Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,145 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6173 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by lilvicky68(m): 11:43am On Mar 19, 2021
budaatum:

Trust me, me too. But once, soldiers no gree and just de beat me with gun as I stood there, and once someone just wanted to fight by force. I was young then so only took 3 slaps till I gave him a bloody nose.

These days no one wants to slap buda, but if they do I just look at them with one kind eye and they don't at all bother lifting their hand.
Lol.. that kind eye ehn.. very dangerous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 11:53am On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

This is WISDOM for living successfully as a Christian!

Will you keep a puff adder or a gaboon viper pet in your home?
I am sure the bible is not against Christians keeping pets
God Himself is Wisdom and anything that is not of God is not of God's wisdom but man's idea of wisdom. undecided

God has not commanded you to separate yourself from the world- He said that He Himself will take care of you as you go INTO the World. You should learn to trust everything to Him -take Him at His Word - rather than thinking it is up to you to make your "Christian" walk a success by your own power and might. undecided

The choice is yours as far as the keeping of pets - has nothing to do with God or Jesus Christ. There are homes were children are raised alongside those very same animals that you deem dangerous to you without qualms. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God Himself is Wisdom and anything that is not of God is not of God's wisdom but man's idea of wisdom. undecided

God has not commanded you to separate yourself from the world- He said that He Himself will take care of you as you go INTO the World. You should learn to trust everything to Him -take Him at His Word - rather than thinking it is up to you to make your "Christian" walk a success by your own power and might. undecided

The choice is yours as far as the keeping of pets - has nothing to do with God or Jesus Christ. There are homes were children are raised alongside those very same animals that you deem dangerous to you without qualms. undecided
Why do you think God forbade the children of Israel from marrying the Cananites?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
lilvicky68:

Me i won't turn the other cheek oh..I no want my face to swell abeg I will just walk away..
I had a talk with someone else about this some days ago, and I got a similar response. In fact, the other tried to suggest that in fact Jesus Christ did not expect us to take that command literally.
Then I brought in the story of Stephen and Paul as written of in the book of Acts. When Stephen was attacked by enemies, he too could have run away or shouted for help but he didn't.

Now, if Jesus Christ had indeed meant we could just walk away or defend ourselves as many think, then what Stephen did would have been considered a direct disobedience of Jesus Christ's commandments and his death at the hands of this men would have been for nothing.

But we all know that Stephen in fact obeyed the commandment given by Jesus Christ which is that when attacked by the enemy, we resist the natural urge to defend ourselves or walk away and let God "handle" the situation His way.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by lilvicky68(m): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I had a talk with someone else about this some days ago, and I got a similar response. In fact, the other tried to suggest that in fact Jesus Christ did not expect us to take that command literally.
Then I brought in the story of Stephen and Paul as written of in the book of Acts. When Stephen was attacked by enemies, he too could have run away or shouted for help but he didn't.

Now, if Jesus Christ had indeed meant we could just walk away or defend ourselves as many think, then what Stephen did would have been considered a direct disobedience of Jesus Christ's commandments and his death at the hands of this men would have been for nothing.

But we all know that Stephen in fact obeyed the commandment given by Jesus Christ which is that when attacked by the enemy, we resist the natural urge to defend ourselves or walk away and let God "handle" the situation His way.
Sha my name no be Stephen or Paul..I go waka

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

Why do you think God forbade the children of Israel from marrying the Cananites?
God said a lot of things to those of the Kingdom of Israel and those can be found on the Old Covenant Laws of that land.

However, you profess to belong to a different Kingdom, the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom with a different set of Laws, from that other Kingdom. So try to stick to the rules of the land you claim to belong to. undecided

Shifting between Old Covenant and New Covenant Laws is akin to trying to following Nigerian Law while living in the UK. It will never work. If you live in and intend to continue living in the UK, learn and live by UK Laws. And if Nigeria is instead where your heart is, move back there and live according to the Law of the Land. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

All Scriptures point to the same message.

Luk 24:27:
"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself."

Mat 10:28:
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

God can kill the Body and then after still kill the soul of man.

Death is not a state of unconsciousness: it is a state of conscious bodiless existence

First, All scriptures do not point to the same message. That lie is of men and not of God. God gave you His Word and not scripture.

As I have repeated many times before now, Death that God judged man with is not a state of unconsciousness or business existence. What you describe there might as well be called sleep. Death that God Himself condemned Adam and all unbelievers to is a ceasing of one's very existence - complete destruction of body and soul.

