Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Any Alternatives To Nairaland - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any Alternatives To Nairaland (5278 Views)

Thanks To Nairaland. My Sister Won't Drop Out At 500level / 5 Alternatives To Gaining Admission Into A University Without JAMB / Are There Any Alternatives To WAEC And NECO Available In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Alternatives To Nairaland by TheSourcerer: 12:38am On Mar 14, 2021
Not like Seun cares anyway but I'll be gladdened if I can find a forum not tribalistic and mature ...like nairaland used to be in 08- 14/2015

Advice :if you want to have rest of mind , please stay off the news, news ads (Phoenix) . trust me it helps . mentally and emotionally exhausting

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by andyblinks05: 12:45am On Mar 14, 2021
in essence NL might crash like 2go just thinking � a loud

10 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by TheSourcerer: 12:50am On Mar 14, 2021
andyblinks05:
in essence NL might crash like 2go
just thinking � a loud
it's sad if it ends up that way , it really was fun. And Worth actually visiting , people replied with optimistic opinions and view , there were not after the likes then , it was the best of the best Nigerians who found nairaland amongst other sites. now literally a teenager with raging hormones would give advice to an abused woman here seeking help or options , but now they just mock you and make smug comments like . e increase garri in the market ,. ,degradation of women on this site I've not seen elsewhere . tribalism I see here I have not seen elsewhere. I dont know who is ijaw or Igbo .

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by andyblinks05: 12:57am On Mar 14, 2021
TheSourcerer:
it's sad if it ends up that way , it really was fun. And Worth actually visiting , people replied with optimistic opinions and view , there were not after the likes then , it was the best of the best Nigerians who found nairaland amongst other sites. now literally a teenager with raging hormones would give advice to an abused woman here seeking help or options , but now they just mock you and make smug comments like . e increase garri in the market ,.
NL has really helped me in alot of ways that I can't mention from connecting with people and learning from the mistake of others but you know everything changes. one of the problem facing NL is banning rather than suspension, this made many acct to be opened which also resulted to all the childishness being display here

18 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by criuze(m): 1:13am On Mar 14, 2021
have you tried naijapals

only quora tops niaraland

no no i doubt, niaraland is just the best

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by starbuck(f): 1:24am On Mar 14, 2021
Honestly, I have been nursing the idea of quitting Nairaland few days...So many kids and trolls have taken over it coupled with the recent server problems i have been experiencing too...

Maybe i will fully stick quora and Facebook at the moment..

8 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by HacheNoire: 1:35am On Mar 14, 2021
Quora.com

Thank me later!

3 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by constance500: 3:48am On Mar 14, 2021
Plus accessing nl during the day now is something else.. How can I be using 30 minute to open just 2 threads.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by meobizy(f): 6:26am On Mar 14, 2021
Thus was how Nairaland died. The powers that govern refused to change with time and will get forgotten like failed experiments.

TheSourcerer:
Not like Seun cares anyway but I'll be gladdened if I can find a forum not tribalistic and mature ...like nairaland used to be in 08- 14/2015

Advice :if you want to have rest of mind , please stay off the news, news ads (Phoenix) . trust me it helps .
Did you not threaten to deactivate a while ago? Why should we take you serious now?

Let me give you a fun fact; Nairaland as at the time was as filthy as it is now. This forum’s heyday was sometime around 2005 - 2008. The luck Seun has is lack of a worthy competitor plus young-aged new users discovering this platform and being enthralled for 1 to 3 years.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Bornu1stSon(m): 6:28am On Mar 14, 2021
Nairaland has come to stay and will never go 2go way because we will not listen to our fake pastors evil prophecy against nairaland as we did during 2go tongue .

3 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Bornu1stSon(m): 6:33am On Mar 14, 2021
constance500:
Plus accessing nl during the day now is something else.. How can I be using 30 minute to open just 2 threads.
Upgrade upgrade upgrade. Have u ever purchase ads slot from admin b4? Don't you know that all those fast servers and hosting company costs money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by meobizy(f): 7:10am On Mar 14, 2021
Lol. ‘That person’ is here with an alternate, proving what I suspected long ago — he is getting broke. Last last, he’s nothing but a wretched Nairalander too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by MAKEOUTHlLL: 7:17am On Mar 14, 2021
well there's a bunch of them...
Reddit Quora 4chan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by ThatIgboBoy: 7:22am On Mar 14, 2021
constance500:
I thought this experience was just peculiar to me. pages take forever to load on nairaland these days

1 Like

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by rivoltare: 7:28am On Mar 14, 2021
andyblinks05:
in essence NL might crash like 2go
just thinking � a loud

Nairaland can only crash when GOOGLE crashes. many of the visitors are coming from google, when most people home and abroad search for a nigerian related topic, nairaland appears.

Nairaland is like garri that does not need advertisement

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by andyblinks05: 7:31am On Mar 14, 2021
rivoltare:

Nairaland can only crash when GOOGLE crashes. many of the visitors are coming from google, when most people home and abroad search for a nigerian related topic, nairaland appears.

