Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6170 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

Yes you did "say Atheists are immoral", and you said atheists will teach their immorality to their children!

You can continue insisting that the many people accusing you are too stupid to understand English or you yourself may learn, the choice is entirely your own.
I think we have discussed this before on this thread!

From Atheists point of view can you answer this question?
Is safe sex between unmarried people wrong as long as it is by consenting adults?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

If all of her children reason with their God given developed minds like her and her wise God filled atheist husband obviously do I would expect God to be more pleased than if they believe like you do, because they will obviously love God's other creations more than you are showing you can.
That would be luck and grace. I will certainly not keep a lion under my roof as a pet!

A wild animal can be friendly but also can be unpredictable.

I repeat: if just one of her many children turn out to be an atheist as a result of her marrying an atheist, then she has only herself to blame for her stupidity and recklessness!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

I think we have discussed this before on this thread!

From Atheists point of view can you answer this question?
Is safe sex between unmarried people wrong as long as it is by consenting adults?

Who is discussing sex with you? Would you like to claim a lot of Christians here do not have unmarried unsafe sex when even married Christians are having unsafe sex outside their marriage?

You really need to allow Christ into your mind!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

That would be luck and grace. I will certainly not keep a lion under my roof as a pet!

A wild animal can be friendly but also can be unpredictable.
Have you no shame or are you just too blind to see what you are?

Hear yourself again shamelessly immorally claiming atheists are the immoral animals!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Another thing most "Christians" forget is that Jesus Christ, in fact, declared that only those who are essentially open-minded, become like Children, even in their thinking, will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. So all those who are raised to think one way and one way only, have their chances at Heaven impeded by their indoctrinated in the act.

So what some of you call "Spiritual" parenting is nothing but "grooming for Hell".
Prov 22:6:
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Why shouldn't an atheist look for an atheist wife. Why would you want to marry a "brainwashed gullible" Christian?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

Have you no shame or are you just too blind to see what you are?

Hear yourself again shamelessly immorally claiming atheists are the immoral animals!

Buda,
I haven't called Atheists immoral but by Christian standard they are nothing less than godless fools with no iota of Godliness!
If this statement above is wrong, challenge it!

Why should I marry someone with a defective spiritual DNA?

Why does satan want to pollute the Christian family?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

Prov 22:6:
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

As in, the way to "love the neighbours", to "love the enemies", to "till the ground for their food" and cultivate Fruits of the Spirit like the op clearly does, and not just fill your child's head with the fruitless crap you create inside your own head and believe!

Damn! Can people see why Nigeria is the mess it is in if people are teaching your crap to their children?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 3:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

Buda,
I haven't called Atheists immoral but by Christian standard they are nothing less than godless fools with no iota of Godliness!

No one is telling you whom you should marry. Op simply opened a thread about his own marriage and uncharitable you jumped in with your ignorance to thrash it and him with falsehoods and lies.

In my own opinion, which I am certain you will not agree with, you are the polluter of minds here, because it is very obvious to anyone who can see whom the "godless fools with no iota of Godliness" is here.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2021
This would have been a more appropriate thread for you to go to learn.

https://www.nairaland.com/6456075/date-atheist
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

Who is discussing sex with you? Would you like to claim a lot of Christians here do not have unmarried unsafe sex when even married Christians are having unsafe sex outside their marriage?

You really need to allow Christ into your mind!
Why are you afraid of answering my question?
True Christians are not immoral!
In the church of Christ, we have both wheat and tares, we have both goats and sheep, we even have wolves, snakes and doves.

A true Christian should not even marry a Muslim not to speak of Atheists!

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

No one is telling you whom you should marry. Op simply opened a thread about his own marriage and uncharitable you jumped in with your ignorance to thrash it and him with falsehoods and lies.

In my own opinion, which I am certain you will not agree with, you are the polluter of minds here, because it is very obvious to anyone who can see whom the "godless fools with no iota of Godliness" is here.

I wish you had challenged why I called them godless fools...

