Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Can One Be A Christian At Heart? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can One Be A Christian At Heart? (614 Views)

As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Foenix: 5:26am On Mar 15, 2021
I’m have struggling with my faith for long. Born and brought up a muslims with muslims wife and children and in core northern Nigeria. But I have recently convinced myself to convert to christianity beacuse being a muslims is too hard for me to cope, as I always love moderately free lifestyle.
But how can I handle the consequences comes with it!

1. According to islam, conversion to any religion from islam the convert must be killed.
2. My wife and children will leave me.
3. My parents and relatives will deny me being their family member.
3. My friends will leave me.

And I later thought that I can’t handle the pressure of converting here in Nigeria. But for long in my mind I’ve seen myself as a Christian for my love to Jesus Christ.

BUT CAN SOMEBODY BE CHRISTIAN ONLY IN HIS MIND FOR FEAR OF BAD CONSEQUENCES?
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Foenix: 8:16am On Mar 15, 2021
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:35am On Mar 15, 2021
Foenix:

... But I have recently convinced myself to convert to christianity beacuse being a muslims is too hard for me to cope, as I always love moderately free lifestyle.

Thank God you have revealed Truly the Truth for your desire to depart from your former practice at the bolded!

Think Truly about this, if an applicant comes to you saying that he intends to leave his former employer because it was too hard, do you think that that is a good reason to employ him?

For the work of God too and the keeping of His Laws are also many but reasonable and doable, even though they require intense hardwork!
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:42am On Mar 15, 2021
Foenix:

...BUT CAN SOMEBODY BE CHRISTIAN ONLY IN HIS MIND FOR FEAR OF BAD CONSEQUENCES?

And this is why you would still not be acceptable to The Lord, for everything in this world has its corresponding consequence eg, to not eat means you will be hungry and to not sleep means you will be exhausted.

Thus, if you are not ready to forsake father, Mother, Neighbours, so called friends, relations, associations for The Lord, then you ought to stay quietly in your place!

For even self styled and self named "Christians" have not complied with This Law!
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by jesusjnr1: 9:52am On Mar 15, 2021
Foenix:
I’m have struggling with my faith for long. Born and brought up a muslims with muslims wife and children and in core northern Nigeria. But I have recently convinced myself to convert to christianity beacuse being a muslims is too hard for me to cope, as I always love moderately free lifestyle.

1. According to islam, conversion to any religion from islam the convert must be killed.

And I later thought that I can’t handle the pressure of converting here in Nigeria. But for long in my mind I’ve seen myself as a Christian for my love to Jesus Christ.

Interesting.

For me I was born into a Christian home, but when i made the decision not to just be a normal Christian but as the apostles of the bible days, the greatest opposition I faced ironically came from my own Christian family, but I was resolute and determined regardless of the consequences even if it came to death to stay the course.

Of course it didn't get to that extreme level, but I suffered a bit because of the decision i made, since It was a decision that signified that God had now taken the place of my parents as the Master of my life, so that meant that my parents were now relegated to the second place which didn't go down too well with them despite being Christians, hence their efforts to reclaim the top spot which now belonged to God.

In the process I suffered some level of persecution but i persevered and God saw me through. This is close to 20 years later obviously though your own case is on another level but it's not impossible with God.

One thing I learnt early on while I had made the decision to live the kind of life the apostles lived where it was all about God, was that even the apostle at some point denied Jesus and fled. So for them to later on now have the courage to face the extent of persecution which they did and even death head on for His own sake, meant that they definitely got some help and it wasn't just by their own power. That gave me hope that I could be able to achieve likewise, and today God has made my dreams come true and given me the kind of courage they had.

I believe that He can do the same for you if you sincerely ask for His help.

You can check out this thread of my other moniker, if it could inspire you a bit.

https://www.nairaland.com/6443340/what-happened-me-when-attempted

God bless.
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by thegods01: 11:18am On Mar 15, 2021
You can be a Christian by heart bro. Pls don't convert for the consequences is greater.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Ihedinobi3: 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
Foenix:

Hi there.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by being Christian in one's mind. If you mean whether one can hide their Christianity, then yes, in fact, it is possible.