P.S. When God created Man, He did not create Him with an immortal body or soul. And since Man did not eat of the fruit of the Tree of Life, it meant that when he, Man, died, like God said, he, Man, without God, ceased to be.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2021
budaatum:

First, let me surprise you.

Now, a rephrase of your question, if I may, since I am not a Christian.

Why is buda's understanding of the Bible different from most christians?

For me, the answer is objectivity. And an ability to read. And an undying atheistic ability to disbelieve. And the obedience to the gnostic doctrine of "ask and seek and knock with all your heart and soul and mind and being, and even after you think you might have found, keep on seeking till your last breathe".

Some go looking for a God, you see, but I do not need to because it is written in a book I can see and read that [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A27&version=NIV]God created an image[/url] I can see when God breathed into mud and made you, I read, a child or creation at least, of the Most High, who's greatest law is [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+22%3A36-40&version=NIV]Love Wisdom[/url] - a gnostic understanding of the word "God", and who's second law is "[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+13%3A34-35&version=NIV]Love one another[/url], of whom Christ, the Words in a Book, reads "inasmuch as I have done for those here whom I see, the Gods in heaven whom I see not are pleased".

The whole book basically teaches how to love you, and I just happen to have this one belief that loving you reduces the hateful people by one therefore making the world a tiny bit of a better place, which I think is worth doing since I will be spending three score and ten years in it, so why be a hateful buttho I say, and if that ain't good enough for the Gods, they can collectively kiss my butt when it arrives in their presence to be judged.

P.s. What I love about this thread is that atheist eomajeh is more Christ like than buttho "Christians".
It's amazing that you see the difference in purely on the subject of difference in objectivity between homegrown Christians and recent converts.

People like Buda an Kobo probably came to Christianity purely from an intellectual point of view. Their recent conversion means that they didn't go through the normal phases of Christian growth. It's like a person who never went through both primary and secondary school but somehow learnt calculus, algebra and trigonometry. If he is given a job to teach JSS1 students, he would teach them
unconventionally.

For me, I went through several stage
1. Accepting of bible stories as they are for entertainment
2. Spoonfed with difficult and boring doctrines
3. Slow comprehension of the doctrine of Christ enough for making a personal decision for Jesus
4. Backsliding from the faith
5. Returning back to faith this time around with a direct living relationship with God
6. Study and comprehension of doctrines
7. Study of other faiths and doctrines
8. Service to God
9. Stability through experience

I may not have been concise with these but someone like me is independent of official church doctrines except they agree with my personal conviction and comprehension. Someone like Max however follows every official church doctrines and positions.

Kobo and Buda do not see Atheists as sick: I see Atheists as spiritually sick.
Kobo and Buda think that I hate Atheists, but no! Not one bit but I acknowledge their sickness and would not want anyone to be INFECTED by their sickness.

There are consequences for marrying a sick person, you are not asking if the sacrifice is worth it!
There are consequences for marrying an atheist, you are not asking if such a sacrifice is worth it!

A Christian is daily waring against the societal forces, demonic forces, natural events and his fleshly desires. You think it is wise to add a major fault to it my marrying an atheist!?

Why do you think God commanded the children of Israel not to marry from amongst the Cananites?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
First, All scriptures do not point to the same message. That lie is of men and not of God. God gave you His Word and not scripture.

As I have repeated many times before now, Death that God judged man with is not a state of unconsciousness or business existence. What you describe there might as well be called sleep. Death that God Himself condemned Adam and all unbelievers to is a ceasing of one's very existence - complete destruction of body and soul.

P.S. When God created Man, He did not create Him with an immortal body or soul. And since Man did not eat of the fruit of the Tree of Life, it meant that when he, Man, died, like God said, he, Man, without God, ceased to be.
I am not understanding you.

If the body of man dies, what happens to his soul?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

I am not understanding you.

Again, Death means destruction of both body and soul. That is the Death that Jesus Christ saved(Salvation) you from - the Death that God Himself condemned all those who do not believe in Him to. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God said a lot of things to those of the Kingdom of Israel and those can be found on the Old Covenant Laws of that land.

However, you profess to belong to a different Kingdom, the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom with a different set of Laws, from that other Kingdom. So try to stick to the rules of the land you claim to belong to. undecided

Shifting between Old Covenant and New Covenant Laws is akin to trying to following Nigerian Law while living in the UK. It will never work. If you live in and intend to continue living in the UK, learn and live by UK Laws. And if Nigeria is instead where your heart is, move back there and live according to the Law of the Land. undecided
The old testament law of "you shall not kill" or "you shall not bear false witness" is valid even in the NT. The OT laws are divided into categories:

There are
1. Religious ceremonial laws
2. Moral laws
3. Civil laws
4. Interpersonal/relationship laws
5. Laws on Hygiene etc

But then the question was:
Why did God forbid the children of Israel from marrying the Cananites?

