Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? (7588 Views)

Starsat Sr200hd 4k Resolution Sr90000 H265 Extreme / Re-scan Your Decoders With TSTV New Frequency Parameters / Has Tstv Failed Us? Is Tstv A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Ournolly: 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
TSTV boasted they broadcast up to 4k resolution which means they can beat DSTV's full hd (1080p).
Please how true is this?
Can someone confirm this claim?
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by meobizy(f): 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
Where’s proof of the claim?
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Ournolly: 9:50am On Mar 15, 2021
meobizy:
Where’s proof of the claim?
Exactly the same question I am asking.
I am not currently using the services so I can't agree or disagree, their marketers however have been making such claims.
It is also boldly written on their website.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by meobizy(f): 10:02am On Mar 15, 2021
Ournolly:

Exactly the same question I am asking.
I am not currently using the services so I can't agree or disagree, their marketers however have been making such claims.
It is also boldly written on their website.
I don't need to visit their website to know they're spouting falsehood. The service till now has zero customers talk less of a working device. If so, then Nairaland has moderation bots; a claim the authorities here can make which the enlightened know too well is a lie. Without DStv, a lot of Nigerians would remain ignorant of High Definition video. No Nigerian service, in fact most satellite video providers that I know of, have provided as many HD stations as Multichoice, South Africa. TStv will learn the tricks of the trade after Multichoice perfects then discontinues them. For now, they are not in the same league.

1 Like

Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by MrKodak(m): 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
meobizy:

I don't need to visit their website to know they're spouting falsehood. The service till now has zero customers talk less of a working device. If so, then Nairaland has moderation bots; a claim the authorities here can make which the enlightened know too well is a lie. Without DStv, a lot of Nigerians would remain ignorant of High Definition video. No Nigerian service, in fact most satellite video providers that I know of, have provided as many HD stations as Multichoice, South Africa. TStv will learn the tricks of the trade after Multichoice perfects then discontinues them. For now, they are not in the same league.

Hmmmn! I would have thought like u, only until I decided to install my TSTV.
Truth is, I don't know if they run on 4k cos I don't use a 4k tv but, their channels are in super quality, much more clearer than DSTV. They have more high definition channels than DSTV (I have DSTV as well so no bias here) The only thing they don't have is premium sports like EPL and maybe shows like big Brother. Personally, I keep the DSTV for the rest of my family and TSTV in my room cos the channels I will rather watch are found on TSTV and I am not joking.

7 Likes

Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by meobizy(f): 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2021
MrKodak:

Truth is, I don't know if they run on 4k cos I don't use a 4k tv but, their channels are in super quality, much more clearer than DSTV. They have more high definition channels than DSTV (I have DSTV as well so no bias here) The only thing they don't have is premium sports like EPL and maybe shows like big Brother. Personally, I keep the DSTV for the rest of my family and TSTV in my room cos the channels I will rather watch are found on TSTV and I am not joking.
Pictures?
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by moneyshop: 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
I'll check when I buy

1 Like

Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by MrKodak(m): 7:31am On Jun 17, 2021
meobizy:

Pictures?
Am not a tstv marketer, if u need more info, go to their office, if not stick to what are using. Couldn't care less. I just gave an opinion on what am using and working for me and i am happy with.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Ournolly: 9:12am On Jun 17, 2021
MrKodak:

Am not a tstv marketer, if u need more info, go to their office, if not stick to what are using. Couldn't care less. I just gave an opinion on what am using and working for me and i am happy with.
Nobody says you're their marketer, she just requested for picture proof as she's doubtful of your opinion.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by austino677(m): 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
Not bad at all

Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by anozie09(m): 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by anozie09(m): 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
austino677:
Not bad at all
How many inches is the TV and what brand please? I’m looking to get a new TV.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Ournolly: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
austino677:
Not bad at all
Yeah, not bad but certainly not 4k resolution.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by austino677(m): 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
anozie09:

How many inches is the TV and what brand please? I’m looking to get a new TV.
Samsung q6f 55" i think 17/18 model
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by anozie09(m): 12:25am On Jun 21, 2021
austino677:
Samsung q6f 55" i think 17/18 model
Oh, okay! Very nice...
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by meobizy(f): 6:54am On Aug 13, 2021
TStv claims they offer a hundred plus HD channels when their elder brother Multichoice doesn’t have up to forty. Nigerians will never stop deceiving one another.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Ournolly: 10:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
meobizy:
TStv claims they offer a hundred plus HD channels when their elder brother Multichoice doesn’t have up to forty. Nigerians will never stop deceiving one another.
I do not see anything special about providing HD channels, almost all channels these days are on HD.
Many American satellite pay TV providers offer uhd channels.

1 Like

Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Themandator: 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
meobizy:

It is not wise to profess on what you know very little about.

What does it take to broadcast on HD and 4k? Additional cost

DSTV only just this very week started airing CNN and some other Nigerian popular channels on HD platform. Does it mean that CNN has all this time being on SD? No. CNN is on the highest resolution of 4k but the company providing it in Africa decoded to be transmitting same on SD to save cost... It has nothing to do with the original content owner but very thing to do with cost

When you go online to download movies,you get to see options to download in whichever format that is economical to you...this is to save you cost....it doesn't imply that the video is in any other format of HD...the same with DSTV and tstv

Tstv, a Nigerian company currently enjoying tax holidays that is renewable is on a Nigerian transponder owned by nigcomsat that owns space satellite used for many purposes in Nigeria. Tstv pays for the use of the transponder in naira... Having calculated the cost of transmitting and being the only ones to approach nigcomsat Sat for such service, they were given it on a plaster of gold...after all, Nigerian government interest is in having an home based rival to DSTV

DSTV makes money in naira and pay for the same service in dollar ... You don't expect them to go ahead and ask their service provider to migrate them to 4k.

