Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album (72940 Views)

Tems Wins Grammy Award For "Best Melodic Rap Performance” Category / Grammy: Burna Boy Reacts As “Twice As Tall” Album Gets Nomination / Burna Boy Wins BET Best International Act 2020 (Full List Of Winners) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by GeneralPula: 4:11am On Mar 15, 2021
Givaxy:

almost all were born in nigeria. Sade adu was born in Ibadan. sikiru adepoju was born in Oyo state and others like that

Are you trying to turn this into tribal issh again?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by dfrost: 4:14am On Mar 15, 2021
Versionite4life:
Naija to the world!

The first African to win right?

Nope. Not even the first Nigerian cheesy. Sikiru Adepoju

Congratulations Burna Boy!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by dfrost: 4:17am On Mar 15, 2021
Liposure:
he's right. Burna is the first nigerian born to ever clinch the award. Sade and seal were born and raised in diaspora. Besides both are half nigerians. Seal's mum is from brazil. Sade's dad is from the UK

Sikiru Adepoju. smiley

Let's be happy for Burna and stop all these 'who first', 'who second'. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by GeneralPula: 4:19am On Mar 15, 2021
Moneywomen17:
e pain u well. Can u post evidence that burna boy mom said she is not Yoruba. Yes burna boy father is ijaw from ahoda but his mom is Yoruba. Watch the video very well burna boy said I only speak Yoruba which is my mom language. His middle name is ebunoluwa from his mom side even nickname na oluwaburna. U just want to use by force project say Yoruba hate burns but too bad we no hate am so go and die. Yoruba blood flow through him and he associate with Yoruba speak only Yoruba as native language. Even if he is not Yoruba in anyway we still like am.

Stop responding to the dumbo..
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Basiljoe: 4:22am On Mar 15, 2021
Congrats burna.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by greypencils: 4:42am On Mar 15, 2021
All the way from 'Like to Party' to winning a Grammy, that's the life. 'Like to Party' remains evergreen for me. Congrats Burna.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by oduademon: 4:44am On Mar 15, 2021
As a Nigerian, to win the grammy, you either have to be Yoruba or be artistically connected to the Yoruba culture like Burna boy. Burma boy samples Felas song heavily and her mother used to suck Felas dych. There is rumor, with good evidence that Burba boy is Felas son.

Only Yoruboid music can win the Grammy anyway

https://m.guardian.ng/life/six-nigerians-that-have-won-grammy-awards/

We have been carrying this country for far too long. Superior intellect, superior creativity, superior everything. Up the Yoruba Nation.

7 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by SmartPolician: 4:46am On Mar 15, 2021
Versionite4life:
Naija to the world!

The first African to win right?

You say wetin?

Not at all

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 15, 2021
dared0637:

I mean you're a dirty and senseless yaribanza pig so your unbridled display of ignorance, stupidity and palpable proclivity to low IQ reasoning all unfortunately condensed into a one pathetic human form and existence doesn't come as a surprise.

Firstly before the gbo hating signals of your antennas went off, how are you sure the person you replied to is Igbo? if you were smart enough to follow up the whole trend of the conversation/banter so far, you would have immediately known the person you replied to is Edo not Igbo. But of course to drag Igbos into your insecurities dey sweet una for body. For all purpose and intents Burna might have rubbed off the yoruba mainstream culture to leverage on his music career considering his background with yorubas, he's STILL A PURE IJAW BOY from Rivers state and has never stated otherwise.

Secondly every Igbo person on this thread was celebrating with Buena boys Grammy award win, and congratulations to that effect were all in order before your daft brothers came here and messed up the thread with your tribal nonsense.

Thirdly Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is a proud Igbo woman who has tirelessly made that fact clear, so I fail to see your point here. There are yorubas in Kogi, Kwara, Niger states who are not within the SW geopolitical zone, does that make them less yoruba? and been from Delta state isn't an ethnic identity, what defines your identity is your tribe or ethnic nationality you idiot with sawdust for braincells.

