Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance (28306 Views)

Govs Planned To Withhold Salaries, Sack Workers If They Didn’t Win Election: EU / Corps Members Withhold Election Results In Ihiala, Demand N3,000 Food Allowance / INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by adelekeolu(m): 11:58am On Mar 16, 2021
when illiterates occupies key . Things like this are nomal
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by Cherez: 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
They can hold it.

Let them continue to deceive themselves. Na their families go suffer.

If Nigerian abroad truelly send 29 billion dollars, we wont be in any dollars crises even if the price of oil falls.

In 2019, Nigeria oil revenue was $64.9 billion, so this people abroad are telling us that they send almost half of the country's oil revenue. What a joke.

Infact oil and agriculture are the bulk of Nigeria's revenue, not diaspora remittance.
You will be shocked at the amount of monies the diaspora bring into Nigeria daily
Over 95% of my dollar & Euro transactions were done via diaspora transaction & never bank.
Bank transaction is slow & charges are high
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by kenturkish(m): 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
They can hold it.

If Nigerian abroad truelly send 29 billion dollars, we wont be in any dollars crises even if the price of oil falls.

In 2019, Nigeria oil revenue was $64.9 billion, so this people abroad are telling us that they send almost half of the country's oil revenue. What a joke.

Infact oil and agriculture are the bulk of Nigeria's revenue, not diaspora remittance.
You are a child and very ignorant

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by Standing5(m): 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
They can hold it.

Keep shut n think.
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by Boss13: 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
They can hold it.

You will also suffer because those families won't be able to purchase goods and services. Hence the overall consumption in Nigeria will dwindle further.
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by luvinhubby(m): 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
They can hold it.

When kids talk you know

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by rita25(f): 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
the northeners are insisting on showing their supremacy but their agenda has been identified and twarted......they really tried but its a DOA mission come 2023 anybody who even as much as campaign for APC OR PDP is a FOOL sell your future for Peanuts they spread during campaign then suffer killings death starvation and all sorts of terrible manipulations in the hands of this marauders again.........if its still PDP and APC that are the major contenders presenting another set of well packaged zombies then NAIJA ........IT IS FINISHED cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by Boss13: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
DNA4ALL:
I love Hon Gilbah's, submission on ait this morning. Well read and articulate. Hes a leader who is ready to go down for his people. That's the kind of man we want in the helms of affairs.

Has the deputy speaker apologize? I was baffled at his utterances and did not understand why he made such comments.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by nonut: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Is that data

Or news headlines
You're still arguing? God! You got nothing upstairs.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by Golan007: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
Redcrafton:

I know you can't.

Now leave finance matter for the experts.

That's why the whole 19 northern states do not have even one Tier I bank they manage.

Agriculture should be your main focus.

What does that have to do with an obscure group claiming to speak on behalf of diasporans?
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by descarado: 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
You go fear naija people grin

We will know people wey chop their school fees today

Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by benji93: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
Did you consider the possibility that some/most of the recipients only get the dollar equivalent. Make una use una heads abeg.
thebosstrevor1:

So Google will give me the answer.

Do you know what is even counted as remittance.

Foreign direct investment is infact counted as remittance.

The only people who can give real data about individual remittance are the apps and the banks.

90% of Nigeria foreign exchange is from oil and agriculture not diaspora remittance.

Also Nigeria wont be in a dollar crisis if Nigerians abroad do send 24 billion dollars annually
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by Bar1941(m): 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2021
Simplyleo:

I still don't understand what kind of threat this is.

Are they sending the dollars to Nigerian account or to their families?

Just like a man threatening to stop taking care of his family for whatever reason.

They can withhold their remmittance, maybe so buhari will die of hunger.

Whatever benefit Nigeria stand to gain from the remmittance can go to blazes.

Nonsense and ingredients.

Stop sounding like an ignorant.

Consult your basic Economics textbook on what GNP means then come back and edit the trash you posted here.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2021
Dumbest threat I've ever heard.

"I'm not sending money back to my aged father and mother because of Wade's remarks".

Is it Wase who will suffer it?
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by bigtt76(f): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
Toh ...if you de listen to the useless things our politicians de talk, na you and your family go suffer the consequences. angry ...Just read, look and ignore the fools ...nor let dem provoke you abandon your families oooo cheesy

dre11:
Nigerians abroad threaten to withhold $23b remittance over Wase’s remarks, demand apology

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerians-abroad-threaten-to-withhold-23b-remittance-over-wases-remarks-demand-apology/
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by AnanseK(m): 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2021
They can go ahead and stop sending money to Nigeria. Whose salary are they paying?
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by Wickedfacts: 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2021
Simplyleo:

Tag Gumi and Shekau too
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by AnanseK(m): 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2021
Does it make any difference to me if your aged mum stops receiving the stipend you send to her?
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by gnykelly(m): 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
They can hold it.

you don't understand the enormity of the diasporan fund.

if they all stopped their project in Nigeria. a lot of artisan will go hungry CBN will be squeezed.
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by SouthSouth1914: 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
omonnakoda:

64 . 9 billion? really?

64900000000 divided by 365 days =$177 million daily

How many barrels of oil did Nigeria sell daily in 2019 and at what price?

@ 2.1 million barrels that would require a price in excess of $85 which has not happened since Buhari came to power.

So your claim is dubious
Oil cost $17 a barrel to produce in Nigeria .
Not all "revenue" is Profit.

Also The profit from oil does not go entirely to the government.
The oil companies take a significant chunk which they repatriate to their home countries

Also I think you are mistaking contribution to GDP with revenue
Agriculture contributes NOTHING to revenue NET. In fact its contribution is NEGATIVE because it is heavily subsidized.
Inform your self better.

From ALL indications Diaspora remittances contributes MORE dollars to the economy than oil
Bear in mind that the official figures are likely an estimate. Nigerians send a lot of money in through informal channels too

Don’t mind that ignoramus! I can bet my balls that this guy I s eternally dumb! He thinks oil revenue belongs entirely to the government!

He doesn’t know anything about IOCs, mining lease et’al. All he cares about is his 30k/month stipends and nothing else matters. What a shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by Ykc2(m): 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
Redcrafton:

My brother, you need to know how these northerners reason.

Most of them have very low IQ levels.

Very few of them are good and reasonable.

cc Simplyleo, Golan,thebosstrevor1
nawa ooh see wetin the boy dey ask
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by SouthSouth1914: 12:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Dumbest threat I've ever heard.

"I'm not sending money back to my aged father and mother because of Wade's remarks".

Is it Wase who will suffer it?

This is laughable! Only maybe 5-6% of that money will account for living expenses! The others are for major projects- schools, hotels, etc.

When government say FDI’s, do you think it is only foreign companies that are major players? It is wasteful for someone to have a brain and not use it!
Re: Ahmed Wase: Nigerians Abroad Threaten To Withhold $23b Remittance by simplesearch: 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
Just presiding over a plenary for one day and he's already causing a huge problem. We need to learn to be sincerely an sensibly diplomatic, like David Mark soon he'll fall out with power that be and return back to his kit and kin who gave him their mandate in the first instance to represent them. It's like we don't know what it means to represent people in this part of the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Tribunal: We Have Enough Evidence For Buhari’s Sack – Atiku / Abuja Town Hall Meeting: Lai Mohammed, Fashola, Adeosun Attend (Pics) / EFCC Operatives Ransack Usman Jibrin's House In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.