42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: 43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
John 12:42-43 (KJV)

To be clear, the Bible teaches that faith that is so small that it is the size of a mustard seed is enough to save us (Luke 17:6). If we believe the Gospel, then we are saved (John 3:16; 1:12). Faith is an operation of the heart. It does not require any actions of any sort. Of course, if we truly believe, then there will definitely be actions that we will perform because we believe. For example, even a prayer of thanks for our salvation is a work of faith. There are definitely works, but they are not necessarily big visible actions, especially in the beginning.

God understands that the world is hostile to faith (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2). So, we can trust Him to protect us from it. In fact, there is much that the Bible says about our protection from the world.

6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
Matthew 7:6 (NKJV)

14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
John 17:14-15 (NKJV)

13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
Matthew 6:13 (NKJV)

16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. 17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. 18 You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; 20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.
21 “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. 22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. 23 When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
Matthew 10:16-23 (NKJV)

Our God knows that we are in enemy territory. So, He has made all the provision necessary for our protection for as long as we are willing to trust in Him. Of course, sometimes, He allows us to get harmed by the enemy. He allows us to be persecuted even to the point of martyrdom sometimes, but it is always for our good.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28 (NKJV)

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:31-39 (NKJV)

14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?
Hebrews 1:14 (NKJV)

7 The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him,
And delivers them.
Psalms 34:7 (NKJV)

10 Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Revelation 2:10 (NKJV)

In fact, when we are persecuted, there are great eternal rewards attached to our enduring such things without responding negatively to them (Matthew 5:11-12). The Lord is fully aware of everything that this world can or will throw at us. And He has fashioned it all to work for our own eternal benefit.

Having said this, note John 12:43. We ought to be careful of being too afraid of this world. It may be necessary to not be too forward with our faith if we live in particularly hostile territory, just as Matthew 7:6 teaches us, but if we are so afraid that we essentially stifle our faith, then we only have the Lake of Fire to look forward to.

28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew 10:28 (NKJV)

If we think that the world can harm us and therefore consider faith in Jesus Christ too costly for us, then we should keep in mind that God is capable of doing infinitely worse to us than the world can. If we keep in mind that He actually loves us infinitely more than the world is capable of doing too, then we have that much more reason to ignore the threats of the world and respond to the love and fear of God instead.

28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Matthew 10:28-31 (NKJV)

32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 10:32-33 (NKJV)

Now, it is important to keep in mind that we are not to put ourselves in unnecessary danger because of our faith. It is perfectly in keeping with the Bible for us to take common-sense measures to protect ourselves from persecution wherever it is possible for us to do so (Matthew 10:23; 2:13-15,19-22). For example, if we are able to flee from communities where Christian lives are endangered, then that is what we should do. We do not win points for endangering our lives needlessly. If it so happens that it is necessary spiritually for us to remain in a given place, then that is another matter.

Sometimes too, we may have to accommodate the wickedness of the world even if we would rather be visibly different.

17 So Naaman said, “Then, if not, please let your servant be given two mule-loads of earth; for your servant will no longer offer either burnt offering or sacrifice to other gods, but to the LORD. 18 Yet in this thing may the LORD pardon your servant: when my master goes into the temple of Rimmon to worship there, and he leans on my hand, and I bow down in the temple of Rimmon—when I bow down in the temple of Rimmon, may the LORD please pardon your servant in this thing.”
19 Then he said to him, “Go in peace.”
2 Kings 5:17-19 (NKJV)

For example, in this world, we must work for a living and also do the other things that come with being members of the human community. For example, if we choose to get married, there may be traditions and laws surrounding such things and we would be liable to adhere to them to avoid offending anybody. We would be wise to respect those traditions and laws even if we would rather not do the things that they demand. We still live in this world after all even if we are not of it.

