Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Any Alternatives To Nairaland - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any Alternatives To Nairaland (5325 Views)

Thanks To Nairaland. My Sister Won't Drop Out At 500level / 5 Alternatives To Gaining Admission Into A University Without JAMB / Are There Any Alternatives To WAEC And NECO Available In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by KrazyDave16(m): 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2021
Amaechi2023:
but that Reddit dey consume data..
Use Relay for Reddit and tweak the settings (reduce image quality, disable Autoplay gif/videos, etc)

Been more in it than NL since nobody wants to have sense in phone section.
What's keeping me here is tech market section.
Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by theTranslator: 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
KrazyDave16:

Bruh...

The comments section is what I love about reddit.

I frequent the tech subs (Android, iOS and PC) and the comments there when they are arguing are filled with information that you'd have to dig deeper into the web to find cos they worked in the field or dug deeper to find them.

Even those that owns those sites run AMAs.
Even NL that runs on almost same principle as reddit as you are saying its insults, overhyping irrelevant topics and false information on things in tech section.
I have my sub reddits
I don't vibe with reddit at all
Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by mu2sa2: 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
Uyi168:
Na mouth all of una dey..

Many will claimed to have quit nl only for them to register with another moniker..

Hahahahahahaha! That's my only comment.

2 Likes

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by providencia(m): 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2021
Amaechi2023:
but that Reddit dey consume data..
Login this way
Old.reddit.com

1 Like

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by mrdharkchild(m): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Teena18:
Just when I wanted to start using NL that's when I am seeing this.

Before you quit NL, check my signature wink
How about your pics
Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by budaatum: 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2021
₦100,000 Giveaway - 3/6/21 To 4/5/21

Rules of the giveaway

User with the most amount of referrals win.

Register on the forum
Get a copy of your unique referral link here - https://www.naijatab.com/account/referrals
Click on the "copy link". Share this link on your social media pages for people to register through it.
User with the most amount of referral wins - Winner will be announced on 4/5/21.
You can also monitor the amount of users you have referred HERE
This Update makes the process more transparent and also allows for more users on the forum.

https://www.naijatab.com/threads/%E2%82%A6100-000-giveaway-3-6-21-to-4-5-21-updated.4753/
Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Teena18(f): 10:29am On Mar 24, 2021
mrdharkchild:

How about your pics

Check the signature first tongue
Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by mrdharkchild(m): 10:36am On Mar 24, 2021
Teena18:

Check the signature first tongue

Ma'am, all I can c is undiluted oil perf and a phone number. Written not uploaded. What I asked is if u had a Pic uploaded, and not a Pic of undiluted oil perfs either.

Success in your business, though.
Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by xxxXXXxxx: 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
providencia:
Login this way Old.reddit.com
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by sholahokif: 10:28pm On May 18, 2021
KrazyDave16:

Use Relay for Reddit and tweak the settings (reduce image quality, disable Autoplay gif/videos, etc)

Been more in it than NL since nobody wants to have sense in phone section.
What's keeping me here is tech market section.

Anyone with reddit account with 1k Kamar?
Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by AmuRubber(m): 11:17am On Apr 22, 2022
budaatum:
In the old days you'd need to be a bit older than you need to be today to be able to afford a device and the data to log on to Nairaland, so the young and jobless were naturally excluded which ensured a certain maturity in topics and discussion. But today, teenagers can afford a device and pay for data with which to inundate Nairaland with immaturity and I'm told some even surf Nairaland for free.

In a way, it's a good thing that younger and more people can log on to Nairaland today, because they get to read intelligent stuff they'd never have had access to in the past. I mean, I never had anything like NL when I was in my 20-30s, not to talk of in my teens, when I had to rely on hardcopy books for stuff that can now be learnt for almost free on Nairaland. If anything, this makes the majority of this generation of young people so much more informed than my generation were, though in actual intelligence and understanding, the reverse is the case since this generation do not slug through books like my generation would have needed to. You can't afterall learn as much from the equivalent of tweets as you would from a book, which is obvious by the shallowness of this generations ability to reason and think. But then, that is precisely the reason for change, which Nairaland is failing to do and which is what might eventually make it go the way of the dodo. For I'm certain the older generation are bound to eventually migrate elsewhere when Nairaland is fully inundated with bet9ja and bbtits, as it seems to continually be.

But I ramble! This thread asked for alternatives, and personally, for audience, nowhere beats Nairaland, but for layout perhaps, I've found https://www.naijatab.com/, though I think it would benefit from Nairalands sections structure to the point that if I were the owner of either site, I'd consider merging, and I'd include a philosophy section because it is definitely time we begin to evolve from what we merely believe to what we perceive with our senses.

The picture is for those of you thinking of dodo.

You've said everything. There's nothing more to add.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Chadbru: 3:26am On Jan 09
"GistfulNaija" could be considered as an alternative to "Nairaland," offering a platform for discussions, news, and community interactions focused on Nigerian and global topics. Like Nairaland, GistfulNaija might serve as a hub for a wide range of subjects including politics, entertainment, technology, and general lifestyle topics, catering to a Nigerian audience and those interested in Nigerian affairs. It's important to note that the specific features and community dynamics of GistfulNaija.com would shape its identity and differentiate it from Nairaland.

Re: Any Alternatives To Nairaland by Chadbru: 5:08am On Jan 20
"I offer you fresh options. While Nairaland focuses on politics, I introduce GistfulNaija, centered on business and mutual growth."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Direction Is The Bus Going - Photo / Rhematex Consulting & Training Ltd. Cad/programming/graphics Training Are You In / Futo And Imsu Post Ume Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.