Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria (54411 Views)

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Andyvilly: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2021
gradually direct foreign investment declining.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by femi4: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2021
Thought they denied before
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by iswallker(m): 10:39am On Mar 16, 2021
cant people read - they have sold 100% equity - the shoprite francise will continue to remain in Nigeria and operate under new ownership - while shoprite provides technical support ... cry

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Zetty177x: 10:39am On Mar 16, 2021
Thank you Buhari for destroying Nigeria. You really changed the country and took us to next level

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by OriginalOmoOgun(f): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2021
Why are they running away? They think because he's dead, the family of Harry Akande will not collect his money that they owe him?
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by bluefilm: 10:42am On Mar 16, 2021
Chai...

My little nieces will be so disappointed by this news.
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Zetty177x: 10:44am On Mar 16, 2021
Cutehector:
Market square take over

But market square is expensive...their prices are not competitive at all

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Standing5(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2021
Lordpeckxy:
Well Atleast you've made your billions from Nigerians.
in exchange for what?
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by samnificent(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2021
omoadeleye:

See your bald head, na so e easy to make money within three weeks there...

You get brain to attain that feat, why can't you make your traveling fees money here...

Empty barrel, just leave Nigeria abeg. We need industrious people .
Mr industrious how many companies have you set up?
Anyways HMU for your fresh eggs in PhC straight from the fowl yash
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by EXOUSIAng: 10:52am On Mar 16, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Safe journey. Bubu, see wetin you cause with your bad economic policy? Foreign investors exiting everyday yet, you guys don't bother. We'd never forget
You lack understanding of economics...
Shoprite has discouraged alot of indigenous investors... Let them leave and you will see how the Just Rite and other indigenous brands take over...
Same as Multi choice.... TSTV pay as you go is best for Nigeria but multichoice will go to any length to frustrate the company.....
We don't need foreign investors like shoprite or multichoice anymore.
Foreign solar electricity company to provide steady supply yes, foreign investors to build refineries, yes we need, foreign automobile manufacturers to come manufacture cars here, welcome.....
No dey call shoprite foreign investors....
Wetin Nigeria gain from them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by BabaO2: 10:54am On Mar 16, 2021
Nigerians poor attitude no get part 2, same way they drove away ECONET that was clearly ahead of MTN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by samnificent(m): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2021
mu2sa2:
You that ordinary harmatan you are complaining of cold. In Canada you will just freeze to nothingness. Btw, if you are a failure in Nigeria, Canada doesn't need you.
Are you Canadian?
Be here trolling on people catching cruise on NL.
Anyways HMU for your fresh eggs in PhC straight from the fowls butt.
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Reference(m): 11:03am On Mar 16, 2021
hopevalley:
What is MTN waiting for? Let them also leave Nigeria. This is an opportunity for indigenous investors to to invest in supermarkets chain far better than Shoprite. Check out my signature if you want to make it in export business.

Why couldn't they do it all these years before 'shoprite'. Your talk is just projecting mediocrity. MTN leaves today and the standards of telecoms will surely fall.

Check your history. What happened after Bhojsons, Leventis, Chellarams and Leventis exited the consumer product retail business. Who filled the gap then?

These multinationals are absolutely necessary to establish high standards, transfer technology and promote the local economy. If great economies such as China have strings of multinational businesses, what is Nigeria to exclude them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Temptee101(m): 11:08am On Mar 16, 2021
samnificent:
Make person borrow me money make I comot for this country I go pay back in 3weeks as soon I reach Canada

Lol...