Nairaland is like garri that does not need advertisement
other alternatives might still pop up and can replace NL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by egopersonified(f): 7:37am On Mar 14, 2021
Nairaland is the only Nigeria site where you read an article or headline and go to the comments and find different opinions. Sometimes eye witnesses. It is toxic but it is not ending anytime soon. Even with this deterioration you are talking about nairaland views have continued to increase over the years. It's now at a peak of 11k to 12k average viewers in the last 5 mins. It will keep growing because we are not known for quality and innovation. Seun has refused to do anything about it because he is making more money as the years roll by, so why change. I am very sure he is waiting for another forum to compete then he will show us something different.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Owerri1stSon: 7:38am On Mar 14, 2021
criuze:
have you tried naijapals

only quora tops niaraland

no no i doubt, niaraland is just the best

Even the traffic from quota beats nairaland like 90 times...
Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by SocialJustice: 7:56am On Mar 14, 2021
starbuck:
Honestly, I have been nursing the idea of quitting Nairaland few days...So many kids and trolls have taken over it coupled with the recent server problems i have been experiencing too...

Maybe i will fully stick quora and Facebook at the moment..
I thought I was the one experiencing it, morning and late night, it is fast but during the day, just forget coming here.

6 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:06am On Mar 14, 2021
Nah man, you'll be stuck with nairaland for a while. There's just no competition for now, as long as you want something Nigerian.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Danhoys: 8:19am On Mar 14, 2021
If you want fun, education, and mature stupidity, entertainment, with great appreciation for intellect, I would recommend Reddit!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by dat9jaguy(m): 9:25am On Mar 14, 2021
SocialJustice:
I thought I was the one experiencing it, morning and late night, it is fast but during the day, just forget coming here.

Use a VPN to connect to the site. It becomes very fast.
Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Telegram234(m): 9:44am On Mar 14, 2021
The only thing I enjoy most on NL is the Romance section.
I don't really know what is wrong with the Mods.
Too much ban, no upgrade.
We need a chatroom, where can chat with each other faster.
Romance chatroom, sport chatroom all that.
We need a blocking button, unlike button and real emojis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by columbus007(m): 10:03am On Mar 14, 2021
Oga Op what's your bad belly for?don't just go about bellyaching for nothing sake,why going ballistic for what has come to stay already..leave that seun alone,though he feeds on our data for a leaving and he knows,its quite disrespectful when it comes to ban the same people that feeds him what nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by ITbomb(m): 10:12am On Mar 14, 2021
Owerri1stSon:

Even the traffic from quota beats nairaland like 90 times...
Only Google and maybe Facebook beats Nairaland in terms of Nigerian traffic to any website worldwide

Nairaland is like an organised or categorised Twitter where you get first hand unfiltered info before the mainstream polish it according to their whims.
And it opens pretty fast hence competitors will find it hard to kill or even imitate.

Nairaland can only kill itself by continuous banning of original content providers, slow servers, allowing much spam, altercation with State security etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Onyenna(m): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2021
All of a sudden, it’s now becoming too hard to access nairaland..... To open just a page nah WAR! Initially, I thought it was network issue till I opened other sites....

There’s something wrong somewhere......

4 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Pmedia7787: 10:15am On Mar 14, 2021
For general Nigerian things and buying cheap stuff... Nairaland

For my business,....blackhat..world.com

Gain knowledge, quora

Expand market ...Facebook

Do real advertising.. Tens of hours reading google analytics

That's how I shared it considering that 95 % income comes via this sources

God first in all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Amaechi2023(m): 11:00am On Mar 14, 2021
Danhoys:
If you want fun, education, and mature stupidity, entertainment, with great appreciation for intellect, I would recommend Reddit!!!
but that Reddit dey consume data..

2 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Uyi168: 11:06am On Mar 14, 2021
Na mouth all of una dey..

Many will claimed to have quit nl only for them to register with another moniker..

1 Like

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 14, 2021
Uyi168:
Na mouth all of una dey..

Many will claimed to have quit nl only for them to register with another moniker..

grin saw a guy make the same statement of leaving nairaland in 2017... this is 2021 and the nigga is oftentimes on front page fighting for FTC. with the same moniker oo grin

check some of them

https://www.nairaland.com/post/66038651

this one was even around as at 11am this morning
https://www.nairaland.com/125029/quit-nairaland#2122768

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Beckham14: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2021
Moderators like Mynd44 are killing this forum.. Seun needs to drop some moderators who are power drunk.

I don't care if You (Mynd44) ban me or Delete this comment.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Uyi168: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2021
House1411:

grin saw a guy make the same statement of leaving nairaland in 2017... this is 2021 and the nigga is oftentimes on front page fighting for FTC. with the same moniker oo grin

check some of them

https://www.nairaland.com/post/66038651

this one was even around as at 11am this morning
https://www.nairaland.com/125029/quit-nairaland#2122768
..just imagine..

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neco 2009 Time Table / See The Mansion Used As Government Primary School In Equatorial Guinea / How To Write A Manifesto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.