Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo (4693 Views)

Five States To Get ₦148 Billion Reimbursement For Repairing Federal Roads / Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo / How Ogun State Prevents Winners Chapel From Repairing Ota Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by November1857(m): 7:22am On Mar 14, 2021
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Keep embarrassing yourself typing nonsense all over the places.

That is a safe practice and is acceptable even on planet Mars.
Typical unity begger , typing from IDP camp..

1 Like

Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by IDeyNL: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2021
Simplyleo:
So what's the fuse about?

That is obviously a step down distribution transformer.

You don't expect them to test rate the transformer with 33kv input and 415v output, do you?

You use small voltage to ascertain its transformation ratio, then connect the 33kv input voltage and stay away from the equipment before switching ON the breaker.

33kv will roast a human being to ashes within splits of second.

It's 11kv input and not 33kv

1 Like

Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by Enosa1(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2021
It's used to carry out ratio test on a transformer... The generator supply the required test voltage (220V)

2 Likes

Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by Mysticwebb: 10:03am On Mar 14, 2021
This is a normal and necessary test done on transformers to know the internal condition of the transformer. The result gives you something to compare with the nameplate of the transformer and then make rightful inference on the health of the transformer.
Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by salam8528: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
This how they deceive the gullible, y not ask b4 posting this rubish
Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by RenaissanceGuy: 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
Racoon:
This is after about 60years of a false nationhood.And some demented fellas this failed entity will ever work? I saw a picture wherein a wielder was fixing a Policeman's rifle & shouder in horror what Nigeria means @ at this day.
You want to comment on every single thread, but you always comment off-color, repeating the same old thing over and over again.

2 Likes

Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by bombim(m): 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
it's is just for test not to repair
Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by Kayberg: 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2021
It's not used to repair it, rather it's to test it for possible damage or short circuit.
So if I don't know now, you'd programme this error of yours down my mind…
You just gave me another reason to never believe most things I come across on the internet.
Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by Nuelito: 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
This country na cruise joint
Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by dipson4u08(m): 9:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
sarrki:
Nigeria is full of absurdity !!! A generator is used in repairing "NEPA" !!!

Update : reading through the comments, we are lagging behind in English Language. Many people have not heard about the word SARCASM.

thats a step down transformer from 440v to 220v. so where would they av gotten power, if a 220v is needed to troubleshoot it, so i see nothing wrong
with that, the only issue i have is the baba rewire called to fix the trxformer, not wearing any safety protective and others standing bye.

the light in the area must have been isolated so its normal if 220v is required.
Re: A Generator Is Used In Repairing "NEPA Transformer-photo by fergie001: 9:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
The Generator is used to energise the megger used for testing for any short-circuit, cable testing for moisture et al., TRT and insulation testing etc.

The J & P must have been dropped and the megger earthed for drawn-out shock.

It is safe and OK.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Appeal – Adamawa APC Rejects Fintiri’s Tribunal Victory / Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep / BREAKING NEWS: Borno State Deputy Governor, Zanna Umar Mustapha Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.