Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) (38129 Views)

Dangote Reveals Actual Price Of Cement Sold To Dealers-dangote- Business / Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy: U.S. / 12 "Grow Your Online Business" Tactics That Will Help You Win In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by darams4all(m): 8:18am On Mar 13, 2021
Contribute to issues without necessarily dragging people back. How long will this blame game go on?
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:18am On Mar 13, 2021
Difrent:

Is the cement industry not open to all interested investors?

As far as I know we have
BUA Group which is investing massively in cement
Elephant
Ashaka
Nkalagu

How is the industry closed to interested investors ?

Bro, that cement market is closed.

Dangote controls over 60% of that market, and makes the vital decisions, including price setting.

That market belongs to Dangote, and the bulk of his wealth comes from it.
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by lastclaire4(f): 8:18am On Mar 13, 2021
megacity:
It is not true

Dangote businesses are not harmful to Nigeria, he is creating jobs, producing quality products and contributing to national GDP

Maybe harmful to US interests because some of the stuffs he produces can't be imported into Nigeria but why should Nigeria care about that?

Everyone should care about their own country first according to a certain Donald Trump

Is it possible to explain to me why the cement manufactured in Nigeria is more expensive than the one he sells in Mauritius?
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by CSTRR: 8:18am On Mar 13, 2021
HacheNoire:
Same US that cannot curb Jeff Bezos and Walton family

Gibberish, bunkum and balderdash.

Same America where 1% call shots for 99%

Next topic please!

The US does not suffer from a monopoly.
How is Jeff Bezoz a problem?
He is rich but he is not a problem.

See the way US congress is grilling Google and Microsft.

These are companies whose annual profit alone is bigger than dangote entire worth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:19am On Mar 13, 2021
darkwan:

dont even start like that....innoson enjoy the same too....

How does Innoson enjoy favoritism?
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by Ikem11(m): 8:21am On Mar 13, 2021
This man is used by government to embezzle money. Dangote is just a front man for their illegal activities that's why nobody talks in government.
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by CSTRR: 8:21am On Mar 13, 2021
Dangote does not buy Limestone. He does not imprt it.

Yet Nigerian cement is the most expensive in this part of the world.
Imagine what the greedy man will do to petrol.

And the sad thing is that once he gains early investor avantage in petrol production, he is going to crash any potential investment with predatory pricing and government contacts.

You think the abokiis up north in govt are dedicated to free market policy?
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by LajaLaba: 8:21am On Mar 13, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed He is a northerner so it is expected, I only blame Aphonjaz for supporting and installing a dullard that doesn't care one bit about them. Tinoubou will feel the heat by the time they are through with him.
U must be out of your senses to post this rubbish!who installed Buhari Dumbo?
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by Eriokanmi: 8:22am On Mar 13, 2021
Such is expected. Nigerian economy can never survive monopolistic system and our selfish leaders have made it so by allowing just one person to take all the benefits, including tax breaks. This is very wrong. Almost all our politicians have stakes in dangote and BUA , telecoms etc. For instance, oshiomohle had a stake in the Okpela cement plant. Obj, ibb , abdulsalaam, etc all have stakes in dangote, BUA , tinubu had stakes in Discos, etc.

This is why you must not support them or anything associated with them anymore in this country, except you want to pass the liability to the posterity which includes your children and children's children. 2023 is around the corner. The choice is yours, whether to remain poorer or liberate yourself from slavery
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by blueAgent(m): 8:22am On Mar 13, 2021
darkwan:

abegi,park....
are americans the right people to criticize others....??

americans are the worst type of capitalists....
stand between them and their profit and see if they will not kill you....

i dont care about dangote....
but dont forget that whites rather have it that blacks dont produce nothing atall....

Crap, everything to people like you is racism.

Was it not US government that invested money through its ExIm bank in Dangotes refinery to support it.

How come they do not want blacks to produce yet they allow blacks to use their finance and technology?