I have answered the OP as clearly as possible:

shadeyinka:

The OP asked the question:
"How can the Atheist me be happily married to my Christian wife?"
I assume the marriage has already been done with the stupid or non-practicing Christian wife. Then,
1. Renounce atheism truthfully and if it is not possible, then be purely non-evangelistic agnostic
2. Deliberately refraining from teaching or promoting atheism with or before the children.
3. Respect her faith and encourage her to practice her faith with all her children
4. Loving her and accepting her

The above are the answer but there are a number of issues.
1. If I was an atheist, I wouldn't renounce my atheism except by personal conviction.
2. Even though there are some non-evangelistic Atheists, it is impossible for an atheist not to justify their choice of atheism. Such justifications will be presented from the angle of superior argument (this is evangelism)
3. It is virtually impossible not to justify why daddy doesn't go to church with the children. Other children's daddy are in church every Sunday.
4. It may be possible for an atheist to respect the faith of his wife. However, except he's a deadbeat dad, he must present life and existence from the point of view of atheism.
5. It is possible for an atheist to love his wife.

Except for 5. The others are difficult if not impossible to keep.
It is understandable if the husband deconverted to Atheism after marriage BUT it is stupidity or selfishness for a Christian to choose to marry an atheist.

A war of ideology is a war of attrition. Religion/Atheism are ideologies: why would a sane person start a preventable error.
This above replies the Atheist who finds himself married to a Christian wife
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
JWs don't have all these headaches, just know that as one of JWs the best place to search for a future partner is within the group, you can then choose from any part of the earth but just make sure that it's within the same faith so both of you can work out your matrimony together despite the critical times that's difficult to deal with in this last days {2Timothy 3:1-5} you can still enjoy your marriage! 2Timothy 3:17 smiley

budaatum:
This would have been a more appropriate thread for you to go to learn.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by eomajeh: 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
Looking at people's comments in this thread, I cannot but fall in love with my wife all over again.

Some really think she is spiritually weak for loving and marrying an atheist, but i look at her and see a STRONG woman. It takes immense strength to beat the stereotyping.

Some asks why i didn't look for an atheist to get married to. I sure did not look for a Christian... I instead looked for a good PERSON - someone with good morals, good values, and balanced judgement. And when i found her; it didn't matter to me that she didn't pray, or that she prayed kneeling down or bending over. We're just a few days short of our 7th wedding anniversary; and it couldn't have been better.

So, to those who think she is spiritually weak, or that i have a spiritually defective DNA, it will mean that "Spiritually weak + spiritually defective DNA = marital bliss". Forgive the pun, but my people, can't we look at people for what they are

2 Likes

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

As in, the way to "love the neighbours", to "love the enemies", to "till the ground for their food" and cultivate Fruits of the Spirit like the op clearly does, and not just fill your child's head with the fruitless crap you create inside your own head and believe!

Damn! Can people see why Nigeria is the mess it is in if people are teaching your crap to their children?
It is the responsibility of parents to duplicate their image in their children. Your gullible mind think it is sufficient to be good to attain the highest goal of a Christian (of which you trivialise). Why should a Christian supervise how his children will go to hell because of like love?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
The highlighted is your target so instead of saying you married a Christian just say you married a good person (judging from your own point of view). Because a true Christian will never date an atheist talkless getting married to one!

eomajeh:
Looking at people's comments in this thread, I cannot but fall in love with my wife all over again.

Some really think she is spiritually weak for loving and marrying an atheist, but i look at her and see a STRONG woman. It takes immense strength to beat the stereotyping.

Some asks why i didn't look for an atheist to get married to. I sure did not look for a Christian... I instead looked for a good PERSON - someone with good morals, good values, and balanced judgement. And when i found her; it didn't matter to me that she didn't pray, or that she prayed kneeling down or bending over. We're just a few days short of our 7th wedding anniversary; and it couldn't have been better.

So, to those who think she is spiritually weak, or that i have a spiritually defective DNA, it will mean that "Spiritually weak + spiritually defective DNA = marital bliss". Forgive the pun, but my people, can't we look at people for what they are?