How much are we talking about here?
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Peteromi(m): 11:09am On Mar 16, 2021
Lai Mohammed should go and help us persuade dem, not to leave oo
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Reference(m): 11:10am On Mar 16, 2021
EXOUSIAng:

You lack understanding of economics...
Shoprite has discouraged alot of indigenous investors... Let them leave and you will see how the Just Rite and other indigenous brands take over...
Same as Multi choice.... TSTV pay as you go is best for Nigeria but multichoice will go to any length to frustrate the company.....
We don't need foreign investors like shoprite or multichoice anymore.
Foreign solar electricity company to provide steady supply yes, foreign investors to build refineries, yes we need, foreign automobile manufacturers to come manufacture cars here, welcome.....
No dey call shoprite foreign investors....
Wetin Nigeria gain from them

Once again. Where were these so called 'superstars' before 'shoprite'. The history of superstores did not begin with 'shoprite'. If the sector was well attended to there will have been no room for these multinationals in the first place. Same for digital satv, and telecoms.

Tomorrow if multinationals take over the oil refining business or the power sector the same Nigerians will speak of the 'glorious days of Nigerian ownership'....bunkum...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by edoairways: 11:12am On Mar 16, 2021
aspabay:
a Nigerian company is buying them over, that is the good news
Not a good news as we rarely manage business
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by MrReeseG(m): 11:17am On Mar 16, 2021
Na so person no go see who go help am comot this country

Nna eh!!!
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Blackman101: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2021
A sad one, what killed leventis and utc store will catch up with what remain shoprite brand in Nigeria.
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by johnmartus(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2021
Yes very lowest price.
femijay8271:

REALLY?
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by colestephan86: 11:23am On Mar 16, 2021
rodeo0070:

https://brandspurng.com/2021/03/16/shoprite-upbeat-about-commendable-results-despite-lockdown-limitations-confirms-exit-from-nigeria/
Best believe, they won't be missed.
Nigerians are more than capable of running entities like shoperite
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 16, 2021
johnmartus:
God bless just rite Nigeria. They are doing wonder even than this shoprite

Comparing justrite to shoprite is like comparing sleep to death, shoprite operate @ int'l standard, moreover justrite is limited to lagos.
i patronize justrite often cos its closer to my area, so i know what i am saying

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by bizzibodi(m): 11:28am On Mar 16, 2021
I sense a total economic collapse in d next 6month.
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by omohayek: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2021
Reference:

Once again. Where were these so called 'superstars' before 'shoprite'. The history of superstores did not begin with 'shoprite'. If the sector was well attended to there will have been no room for these multinationals in the first place. Same for digital satv, and telecoms.

Tomorrow if multinationals take over the oil refining business or the power sector the same Nigerians will speak of the 'glorious days of Nigerian ownership'....bunkum...
Unfortunately your message will fly completely over the heads of most commenters. It's a mark of what a failure Nigeria's educational system is that terrible economic policies which drive out FDI are celebrated for supposedly encouraging "indigenous" investors. Sadly this economic illiteracy reaches all the way to Aso Rock, where the current occupant has overseen 6 consecutive years of declining per-capita GDP, yet is still able to find any number of cheerleaders.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Tillatalk: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2021
Nothing is working in Nigeria
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Incips: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2021
Why?
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by GOOOGLE504(m): 11:34am On Mar 16, 2021
elmessiahs:
at least the business is still moving, just a name change and some paper work

many things dey follow. Restructuring, staff and prices review.etc
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by litaninja(m): 11:36am On Mar 16, 2021
LOL. Na so that one take wreck.
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Grace001: 11:56am On Mar 16, 2021
Lobatan
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by hotseat: 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
After swindling Nigerians to their heart desire, they are now "japaing".

Nigeria has never had it so bad.

Every country just they use us like toilet paper.
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by johnmartus(m): 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
Some of you just don't have sense. How many shoprite voucher card you got.
larryjonze:

Comparing justrite to shoprite is like comparing sleep to death, shoprite operate @ int'l standard, moreover justrite is limited to lagos.
i patronize justrite often cos its closer to my area, so i know what i am saying
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
shiki:
Bye bye to yeye shoprite

In Zlatan's voice!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience With UBA Bank. (must Read!!!!!!!) / Aliko Dangote's 60th Birthday Cake Is Quite Creative (Photo) / How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.