When did presidency become an achievement in Nigeria? The Northerners that have been in power more than any region in Nigeria, what's the GDP of their individual states? poverty, hunger, high infant mortality rates, illiteracy, diseases and all forms of humanitarian disasters still plagues the North despite enjoying the biggest share of power in Nigerian history... OBJ that was a civilian president for 2 terms, how did his presidency make the life of the average Yoruba man any better? GEJ's hometown in Otuoke is still a very poor place, his state Bayelsa is among the lowest on the indices of sustainability and human development despite their son been a one time president... if presidency were to be the benchmark for achievement... the North would have been Dubai today!

Lastly before you talk about the crisis in Orlu which ended a good while ago as peace has been restored, remember your people are now shamelessly flooding into Benin republic as refugees while a whole governor of the state is still denying that his people are not refugees!

Stop barking like a rabid dog, you igbos are known imposters on this platform....any one with half a brain can see through you guys bvllshit.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by candygist: 4:48am On Mar 15, 2021
luminouz:

*Sighs*

You just don't have any sensë left in you. If you did, you'd know I don't give a fuq about davido or burna boy but the truth. They are both Nigerians and a win for one is a win for all, mudafucker!!!

My last reply.

It is not a win win for both. Davido should go and win his own say Hi to the Biggest artist in Nigeria. E choke

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by sylve11: 5:11am On Mar 15, 2021
Congrats................ cool
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by ikorodureporta: 5:20am On Mar 15, 2021
its all about branding. they did well in promoting their stuff..
na seun kuti i jst dey pity wey still dey stucked into fela's type of music... he shoul modify his afrobeat, make it faster, with some other genre flavour

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by feezay86: 5:25am On Mar 15, 2021
Congratulations to Burna boy
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by inumidun2010(m): 5:33am On Mar 15, 2021
Saltybear:

Shut up yoruba boy
Because wizkid and Davido weren't even norminated and won nothing you are envious

Go drink sniper na

Is your brain paining you?... You no read about Wizkid collaboration on Brown Skin Girl?..

Tribal bigot Mofo... I won't go in the myopic way of tribalism like you... Tell me one artiste in your village that was known.. all of them have to run to Yorubaland cos that's where their voices can be heard...

Anything that has the touch of YORUBA turns GOLD... Did you know that ANGELIQUE KIDJO's MUM is YORUBA... Sorry ehn... I understand your pain... OLUWABURNA to the WORLD... Ain't gat no issue with tribes... sorry, I guess you Dont know her... But do you know UMU OBILIGBO... I know them cos they are great singers and I enjoy their music.. I'm not a VILLAGE BIGOT like you

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by inumidun2010(m): 5:36am On Mar 15, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Seal and Sade Adu are British singers.

Hakeem Seriki is an American rapper.

Kelvin Olusola is an American singer.

Sikiru Adepoju was a member of a group that won a Grammy. The win is in the name of the group, not in the name of any of the group members.

Olalekan Babalola was a co-winner.

That leaves Burnaboy as the first Nigerian solo artiste to win a Grammy.

Just like saying MOSES Is an EGYPTIAN cos he grew up in the Palace.. Alaye get sense or get lost
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by inumidun2010(m): 5:39am On Mar 15, 2021
tonididdy:

You are digressing from the point you made that burna isnt the first nigerian....

... Stick to that

Who is Digressing?.. I'm just telling you, Grammy Awards is not about Singing only... I doubt if you even know the group called BTS from South korea
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 15, 2021
no doubt happy for Bburna. Only God know wetin go come of the rest of us now wey him don win the thing... the Buga go maaad.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 15, 2021
oduademon:
As a Nigerian, to win the grammy, you either have to be Yoruba or be artistically connected to the Yoruba culture like Burna boy. Burma boy samples Felas song heavily and her mother used to suck Felas dych. There is rumor, with good evidence that Burba boy is Felas son.