16 Do not be overly righteous,
Nor be overly wise:
Why should you destroy yourself?
17 Do not be overly wicked,
Nor be foolish:
Why should you die before your time?
18 It is good that you grasp this,
And also not remove your hand from the other;
For he who fears God will escape them all.
Ecclesiastes 7:16-18 (NKJV)

29 But this I say, brethren, the time has been shortened, so that from now on those who have wives should be as though they had none; 30 and those who weep, as though they did not weep; and those who rejoice, as though they did not rejoice; and those who buy, as though they did not possess; 31 and those who use the world, as though they did not make full use of it; for the form of this world is passing away.
1 Corinthians 7:29-31 (NASB)

We have to live in this world. We cannot escape it, nor are we supposed to try to (1 Corinthians 5:10). It is the Lord who sets our times here in this world. We are required to respect that and live out our lives in the world in the way that we are called to. In order to do that, we may have to make some accommodation for the people among whom we live. As long as they don't demand that we throw away our faith or disobey God in some way, we can go along with them in the things that associate us with them. Consider the following example.

24 When they had come to Capernaum, those who received the temple tax came to Peter and said, “Does your Teacher not pay the temple tax?”
25 He said, “Yes.”
And when he had come into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do the kings of the earth take customs or taxes, from their sons or from strangers?”
26 Peter said to Him, “From strangers.”
Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are free. 27 Nevertheless, lest we offend them, go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first. And when you have opened its mouth, you will find a piece of money; take that and give it to them for Me and you.”
Matthew 17:24-27 (NKJV)

The Lord Jesus was under no obligation to pay the temple tax. In fact, He was the Owner of the Temple and should have been the one receiving the tax. But He decided not to make an issue of His rights and even the right thing to do so that there would be no unnecessary trouble with the authorities. This is what we see in Naaman's example above. It was his job to accompany the king wherever he went since he was the king's bodyguard. He no longer worshipped this god Rimmon, but if his master bowed down to worship while he stood, it would create an incident that may not have been to anybody's benefit. The prophet told him to go in peace because the Lord had accepted the state of his heart.

Now, this is not to say that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego much later were wrong. Naaman was a new believer who was in the king's service in a very specific way. He may not have had much choice in the matter and he certainly did not have the spiritual maturity of those three. So, the Lord accommodated him. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had a different kind of challenge. Whereas Naaman's gesture was a mere formality, the demand that Nebuchadnezzar made was for a statement of allegiance to his god. It would have been completely wrong for them to bow down in that case.

The point here is to keep in mind that sometimes, we may do things to accommodate the world around us, to avoid offending people. Those things must be things that are not clearly wrong. There are things that are morally grey, things that are neither right nor wrong in themselves but can be either depending on the state of our hearts, that is, on our individual consciences (Romans 14:23). Such things are what we mean.

If you are a Christian in a Muslim community, such as you are, your conduct should be respectful and courteous, but it need not conform universally. You need not be loud and obvious with your Christianity, but you certainly should not be a coward either. The Lord is able to protect you if He does not provide you with a way to leave your current residence. He does love you after all, and nobody can touch even a hair of your head if He does not Himself make them able to.

33 Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
Luke 17:33 (NKJV)

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)

The most important bit of advice that I can give you is that now that you have become a Christian, it is critical that you also grow spiritually (see the link). The wisdom and courage by which we can live the lives that we ought to live for God in the midst of a cunning, hostile world come by growing spiritually. So if you commit yourself to spiritual growth, you will not only become better able to navigate the dangers of being a Christian in this wicked world, you will also become more courageous about facing those dangers.

Will say a prayer for you here.

Cheers.
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
Foenix:

It depends on the kind of Christian you want to be.

If you want to be a Christian who controls his every move and ways, and cherrypicks the commandments of God He will obey, then sure, you can live in hiding, holding on to your precious life just as many others out in the world today do. undecided

However, if your desire is to become a follower of Jesus Christ Himself, then brace yourself for you are going to have to lose everything(career, job, home, money, property, etc.) in order to become a "Son of God", as Jesus Christ Himself taught. undecided

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me is not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.
Jesus Christ commands that you deny yourself( Your ego, your life, your friends, and family, your reputation, sense of self, desires, dreams, etc) if you want to become one of His own.

Matthew 16:24
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
You have to make the decision to lose everything in order to become one of His own. So what will it be? undecided
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Foenix: 5:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thank God you have revealed Truly the Truth for your desire to depart from your former practice at the bolded!

Think Truly about this, if an applicant comes to you saying that he intends to leave his former employer because it was too hard, do you think that that is a good reason to employ him?

For the work of God too and the keeping of His Laws are also many but reasonable and doable, even though they require intense hardwork!