This is where all others got stuck!
Only JWs knew that you can be nice, kind and generous but still not fit for everlasting life! smiley
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:
Why shouldn't an atheist look for an atheist wife. Why would you want to marry a "brainwashed gullible" Christian?
Why should an atheist be restricted when it comes to whom he/she can marry? Did God somehow make a rule against atheists marrying whomever they please?undecided

I am a follower of Jesus Christ - I stick to the Truth as taught by Jesus Christ Himself - and I am not a "brainwashed gullible" Christian. None of my old friends, many of whom remain atheists to this day, think of me as a "brainwashed gullible" Christian. So? undecided
shadeyinka:
Prov 22:6: "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
As part of the Old Covenant, God Himself commanded His people to teach His laws, which He gave through to Moses, to their children.

Deuteronomy 6 vs 6-9 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. Always remember these commands that I give you today.
7. Be sure to teach them to your children. Talk about these commands when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road. Talk about them when you lie down and when you get up.
8. Tie them on your hands and wear them on your foreheads to help you remember my teachings.
9. Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates.
He instructed them to talk about the commandments wherever they gather, write it on their hands, doorposts, everywhere.

Deuteronomy 11 vs 18-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18. “Remember these commands I give you. Keep them in your hearts. Write them down and tie them on your hands and wear them on your foreheads as a way to remember my laws.
19. Teach these laws to your children. Talk about these things when you sit in your houses, when you walk along the road, when you lie down, and when you get up.
20. Write these commands on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates.
21. Then both you and your children will live a long time in the land that the Lord promised to give to your ancestors. You will live there as long as the skies are above the earth.
And as is customary with men, you tell him to do A, man will do Z. The people of course added their own "spin" to the laws of God and even threw in the kitchen table, pots and cups into their telling of the laws to their children, instead of indoctrinating generations, leading to their abandonment of the way of God, in some cases, entirely( Jesus Christ railed against the so-called teachers of the law on this in His teachings).

God then announced through His prophets that He was going to bring a new deal to His people, and in the new deal, He alone would teach His people of Himself.

Isaiah 53 vs 13-15 (ERV)
13. I, the Lord, will teach your children, and they will have real peace.
14. You will be built on goodness. You will be safe from cruelty and fear. So you will have nothing to fear. Nothing will come to hurt you.
15. I will never send anyone to attack you. And if any army tries to attack you, you will defeat them.
No longer would a man have to teach his neighbor or brothers about God - God Himself will do the teaching Himself and Himself alone.

Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 (ERV)
31. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32. not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
33. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
When Jesus Christ, the New Covenant promised us, arrived He Himself declared again, that He and He alone is Teacher to all of His - none of His followers is to set themselves as teachers over those who belong to Him.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
This He made clear in His final instructions to His followers when He sent them out to go teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, that which He taught them(no modifications of any kind), to the world.

Mark 16 vs 15-18 (ERV)
15. He said to them, “Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to everyone.
16. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But those who do not believe will be judged guilty.
17. And the people who believe will be able to do these things as proof: They will use my name to force demons out of people. They will speak in languages they never learned.
18. If they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be hurt. They will lay their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
So, if you think that you can "train" your children into becoming followers of Jesus Christ, I am afraid you are thoroughly deceived. It is that or God is a LIAR and Jesus Christ His grand deception!. undecided

So, if you want your children to have real peace, as God Himself said, and not that imaginary peace many of the religious folks out there walk around with, I suggest you get to accepting(trusting) and obeying the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ so that the Light of Jesus Christ can shine through you and be seen by your loved ones and those around you, as Jesus Christ commanded. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:
Why are you afraid of answering my question? True Christians are not immoral!
According to Jesus Christ, those who are true to Him are those who accept(trust) and obey His teachings, avoiding the plague that is the doctrine and traditions(commandments) of men.
shadeyinka:
In the church of Christ, we have both wheat and tares, we have both goats and sheep, we even have wolves, snakes and doves.
Jesus Christ, the one who told you the parable of the wheat and tares, also told you of how the tares will not be separated from the wheat until after the Sower returns to harvest His crop.

