Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Ear Piercings! - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ear Piercings! (198084 Views)

This Will Leave Your Mouth Open. Breath-taking Bizarre Piercings!! / Multiple Ear Piercings, Cool, Hot or Disgusting? / Tatoos And Piercings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ear Piercings! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2011
[size=13pt]My dear. . . i see the reason for your comment now . But i see nothing wrong with piercing or tattooing i love them so much in body modification . Try and check the one's i've done on my face and see . Click on my profile and see for yourself .

That's why i remain unique and original. . . smiley
[/size]
Re: Ear Piercings! by Pweety4me(f): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2011
^^^OMG dat's not funny!!

I'm not talkin to you anymore
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Ear Piercings! by InkedNerd(f): 10:06am On Apr 22, 2011
Pweety4me:

Ahaha! little hidden treat wink tongue. . .so does it ave any effects on you?or your sex life?does it increase stimulation or somefin? smiley

Treat? I guess it depends on how open minded the guy is. Yes, it has an effect but it depends of what the guy and I are doing grin wink
Re: Ear Piercings! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
[size=13pt]I know my dear. . .it isn't funny but at least ain't looking bad . cheesy

huh? you mean to you're not talking to me? common don't do that . let's continue. smiley
[/size]

Pweety4me:

^^^OMG dat's not funny!!

I'm not talkin to you anymore
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Ear Piercings! by mamagee3(f): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2011
Piercing in any part of the body is highly gross and uncalled for. . .

Why should any reasonable and sensible person do something like that?
Re: Ear Piercings! by kandiikane(m): 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2011
Getting Industrial and tragus in 4 weeks time and micro dermals on my pelvic bone smiley
Re: Ear Piercings! by Bluemoon1(f): 2:36am On Aug 23, 2012
I've got the industrial too. 4 piercings on my left ear 2 on my right ear. would get a nose one soon
Re: Ear Piercings! by Ivynwa(f): 4:20am On Sep 05, 2012
kandiikane: Getting Industrial and tragus in 4 weeks time and micro dermals on my pelvic bone smiley

Kandi please read about the micro dermals very well before embarking on it----from what I read about it, it involves leaving in the gripping/stud part of the jewel inside the skin and that sounds too "I can't handle that" to me. Hope you can handle that? In the picture of the lower tummy micro derm I have attached below, it looks lovely but I ain't leaving no metallic object inside my skin to heal up and seal up in there so I ain't microing no derm grin

I like some piercings but I don't like it when people take it to extreme like the ones on the lower lips, eyebrow and all over the faces etc. I like my things minimal yet sophisticated and feminine. I have two simple ones on each of my ear lobes and another two Helix on the upper part of my left ear lobe (in the helix A position in the diagram below, the second one is just below the helix, close to the C position in the diagram). I simply love the look it gives me when I have two ear rings in that upper ear lobe but I allowed the inner Helix close up leaving only the outer one at the tip of the lobe.I will open it up again, I simply love that double slanted tip and inner Helix of mine.
I want to get the Tragus on my right ear. I like it but will have it on one ear only and will add one more piercing each to my lower ear lobe so that I can have 3 straight-up/lined-up tiny earings at a time.(The two slant helix on the left ear and the Tragus on the right ear---something a bit spicy & different for the 2 ear lobes grin I like tattoos too, looking to get some mild scribbled worded ones but not too much. I like them minimal yet sophisticated.

I admire the navel piercing and will like to have it but the thought of piercing the stomach area puts me off it. How did it go when you got yours Kandi? Who here has the navel piercing? Will make out time and study it. If it is harmless I will get one. I like it.