Thank you
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by 1Sharon(f): 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
You were never a true Muslim to begin with
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Foenix: 4:47am On Mar 17, 2021
1Sharon:

How? But I was born and brought up in Islam. In fact in my whole family there’s no single Christian.

Pls try to be supportive. You may see it as a simple matter, but for me it can be suicidal.
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by 1Sharon(f): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2021
Foenix:

How? But I was born and brought up in Islam. In fact in my whole family there’s no single Christian.

Pls try to be supportive. You may see it as a simple matter, but for me it can be suicidal.

A true Muslim will not leave islam

Shaytan has you.
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2021
I told you to first find out what the word means before running to a conclusion.
The word "Muslim" means "Believer" not just someone following Muhammad, get that first.
According to Islamic scholars all those who served God from Adam to Jesus were Muslims so try to correlate that with what you're seeing today.
A believer wants to hold onto what is called FAITH therefore if he by any means find out that what was handed over to him is not true even Muhammad said "search diligently for truth even if you have to reach the end of the earth, do not relent until you find it"
So a true Muslim will always be proud of his faith not because his parents handed it over to him but because there is no other form of worship worth standing side by side in terms of righteousness! smiley

1Sharon:

Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by 1Sharon(f): 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I told you to first find out what the word means before running to a conclusion.
The word "Muslim" means "Believer" not just someone following Muhammad, get that first.
According to Islamic scholars all those who served God from Adam to Jesus were Muslims so try to correlate that with what you're seeing today.
A believer wants to hold onto what is called FAITH therefore if he by any means find out that what was handed over to him is not true even Muhammad said "search diligently for truth even if you have to reach the end of the earth, do not relent until you find it"
So a true Muslim will always be proud of his faith not because his parents handed it over to him but because there is no other form of worship worth standing side by side in terms of righteousness! smiley

The word muslim means submit and not believer

Now FOH my comment wasn't for you
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
Submit to what if not believe in God? cheesy
You quoted me first when i never thought of your comments so next time don't start what you can't finish! smiley

1Sharon:

The word muslim means submit and not believer
Now FOH my comment wasn't for you
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Ogamysamo: 10:28pm On Mar 17, 2021
let your light so shine before men not only before yourself
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by 1Sharon(f): 11:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Submit to what if not believe in God? cheesy
You quoted me first when i never thought of your comments so next time don't start what you can't finish! smiley

Muslim means submit. You goofed
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by paxonel(m): 7:37am On Mar 18, 2021
Foenix:

That is the essense of Christianity in the first place, to be a Christian at heart.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Eomans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

So, if you believe in the heart you are very good to go before God, no one will know your mind.

Then you don't need to loose your family, friends and relations simply because you didn't know you can hide your religious identity in your heart, it's a matter of simple wisdom.
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2021
OK SUBMIT your classwork to the teacher, shey? cheesy
Funny commentators! cheesy

1Sharon:

Muslim means submit. You goofed
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
paxonel:
That is the essense of Christianity in the first place, to be a Christian at heart.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Eomans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

So, if you believe in the heart you are very good to go before God, no one will know your mind.

Then you don't need to loose your family, friends and relations simply because you didn't know you can hide your religious identity in your heart, it's a matter of simple wisdom.
You are called to love God , Mind, Heart, Soul and Body - not just at Heart!
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by 1Sharon(f): 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
OK SUBMIT your classwork to the teacher, shey? cheesy
Funny commentators! cheesy

Still panicking about the apocalypse?

Funny belief
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:46pm On Mar 18, 2021
smiley
1Sharon:

Still panicking about the apocalypse?
Funny belief
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by 1Sharon(f): 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
smiley

Sucks to be you, smiling through the pain

Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2021
smiley

1Sharon:

Sucks to be you, smiling through the pain
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by 1Sharon(f): 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2021

Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26pm On Mar 18, 2021

Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by paxonel(m): 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are called to love God , Mind, Heart, Soul and Body - not just at Heart!
yes,
But love begins from the heart, from there it may or may not reflect in soul and body.
Afterall, we have some Christians who does not love their neighbors, it does not stop them from being Christians.