We have been carrying this country for far too long. Superior intellect, superior creativity, superior everything. Up the Yoruba Nation.

men, what kind of reasoning is this? May God help you really. this mentality is very disturbing..
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by igboboy775: 6:00am On Mar 15, 2021
oduademon:

After all these much touted greatness ordinary cattle rearers have chased your ancestors to refugee camps in Benin Republic grin grin grin. Better advocate for Odua Republic otherwise all this chest beating na for inside shalanga.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by AlhajiNatty(m): 6:09am On Mar 15, 2021
OLUWA BURNA
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by donforeign: 6:11am On Mar 15, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, e pain and choke you? Your fav is a fuvking brat!
.brat wet win grammy n ur local champ dey busy shout e choke . Foolish people. Ode
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by oduademon: 6:23am On Mar 15, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

men, what kind of reasoning is this? May God help you really. this mentality is very disturbing.

Bra, I have 4 likes, tells you the mentality is top-notch.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Hastala: 6:32am On Mar 15, 2021
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Sulaimon123(m): 6:41am On Mar 15, 2021
Well done oluwa burna and wizkid
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Givaxy: 6:42am On Mar 15, 2021
Saltybear:

Seems u are mad ?

Ekhun agbon ekhun elimi.
shut up oloriburuku alayebaje mashanfani omo arisukun. when a major tribe is talking, minorities like you should shut up because no one knows you in nigeria. you are inconsequential. we dig your oil, become billionaire in dollars, while your armed robber father and useless worthless senseless olosho mother wallow in poverty, worthlessness and wretchedness. we will exploit you forever whether you like it or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by wolebest: 6:43am On Mar 15, 2021
Living Legends.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Mairice125: 6:45am On Mar 15, 2021
Fedrick100:
Keep your awards and give me money

Burna boy wining grammy award doesn’t make him richer than Olamide or Don Jazzy
shut up and celebrate him
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by pius4luv(m): 6:49am On Mar 15, 2021
I’m so happy to hear that Burna boy won the Grammy award, I have learn a lot from Burna boy success ,I want u to know that anything that you are doing in this life don’t give up keep on moving .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by BLoomfrancs(m): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2021
Moneywomen17:
coming from a guy that his tribe has never smelled or near a Grammy before. U are the one posting everywhere that wizkid didn’t win any award. Thank God burna boy is Ijaw. If not we no go sleep today. Congratulation to the Ijaw boy burna boy am sure his Yoruba mom is proud of him. More Grammy to him in the future cuz he actually deserves it . Meanwhile when will ibo ever even get nominated for Grammy even if na by collaborating. Sikiru adepoju is the first Nigerian to win a Grammy. Burna boy is the first “solo artist” to win a Grammy which one has ibo won. Tell me

grin grin Lol. Should we tell him. A pitiable yoruba tribal pig who has been hiding under his tribalism cloak. I have been pushing your button for you to rear your ugly afonja head, and now that you have, I am gonna cut it off cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ode. Go and check:
1. Tyler the Creator
2. Cynthia Onyedinmanasu Chinasaokwu Erivo
And also check
3. Nkiru Jenn.

Aboki
Nkiru is full blooded Igbo sef. grin grin grin Afonja red piller.

1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Godbless3(m): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2021
nitrogen:
Lol

Davido in the mud? Anyway, I stan David and Wizzy, fuvk Burna Boy, arrogant brat!

That arrogance is what make him special and push him.
Just like messi and ronaldo are, ronaldo was a wee bit selfish, self center while messi is the opposite and they're both special.
All your siblings, family members can't have the same attribute and am sure you don't hate them all.
Apart from say burna dey arrogant, whats your problem with his music?
Its not today that entertainers starting to be arrogant and it ain't gonna end.
Ronaldo always say he is the best in the world, maradona sees himself as the greatest, we see it with boxers etc.
Ur hatred not stoping him and that arrogance is rightly pussing him to the top.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by ShaqFu: 6:58am On Mar 15, 2021
Congrats Burna Boy. I'm happy for you. It's about time music with class and substance gets recognize home and abroad.

Congrats once again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"Khalid Deflowered Me Here In Biggie's House” - Daniella Reveals (Video) / Latest Naija Songs / Who's Richer?fuji Musicians Like Pasuma And R N B Singers Like 2face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.