Matthew 13 vs 24 - 30 (ERV)
24. Then Jesus used another story to teach them. Jesus said, “God’s kingdom is like a man who planted good seed in his field.
25. That night, while everyone was asleep, the man’s enemy came and planted weeds among the wheat and then left.
26. Later, the wheat grew, and heads of grain grew on the plants. But at the same time the weeds also grew.
27. Then the man’s servants came to him and said, ‘You planted good seed in your field. Where did the weeds come from?’
28. “The man answered, ‘An enemy planted weeds. The servants asked, ‘Do you want us to go and pull up the weeds?’
29. “He answered, ‘No, because when you pull up the weeds, you might also pull up the wheat.
30. Let the weeds and the wheat grow together until the harvest time. At the harvest time I will tell the workers this: First, gather the weeds and tie them together to be burned. Then gather the wheat and bring it to my barn.’”
That is Jesus Christ there telling you, let the weeds and the wheat grow together ....
shadeyinka:
Jesus Christ, the one who is master over the one you call "a true Christian" never instructed that His followers separate themselves from those whom you tag "tares". Learn from Jesus Christ!undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:
I was myself, not long ago, one of those that you call "godless fools with no iota of Godliness". Obviously, God who Himself called out to me, does not agree with you. God accepts your challenge and throws me at your religion!undecided
shadeyinka:
You really believe your so-called "spiritual" DNA is any better than that of an atheist?undecided

shadeyinka:
By your own admission, your family is "trained" by you in the things of God, and not by God Himself as He stated it should be in His New Covenant. Since the belief is that Satan goes against what God says, are you certain you are not yourself "Satan" in this case as far as your "Christian family" is concerned? undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:
I guess you expect a direct teaching of Christ Jesus on every conceivable theme and topic on earth? The scriptures give principles for living. Since Jesus didn't directly teach about smoking marijuana or snorting cocaine, does it make is acceptable?
Back when I was still sick, I was seriously considering the use of "magic mushrooms" in the treatment of my illness. These mushrooms are no different from the herbs that many of you pop in your agbo bottles to drink - they are natural even, but to many of you, the mere mention of "magic mushrooms" sends you into a religious frenzy of sorts.

Today, magic mushrooms are deemed acceptable treatment for the illness I had and even marijuana is widely used in hospitals around the world to treat pain and a whole slew of problems. Who knows, a couple of years from now, Cocaine would be found useful in the treatment of some disorder of one kind or another.

There is another such herb(Ibogaine it is called) that is today banned in most developing countries. This herb has been shown useful in successfully curing addictions by shamans and local herbalists in places like Africa, Asia, and even Mexico. There are documented cases of individuals who struggled with addiction to various substances for many years, suddenly quitting completely. However, because Pharmaceutical companies have yet to realize how they can make gain from it, they continue to speak against this wonder plant.

God gave it all to man and said it was all good. Jesus Christ, in His teaching, made it clear to you that it is not what you eat that makes you unclean. So, if God Himself declares that it is all Good and Jesus Christ says it is not what you eat that makes you unclean either. So, who decides if it is acceptable or not?
shadeyinka:
Christ didn't teach that Christians should not interact or alienate themselves from the world. He taught that Christians should not join themselves to the world. Marriage is the strongest form of bond between individuals on earth.

2Cor 6:15:
"What concord hath Christ with Belial? or what portion hath a believer with an unbeliever?"
Jesus Christ did not say what is written there in 2 Corinthians 6 vs 15 at all. That is not the teaching of Jesus Christ but a doctrine attributed to the person of Paul instead. shocked
Nowhere in His teaching does Jesus Christ command His disciples to "separate" themselves in any way from the people of the world which He sent them into. And according to Jesus Christ, your marriages are themselves of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. So whatever way you chose to describe your bonds, it is of this world, and remains that way since it does not belong in the Kingdom of God.
shadeyinka:
1. As an atheist, would you impart your spiritual values on your children or not? Won't you teach and indoctrinate your children that God (the foundation of the Christian faith) is but a fairytale?
An atheist has no "spiritual" values to impart in the first place. undecided
As a follower of Jesus Christ, I would also not impart any "spiritual" values on my children either, because that is against the commandment of Jesus Christ. Instead, I would let the light of Jesus Christ shine through me to all those who are around me, children included, by accepting(trusting) and obeying the commandments of God in my own walk.
shadeyinka:
2. In a good marriage, do you expect that a husband and wife have opposing CORE values with respect to children's upbringing
I have seen many a married couples with supposedly opposing core values who still somehow make it work? Jesus Christ did not give His followers any rules as far as marriage is concerned. Instead, His one instruction is that divorce(without evidence of adultery) is adultery itself. undecided
shadeyinka:
3. For a Christian, the most important thing (Core Life Objective) them is "making heaven"
Mar 8:36:
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Do you think she should care if her children also make heaven with her?
Fact - None of your children will ever make heaven because of you. undecided
Don't you hear what Jesus Christ tells you about this deal He offers you? You cannot, through your direct interference in the lives of anyone, aid such a one in making Heaven. The only person who can determine whether you will make heaven is you and only you! undecided
shadeyinka:
4. Will her marriage to a man with an opposite value to this be wisdom on her part?
Christ did not teach being yoked together with an unbeliever. What agreement is their between a child of God and the devil?
2Cor 6:15:
"And what agreement has the Anointed with Belial?
Jesus Christ did not come to give you "values" but instead a Contract to which you bind yourself(not your children or your family) to when you enter into it.