The question is not about the laws perse but WHY God gave the laws!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, Death means destruction of both body and soul. That is the Death that Jesus Christ saved(Salvation) you from - the Death that God Himself condemned all those who do not believe in Him to. undecided
This means that a human being can kill both the body and soul.
What can God do differently from this to cause us to reverence Him?
If God can only kill the body and soul, why should I worry?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

Do you suddenly need glasses to read that which is in front of your very eyes? undecided

God is the one who sentenced unbelievers to death by the destruction of both their body and soul, not human being. undecided

God has ALREADY done what God intended to do. undecided

I am not even sure what you mean by"if God can only kill the body and soul...."?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

The old testament law of "you shall not kill" or "you shall not bear false witness" is valid even in the NT. The OT laws are divided into categories:

There are
1. Religious ceremonial laws
2. Moral laws
3. Civil laws
4. Interpersonal/relationship laws
5. Laws on Hygiene etc

But then the question was:
Why did God forbid the children of Israel from marrying the Cananites?

The question is not about the laws perse but WHY God gave the laws!
You, Shadeyinka, were never a part of the Old Covenant agreement since you are not of the blood of Jacob(Israelite) and you do not live in the land of Israel. You were never bound to that agreement so all attempts you have ever made to live by that agreement, even those you make till you take your last breath on this earth, have been and will remain in VAIN. undecided

The Old Covenant agreement, the blessings, promises, etc. was meant only for those who were of the bloodline of Jacob( and the foreigners that live in the land of Israel with them). undecided

If you are circumcised, well, I am here to tell you that it was for nothing, and this not because of anything you assume Paul said to you in His letters, but because you were never qualified to be a part of the Old Covenant agreement between God and His people, Israel. That Covenant was( and still is) meant as the Law in the Kingdom of Israel, a Kingdom which you don't belong to. undecided

What did I say all this to mean? Learn to stick to your own lane. undecided

You came in on Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, the Law of The Kingdom of God, and so the Law you ought to focus on learning of is the Law that is embodied in the person of, and given you by Jesus Chris. He is the Law as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned. This covenant is a complete covenant with blessings, promises, curses, commandments, eligibility requirements, A Seal , etc. much like the Old Covenant before it, but with a lighter yoke and easier burden. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Do you suddenly need glasses to read that which is in front of your very eyes? undecided

God is the one who sentenced unbelievers to death by the destruction of both their body and soul, not human being. undecided

God has ALREADY done what God intended to do. undecided

I am not even sure what you mean by"if God can only kill the body and soul...."?

Jesus said:
Humans can only kill the body hence, they should not be feared

You said:
Kobojunkie:
Again, Death means destruction of both body and soul. ...
shadeyinka post=100015814:

undecided

By your definition, humans can kill both the body and soul of a person.

So I asked the question:

If God can only kill the body and soul (just like humans), why should I worry?

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

Jesus said:
Humans can only kill the body hence, they should not be feared

You said:
By your definition, humans can kill both the body and soul of a person.

So I asked the question:

If God can only kill the body and soul (just like humans), why should I worry?
Nowhere in what I have said so far, did I posit that man can kill the soul. lipsrsealed

Again, as Jesus Christ told you, only God is able to kill both the body and soul. Man can only kill the body but not the soul. undecided

And this Death( of both body and Soul) was judgement that God Himself placed on all those who are unbelievers, that even while they live, they are like the dead. undecided

And if you recall, Jesus Christ Himself saying, "...let the dead bury their dead", and also "....God is not God of the dead but God of the living", well, the dead in those two cases were references to unbelievers. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You, Shadeyinka, were never a part of the Old Covenant agreement since you are not of the blood of Jacob(Israelite) and you do not live in the land of Israel. You were never bound to that agreement so all attempts you have ever made to live by that agreement, even those you make till you take your last breath on this earth, have been and will remain in VAIN. undecided

The Old Covenant agreement, the blessings, promises, etc. was meant only for those who were of the bloodline of Jacob( and the foreigners that live in the land of Israel with them). undecided

If you are circumcised, well, I am here to tell you that it was for nothing, and this not because of anything you assume Paul said to you in His letters, but because you were never qualified to be a part of the Old Covenant agreement between God and His people, Israel. That Covenant was( and still is) meant as the Law in the Kingdom of Israel, a Kingdom which you don't belong to. undecided

What did I say all this to mean? Learn to stick to your own lane. undecided

You came in on Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, the Law of The Kingdom of God, and so the Law you ought to focus on learning of is the Law that is embodied in the person of, and given you by Jesus Chris. He is the Law as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned. This covenant is a complete covenant with blessings, promises, curses, commandments, eligibility requirements, A Seal , etc. much like the Old Covenant before it, but with a lighter yoke and easier burden. undecided
I am not bound to the ceremonial laws, laws of hygiene, etc. But I am still bound to the moral laws which is inherently built into Love your neighbors as yourself. Hence, even though I am under grace and not under the law, I do not steal, nor kill, nor covet my neighbors properties etc. Such laws are not done away with.

