Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,551 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country (1180 Views)

Can Nigeria Separate In Peace Now That Oil Has Been Found In The North? / Nobody Really Loses, Be Proud Of Your Role – Nuhu Ribadu Tells Candidates / How APC, Party Politics Failed To Separate Saraki, Bolaji Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country by Neddstark: 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
Mabizeka:
Shut up. That is how i talk to my father who is a demented punk
Re: We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country by AlexBells(m): 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
theTranslator:

Keep deluding yourself of the truth
No country can survive without resources
Switzerland??
Are the mountains not resources
The Tourist attractions aren't resources??
Switzerland also profited from colonization
All of Europe did

Since resources aren't needed why is Nnamdi desperately dragging the SS for their coast and oil?? undecided

You seem too slow
Who stopped you from harnessing your tourist attractions, who stopped you from selling your cocoa, who stopped your from turning your mountains from becoming a tourist attraction and getting the returns, what about your IGR, what is your state doing with it, Nnamdi kanu is not the issue here, I don't believe in Niger Delta oil becuase that's not the only way to build a decent ssociety, I personally don't know what Kanu sees in Niger Delta as AlaIgbo has enough oil and gas for us, no one absolutely no one is stopping your region from harnessing some of her resources but you see oil, gold, uranium don't think about it, those will be used to maintain our military and federal agencies when Nigeria gets better
Re: We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country by theTranslator: 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2021
AlexBells:

Who stopped you from harnessing your tourist attractions, who stopped you from selling your cocoa, who stopped your from turning your mountains from becoming a tourist attraction and getting the returns, what about your IGR, what is your state doing with it, Nnamdi kanu is not the issue here, I don't believe in Niger Delta oil becuase that's not the only way to build a decent ssociety, I personally don't know what Kanu sees in Niger Delta as AlaIgbo has enough oil and gas for us, no one absolutely no one is stopping your region from harnessing some of her resources but you see oil, gold, uranium don't think about it, those will be used to maintain our military and federal agencies when Nigeria gets better
My state's (Ogun)IGR is one of the biggest in Nigeria
We can't keep laboring only for the north to eat
That's why we want real Federalism
If Lagos alone secedes it would have the 5th largest economy in Africa talkless of adding the remaining SW states
Lagos has industry
Oyo has land
Ogun has tourist attractions and limestone
Ekiti has brains
Ondo has oil
Osun has Gold

We have potential
Re: We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country by AlexBells(m): 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
theTranslator:

My state's (Ogun)IGR is one of the biggest in Nigeria
We can't keep laboring only for the north to eat
That's why we want real Federalism
If Lagos alone secedes it would have the 5th largest economy in Africa talkless of adding the remaining SW states
Lagos has industry
Oyo has land
Ogun has tourist attractions and limestone
Ekiti has brains
Ondo has oil
Osun has Gold

We have potential
No doubt it could seem like Eldorado until you really secede that's why I take Biafra with a pitch of salt, who told you that If Lagos seceded it will be the 5th largest economy in Africa, should Lagos become a country, the economy will sink, 1. A great chunk of the budget will go to security, Lagos being a country will see less patronage on the Seaports, because the east will also use Eastern ports as Biafra, air traffic will also plummet, have you thought about the fact that many oil companies have their headquarters In Lagos, they will go to their respective new countries suppliers, what about entertainment Nollywood would go back to the East, don't give yourself too much hope we are all great in Nigeria.

You can have your regional government but quite being a lazy thinker the government won't stop you if you are serious and Chanel your strategy right
Re: We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country by theTranslator: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
AlexBells:

No doubt it could seem like Eldorado until you really secede that's why I take Biafra with a pitch of salt, who told you that If Lagos seceded it will be the 5th largest economy in Africa, should Lagos become a country, the economy will sink, 1. A great chunk of the budget will go to security, Lagos being a country will see less patronage on the Seaports, because the east will also use Eastern ports as Biafra, air traffic will also plummet, have you thought about the fact that many oil companies have their headquarters In Lagos, they will go to their respective new countries suppliers, what about entertainment Nollywood would go back to the East, don't give yourself too much hope we are all great in Nigeria.

You can have your regional government but quite being a lazy thinker the government won't stop you if you are serious and Chanel your strategy right
You forget that lagos's economy is very complex
Its not based on ports alone
Yeah secession isn't as rosy as it is painted

That's why I clamor more for real federalism
And maybe United autonomous regions of South Nigeria
Hell without the north is better than heaven with the north
Re: We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country by AlexBells(m): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
theTranslator:

You forget that lagos's economy is very complex
Its not based on ports alone
Yeah secession isn't as rosy as it is painted

That's why I clamor more for real federalism
And maybe United autonomous regions of South Nigeria
Hell without the north is better than heaven with the north
What I can tell you is that AlaIgbo can not support regional government that will give regions power take laws or control a regional army, we took ultimate risk to dismantle that evil system that made Monsters out of regional heads, Nigeria is not mature enough for that sort of regional government, I prefer we have some level of resource control for states and state police, Full blown regional government is a catastrophe in the waiting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidency To Extend Buhari’s Stay In UK Amid Protests Over Medical Treatment / Why Is Pmb Such A Failure? Old Age? Incompetence? Stupidity?..... / IPOB: South East Mothers Forum Condenms Sit -in Order.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.