Christ never taught you anything about not being yoked with an unbeliever either. Stop confusing Paul with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the one whose teachings we are called to trust and obey. Any other teaching that contradicts or seeks to add to His is not of Him.
shadeyinka:
I won't blame an atheist who desires to marry a true Christian. I will however condemn a true Christian who for the sake of love alone married an atheist. Scripturally, the husband has power over her. If he says" don't go to church", it is rebellion if she still goes. Her worship is questionable! What about her children? Why should I open my eyes to marry a person that has a serious genetic defect?
Well, just so you know. Jesus Christ did not call you to condemn anyone on His behalf, not even their marriage decisions. So, God does not have a hand in what you have decided to do there. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

Your lack of knowledge is astounding. Your lack of desire to learn is more troubling. Like a typical believer, becoming a child is as difficult for you as it is for a camel to enter the eye of a needle.

Do you understand the significance of the following?

9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
John 4:9-10 New International Version (NIV)

Do you at all know what the following is demanding you do?

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:43-48 New International Version (NIV)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 8:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

Why are you afraid of answering my question?
True Christians are not immoral!

Is it not immoral to bear false witness, shadeyinka? Is it not false witness to mischaracterise the op and his wife as you did in this thread?

Oh. I get it. You are not a Christian, or you would not have acted immorally!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by lilvicky68(m): 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
Everyone has aired his/her opinion and is right in their own manner..If I must marry an atheist it's either she converts me or I convert her..but at the end I think love covers all and the children will still be okay..If you take a look at some pastors children eh..you will understand that it's not by being Christian but it's by having a plain heart and doing good..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2021
lilvicky68:
Everyone has aired his/her opinion and is right in their own manner..If I must marry an atheist it's either she converts me or I convert her..but at the end I think love covers all and the children will still be okay..If you take a look at some pastors children eh..you will understand that it's not by being Christian but it's by having a plain heart and doing good..

lilvicky68, I am going to let you be the teacher and I the student who has learnt that my opinion has been aired. Thank you.

Do let me know how the reading/listening is going.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by lilvicky68(m): 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

lilvicky68, I am going to let you be the teacher and I the student who has learnt that my opinion has been aired. Thank you.

Do let me know how the reading/listening is going.

Seriously I've not even finished chapter1..but I will still try sha..love the way you dish out the scriptures sha..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
lilvicky68:

Seriously I've not even finished chapter1..but I will still try sha..love the way you dish out the scriptures sha..

Please do not rush. I started Genesis last year and I have still not finished the OT because I read every chapter like 4-5 times, and even then I'm always learning something new.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by lilvicky68(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

Please do not rush. I started Genesis last year and I have still not finished the OT because I read every chapter like 4-5 times, and even then I'm always learning something new.
Wow..there always something new to learn from the word..
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

Is it not immoral to bear false witness, shadeyinka? Is it not false witness to mischaracterise the op and his wife as you did in this thread?

Oh. I get it. You are not a Christian, or you would not have acted immorally!
You may ascribe whatever you want to what I have said...does it matter?
It is worthless statements, empty and without content. You do not even seem to know the meaning of false witness with all your readings. I suspect you are prone to Taqqiya and I am not surprised!

