Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? (599 Views)

If you desire Long life And Prosperity, Just Do This. / Onitsha Church On A Prayer Walk For Trump (Pictures & Video) / Prayer Mobile App That Speaks To You - Making Your Phone A Prayer Partner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by PropheticMike: 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
we all have issues of our lives, our purpose, callings, vision, careers and challenges of life. Do you wish to speak to someone for counseling, prayers or mentorship?
call 08067562634 or watsapp and let us share.

whatever you are going through, God has powers to fix you and change your story.
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by SanctifiedSista(f): 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
Very good,all the best
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
PropheticMike:
we all have issues of our lives, our purpose, callings, vision, careers and challenges of life. Do you wish to speak to someone for counseling, prayers or mentorship?
call 08067562634 or watsapp and let us share.

whatever you are going through, God has powers to fix you and change your story.
When it comes to how to pray, Jesus Christ's teaching on this is very straight-forward, so why does a one require any extra-help as far as the Commandments of the New Covenant?

Matthew 6 vs 5-15
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
6. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
7. “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9. Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.[a]
10. Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
[b] 11.
Give us this day our daily bread,[c]
12. and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13. And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.[d]
14. For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,
15. but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by PropheticMike: 10:21am On Mar 17, 2021
Why did paul and silas prayed together? Has hebrews 10:25 disappeared from your Bible? God will help us in Jesus name. Do you know the power in the prayer of agreement by brethren? may our understanding be raised above pride and arrogance. May God break us and mould us for his glory.
As many as interested, we are welcoming passionate intercessors to join the team of our intercessors in south western states "youth intercessor movement" 08067562634
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On Mar 17, 2021
PropheticMike:
Why did paul and silas prayed together? Has hebrews 10:25 disappeared from your Bible? God will help us in Jesus name. Do you know the power in the prayer of agreement by brethren? may our understanding be raised above pride and arrogance. May God break us and mould us for his glory.
As many as interested, we are welcoming passionate intercessors to join the team of our intercessors in south western states "youth intercessor movement" 08067562634
I didn't know that the rule was made by Paul and Silas? shocked

And Here, I Thought Jesus Christ was the Law for us all and it is by His Word(the Word of God is fire) that we are judged, not by the words of Paul or Silas. undecided

Jesu Christ is the one who taught you about agreeing on a thing but what He commanded even there was not meant to be used to contradict what He stated as far as how to pray either. If you use one of Jesus Christ's commandment to you as a way of disobeying another one of His commandments, don't you think that by that you have handed yourself over to sin? undecided

P.s. sin is disobedience of any of the teachings/commandments given us by Jesus Christ. So, don't think you are free if you use one of His commandments as excuse to disobey another commandment. Rather learn to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments so that His very own Spirit will teach you how His truth ought to be applied. undecided
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by UgoFly: 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't know that the rule was made by Paul and Silas? shocked

And Here, I Thought Jesus Christ was the Law for us all and it is by His Word(the Word of God is fire) that we are judged, not by the words of Paul or Silas. undecided

Jesu Christ is the one who taught you about agreeing on a thing but what He commanded even there was not meant to be used to contradict what He stated as far as how to pray either. If you use one of Jesus Christ's commandment to you as a way of disobeying another one of His commandments, don't you think that by that you have handed yourself over to sin? undecided

P.s. sin is disobedience of any of the teachings/commandments given us by Jesus Christ. So, don't think you are free if you use one of His commandmentiss as excuse to disobey another commandment. Rather learn to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments so that His very own Spirit will teach you how His truth ought to be applied. undecided

so what do we do about Matt 18:20? What did Jesus tell his disciples to do with him at the gethsamane?
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Mar 18, 2021
UgoFly:
so what do we do about Matt 18:20?
Let's see what Jesus Christ in fact said/did in those two places.

Matthew 18 vs 15-18 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again.
16. But if they refuse to listen, go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.
17. If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.

18. “I can assure you that when you speak judgment here on earth, it will be God’s judgment. And when you promise forgiveness here on earth, it will be God’s forgiveness.
19. To say it another way, if two of you on earth agree on anything you pray for, my Father in heaven will do what you ask.
20. Yes, if two or three people are together believing in me, I am there with them.”
Jesus Christ instructed that if two agree on anything you pray for, it will be done. It does not say if you pray "together" for a thing in my name, my Father in heaven will do what you have both asked for. undecided
He also did not say if two or three are gathered "praying" in my name, there I am in their midst. undecided
What I have found works when it comes to the teachings of Jesus Christ is that you accept(trust) and obey whatever "literal" meaning the command gives you, and if there is a problem with that, the Spirit of God Himself will correct you - for those of you who in fact have Him in you.
And how does one get the Spirit of God? You guessed it! By accepting(trusting) and obeying the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ as it is given - do not apply your own "interpretation" to what is written. :-/
UgoFly:
What did Jesus tell his disciples to do with him at the Gethsemane?
At Gethsemane, He asked them to stay awake with Him, while He went off to pray.

