Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) (2847 Views)

My Bic Biro Sketch Of MARTIN LUTHER KING Jr..... / My Bic Biro Sketch Of A Baby Girl / My Journey To Being A Professional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2021

An Opportunity For Ballpoint Pen Artist To Get Some Exposure.

Would you participate in the BIC Art Master Competition?

Bic is a pen we have all used at one point or the other (or even most of our lives). So this household brand is trying to support/encourage visual artist from Africa and the Meddle East.

The entry for the competition would close on the 31st May 2021 and must be on a minimum size of an A3 paper (29.7cm x 42.0cm and above). It would be a good exposure opportunity for those who chose to participate.

Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 11:14pm On Mar 15, 2021
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 10:38am On Mar 31, 2021
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 10:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
Seems to have mistaken May for March.... Boy. I might crush it. Cheers!

Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 6:18pm On May 23, 2021
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 10:03pm On May 25, 2021
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by nigerianart: 10:00am On May 30, 2021
Few hours to go and I only have one spontaneous sketch Which I made months ago.

Here is a video of the rushed drawing back in the last day of March. I mistook the deadline of May for March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8ymRzzq3jQ

I sincerely don't think this ballpoint pen drawing (drawn with the BIC brand), stands a chance at wining or being honorably mentioned. So if I don't "pen down" an exceptional drawing in the next few hours (before the deadline), I would withdraw my entry from the competition.
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2021
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 8:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
One year later...

The BIC Art Master 2022 is back.

Use a BIC pen to draw something original (no copyrighted image of someone else, use your own image). It should be the minimum size of an A3 paper. You can submit 3 artwork. Deadline for submition is August 31st 2022.

I don't think I would participate because am too busy to sit down for hours daily, drawing for days. An A3 paper is too large for me, it would take a week to fill it... However, still 2 more months to go, might change my mind in the next 60 days.

For more details, visit their website:
www.bicartmaster.com
⬆️⬆️⬆️
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 8:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Bought pen, didn't think of the paper.
If am to participate, I have to do something different. Eitheer recycled paper or coloured paper.

Just got the pens Incase.

Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2022
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
Reminder:
24 hours to the deadline for submission (for this year 2022).
It is a chance to get exposure and possible win something like (4 million naira equivalent).

I didn't participate due to lack of time to make something capable of winning. Of course, if i can find 12 hours free tomorrow, I am sure I can make one single artwork. You can submit three art but only one would pick and only one is really needed.

Good luck.
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
I would be going live on YouTube from 1am in an attempt to do an all-nighter to make one.

I would be using an experimental technique LIVE.

1am is when the internet is strong enough for the night data. Nothing would be hidden.

https://youtube.com/tugis7 ⬅️⬅️⬅️

I might occasionally post some updates on my Instagram Story but avoid Nairaland otherwise I would be banned by the spam bots.

Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
Let's build something great together.

My studio moto is; Let's Co-create. 1am prompt.
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by Rhema03(m): 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
This is really awesome!

1 Like

Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 5:19am On Aug 30, 2022
Rhema03:
This is really awesome!

Yea... and there is still 30 to 40 hours left before it close.

Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
grin

Extended by a week.

Thank God I didn't cause much damage to the sketch am making right now. Was rushing but it's negligible.

Would expire on the 7th September. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by Rhema03(m): 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2022
Did anyone noticed the description details for the art submission seems to be limited to few words?

1 Like

Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 7:09am On Sep 01, 2022
Rhema03:
Did anyone noticed the description details for the art submission seems to be limited to few words?

I didn't know (haven't yet submitted any images). You would have to summarize to basic info like size (in CM).
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
Sneak peek at the work-in-progress (in brief)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVWbdMs3_go

While the video below is a long video of the drawing being made in real time speed. It was recorded LIVE (as it happened) on my YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNuc_8lgR0
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2022
REMINDER!!!: About 24 hours to the new deadline.

Yesterday, the website was temporary unavailable so don't take chances, if your work is ready, submit (you can go back to edit and add more art).

Cheers and good luck!
Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2022
My next 2 upload are going to be radically different (as I deviate from realism towards expressionism).

Of cause one would be my trade mark quick sketch (where the time-lapse video is the focus and not the actual drawing, more like performing art)... The 3rd would be an hybrid of cubism and expression.
Why? Because I am not really that into realism but understand it has a wide appeal.

Let me go back to work until midnight. I would do my last Live Stream for the BIC Art Master by 1am (that is midnight GMT) on my YouTube channel. Please stay toned (if possible). If I have the chance, I would document the stages on m Instagram page STORY (sequence of events leading to the final submission).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL9uGIcDBfQ

1 Like

Re: BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) by faceland: 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2022
Final submission.

I have 11 hours of my working on the portrait via archived live streaming.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vfx And 3d Animation Intensive Career Training! Here In Lagos / 50% Discount On Logo Designs Now!!! / How To Create A Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.