Re: Ear Piercings! by Ivynwa(f): 5:03am On Sep 06, 2012
I was checking out the best looking Helix and Tragus Piercings and came across the lovely ones below. I am considering the double tragus on on the right ear instead of single and making my left Helix piercings triple. There is something very exquisite about tiny ear rings lined up together. I like the effect the ones in the pictures have. Where's Kandi girl? Girl come let's have fun talking about them piercings. grin grin

Re: Ear Piercings! by Ivynwa(f): 5:37am On Sep 06, 2012
I also like these combination of helix and tragus and exquisitely set piercings----that is how i like it: exquisite, classy, sophisticated and lovely not shabby, rough/aggressive or trashy looking. The industrial looks rough/unfeminine and aggressive to me like more of a thing for rock stars and fans.

Re: Ear Piercings! by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2012
Nice piercings. Wish I had the courage. Got only one on my lobe. . . U know, the infant one grin
Re: Ear Piercings! by Ivynwa(f): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2012
bettymafy: Nice piercings. Wish I had the courage. Got only one on my lobe. . . U know, the infant one grin

Yes girl, courage needs to be summoned when going for it. For example I like the navel piercing but I know that I may never go for it. It fr*aks me out thinking of meddling with that area of the body. My navel area is super sensitive/erogenous too so I may never go there after all. The ones some do at the jaws and upper lips disgust me a bit, I can't think of putting my hand into my mouth to clip on rings. I admire the nose one especially when adorned with "a very tiny barely-there ring" but I don't really need it.
Re: Ear Piercings! by kandiikane(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2012
lool, heey! Just seeing your email.

Erm, well I love love love piercings and if I could do it more I would but you know our cultures na. People talked until high heavens when I got my piercings. Saying "oh, it gives you a wrong image, a free girl, it takes away from your beauty balh di blah" lol and it wasn't helped by the blonde hair I have.

I have had 'piercings' back when I was in high school. Lol, I took needles burnt the ends and pierced my face all over, buying tiny earrings to insert in the holes the needle made. Lol.

I tried piercing my ear once(a helix), the pain was just unbearable.
I have gone to a piercer and got a helix(proffessionally done) grin
I had two micro dermals done on my nape
I have had an industrial
A septum
Lower lip
and Navel.

I am also planning on getting a tattoo but it's going to be something meaningful. I love them but I've got to be careful.
Re: Ear Piercings! by Ivynwa(f): 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Kandi
You are one swanky girl!
What with the lower lip, industrial, septum and nape piercings? I love some, the exquisitely done ear piercings appeal to me more than other parts of the body.

How did the navel piercing feel when you got it? Was it painful, did it take time to heal?
It was good you had a professional do your helix? I have seen a person that developed a malignant tumour from a piercing gone bad. One should be careful with it to avoid nerve damage and cross contamination. I will make my helix triple and get double tragus----can't say when but soon. I have to flex up and muster the courage to bear the pains of nursing and cleaning them and feeling some little pains on them when you lay your head to sleep. grin

Tell me more about the micro derms, i read about them online. Will like to hear what your experience was.
Re: Ear Piercings! by kandiikane(m): 1:16am On Sep 07, 2012
Erm, well, the navel piercing's pain wasn't THAT bad. It was the septum that killed. Oh, it hurt! Depends on how you deal with pain.

The microdermals looked lovely especially when I cut off my hair but the nape isn't the best place if you've got long hair. My curly wig got caught in it so many times, it will heal and then becomes sore. It was a vicious circle. It ended up swelling up and healing and swelling up until the bar inside the skin decided to uproot slowly and poke out of my skin. I had to pull It out(don't try removing a microdermal by yourself. It's usually removed by having a minor surgery. I sometimes get crazy and do things without thinking) because it just looked weird with both ends showing. The reason my skin rejected the nape piercings was because of the hair getting caught in it.

My body rejected my navel piercings too because I changed the bar before it healed and too quickly(three weeks after the piercings). I noticed the skin around the piercing getting smaller and smaller and looked very thin until there was only a tiny piece of skin supporting the bar. I ended removing the bar(cried) because the skin became dry and the bar would have fallen off any minute. Now, I have a small scar where the navel piercing was and two dark dots on the back of my next.

