Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,778 members, 7,955,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:19 PM

Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church (1640 Views)

My Wife Attitude Towards My Food / Kean Itubo Itari Umasala Is Dead! Oldest Woman In Rivers Dies At 160 Years / Why Do Many Nigerians Abroad See Those At Home As Poor, Beggarly And Fraudulent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by wwwkaycom(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2021
I and my family moved to a new area in January. As a result of this, we started attending a new church, a gospel church. Barely two weeks after joining this church, a woman accosted me and narrated a terrible story of her lack and penury to me. She asked for an assistance of just N3k to meet some family needs. I wanted to do transfer to her immediately but she told me she didn't have bank account, I had to walk a distance of about 1km to withdraw from a POS while she waited for me beside my car. I gave her the money and pitied her so much. Two days ago, she came again with another story and asked for N5k, I promised to find her 5k by tomorrow Wednesday. I later told her story to the church secretary to see if people can join me to raise some money for her to start a small business. This man told me to stop assisting her because its just a bad habit which the church had warned her against several times. I got to know that her husband who she claimed is jobless is actually engaged as a bus driver and tries his best in providing for his family, I also learnt that the stories she told me are the same stories she always tell new comers who she think are comfortable enough to continue to siphon money from. I also learnt that the church have assisted her in starting business twice and she ran the businesses aground on the two occasions. I felt so bad after hearing these about the woman, the church secretary even called three families who this same woman have related to in like manner before now, they just shook their heads and told me to stop giving her money. They all said that's how she usually start small and build up the amount She'll ask for gradually. I was even told how she wrote to a particular family that have relocated abroad and told lies about herself and got up to 250k before the church's pastor could get to know. What manner of a woman could this be? Unfortunately I've promised to give her 5k tomorrow, should I go ahead to fulfill my promise or tell her all I've heard about her? Should I allow the church secretary to call her and warn her as he suggested he'll do? I'm confused!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by Draslo(m): 11:56am On Mar 16, 2021
You already earmarked the funds to her. Just give it to her. When you do, look into her eyes and ask her never to ever bother you again or else you'd report her to the pastor. Shikena!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by dollytino4real(f): 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
bible said don't be weary in doing good because one day it will speak, na her blessings she dey share to those people who gives to her unknown to her she will always remain like dat since she is lieing about it

1 Like

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by Richy4(m): 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
Give it to her, after giving, tell her that you have contacted the church to see how they can help her and they have told you what you were telling us now... That will put her in her place... Your word is your bond I believe.. but if you don't feel comfortable doing it, you don't have to...

3 Likes

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by ImaIma1(f): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
Don't give it to her. You are encouraging her scamming attitude by doing so even after the church has told you how she had done the same to new families.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by KingAlayinde(m): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
wwwkaycom:
I and my family moved to a new area in January. As a result of this, we started attending a new church, a gospel church. Barely two weeks after joining this church, a woman accosted me and narrated a terrible story of her lack and penury to me. She asked for an assistance of just N3k to meet some family needs. I wanted to do transfer to her immediately but she told me she didn't have bank account, I had to walk a distance of about 1km to withdraw from a POS while she waited for me beside my car. I gave her the money and pitied her so much. Two days ago, she came again with another story and asked for N5k, I promised to find her 5k by tomorrow Wednesday. I later told her story to the church secretary to see if people can join me to raise some money for her to start a small business. This man told me to stop assisting her because its just a bad habit which the church had warned her against several times. I got to know that her husband who she claimed is jobless is actually engaged as a bus driver and tries his best in providing for his family, I also learnt that the stories she told me are the same stories she always tell new comers who she think are comfortable enough to continue to siphon money from. I also learnt that the church have assisted her in starting business twice and she ran the businesses aground on the two occasions. I felt so bad after hearing these about the woman, the church secretary even called three families who this same woman have related to in like manner before now, they just shook their heads and told me to stop giving her money. They all said that's how she usually start small and build up the amount She'll ask for gradually. I was even told how she wrote to a particular family that have relocated abroad and told lies about herself and got up to 250k before the church's pastor could get to know. What manner of a woman could this be? Unfortunately I've promised to give her 5k tomorrow, should I go ahead to fulfill my promise or tell her all I've heard about her? Should I allow the church secretary to call her and warn her as he suggested he'll do? I'm confused!

give her bro and let her know it'll be the last time , you'll be giving her your dime
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by Victoria938(f): 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
Don't give it to her
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by ThiagoKid(m): 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
If you want the Op to 'give it to her' click "like" if otherwise, click "share"---Op, take note.

