Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria (54358 Views)

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Masterbiodun: 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
Beremx:
Twins Faja is doing well penetrating everywhere. There are about three of the outlets along Abaranje Road
angry grin
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by SmartPolician: 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Safe journey. Bubu, see wetin you cause with your bad economic policy? Foreign investors exiting everyday yet, you guys don't bother. We'd never forget

It has nothing to do with Buhari

It's an agreement they had with the Nigerian shareholder

They are just honoring the agreement.

Are you sure you read the news?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by NotGej: 1:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
nrexzy:
Nice one.... Dstv next

This is not nice. It should never be lauded as its a sign of poor economic performance etc.
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by cyprex: 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Safe journey. Bubu, see wetin you cause with your bad economic policy? Foreign investors exiting everyday yet, you guys don't bother. We'd never forget

You obviously didn't understand what was written above.
They are not exiting for any other reason but purely in compliance with terms of engagement

Infact they are so happy with Nigeria that they want to make new arrangements to remain even if it's just as consultants and brand managers.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Exodora: 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
jneutron4000:
Good, at least people will start to patronize the locals.
How many of the locals can pay and can they employ people and pay when at the end of the month without looking for one excuse or the other not to pay or even pay complete .
I know people that school and work there as partime ....
How many locals will allow their workers work as partime ...
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by rajiedreez: 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
Girls no go see photo booth again, chai
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by mariby: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ku souka lafia
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
Bye bye to jati jati
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
cyprex:

You obviously didn't understand what was written above.
They are not exiting for any other reason but purely in compliance with terms of engagement

Infact they are so happy with Nigeria that they want to make new arrangements to remain even if it's just as consultants and brand managers.
I've been following the case closely since last year. Have you been to shoprite lately and bought their ordinary smarties? You'd drop it in a hurry after seeing the price.
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
johnmartus:
Some of you just don't have sense. How many shoprite voucher card you got.

if i was living @ a reasonable distance to shoprite trust me i wil surely have there card. for me distance is a barrier.

issue of sense or no sense is just ur opinion not fact tongue so shut up n find ur mates.
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

It has nothing to do with Buhari

It's an agreement they had with the Nigerian shareholder

They are just honoring the agreement.

Are you sure you read the news?
I've been following their matter since last year. Google is your friend. They first cited harsh economic situation. Repatriation of their profit to home wasn't profitable to them. It wasn't also easy to come by. What you read today was just a conclusive part of the story

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by adonaimart(m): 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
Live meaning of chop and clean mouth...

Applying for jobs with no interview?
You need a resume/ CV review..
Check my signature for contacts.

rodeo0070:

https://brandspurng.com/2021/03/16/shoprite-upbeat-about-commendable-results-despite-lockdown-limitations-confirms-exit-from-nigeria/
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2021
EXOUSIAng:

You lack understanding of economics...
Shoprite has discouraged alot of indigenous investors... Let them leave and you will see how the Just Rite and other indigenous brands take over...
Same as Multi choice.... TSTV pay as you go is best for Nigeria but multichoice will go to any length to frustrate the company.....
We don't need foreign investors like shoprite or multichoice anymore.
Foreign solar electricity company to provide steady supply yes, foreign investors to build refineries, yes we need, foreign automobile manufacturers to come manufacture cars here, welcome.....
No dey call shoprite foreign investors....
Wetin Nigeria gain from them
Hmmm. Do you know how many staff shoprite has alone? Did you read recently where they sacked some of them as part of the moving process? How many companies have Nigerians taken over from foreign firms and still standing? I dare you mention one. See someone with sound economic understanding here

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by bilulu(m): 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
femijay8271:

MAJOR GENERAL MUHAMMAD BUHARI
add quota system to the major so that Nigerians will know how he got there

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by pacespot(m): 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
When the news broke few months ago that shoprite was exiting Nigeria, they came out and denied it, now it has become a reality. There is no smoke without fire. Not all the bloggers say are fake news
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by kmaster007: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2021
IAmMysterious:
Okay oo!

---------------------

By the way, you could buy affordable data such as airtel 1.5gb for N910 and GLO 2.9gb for N900 and many more. Check signature for contact and more info. cheesy
you sure
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by elmessiahs(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2021
GOOOGLE504:

many things dey follow. Restructuring, staff and prices review.etc
right man
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
kmaster007:
you sure
cheesy I would have given you a bit of my sarcasm. But I'll let it pass.
of course, I'm sure!
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Leo588(m): 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2021
Buhari has done more harm than good
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Tonytonex(m): 5:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
Buhari. see wetin you cause.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Tonytonex(m): 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
are they leaving Nigeria or not?
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Cryptosmake: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
bad
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by kmaster007: 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
IAmMysterious:

of course, I'm sure!
wink
IAmMysterious:

of course, I'm sure!
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Kim999: 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
samnificent:
Make person borrow me money make I comot for this country I go pay back in 3weeks as soon I reach Canada

Lol, Na me Dem go borrow when I pay dem borrow u
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Killermamba: 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2021
heniford2:
make them leave naw haba
monopoly is coming,no more competition,inflation to rise even more

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
Pls carry DSTV along
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by heniford2: 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
Killermamba:
monopoly is coming,no more competition,inflation to rise even more
we will have spar local super store game etc
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by YurFatHer: 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
Due to hoodlums that looted it
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by sunbreaker: 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
No way for money laundering again. Sharp man take off
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Blackdisciple(m): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
Blame it on Buhari
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
how much you need?
samnificent:
Make person borrow me money make I comot for this country I go pay back in 3weeks as soon I reach Canada
Re: Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria by Eastcaostboy: 10:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
johnmartus:
God bless just rite Nigeria. They are doing wonder even than this shoprite
it's because of the competitors once shop rite leaves you will see them weller. They ain't be same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graduate Who Sells Irish Potatoes In Jos Becomes Online Sensation / Aliko Dangote's 60th Birthday Cake Is Quite Creative (Photo) / First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.