The industrial piercing went wrong too. I believe it was because I pierced it and went to africa the following day and the heat and sand etc just caused it to swell up and I ended up getting lumps(aha, I was quite upset, thought they were keloid scars) around the holes. I left the bar in the ear thinking it was an infection and didn't want the infection to close in if I take out the bar.

After about 4 or 5 months with the lumps I decided to go to the piercer to change the long industrial bar to two small ones for each hole and lo behold, the lumps went down. I'm just waiting for it to heal now and I will change it back to the long bar. Piercings done on the cartilage take ages to heal.

I had to remove my septum ring(I had too many talks against it) and changed it to a small one which is hidden inside my nose.

My lower lip piercing has a black bar and it looks like a mole so it isn't bad, I don't get people saying it's spoiling my image blah di blah.

All in all, it was great. I'm obsessed with piercings. I got my septum pierced because I dont have the right nose to pull of the top of nose piercings. I'm planning on getting my navel done again. And microdermals but somewhere it wouldn't easily get aggravated.
Re: Ear Piercings! by Ivynwa(f): 2:48am On Sep 07, 2012
kandiikane: Erm, well, the navel piercing's pain wasn't THAT bad. It was the septum that killed. Oh, it hurt! Depends on how you deal with pain.

The microdermals looked lovely especially when I cut off my hair but the nape isn't the best place if you've got long hair. My curly wig got caught in it so many times, it will heal and then becomes sore. It was a vicious circle. It ended up swelling up and healing and swelling up until the bar inside the skin decided to uproot slowly and poke out of my skin. I had to pull It out(don't try removing a microdermal by yourself. It's usually removed by having a minor surgery. I sometimes get crazy and do things without thinking) because it just looked weird with both ends showing. The reason my skin rejected the nape piercings was because of the hair getting caught in it.

My body rejected my navel piercings too because I changed the bar before it healed and too quickly(three weeks after the piercings). I noticed the skin around the piercing getting smaller and smaller and looked very thin until there was only a tiny piece of skin supporting the bar. I ended removing the bar(cried) because the skin became dry and the bar would have fallen off any minute. Now, I have a small scar where the navel piercing was and two dark dots on the back of my next.--------------------------

Oh my Gosh, I was telling you in one of my posts above for you to be careful with micro derm (as metal stays underneath the skin when it heals) without knowing that you already had it---that nape one gave you some hassles. Yeah, it does hurt when the hair gets caught up in it when it hasn't healed completely. You are very right about the cartilage taking long to heal, I got tired of waiting for my inner helix(which is on a more cartilaginous position) to heal and simply took out the ring and allowed it close up leaving only one of my helix but these designs I saw online has inspired me into redesigning my helix. I may make it outer helix this time around. Oh my Gosh, I just like that exquisite look a well designed piercings give.

I only admire the top of nose piercings when it is adorned with a barely-there tiny ring but I am not getting that. Everybody keeps saying that the nose one hurts. The septum is a no-no for me. The navel? Nah it fr*aks me out to think of having somebody put a hole in there so am a do without it. Don't go getting too much girl I beg you, sometimes minimal is more beautiful and please check and be sure that your body is not allergic to the type of metal the rings that your piercer is using for you is made of.

These things are delicate just like tattoo too in which when an unsanitized water is used to mix the ink can cause skin diseases. A lady in my work place got this sweet tattoo of her mother's name on her arm some weeks ago, few days after that I saw her with rashes and just when it was occuring to me that it may be connected to her tattoo----I decided to hint it to her for her to connect the two and seek medical help and I wasn't seeing her at work for close to a week. She came to work today, told me she has been sick and absent from work and when I asked her whether she had the rash after the tattoo she denied it but I am very sure she hadn't that rash before that tattoo cause I was always admiring and tripping over her tattoo then. She doesn't want to be told that her tattoo brought along the rash and I ain't forcing my opinion on her. Complications can arise from these things, in the past after seeing a lady with a huge tumour in her ear from a bad piercing I never believed that I will ever pierce after that cause that turned me off piercing completely then.