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by Difrent: 8:24am On Mar 13, 2021
SweetVibe:

You are are too emotional like a woman and lacks the logical prowess to discern things like a man

When you don't have anything to say read and pass, you must not comment.
Isn't it emotion that's behind the article we are discussing.....
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by Difrent: 8:25am On Mar 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Bro, that cement market is closed.

Dangote controls over 60% of that market, and makes the vital decisions, including price setting.

That market belongs to Dangote, and the bulk of his wealth comes from it.

The must be a market leader .......all industry and sector has market leaders who control them, that doesn't mean others can't come in.....why are people learning ICT related courses , why are people developing apps? They should just relax now because we have the big there (apple google facebook)

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2021
HacheNoire:
Same US that cannot curb Jeff Bezos and Walton family

Gibberish, bunkum and balderdash.

Same America where 1% call shots for 99%

Next topic please!

SHUT UP THERE YOU IGNORANT KID!!!
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by darkwan: 8:26am On Mar 13, 2021
blueAgent:

Crap, everything to people like you is racism.

Was it not US government that invested money through its ExIm bank in Dangotes refinery to support it.

How come they do not want blacks to produce yet they allow blacks to use their finance and technology?

look....this your love for whites doesnt impress me....
i dont await much from somebody that bows down to a white jessssus christ....

its in your psyche....

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by Haben1: 8:26am On Mar 13, 2021
I don't even know how to explain this thing to some people here.
All I know is that. He will fix all is goods and services in his OWN PRICE without giving a SOD about his country.
I pity Nigerian when he's done with his refinery.
The government and Dangote(Majorly) will this fix price.
Remember, all his goods are expensive (sugar,cement, etc).
So don't even expect the fuel ⛽ price to come down per liter.
It will shock you whenever Dangote increases his ⛽ fuel price and we don't just have choice than to buy it at that rate.
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by blueAgent(m): 8:27am On Mar 13, 2021
SEGLIZ:

yes, shut those usa ass leakers up, bunch of fools. when harmless, innocent youth protesting peacefully against government agencies brutality were killed, this same nuisance of the usa looked away till date.
the few amongs us rising to compete with their is now their concern and headache. our legislators earning that is a burden on the economy and citizens isn't of their concern, looted funds being starched by our leaders in their various vaults isn't of concern to them right!?
God punish usa, devil baptise their life.

Is the US that would hold your government accountable for you?
Do you think you can really compete with them?
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by sweetrace(f): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2021
Penguin2:
Dangote has turned himself to a very sadistic capitalist.

Man is ready to impoverish the whole of Nigeria if it will give him more money.

Just like Bill Gates that is ready to infect the world with a deadly virus so he can sell vaccine.

BUA CEO was accusing him the other day of being the reason that cement is still expensive in the country. He wouldn't allow govt throw the sector open to numerous investors.

Now he's building refinery and he is already suggesting that only those with refinery license should be allowed to import fuel so that he can tighten the sector and sell a litre at #500.

The next Southern president should stop that man. Especially the cement industry. It should be thrown open to all interested investors.

Stop saying things you don’t know about Bill Gates. He is someone who has helped Africa without getting anything back in return. He is the one that went out of his way to eradicate polio in northern Nigeria, a place that boasts of numerous Nigerians who billionaires. He sponsors young people with innovative ideas all over the world. At the end of the day, the idea remains yours. He sponsors foundations in Nigeria. The problem is that extremely wealthy Nigerians present their foundations and take over sponsorships. They get billions from the Gates Foundation, then they sponsor rubbish like Walk for the Chibok Girls. Rubbish in the sense that organizing a walk does not require any money. So stop vilifying Bill Gates. He does not need your money. Instead he constantly gives your country money. He is about saving the world from its excesses. About helping where it is needed.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by luluman: 8:28am On Mar 13, 2021
HacheNoire:

You are not brilliant a bit.

All of what you composed are beer parlor analysis.