I know that as usual, you wouldn't answer these questions because it betrays your shallowness
1. Is morality objective or subjective?
2. What is the standard of morality for Atheists?
3. Is sex before marriage between consenting adults moral or immoral?

If you cannot justly and truthfully answer these questions, your comments are at best ramblings of empty barrels!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
budaatum:

Your lack of knowledge is astounding. Your lack of desire to learn is more troubling. Like a typical believer, becoming a child is as difficult for you as it is for a camel to enter the eye of a needle.

Do you at understand the significance of the following?

9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
John 4:9-10 New International Version (NIV)

Do you at all know what the following is demanding you do?

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:43-48 New International Version (NIV)

You have said nothing of value here Buda. My lack of knowledge is outstanding but you forget that fool is always wise in his own eyes.

You quote the Scriptures like only satan can. Didn't he assure Jesus of his protection by angels if he jumped down from the top of the temple?

Love your neighbor doesn't mean partaking or promoting the lawlessness of sons of Belial!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Back when I was still sick, I was seriously considering the use of "magic mushrooms" in the treatment of my illness. These mushrooms are no different from the herbs that many of you pop in your agbo bottles to drink - they are natural even, but to many of you, the mere mention of "magic mushrooms" sends you into a religious frenzy of sorts.

Today, magic mushrooms are deemed acceptable treatment for the illness I had and even marijuana is widely used in hospitals around the world to treat pain and a whole slew of problems. Who knows, a couple of years from now, Cocaine would be found useful in the treatment of some disorder of one kind or another.

There is another such herb(Ibogaine it is called) that is today banned in most developing countries. This herb has been shown useful in successfully curing addictions by shamans and local herbalists in places like Africa, Asia, and even Mexico. There are documented cases of individuals who struggled with addiction to various substances for many years, suddenly quitting completely. However, because Pharmaceutical companies have yet to realize how they can make gain from it, they continue to speak against this wonder plant.

God gave it all to man and said it was all good. Jesus Christ, in His teaching, made it clear to you that it is not what you eat that makes you unclean. So, if God Himself declares that it is all Good and Jesus Christ says it is not what you eat that makes you unclean either. So, who decides if it is acceptable or not?
Jesus Christ did not say what is written there in 2 Corinthians 6 vs 15 at all. That is not the teaching of Jesus Christ but a doctrine attributed to the person of Paul instead. shocked
Nowhere in His teaching does Jesus Christ command His disciples to "separate" themselves in any way from the people of the world which He sent them into. And according to Jesus Christ, your marriages are themselves of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. So whatever way you chose to describe your bonds, it is of this world, and remains that way since it does not belong in the Kingdom of God.
An atheist has no "spiritual" values to impart in the first place. undecided
As a follower of Jesus Christ, I would also not impart any "spiritual" values on my children either, because that is against the commandment of Jesus Christ. Instead, I would let the light of Jesus Christ shine through me to all those who are around me, children included, by accepting(trusting) and obeying the commandments of God in my own walk.
I have seen many a married couples with supposedly opposing core values who still somehow make it work? Jesus Christ did not give His followers any rules as far as marriage is concerned. Instead, His one instruction is that divorce(without evidence of adultery) is adultery itself. undecided
Fact - None of your children will ever make heaven because of you. undecided
Don't you hear what Jesus Christ tells you about this deal He offers you? You cannot, through your direct interference in the lives of anyone, aid such a one in making Heaven. The only person who can determine whether you will make heaven is you and only you! undecided
Jesus Christ did not come to give you "values" but instead a Contract to which you bind yourself(not your children or your family) to when you enter into it.