And by the way, I worship the God of Abraham, Issaac and Jacob: thus I am tied to the promises of God for Abraham and his children. I am adopted into this family!
Rom 11:18-19:
"Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bore not the root, but the root you. You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in."
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 1:41pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nowhere in what I have said so far, did I posit that man can kill the soul. lipsrsealed
You defined death as:

Kobojunkie:
Again, Death means destruction of both body and soul. ... undecided

Kobojunkie:

Again, as Jesus Christ told you, only God is able to kill both the body and soul. Man can only kill the body but not the soul. undecided

And this Death( of both body and Soul) was judgement that God Himself placed on all those who are unbelievers, that even while they live, they are like the dead. undecided

And if you recall, Jesus Christ Himself saying, "...let the dead bury their dead", and also "....God is not God of the dead but God of the living", well, the dead in those two cases were references to unbelievers. undecided

Let me simplify the question!
When human beings kill a person's body, what happens to his soul?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

I am not bound to the ceremonial laws, laws of hygiene, etc. But I am still bound to the moral laws which is inherently built into Love your neighbors as yourself. Hence, even though I am under grace and not under the law, I do not steal, nor kill, nor covet my neighbors properties etc. Such laws are not done away with.

And by the way, I worship the God of Abraham, Issaac and Jacob: thus I am tied to the promises of God for Abraham and his children. I am adopted into this family!
Rom 11:18-19:
"Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bore not the root, but the root you. You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in."
Please read the post below ensuring that you properly digest it this time around.
Kobojunkie:

Now, you tell me how any of what you stated in your response makes sense of any kind. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

You defined death as:
Let me simplify the question!
Stop playing wriggly-wiggly pretending you are made wise by your play.
Kobojunkie:
I don't say what David says because it is not from David I learned of God but from God Himself that I learnt of what God says of me.
The kind of Death(Condemnation of sin) that God inflicts is the kind that destroys both the body and the soul. That is the Death that He imposed, from the beginning, on those who do not believe in Him. undecided

As for the worst punishment God can give? I am not sure which of Hell or Death God considers worst, but from where I sit, I would choose God's Death over eternity in Hell any day, and God knows this of me. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Stop playing wriggly-wiggly pretending you are made wise by your play.
Jesus made a distinction between body and soul.

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

How is it possible to kill a body but not being able to kill the soul?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Please read the post below ensuring that you properly digest it this time around.
Now, you tell me how any of what you stated in your response makes sense of any kind. undecided
The new testament finds its foundation in the old testament. You can't divorce the two from each other.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

People like Buda an Kobo probably came to Christianity purely from an intellectual point of view.

Are you saying we use our God given brain?

Yes Sir, buda is guilty as charged! Because, if some man says to buda that God said, "Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat, But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die", buda will tell that man to fuq off and buda will eat that fruit!

And if some God were to say to buda, "Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat, But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die", buda will tell that God to fuq off too and buda will worship the serpent instead.

buda is like that, you see. You can not place knowledge in front of buda and expect buda not to eat. It's like when the "Lord said to Moses, “Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him”.

buda, said, "What the fuq, Lord! Has Moses got two heads?! Is it not you who created buda also? I'm coming up too. And I'm coming near you!"

And so buda went all the way up the mountain with Moses. And the Lord gave buda the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father sent to teach all things and bring all things to remembrance because the God of buda does not want buda to be ignorant and stupid or buda will not be able to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth" and be blessed.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
budaatum:

Yes Sir, buda is guilty as charged! Because, if some man says to buda that God said, "Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat, But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die", buda will tell that man to fuq off and buda will eat that fruit!

And if some God were to say to buda, "Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat, But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die", buda will tell that God to fuq off too and buda will worship the serpent instead.

buda is like that, you see. You can not place knowledge in front of buda and expect buda not to eat. It's like when the "Lord said to Moses, “Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him”.

buda, said, "What the fuq, Lord! Has Moses got two heads?! Is it not you who created buda also? I'm coming up too. And I'm coming near you!"