And your own nko? Ogogoro joint answer.
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by Ykc2(m): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2021
megacity:
It is not true

Dangote businesses are not harmful to Nigeria. He is creating jobs, producing quality products and contributing to national GDP.

Maybe harmful to US interests because some of the stuffs he produces can't be imported into Nigeria but why should Nigeria care about that?

Everyone should care about their own country first according to a certain Donald Trump
in western nations dangote will be serving 50 years jail sentence by now

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by blueAgent(m): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2021
darkwan:

its in your psyche....

I exposed your naivety and all you can say is this crap.
Refute my claim that's what intelligent people would have done.
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by darkwan: 8:29am On Mar 13, 2021
Haben1:
I don't even know how to explain this thing to some people here.
All I know is that. He will fix all is goods and services in his OWN PRICE without giving a SOD about his country.
I pity Nigerian when he's done with his refinery.
The government and Dangote(Majorly) will this fix price.
Remember, all his goods are expensive (sugar,cement, etc).
So don't even expect the fuel ⛽ price to come down per liter.
It will shock you whenever Dangote increases his ⛽ fuel price and we don't just have choice than to buy it at that rate.

you wan tell me when their is abundant petrol,dangote will fix his own price in nigeria....??

does that even make sense to you....??

if he does that and sell more than what we could get from abroad,na still him will loose....

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by Athemisia: 8:29am On Mar 13, 2021
Penguin2:
Dangote has turned himself to a very sadistic capitalist.

Man is ready to impoverish the whole of Nigeria if it will give him more money.

Just like Bill Gates that is ready to infect the world with a deadly virus so he can sell vaccine.

BUA CEO was accusing him the other day of being the reason that cement is still expensive in the country. He wouldn't allow govt throw the sector open to numerous investors.

Now he's building refinery and he is already suggesting that only those with refinery license should be allowed to import fuel so that he can tighten the sector and sell a litre at #500.

The next Southern president should stop that man. Especially the cement industry. It should be thrown open to all interested investors.
Yet we wonder why there's high unemployment in the nation.

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by blueAgent(m): 8:30am On Mar 13, 2021
darkwan:

its in your psyche....

https://ng.usembassy.gov/ustda-provides-training-grant-dangote-oil-refining-company-july-30-2015/

I still have many more links
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by Eriokanmi: 8:30am On Mar 13, 2021
darkwan:

abegi,park....
are americans the right people to criticize others....??

americans are the worst type of capitalists....
stand between them and their profit and see if they will not kill you....

i dont care about dangote....
but dont forget that whites rather have it that blacks dont produce nothing atall....
If American economic policies couldn't kill us or my uncle, they you're very wrong. There are likes of bill Gates, Paul Allen, Michael dell, Steve jobs, etc serving the same market . Why didn't they build monopolistic strongholds around only bill Gates? They buy crude from us, Saudi, etc. Why not concentrate only in a particular country, just to enrich them. The way some people reading heeen!
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by SweetVibe: 8:31am On Mar 13, 2021
Difrent:

When you don't have anything to say read and pass, you must not comment.
Isn't it emotion that's behind the article we are discussing.....
An article gave you fact which is left for you to disapprove with your own fact but instead you jump in emotionally and began to write lullaby poem about US business men.

Every intelligent person always try to avoid your type in argument because you can even emotional stab them with a knife like an angry lady.
PLEASE CAN THAT ASPECT OF YOU, ITS TOO LADYLIKE
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2021
Difrent:

The must be a market leader .......all industry and sector has market leaders who control them

No be only market leader.

If we want the price of cement to come down, we need to open the cement market.

Dangote controls that market, and so controls who comes in.

The day that market opens up, and the market is evenly distributed (even if only as an oligopoly), the price of cement will come down.

One disadvantage of a monopoly is high price.

With more true competition, price will decrease.
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by darkwan: 8:31am On Mar 13, 2021
blueAgent:

I exposed your naivety and all you can say is this crap.
Refute my claim that's what intelligent people would have done.

its not crap....its your psyche....

whites cant do anything wrong....your mind is blocked to see anything else....

thats why you will fight anybody that dares confront your saviours white people....

for you their words is gospel....it thrills you,it makes you cum....