And since God is a spirit do we need the body to love him?
I don't think so.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

Spirit and body are two separate entity, they have nothing to do with each other
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Mar 18, 2021
paxonel:
yes,
But love begins from the heart, from there it may or may not reflect in soul and body.
I am afraid I don't know what kind of love you are speaking of here. God, however, who is Love Himself, called His followers to love Him with all their heart, mind, body, and soul, meaning that the love He calls them to is the kind they is expressed in their heart, mind, body, and soul. undecided
paxonel:
Afterall, we have some Christians who does not love their neighbors, it does not stop them from being Christians.
Well, that there are those who walk around as badge wearers does not mean God is pleased with them, does it now? After all the same God promises them Hell as their eternal abode. undecided
paxonel:
And since God is a spirit do we need the body to love him?
I don't think so.
God, the one who is Spirit, in fact, commands that of all of His followers. That is why He came down in the person of Jesus Christ to live the example of what He wants of those who will be His followers. As Jesus Christ, He lived doing His Will via His(Jesus's) heart, mind, body, and soul. If He can do that, anyone else who wants to be His follower can. undecided
paxonel:
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit
Spirit and body are two separate entity, they have nothing to do with each other
Yet you believe what Jesus Christ said when He said His own Spirit will live inside of you if you accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments? undecided
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by paxonel(m): 7:09am On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid I don't know what kind of love you are speaking of here. God, however, who is Love Himself, called His followers to love Him with all their heart, mind, body, and soul, meaning that the love He calls them to is the kind they is expressed in their heart, mind, body, and soul. undecided
yes!
But what if they express the love towards God only in their heart and not in their mind and body, it does not change anything because no one can see God physically to express a physical love for him

Well, that there are those who walk around as badge wearers does not mean God is pleased with them, does it now? After all the same God promises them Hell as their eternal abode. undecided
yes, it is true that God is not pleased with them, but for you to assume that God promises them hell for their actions, is false assumption.
Because the only justice God understand is Grace. But we humans, the justice we understand is the law.

God, the one who is Spirit, in fact, commands that of all of His followers. That is why He came down in the person of Jesus Christ to live the example of what He wants of those who will be His followers. As Jesus Christ, He lived doing His Will via His(Jesus's) heart, mind, body, and soul. If He can do that, anyone else who wants to be His follower can. undecided
my guy, no one is Jesus Christ.
We all make mistakes no matter how hard we try.

Yet you believe what Jesus Christ said when He said His own Spirit will live inside of you if you accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments? undecided
his spirit is not meant to inspire us by some supernatural means to love with our minds and body or keep the law.
His spirit in us was help us bear witness that we are sons and daughters of God inspite our sinfulness.
Again, that doesn't mean that God is pleased if we commit sin as there are consequences for every actions.
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
paxonel:
yes!
But what if they express the love towards God only in their heart and not in their mind and body, it does not change anything because no one can see God physically to express a physical love for him
yes, it is true that God is not pleased with them, but for you to assume that God promises them hell for their actions, is false assumption.
Because the only justice God understand is Grace. But we humans, the justice we understand is the law.
my guy, no one is Jesus Christ.
We all make mistakes no matter how hard we try.
his spirit is not meant to inspire us by some supernatural means to love with our minds and body or keep the law.
His spirit in us was help us bear witness that we are sons and daughters of God inspite our sinfulness.
Again, that doesn't mean that God is pleased if we commit sin as there are consequences for every actions.
None of what you have said makes sense as far as the Teachings of Jesus Christ. So? undecided
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by paxonel(m): 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
None of what you have said makes sense as far as the Teachings of Jesus Christ. So? undecided
that is to you
Re: Can One Be A Christian At Heart? by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
paxonel:
that is to you
No, I am afraid it is not me but Jesus Christ Himself whose teachings are documented in the 4 Gospels for those who accept(trust) and obey His teachings to learn from.undecided

We are not called to make this up as we go. We are called to accept(trust) and obey the teachings of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, Himself. It is really just as simple as that. His rules or you quit~ undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mbaka Apologize To Bishop, Says He Was Not Aware Of Any Vanadalization(video) / Ooni Of Ife Pays Tribute To Late Prophet TB Joshua / Scientific Evidence Against The Noah's Whole-Earth Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.