Lalasticlala sef!
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by pozehnani(f): 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2021
Why is the church who is suppose to give her discouraging you from giving her?

Give her the one you promised her. If it's within your power to give or help her establish a small biz like you suggested, go ahead.
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by ImaIma1(f): 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2021
pozehnani:

Give her the one you promised her. If it's within your power to give or help her establish a small biz like you suggested, go ahead.

Did you read the post? The church has given her twice to start businesses but she ran them to the ground.

They have already told op her Mode of Operation and you people are still saying he should waste his money

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2021
Give her the money but remember her in your prayers. Things like this are what Holy Spirit is expert at dealing with
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:58pm On Mar 16, 2021
Give her the money but remember her in your prayers. Things like this are what Holy Spirit is expert at dealing with cool
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by ImaIma1(f): 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
wwwkaycom:

Op not every giving is of God or will be rewarded especially when you know you are not giving to a fertile ground. The church has already told you how she has been scamming members of money and you still want to reward her.

Please give to who really needs it not a leaking basket. These kind of people are common in churches. They will pass a note when it's offering time to beg for offering money. Yet if you give them, they won't drop it as offering.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by DenreleDave(m): 7:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
wwwkaycom:

Give her... It is her last
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by DenreleDave(m): 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2021
pozehnani:

Are you blind or u didn't read at alll?

Gtfoh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by mutter(f): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2021
Please give it to her or at least a part of it and tell her it's over.

1 Like

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by culf: 11:48pm On Mar 16, 2021
keep your promise and like someone said, she needs your prayers! I believe she needs the prayer more but try to do as you said you will.
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by gosmoney(m): 5:44am On Mar 17, 2021
pozehnani:

can't u read or are u reading upside down undecided

1 Like

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by gosmoney(m): 5:47am On Mar 17, 2021
ImaIma1:

Op not every giving is of God or will be rewarded especially when you know you are not giving to a fertile ground. The church has already told you how she has been scamming members of money and you still want to reward her.

Please give to who really needs it not a leaking basket. These kind of people are common in churches. They will pass a note when it's offering time to beg for offering money. Yet if you give them, they won't drop it as offering.
correct
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by Juliearth(f): 6:13am On Mar 17, 2021
wwwkaycom:

A promise is a debt. Fulfill your promise and let her know that that would be the last.
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by TypicallyBrunt(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2021
You made your pledge with the information she gave you which subsequently has been shown to be false. You're not to hold yourself to a promise made on some misrepresentation of facts fed you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by Sharonstone7719: 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2021
Give her and tell her this will be the last time you're going to give her monetary assistant.
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by youngblaq: 5:45am On Mar 18, 2021
Tho you promised her, but now ..reality has shown you she is different from what she appeared to be, which was your reason to have sympathy for her life. You can't let a person with this habit of hers reap from you with that unfortunate format.
Only God will have compassion on those he will have compassion for. Only God keeps promises, it is not necessary that men do, especially when realities exceed expectations.
Quit encouraging the woman....you no owe am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by merieam16(f): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2021
Draslo:
You already earmarked the funds to her. Just give it to her. When you do, look into her eyes and ask her never to ever bother you again or else you'd report her to the pastor. Shikena!
I dont think its right that way. All op could do is to give her the money nd wait for another time she will come nd beg as usual by then he can say he's also broke nd as bills to pay too
Re: Beggarly Attitude Of A Woman In My Church by pocohantas(f): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
Lol. Yahoo dey different types sha.

Be like na this one I go enter, because EFCC or SARS no fit arrest this woman. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rant Over! Las Las We Go Dey Alright. / To Choose Btw Son's Birthday Or Step Son's School Fees! / can i skip the marriage part of life and just have children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.