Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album - Music/Radio (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album (72982 Views)

Tems Wins Grammy Award For "Best Melodic Rap Performance” Category / Grammy: Burna Boy Reacts As “Twice As Tall” Album Gets Nomination / Burna Boy Wins BET Best International Act 2020 (Full List Of Winners) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 7:01am On Mar 15, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Kai, shut your mouth. 2pac and Biggie never won Grammy. Fela never won Grammy. Bob Marley never won Grammy. 2baba, James Brown etc. The list of great artists who never won Grammy is endless. Grammy is flawed just like any other award.

.. Just like any other award indeed... So the balor'd'OR is flawed also undecided

You think Grammy is the heading with its tribal bigotry.

Mbok this is a new day, just let it sink in your head that burna is the world greatest musician "so far" Out of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by femlex(m): 7:01am On Mar 15, 2021
Sir, You must not use insulting words when you want to make a point.

MrIcredible:

Stop saying rubbish
He's not the first solo artist to win.

HOW OLD ARE YOU?
I joined Nairaland in 2008.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by ogaemma: 7:08am On Mar 15, 2021
femlex:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-56393983?__twitter_impression=true

How come no one is talking about it in Nairaland. Burna Boy with his Twice as Tall Album wins Grammy. This is a bigggg deal. The First Nigeria solo Artist to win it

Not correct. Seal and Sade Adu where Nigerian solo artist that won the Grammy.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Liposure: 7:17am On Mar 15, 2021
Nychillax:

Na wizzy gat the song or na him go collect the award, wizzy no win anything na Beyonce gat the award abeg.
by virtue of featuring in the song, wizzy is a grammy winner. Beyonce can take the award home
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Zetty177x: 7:18am On Mar 15, 2021
Congrats Burna...the first Nigerian Grammy winner.. for me Wizkid's own with Beyonce is sort of because of Beyonce

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Bmuhd4smile: 7:22am On Mar 15, 2021
A big congratulations to my best artiste..... well deserved
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Angelacruz: 7:37am On Mar 15, 2021
Bad mouthh
Traviscottt:
grin..somebody go soon leave this music for una.. grin
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:50am On Mar 15, 2021
tonididdy:

Grammy is the creator reward for music.
There is no award greater than the Grammy.
To be recognized as a world great in music, you have to have won it, not only be nominated.

So if you oppose the motion that he's officially Nigeria greatest musician, then who is and why? And also have your choice being nominated for a Grammy?

to
So you mean all the songs in the world get looked at by Grammy's before they give out their award
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:52am On Mar 15, 2021
tonididdy:

.. Just like any other award indeed... So the balor'd'OR is flawed also undecided

You think Grammy is the heading with its tribal bigotry.

Mbok this is a new day, just let it sink in your head that burna is the world greatest musician "so far" Out of Nigeria.
Well... Balon d'Or is actually flawed. There are numerous examples to prove it. Just like the person you replied said, winning the Grammy is prestigious and worth celebrating no doubt. But it doesn't make you the greatest.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by YusufTheGreat: 8:02am On Mar 15, 2021
femlex:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-56393983?__twitter_impression=true

How come no one is talking about it in Nairaland. Burna Boy with his Twice as Tall Album wins Grammy. This is a bigggg deal. The First Nigeria solo Artist to win it
dont misinform the public sade Adu was the first.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by JaceBlaze: 8:04am On Mar 15, 2021
jimmychang:

At least the fart will be a talented one grin grin

Talented? undecided undecided
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by YusufTheGreat: 8:04am On Mar 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....
Bar man give me more bottles
I told you all that 2face, burna boy and wizkid are the only real niggarrrrs in the music industry....

Damnnnnn.....I am gonna smoke all night

Barman or waitress give us more bottles..
I told you all......Jesse jags........please you are the next...that niggarrrr is talented
shut up
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 8:05am On Mar 15, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:
to
So you mean all the songs in the world get looked at by Grammy's before they give out their award

All the standout musicians and their songs..... YES
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 8:07am On Mar 15, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Well... Balon d'Or is actually flawed. There are numerous examples to prove it. Just like the person you replied said, winning the Grammy is prestigious and worth celebrating no doubt. But it doesn't make you the greatest.

