Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep (4696 Views)

Kayode Oso Resigns As Ekiti Commissioner / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Abia Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Senator Abaribe(pdp ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by aspabay(m): 9:57am On Sep 22, 2011
The Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State capital, yesterday nullified the election of Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Oyetunde Ojo and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to conduct a fresh election within 90 days.

Ojo who is an in-law to former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is representing Ekiti West, Ijero and Efon Federal Constituency in the House was dragged to the tribunal by the National Transformation Party, NTP, candidate, Mr. Bamidele Peter.

Peter and his party are challenging the victory of Ojo on the ground that INEC unlawfully excluded his name and the party logo in the ballot papers during the April 26 general elections.

Delivering its judgment, the tribunal in a unanimous judgment read by Justice Patrick Uhuo, dismissed the grounds of defense by the respondents (Ojo and the INEC), noting that their defense was incompetent having been based on technicalities and that “the tribunal is concerned purely with post-election matters and will keep to that.”

The tribunal said: “The evidences before the tribunal show that the first petitioner (Bamidele Peter) was validly nominated by the second petitioner, NTP,” stressing that “the tribunal has no doubt that the petitioner was unlawfully excluded from the election of April 26, 2011.”

Flanked by the chairman of the panel, Justice Ibrahim Bako and another member, Mrs. Bukunola Adebiyi, Justice Uhuo, said “consequently, the election held on April 26, 2011 and the return of Oyetunde Ojo as the winner is hereby nullified according to the provisions of Section 140 of the Electoral Act. “The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, is hereby ordered to conduct fresh election including the name and logo of the first and second petitioner within 90 days.”

Reacting to the judgment, counsel to the petitioner, Mr. Obafemi Adewale lauded the tribunal for upholding the rule of law and justifying the confidence reposed on it by the petitioner

However, counsel to the respondents, Mr. Niyi Idowu, said his client would appeal the judgment.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/tribunal-cancels-tinubus-in-lawss-election-as-ekiti-rep/

Who is after Tinubu?
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by gbolah1(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2011
This is a sound jodgement n it as nothing to do with tinubu or CAN.it is a purely inec fault,moreso it as no negative effect on ACN.
I am not an acn, or tinubu Vance but d truth most be told.Inec all d party involve sue inec for purely administration mistake
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by HighChief4(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
Good one. But too bad people get their mandates in court rooms these days instead of polling booths
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by lookmangiw(m): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2011
PDP are just trying all means to crush this tinubu's political empire. We are now seeing the effect of the judicial manipulation that brought about the oustage of the former president of the appeal court, Justice salami.
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by YEMOYEMI: 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2011
Bamidele Peter wants to test his popularity and waste money. I feel so sorry for you. I don't think NTP can win ACN in Ekiti State even if Tinubu is dead. Who are the members of NTP?What is their antecedent?

Mr Bamidele Peter, I wish you all the best sha. Am not God and we know nothing is impossible.
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by Xfactoria: 2:45pm On Sep 22, 2011
lookmangiw:

PDP are just trying all means to crush this tinubu's political empire. We are now seeing the effect of the judicial manipulation that brought about the oustage of the former president of the appeal court, Justice salami.

Am I missing something?? Where did they mention PDP in all this? Anyway, thank God Justice Salami has been axed, otherwise that poor Bamidele Peter will never have gotten judgement against almighty Tinubu's in-law.
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by walex2(m): 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2011
if the election is being conducted 1000 times ACN would always carry the day. i know that constituency very well ijero, ipoti, efon alaye, aramoko, and iloro ekiti. no body knows any NTP. WHAT A WASTE OF RESOURCES AND JUDICIAL TIME.
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by mitofag: 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2011
Is that Gbawe's uncle?

No wonder Gbawe no show face for NL.

Inu ma jin oooooo
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by BigB11(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2011
You haven't seen nothing yet.
A fight with PDP is also a fight with the president.
In Nigeria, president will always win any political battle regardless of your position or circumstance. It is a written and common protocol not to ever have a fight with the president.

I predict that Tinuba will leave the country very soon. The mess he has found himself lately will never end. The strategy that is in place is not only to weaken his power, but also to pulverize his spirit in every way. Pretty soon[b] enemies from his own party (ACN)[/b] will start to emerge one by one to indirectly speed up the process PDP has put in place. MARK IT DOWN
I honestly think Tinubu himself also clearly recognizes his circumstance. It is a matter of time for him to escape disappear for some time.