Hey I understand that feeling to look exquisite but we don't want you getting scars in the process okay Babes, be careful when you go for the next one and do allow that navel to heal completely before redoing it. That part of the body is delicate you know. I will like to see a picture of you and your piercings when you are done with them, I will show you mine when I am done designing them. Lol.
Re: Ear Piercings! by kandiikane(m): 1:39am On Sep 10, 2012
Lol, yeah I know. I mean I'm not going to be piercing all over my body where everyone can see. It's more for me than anyone else. That's why I change the septum ring to a small invisible one inside my nose so only I know about it.
Aha, I planned on piercing certain places but I thought no, no. Don't want my body to reject them and get scars in places that shouldn't be scarred. grin

No, I'm not allergic, I was just foolish with the navel ring and changed it when I saw a nice one in a clothes shop I went to. Didn't thing that it could be a cheap mental.

I know, it's not nice getting scars from these piecings especially the back of my neck where people are more likely to see.

My navel has healed, I was waiting for it to heal that's why I didn't pierce it right after. It's been a few months now and I think it's ready enough.

I will look around for my old piercing photos and will post the news ones after I've done them.
Re: Ear Piercings! by jenyphar(f): 12:54am On Nov 09, 2012
well done
Re: Ear Piercings! by Ivynwa(f): 11:50pm On Nov 16, 2012
@Kandiikane

Went to get a tragus on both ear lobes yesterday, on getting the first shot on my right ear----it was so painful that I couldn't take a next one on the left ear so I chickened out and was like "Okay, I will make do with one". Luckily they started with the right ear and I can have that there as I already have the helix on the left ear. It was more painful this morning, I controlled the pain with pain relievers and fortunately slept, woke up some hours ago surprised to see myself lying down on that right ear side and feeling no pain. Happy that the pain is gone now.

I can take the left tragus now but I will make do with one tragus, will get 3 or 2 set of forward helix on the right lobe later. I am simply liking my tragus right now.
Re: Ear Piercings! by kandiikane(m): 1:10am On Nov 17, 2012
Ooh, how nice. Do you have a photo?

Did they use a needle or gun? Some people tend to use guns if the skin is large enough.
Re: Ear Piercings! by Ivynwa(f): 1:56am On Nov 17, 2012
They used a piercing gun. I don't like the needle.

I can't wait for it to heal up and I can start using hoops earring on it like in the diagram below. It looks lovely with a small hoop.
I am going to get 3 pairs of sweet forward helix as shown in the last picture below. I will show you a pics someday after getting my tattoos. I am still creating something lovely in my mind that I am going to get. I am thinking of some musical instruments pictures like a guitar and a saxophone blowing out treble clef,crotchet some quaver and semi quaver notes that I can put together to create an atmosphere of angelic musical making on my upper back with the song being sang scribbled there too but I want them tiny(not too bold and heavy) like I like my earrings. Tiny is feminine to me.

Re: Ear Piercings! by Ivynwa(f): 2:17am On Nov 17, 2012
Ivynwa: I am thinking of some musical instruments pictures like a guitar and a saxophone blowing out treble clef,crotchet some quaver and semi quaver notes that I can put together to create an atmosphere of angelic musical making on my upper back with the song being sang scribbled there too but I want them tiny(not too bold and heavy) like I like my earrings. Tiny is feminine to me.

An atmosphere of music making as depicted by the pictures below but it won't be all over the place like in the pictures, something minimal and nice but making music. grin grin

Re: Ear Piercings! by cigwegbe(m): 10:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
The Cece Line Debuts Their Collection. See the latest pics on the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2626552/cece-line-debuts-collection#38409887

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of Your Body Cream? / Beautiful Bedroom Pictures | How You See Bedrooms? / Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.