Haha clown

So there are greater footballers in the world ATM greater than messi and Ronaldo?
Ronaldo has conquered all Pele S's accomplishment, does that make him greater than Pele.... A BIG YES (sentiments aside pls).
... A PhD holder and a bsc holder nor be mate right?

Same apples in music and awards!

Or is there a musician in Nigeria ATM greater than burna?

What you saying nigga?
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:10am On Mar 15, 2021
inumidun2010:

Just like saying MOSES Is an EGYPTIAN cos he grew up in the Palace.. Alaye get sense or get lost

I thought I was chatting with a well mannered person.

Anyway, the record states that Sade Adu and Seal are British singers.

If they collate a list of Grammy winners by country, their names will fall under England.

This is like Algerians claiming that an Algerian has won FIFA best player award because Zinedine Zidane won the award.

Zinedine Zidane has Algerian roots, but the records state that he is a French man.

The same for Kante, and other Africans who have become citizens of other countries.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2021
tonididdy:

All the standout musicians and their songs..... YES

Do you know how many musicians have actually won the Grammy without the songs "standing out"?
Besides, if you're going to use standout you'll have to explain why 2face's African Queen and Fela's basketmouth never got a look in but Femi's song got in. Can you mention that Femi's song BTW
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2021
tonididdy:

Haha clown

So there are greater footballers in the world ATM greater than messi and Ronaldo?
Ronaldo has conquered all Pele S's accomplishment, does that make him greater than Pele.... A BIG YES (sentiments aside pls).
... A PhD holder and a bsc holder nor be mate right?

Same apples in music and awards!

Or is there a musician in Nigeria ATM greater than burna?

What you saying nigga?

So Ronaldo and Messi deserved it all the times they won the award?
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Happyfela(m): 8:16am On Mar 15, 2021
Yes actually
Agbegbaorogboye:

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 8:18am On Mar 15, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Do you know how many musicians have actually won the Grammy without the songs "standing out"?
Besides, if you're going to use standout you'll have to explain why 2face's African Queen and Fela's basketmouth never got a look in but Femi's song got in. Can you mention that Femi's song BTW
You lots keep ranting about Fela and 2face...were other world artist asleep as at the time?

There are criteria to be ticked for you to get a nomination and more boxes to be ticked so as to win a grammy.

Burna was nominated last year and lost, did he go to sleep? NO

2face sang African Queen, didn't get nominated that year, got frustrated, went to sleep and next thing sings "ifene me... Abelebe ya! ..... " Who does that grin

Burna album was recognized firstly, not any of his particular songs but his album. It was a sell out album with world class features.

If you can't beat them, join them.... GDM

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 15, 2021
Liposure:
he's right. Burna is the first nigerian born to ever clinch the award. Sade and seal were born and raised in diaspora. Besides both are half nigerians. Seal's mum is from brazil. Sade's dad is from the UK

Somebody drew my attention here. Sade Adu' s dad is not from UK. The person that wrote that his dad is from UK must be an IBO. Her dad is from ADU family in Ekiti - around Ikere Ekiti while her mother is from UK. She won the award as a Nigerian .

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 8:19am On Mar 15, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Yes they did and checked all the points there was to check, hence the reason they won it above the other footballers who you felt could have won it.

Do you think that's an ogogoro award?
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by JaceBlaze: 8:20am On Mar 15, 2021
Saltybear:

See yoruba boys everywhere angry and hating grin

Tribalism no go kill una

Go collect the grammy give wizkid na

With all his love love love songs that no body cares about
Hahahahahahahaha

Tribalism will kill you first before it does me.Look at you fuming because you assumed that my opinion about Burna boy's music had anything to do with tribe.BTW I'm not a Nigerian so I don't know no Yoruba.

Just so you know,Burna boy owes more than half of his career to the South African rapper AKA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The world would have never cared about him if AKA didn't put him over grin grin grin grin tongue grin tongue tongue cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:21am On Mar 15, 2021
Happyfela:
Yes actually
2010, Inter won a treble, Holland reached the final of the would cup sneijder was instrumental in all of this. Guess who won? Messi, whose Barca team inter beat to reach the uefa final
2013, Bayern won the treble. Ribery/Robben were the best players for the team. Guess who won? Ronaldo. Who actually ended the season with no trophies

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 8:22am On Mar 15, 2021
babaolofin:

Somebody drew my attention here. Sade Adu' s dad is not from UK. The person that wrote that his dad is from UK must be an IBO. Her dad is from ADU family in Ekiti - around Ikere Ekiti while her mother is from UK. She won the award as a Nigerian .