Matthew 26 vs 36-46 (ERV)
36. Then Jesus went with his followers to a place called Gethsemane. He said to them, “Sit here while I go there and pray.”
37. He told Peter and the two sons of Zebedee to come with him. Then he began to be very sad and troubled.
38. Jesus said to Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, “My heart is so heavy with grief, I feel as if I am dying. Wait here and stay awake with me.”

39. Then Jesus went on a little farther away from them. He fell to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, don’t make me drink from this cup. But do what you want, not what I want.”
40. Then he went back to his followers and found them sleeping. He said to Peter, “Could you men not stay awake with me for one hour?
41. Stay awake and pray for strength against temptation. Your spirit wants to do what is right, but your body is weak.”

42. Then Jesus went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if I must do this[c] and it is not possible for me to escape it, then I pray that what you want will be done.”

43. Then he went back to the followers. Again he found them sleeping. They could not stay awake.
44. So he left them and went away one more time and prayed. This third time he prayed, he said the same thing.

45. Then Jesus went back to the followers and said, “Are you still sleeping and resting? The time has come for the Son of Man to be handed over to the control of sinful men.
46. Stand up! We must go. Here comes the one who will hand me over.”
Jesus Christ went off in front to pray on His own. Later He then asks His disciples to pray for strength and temptation. The use of the word "your" seems to indicate He did not mean "together".
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by UgoFly: 9:14am On Mar 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Let's see what Jesus Christ in fact said/did in those two places.
Jesus Christ instructed that if two agree on anything you pray for, it will be done. It does not say if you pray "together" for a thing in my name, my Father in heaven will do what you have both asked for. undecided
He also did not say if two or three are gathered "praying" in my name, there I am in their midst. undecided
What I have found works when it comes to the teachings of Jesus Christ is that you accept(trust) and obey whatever "literal" meaning the command gives you, and if there is a problem with that, the Spirit of God Himself will correct you - for those of you who in fact have Him in you.
And how does one get the Spirit of God? You guessed it! By accepting(trusting) and obeying the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ as it is given - do not apply your own "interpretation" to what is written. :-/
At Gethsemane, He asked them to stay awake with Him, while He went off to pray.
Jesus Christ went off in front to pray on His own. Later He then asks His disciples to pray for strength and temptation. The use of the word "your" seems to indicate He did not mean "together".

Lol. I enjoy your biblical interpretation in NL at times but now you are being too mechanical. If prayers were to be strictly alone or done in isolation like you are portraying, then Jesus wouldn't have said where 2/3 are gathered He is in their midst. If he is in their midst, then what stops them from asking Him anything there in His presence? When He wanted to pray in agony, He didn't go to the mountain alone but went with some disciples. He was even concerned that they weren't praying. This is because He understands companionship. You are trying to fault the OP calling for praying partners using what Jesus said but that's being too technical. Jesus had disciples who were partners with each other and they always prayed together. This doesn't take away the importance of praying alone in your secret place.
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by UgoFly: 9:18am On Mar 18, 2021
UgoFly:

Lol. I enjoy your biblical interpretation in NL at times but now you are being too mechanical. If prayers were to be strictly alone or done in isolation like you are portraying, then Jesus wouldn't have said where 2/3 are gathered He is in their midst. If he is in their midst, then what stops them from asking Him anything there in His presence? When He wanted to pray in agony, He didn't go to the mountain alone but went with some disciples. He was even concerned that they weren't praying. This is because He understands companionship. You are trying to fault the OP calling for praying partners using what Jesus said but that's being too technical. Jesus had disciples who were partners with each other and they always prayed together. This doesn't take away the importance of praying alone in your secret place.

Made a mistake with the OP. thought he was calling out for prayer partners but he is looking for who he would pray for and they will sow seed. he is advertising prayers.
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by UgoFly: 9:27am On Mar 18, 2021
UgoFly:

Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by Janosky: 11:21am On Mar 18, 2021
UgoFly:

Made a mistake with the OP. thought he was calling out for prayer partners but he is looking for who he would pray for and they will sow seed. he is advertising prayers.

Pastorpreneur, you mean? grin cheesy
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by UgoFly: 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
Janosky:

Pastorpreneur, you mean? grin cheesy
Na hustle o.