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by darkwan: 8:34am On Mar 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

No be only market leader.

If we want the price of cement to come down, we need to open the cement market.

Dangote controls that market, and so controls who comes in.

The day that market opens up, and the market is evenly distributed (even if only as an oligopoly), the price of cement will come down.

One disadvantage of a monopoly is high price.

With more true competition, price will decrease.

dangote doesnt control cement market....

i dont know where you have that from....

because i produce more bananas than you,doesnt mean i control bananas....

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by SmartPolician: 8:35am On Mar 13, 2021
Difrent:

And you think it's the USA that should be telling us that?
Rockefeller, rotschilds , Ford's....all these families made generational wealth due to favouritism of america government. The same America that house apple ,facebook and google (the big 3) these companies KILL competition with the connivance of the American government. ...have you ever wondered why the big 3 are always having problems in europe and Asia ? It's because europeans and asians see them as threats to their own tech companies and have to restrict their use and in some case like france tax them heavily ,while american government is only concerned about privacy issues with the tech companies .
The same person you are accusing here doesn't control the petroleum industry where the big money is I would be bothered if he owned She'll or Chevron.... even as commodities merchant , he don't control noodles , pasta, milk, and is not even visible in the poultry industry with minimal show in agriculture. There's no business he does that others are not doing but like everywhere there must be leaders and him being an industry leader in cement is just as it should be , if not Dangote it could be someone else......or is the opposition just because he happens to be a northerner . I remember years back , most nigerian rich men were southerners...the Abiolas , the dehinde fernandez, the harry akandes of this world
Let's get something clear here:

Do those names kill competition? Yes, they do by acquiring rivals they consider threats.

Do they connive with the American government? No, they don't.

You see, some time ago, the Congress came up with an initiative to unbundle Facebook.
The fear is that at the rate the social media company was growing, it could become too big for the US government to control.

Mark, thanks to his Facebook, is a very influential person and got some congressmen and women to kill the idea.

The US government is deeply worried about the Big 4 (Amazon, Apple, Google and Facebook) and want to regulate their growth rate.

On the other hand, they want to maintain that entrenched conviction that the US is a place where your dreams can come true (American dream) and you can become as rich as you want to be.

So, the government is taught up between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by emonis88: 8:36am On Mar 13, 2021
I knew that, that's how he does business even bf now. In 2003 or 2004 bf d elections, he donated money to Obasanjo's second term campaign n after the election, spaghetti importation was banned n boom! Dangote spaghetti was everywhere selling like wide fire, he made his money bf Golden Penny n other companies could bring out their own product too.
Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by darkwan: 8:38am On Mar 13, 2021
SmartPolician:

Let's get something clear here:

Do those names kill competition? Yes, they do by acquiring rivals they consider threats.

Do they connive with the American government? No, they don't.

You see, some time ago, the Congress came up with an initiative to unbundle Facebook.
The fear is that at the rate the social media company was growing, it could become too big for the US government to control.

Mark, thanks to his Facebook, is a very influential person and got some congressmen and women to kill the idea.

The US government is deeply worried about the Big 4 (Amazon, Apple, Google and Facebook) and want to regulate their growth rate.

On the other hand, they want to maintain that strong conviction that the US is a place where your dreams can come true (American dream) and you can become as rich as you want to be.

So, the government is taught up between the devil and the deep Blue sea.

this is the thing with whites....they speak from both sides of their mouths....
become rich as you like,but not too rich....??

does that make sense to you....

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) by Tonyblessed(m): 8:38am On Mar 13, 2021
Someone that can't do anything to encourage the youths with all his billions.
Not someone a business minded youth should be looking up to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets / Aliko Dangote, Toyin Saraki And Others Attend Folorunsho Alakija’s Son’s Wedding / Video Of Herbert Wigwe Celebrating His Last Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.