You can stop the rain for some time, but not forever.
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by leleri: 3:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
they have started again, is Tinubu INEC that did not include the opponent's name
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2011
Walex: if the election is being conducted 1000 times ACN would always carry the day. i know that constituency very well ijero, ipoti, efon alaye, aramoko, and iloro ekiti. no body knows any NTP. WHAT A WASTE OF RESOURCES AND JUDICIAL TIME.

You are not too familiar to that area. The constituency in question still has more than six towns not mentioned by you. ACN is a disaster at Ekiti. We thought Fayemi will be a messiah, but lo and behold he is far from it. God bless Ekiti. Aba ri a a gbe a o.
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by wellmax(m): 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2011
aspabay:

Ojo who is an in-law to former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is representing Ekiti West, Ijero and Efon Federal Constituency in the House was dragged to the tribunal by the National Transformation Party, NTP, candidate, Mr. Bamidele Peter.

Peter and his party are challenging the victory of Ojo on the ground that INEC unlawfully excluded his name and the party logo in the ballot papers during the April 26 general elections.

btw who knows Bamidele Peter or the party?
Is this a grand plan by some never-do-well or a publicity stunt for the so called NTP
Anyway, ACN will still carry the day.
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by oladele7: 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2011
This is not possible . hw are they going to conduct a new election for a party that is no longer in existence. NTP is no longer a political party in Nigeria. Check The list of Political Parties in nigeria for update,
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by Gbawe: 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2011
mitofag:

Is that Gbawe's uncle?

No wonder Gbawe no show face for NL.

Inu ma jin oooooo

Keep dreaming. You don't even minimally know which State some forumers originate from and yet you speak. I really don't know why some of you can never keep your mouth shut when you have nothing sensible to say.
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by gbolah1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2011
The fact remain,judiciary is just trying to set d record straight by nullify that election base on inec mistake.it has nothing to do with election regal
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by Gbawe: 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
gbola h:

The fact remain,judiciary is just trying to set d record straight by nullify that election base on inec mistake.it has nothing to do with election regal

Indeed. Let the election be held again. It is the right thing to do. This situation was caused by INEC and not the ACN candidate.

Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2011
Is the NTP party in existence?
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by TenKobo1: 6:46am On Sep 23, 2011
When it rains, it pours!!
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by Vavavoom(m): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2011
The baffling thing in this ensuing drama is the ability of control by people who hardly care about those who supposedly voted them into power - listening to folks in here I marvel; we don't like ''them'' yet given time and space we fall over respective divide to pitch tent with either side lipsrsealed - ''PDP bad, ACN good, ACN bad, PDP good'' embarassed How we haven't channelled this same energy to remove these people and create a better space where progressive minded people can thrive is most baffling undecided

When all is factored in and their antecedent reviewed Tinubu(ACN) nor PDP don't give a hoot about people down the food chain. For these ones we exist as a means to an end. Make we think.
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2011
Gbawe:

Keep dreaming. You don't even minimally know which State some forumers originate from and yet you speak. I really don't know why some of you can never keep your mouth shut when you have nothing sensible to say.

Gbaweski!! no hard feelings - I have nothing to say but it seems so gratifying to gloat when your forum rivals sense a kink in your armour - me sef I thought about sinking some teeth into your ego. guess someone beat me to it.  grin
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by Gbawe: 10:45am On Sep 23, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Gbaweski!! no hard feelings - I have nothing to say but it seems so gratifying to gloat when your forum rivals sense a kink in your armour - me sef I thought about sinking some teeth into your ego. guess someone beat me to it. grin

Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:35am On Sep 23, 2011
^^^ corrected - my head is still groggy from pre-Friday night binging
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by Delafruita(m): 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2011
If the elections are conducted one million times,oyetunde ojo will win.i was a corp member in ekiti west and acted as an ad-hoc staff during the elections so i can authoritatively state that ojo will definitely win.his elections was annuled based on INEC's inefficiency and am sure even if ojo loses the appeal,he will still win.kehinde odebunmi,who was the PDP candidate and erstwhile occupant of the position put up a fair showing at the elections but his miserliness and inaction proved his undoing.
It is not yet uhuru for ACN haters
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by Gbawe: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

^^^ corrected - my head is still groggy from pre-Friday night binging

'Shayo' man grin grin grin Your user name tells all grin grin grin
Re: Tribunal Cancels Tinubu’s In-laws’s Election As Ekiti Rep by Baawaa(m): 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2011
Majority of us don't know politics,it is not the NTP man but the PDP,which ACN can also do!!

(1) (Reply)

JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? / Experts Hail Nigeria's Soaring Nonoil Exports, As Economy Diversifies / My People Are Useless,my People Are Senseless ,my People Are Indisciplined -buha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.