She won the award very unafricanly. Her sound is western and she doesn't reside in Nigeria.

When you sit back and see how hard it is to be nominated, yet alone win a Grammy with an African genre of music, while you are still based in Africa... U'd know what burna has done is extra special and I doubt if any nigerian artist in next 5years can solo win a Grammy unless burna himself again

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2021
tonididdy:

Yes they did and checked all the points there was to check, hence the reason they won it above the other footballers who you felt could have won it.

Do you think that's an ogogoro award?
What were the points and how did they fare with the points in 2010, 2012,13,14
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:25am On Mar 15, 2021
tonididdy:

She won the award very unafricanly. Her sound is western and she doesn't reside in Nigeria.

When you sit back and see how hard it is to be nominated, yet alone win a Grammy with an African genre of music, while you are still based in Africa... U'd know what burna has done is extra special and I doubt if any nigerian artist in next 5years can solo win a Grammy unless burna himself again
Burma's album was produced by Sean combs.
Angelique Kidjo had multiple Grammy awards and she sings and African genre. There are a host of African musicians who have won or being nominated for the award with African genre

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 8:25am On Mar 15, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

What were the points and how did they fare with the points in 2010, 2012,13,14

Grammys. Com will answer you that.... You lack studies that's why you argue blindly.

Your comments are sentimental, put that aside and tackle from an angle of awareness, hard work and deserved recognition.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by 3gpvids: 8:27am On Mar 15, 2021
African giant no win na this trash naim cum win
Grammy ya mad

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:27am On Mar 15, 2021
tonididdy:

Grammys. Com will answer you that.... You lack studies that's why you argue blindly.

Your comments are sentimental, put that aside and tackle from an angle of awareness, hard work and deserved recognition.

I totally agree with the angle of awareness, hardwork etc which is why I'm pointing out that Grammy is not just about the music or its popularity. Other factors come into play. If it was just music and it was an all comers affair, others would have won
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 8:29am On Mar 15, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Burma's album was produced by Sean combs.
Angelique Kidjo had multiple Grammy awards and she sings and African genre. There are a host of African musicians who have won or being nominated for the award with African genre

When you see you are loosing sense you begin digressing.

Before I continue to reply to you (if that will be necessary), tell me why we started this conversation in the first place? (Bcoz obviously you don miss road undecided)
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 8:31am On Mar 15, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

I totally agree with the angle of awareness, hardwork etc which is why I'm pointing out that Grammy is not just about the music or its popularity. Other factors come into play. If it was just music and it was an all comers affair, others would have won
It's music first and music last.
The hard word in respect is consistency in quality of sounds dished out year in, year out.

It's not the hard word of moulding cement blocks.

2face sang African Queen and went to sleep... Did burna go to sleep after loosing out last year? NO

Ps: I meant 2face went to sleep on trying to win the grrammy doesn't mean he didn't try to reciprocate a sound like the African Queen but they weren't top quality and this are flaws on the Grammy Criterium

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:31am On Mar 15, 2021
tonididdy:

You lots keep ranting about Fela and 2face...were other world artist asleep as at the time?

There are criteria to be ticked for you to get a nomination and more boxes to be ticked so as to win a grammy.

Burna was nominated last year and lost, did he go to sleep? NO

2face sang African Queen, didn't get nominated that year, got frustrated, went to sleep and next thing sings "ifene me... Abelebe ya! ..... " Who does that grin

Burna album was recognized firstly, not any of his particular songs but his album. It was a sell out album with world class features.

If you can't beat them, join them.... GDM

Why don't you find out the nomination process? What I'm saying is a lot goes into getting nominated and actually winning than just the album or song.
I'm sure you'll agree none of Burna's songs or album have struck the Nigerian music scene the way African Queen did

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Latest Naija Songs / Who's Richer?fuji Musicians Like Pasuma And R N B Singers Like 2face / 8 States With Highest Numbers Of Radio Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.