Christ never taught you anything about not being yoked with an unbeliever either. Stop confusing Paul with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the one whose teachings we are called to trust and obey. Any other teaching that contradicts or seeks to add to His is not of Him.
Well, just so you know. Jesus Christ did not call you to condemn anyone on His behalf, not even their marriage decisions. So, God does not have a hand in what you have decided to do there. undecided
I do not know what you are up to, but if I can summarize, they are
1. Christians shouldn't care about the spiritual state of the person they want to marry even if they are Atheists.
2. Christians should not worry about the spiritual knowledge acquired by their children even though their spouse teach them to be godless as somehow, they can find their path to God.
3. Christians can take any hard drugs as long as they can justify that it is for medicinal purposes. Of course, it's not what you eat that makes one unclean!
4. As a follower of Jesus Christ, I would also not impart any "spiritual" values on my children because that is against the commandment of Jesus Christ

I am still shaking my head in awe!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I was myself, not long ago, one of those that you call "godless fools with no iota of Godliness". Obviously, God who Himself called out to me, does not agree with you. God accepts your challenge and throws me at your religion!undecided
Ps 14:1:
The fool has said in his heart, There is no God.

Isn't an atheist godless?

Combine these two, you arrive at "godless fools"!

Kobojunkie:

You really believe your so-called "spiritual" DNA is any better than that of an atheist?undecided
Are Atheists sons of God? Do they have the spiritual DNA of God?

John 1:12:
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"

Have Atheists received the Power to be sons of God (spiritual DNA)?

Kobojunkie:

By your own admission, your family is "trained" by you in the things of God, and not by God Himself as He stated it should be in His New Covenant. Since the belief is that Satan goes against what God says, are you certain you are not yourself "Satan" in this case as far as your "Christian family" is concerned? undecided
I do not need to respond to "senselessness"!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 10:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, those who are true to Him are those who accept(trust) and obey His teachings, avoiding the plague that is the doctrine and traditions(commandments) of men.
Jesus Christ, the one who told you the parable of the wheat and tares, also told you of how the tares will not be separated from the wheat until after the Sower returns to harvest His crop.

That is Jesus Christ there telling you, let the weeds and the wheat grow together ....
Jesus Christ, the one who is master over the one you call "a true Christian" never instructed that His followers separate themselves from those whom you tag "tares". Learn from Jesus Christ!undecided
The wheat and tares are true children of God AND pseudo children of God. They look alike but they do not have the same DNA!
The parable isn't about children of God versus anti-Christs.

Do true children of God and Atheists look alike with respect to God?

I don't know where you learned your bible!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
shadeyinka:

I do not know what you are up to, but if I can summarize, they are
1. Christians shouldn't care about the spiritual state of the person they want to marry even if they are Atheists.
Only God is able to see into the heart of another to know their "Spiritual" state. You cannot see a person's "spiritual state".

Jeremiah 17 vs 9-10 (ERV)
9. “Nothing can hide its evil as well as the human mind. It can be very sick, and no one really understands it.
10. But I am the Lord, and I can look into a person’s heart. I can test a person’s mind and decide what each one should have. I can give each person the right payment for what they do.
Go ask the 10's of millions of so-called Christians who taught they married a fellow Christian only to realize that they married someone no different from their own selves in cunning and deceit.
shadeyinka:
2. Christians should not worry about the spiritual knowledge acquired by their children even though their spouse teach them to be godless as somehow, they can find their path to God.
God Himself told you through His very prophets that you should not concern yourself with such things. He, God, is Spirit, and He has told you that He will teach His children of the things of the Spirit in this New Covenant.

Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 (ERV)
31. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32. not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
33. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
Do you not trust your own God?undecided
shadeyinka:
3. Christians can take any hard drugs as long as they can justify that it is for medicinal purposes. Of course, it's not what you eat that makes one unclean!
I never said Christians should take any hard drugs. Teaching your children to stay away from hard drugs is common sense and has nothing to do with their being "Christians".
My response there was instead to get you thinking about the question you had asked me of whose decision it was or something like . undecided
shadeyinka:
4. As a follower of Jesus Christ, I would also not impart any "spiritual" values on my children because that is against the commandment of Jesus Christ
I am still shaking my head in awe!
You are flesh and blood... you cannot impart anything that belongs to the Spirit of God to anyone. You are not built for such. However, the teachings of Jesus Christ are all you can teach others for His teachings are Spirit, just as He taught them, mind you(any modification results in a lie).
All this boils down to one thing... Do you trust the word of the one you call God or do you instead trust in your own gut feelings and not in God? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Which One Is Better? Deeper Life, Redeem, Winners Chapel. / Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim? / Spirit: Your Experience/Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.