And so buda went all the way up the mountain with Moses. And the Lord gave buda the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father sent to teach all things and bring all things to remembrance because the God of buda does not want buda to be ignorant and stupid or buda will not be able to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth" and be blessed.
Buda,
Knowing God only from intellectual point of view is like loving your wife purely from an intellectual point of view. Such will be a mechanical union!

Mat 22:37-38:

"Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart , and with all your soul , and with all your mind . This is the first and great commandment."
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

Jesus made a distinction between body and soul.

How is it possible to kill a body but not being able to kill the soul?
I am no longer sure where you are going with this. undecided

God informed you from the book of Genesis of what the Death He imposes on unbelievers is. Jesus Christ reiterated this when He said that God is the one capable of destroying both Body and Soul. undecided

When a human kills another humans/a person's body, it is the body that the human kills. Obviously when a human being kills the body of one who believes in God that believer's soul is not automatically extinguished. Rather, the decision as far as the soul is concerned is God's and God's only. undecided
The same applies with all human souls. The decision as far as the soul is concerned is God's to make. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

The new testament finds its foundation in the old testament. You can't divorce the two from each other.
The New testament may find it's roots in the Old Testament but God does not find His roots in your Old Covenant that He should break His own Covenant in the way you suggest there.

The Bible is a tale of 2 separate/different Kingdoms and 1 God.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The New testament may find it's roots in the Old Testament but God does not find His roots in your Old Covenant that He should break His own Covenant in the way you suggest there.

The Bible is a tale of 2 separate/different Kingdoms and 1 God.
The two kingdoms in the Scriptures are the kingdom of Light and the kingdom of darkness.

Is the old testament the kingdom of darkness?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am no longer sure where you are going with this. undecided

God informed you from the book of Genesis of what the Death He imposes on unbelievers is. Jesus Christ reiterated this when He said that God is the one capable of destroying both Body and Soul. undecided

When a human kills another humans/a person's body, it is the body that the human kills. Obviously when a human being kills the body of one who believes in God that believer's soul is not automatically extinguished. Rather, the decision as far as the soul is concerned is God's and God's only. undecided
The same applies with all human souls. The decision as far as the soul is concerned is God's to make. undecided
You are coming close. Just to be sure,

Are you saying that the body of a person is different from his soul?
Are you saying that except God kills the soul of a person, such souls cannot die?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

The two kingdoms are the kingdom of Light and the kingdom of darkness.

Is the old testament the kingdom of darkness?
Wrong! The two different Kingdoms are

1. The Kingdom of Israel, and
2. The Kingdom of God

Two separate Kingdoms with two separate Laws/Covenants, both of them eternal Covenants/Contracts. And just as in the world you live in, you do not pull from one phone company's contract to add to your existin phone company's contract, it is against both Laws to add or remove laws from the given contract.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
shadeyinka:

Buda,
Knowing God only from intellectual point of view is like loving your wife purely from an intellectual point of view. Such will be a mechanical union!

Mat 22:37-38:

"Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart , and with all your soul , and with all your mind . This is the first and great commandment."

The way you create crap in your head and believe it is the same way you assume one only knows God from an intellectual point of view.

How many times has buda told you one must ask and knock and seek with all ones heart and soul and mind and being?

Here is a Nairaland search of budaatum heart soul mind being ask seek knock. Let us see if seeing the truth with your own eyes will set you free.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2021
budaatum:

The way you create crap in your head and believe it is the same way you assume one only knows God from an intellectual point of view.

How many times has buda told you one must ask and knock and seek with all ones heart and soul and mind and being?

Here is a Nairaland search of budaatum heart soul mind being ask seek knock. Let us see if seeing the truth with your own eyes will set you free.
But you rejoiced in knowing God purely from intellectually point of view as charged.

I said:
shadeyinka:

People like Buda an Kobo probably came to Christianity purely from an intellectual point of view.

And you said:
budaatum:

Yes Sir, buda is guilty as charged!
Knowing God with your mind is probably the intellectual component of knowing God. It isn't complete!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! The two different Kingdoms are

1. The Kingdom of Israel, and
2. The Kingdom of God

Two separate Kingdoms with two separate Laws/Covenants, both of them eternal Covenants/Contracts. And just as in the world you live in, you do not pull from one phone company's contract to add to your existin phone company's contract, it is against both Laws to add or remove laws from the given contract.
No sir!
It's the kingdom of God versus the kingdom of this world.

John 18:36:
"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

What Is The Future Of The African Traditional Religion (ATR)? / Ex-atheist From Reddit Finds God, Attests To Hatred Towards God And Christians. / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.