Why the unnecessary distraction and mentioning of my post since you will come back to

Feel free to hold on to it though as it seems you are unwilling to let such things go

Let me enjoy the law of free people in peace grin grin
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2023
achorladey:

You might as well be scared in connection with your heart not resonating with it.
I haven't given you a reference material that shows I learnt that from pastors or mogs? Have I?
Why the unnecessary distraction and mentioning of my post since you will come back to
Let me enjoy the law of free people in peace grin grin
OK
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by achorladey: 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
OK

Thanks grin grin
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
Goshen360:
Try to RIGHTLY DIVIDE the word of truth....you're mixing too many things together.
It has been 2 years since this last conversation. I hope you still don't believe as you did back then regarding the Law of Old and the New. undecided
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2023
GeneralDae:
■ I don't even believe God directly gave men laws. They were just inspired. Tell me, has God changed?
■ would he give you a law to stone virgins or burn your promiscuous daughters, this is why it seems to me the laws were just mosaic laws.
1. What God gave to the people of Israel was a National Constitution for the state of Israel which He constituted of them in the Land of Canaan, a Kingdom that is of this world. God did not give that Law to a nation of gods, no He gave it to a nation of flesh and blood human beings. And that law mirrored the Constitution of Nations of that time too. God's intention was not to force on the people laws that would handicap them as far as the other nations around them should they refuse to obey. Instead, what God included in the Constitution which He gave to them special laws which He then said that if they obeyed would cause them to be raised above the other nations — again if they obeyed the letter of the Law. But did they? Sadly, they didn't. undecided

2. There are, to this day, cultures/nations where promiscuous daughters are killed by their own parents. These are laws that mirrored the human situation as of the time Israel was created. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The General Features Of Marine Spirits & God’s Strategy For Defeating Them / Holy Communion / Is God Really Omniscient??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.