Virtually every TV stations operates on HD but the company selling them to you decides how you get to see the pictures and this sometime forces the African based TV stations to return to SD and even less to save cost of burning pictures that ends up on SD formats in homes of end users

3 Likes

Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Themandator: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
meobizy:

Ignoramuse.... Pride and help doesn't coexist... What you dont know you don't learn by being boastful of your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Themandator: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ournolly:

I do not see anything special about providing HD channels, almost all channels these days are on HD.
Many American satellite pay TV providers offer uhd channels.

Nothing really.. It is optional
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Themandator: 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
MrKodak:

Like i24
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Themandator: 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ournolly:

Yeah, not bad but certainly not 4k resolution.

He says he doesn't have a 4k TV and you are repeating the same thing...his television cannot transmit 4k picture cause it is not 4k compliant but HD
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Ournolly: 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Themandator:

He says he doesn't have a 4k TV and you are repeating the same thing...his television cannot transmit 4k picture cause it is not 4k compliant but HD
Bro he didn't say his TV is not 4k complaint, na you dey add this one here.

Check his next reply he actually said his TV is Samsung q6f 55, as a Samsung smart TV fan that currently uses a new model qled TV I can confirm that his TV has 4k capability.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Themandator: 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ournolly:

Bro he didn't say his TV is not 4k complaint, na you dey add this one here.

Check his next reply he actually said his TV is Samsung q6f 55, as a Samsung smart TV fan that currently uses a new model qled TV I can confirm that his TV has 4k capability.

Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Ournolly: 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
[quote author=Themandator post=105754201][/quote]
I directly quoted austino677 who posted the picture in that reply and certainly not referring MrKodak.
Seems like you are a bit confuse here.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Themandator: 11:52am On Sep 13, 2021
Ournolly:

I directly quoted austino677 who posted the picture in that reply and certainly not referring MrKodak.
Seems like you are a bit confuse here.

OK. The person who posted picture is different from the person who made the statement of not having a 4k television

At any rate, tstv broadcast all their channels to homes as HD pictures which is more prevalent in Nigeria now than 4k

When 4k becomes common we will debate that one
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Ournolly: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Themandator:

OK. The person who posted picture is different from the person who made the statement of not having a 4k television

At any rate, tstv broadcast all their channels to homes as HD pictures which is more prevalent in Nigeria now than 4k

When 4k becomes common we will debate that one
Actually, 4k is common but the content is lacking.
You should be aware that 4k resolution is very expensive to maintain as the data transfer involved is massive.

Take the file size for example
1 hour movie of
HD ready (720p) - about 800mb
Full HD (1080p) - about 1.2gb
Uhd 4k - about 43gb, H.265 encoding may compress it to about 10gb but we all know that H.265 is CPU resource intensive.

Imagine broadcasting in 4k to 10,000 subscribers at the same time, can tstv afford that? Certainly no.
TSTV may have the equipment but cannot afford the resources of successfully broadcasting in 4k.
As rich as Multichoice seems to be I doubt they can afford the resources too.
We all know their HD channels are in HD ready and not full HD.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Themandator: 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ournolly:

Actually, 4k is common but the content is lacking.
You should be aware that 4k resolution is very expensive to maintain as the data transfer involved is massive.

Take the file size for example
1 hour movie of
HD ready (720p) - about 800mb
Full HD (1080p) - about 1.2gb
Uhd 4k - about 43gb, H.265 encoding may compress it to about 10gb but we all know that H.265 is CPU resource intensive.

Imagine broadcasting in 4k to 10,000 subscribers at the same time, can tstv afford that? Certainly no.
TSTV may have the equipment but cannot afford the resources of successfully broadcasting in 4k.
As rich as Multichoice seems to be I doubt they can afford the resources too.
We all know their HD channels are in HD ready and not full HD.

4k TV is still on the high side in Nigeria. What is now common is HD

Tstv can broadcast in 4k because they are not charged anything in dollar to do so

The port allocated to them is ready for it and it is paid for in naira unlike dstv

Imagine you get this service from mtn Nigeria as a TV service provider, imagine downloading HD for all your clients just HD for each person in dollar
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by meobizy(f): 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
Na war film person go chop? Where is their channel for recent Hollywood blockbusters? I will never believe their claim of 4K HD because even DStv has no plans for that in the near future. Where is their Catch Up and BoxOffice feature? Oh, nothing as usual. Multichoice is the ultimate, leave am like that.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by PeterM00use: 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
I'm a big fan of movies and TV series so I can say a lot about it. For me, TV has a significant meaning that has an important place in my life. That's why I use Oka Mirror for Chromecast, which is an important tool for watching TV. That's why I share similar secrets that help me solve similar problems with watching movies on the big screen. I didn't know it was even possible before, but now I love the way TV is developing.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by Ournolly: 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
Thread update, tstv does not offer 4k resolution in any of their channels.
Ignore their stupid marketing lies.
Re: Is TSTV Really Up To 4k Resolution? by meobizy(f): 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ournolly:
Thread update, tstv does not offer 4k resolution in any of their channels.
Ignore their stupid marketing lies.
Oh no, I am shocked! Lol. If I had a professional idea of the law I’d enrich myself from suing Nigerian companies.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Kindly Like My Artist Page On Facebook / Have I Been Scammed? Judge Between Me And Xpset! / DSTV Office Sealed Over N130m Tax Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.