1 Like

Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
UgoFly:
Lol. I enjoy your biblical interpretation in NL at times but now you are being too mechanical. If prayers were to be strictly alone or done in isolation like you are portraying, then Jesus wouldn't have said where 2/3 are gathered He is in their midst. If he is in their midst, then what stops them from asking Him anything there in His presence?
Granted, it all seems a tad "mechanical" at first but when you start to accept(trust) and obey the teachings/Commandments of Jesus Christ, you begin to, through His Spirit, realize the Truth of and in what is stated. undecided

Please understand, I didn't portray any of this. I am simply following what Jesus Christ Himself commanded of us to do, and according to Him, our prayers are meant to be offered in such a manner that no man sees or hears of it except God Himself who hears and sees in secret.

Matthew 6 vs 5-15
5. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
6. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
7. “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9. Pray then like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.[a]
10. Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
[b] 11.
Give us this day our daily bread,[c]
12. and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13. And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.[d]
14. For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,
15. but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
This is what Jesus Christ commanded and the Truth does not contradict itself. So, the same Jesus Christ then declares that where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name, there He is in their midst, and we have example after example of gatherings of people who came to see and hear from Him, but barely any examples of him instructing the crowds that gathered to pray together at these gatherings.

Matthew 18 vs 15-18 (ERV)
15. “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again.
16. But if they refuse to listen, go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.
17. If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.

18. “I can assure you that when you speak judgment here on earth, it will be God’s judgment. And when you promise forgiveness here on earth, it will be God’s forgiveness.
19. To say it another way, if two of you on earth agree on anything you pray for, my Father in heaven will do what you ask.
20. Yes, if two or three people are together believing in me, I am there with them.”
When He teaches on two or three agreeing on something, He does not say "they pray(together) for" but instead says "you pray for"- bringing this back to the individual. And when He teaches of people gathering together believing in Him, He does not mention prayer at all. undecided
UgoFly:
When He wanted to pray in agony, He didn't go to the mountain alone but went with some disciples. He was even concerned that they weren't praying. This is because He understands companionship. You are trying to fault the OP calling for praying partners using what Jesus said but that's being too technical. Jesus had disciples who were partners with each other and they always prayed together. This doesn't take away the importance of praying alone in your secret place.
There were other times when Jesus Christ did not go to the mountain alone to pray either, and on all those occasions, He left His disciples behind so He could go alone to pray. undecided

As for your claim that Jesus Christ had disciples who were partners with each other, that has nothing to do with His teaching. Every single believer who wishes to follow Jesus Christ is called to accept(trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ, and according to His teaching, the Covenant that is Jesus Christ is between God and individual man, not between God and partners.
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by PropheticMike: 10:22am On Mar 23, 2021
UgoFly:

Read in details please. who asked for seed sowing? prayer is the key. stop attacking everyone you meet online. we have an intercessory prayer movement and we are welcoming people
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by PropheticMike: 10:33am On Mar 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When it comes to how to pray, Jesus Christ's teaching on this is very straight-forward, so why does a one require any extra-help as far as the Commandments of the New Covenant?
It is well. i have no argument with you but try knowing the person involved before you come online and post attacking piece on my post.
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by Kobojunkie: 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
PropheticMike:

It is well. i have no argument with you but try knowing the person involved before you come online and post attacking piece on my post.
Jesus Christ said I should know you by your fruits ,in this case, your post. undecided
What you post tells me what you believe for it comes out of the abundance of what you have stored up in your heart, does it not? undecided
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by PropheticMike: 11:26am On Mar 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said I should know you by your fruits ,in this case, your post. undecided
What you post tells me what you believe for it comes out of the abundance of what you have stored up in your heart, does it not? undecided
so, can I also conclude here without knowing you that you are also an online terrorist? you see, don't cause any shame of the Gospel by attacking everything and everyone, except your little ideology........ advance your idea on your platform and let others do the same. stop trying to be God on another person's posts. write articles, provide options for people, people will test it and move with the truth. kumuyi is bad, oyedepo is bad, odukoya is a devil, adeboye is a fool, then, you are also seriously sick. if everyone before you is wrong, you too have a big problem, my brother
Re: Do You Desire A Prayer Partner Or A Mentor? by Kobojunkie: 11:54am On Mar 29, 2021
PropheticMike:

so, can I also conclude here without knowing you that you are also an online terrorist? you see, don't cause any shame of the Gospel by attacking everything and everyone, except your little ideology........ advance your idea on your platform and let others do the same. stop trying to be God on another person's posts. write articles, provide options for people, people will test it and move with the truth. kumuyi is bad, oyedepo is bad, odukoya is a devil, adeboye is a fool, then, you are also seriously sick. if everyone before you is wrong, you too have a big problem, my brother
I see you are one of those who don't know how to read, confusing an emotional rant as a response. Again....
Kobojunkie:

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Christian Creed / What Do Biblical Messages Represented By Animals Mean? / Ever Been Duped By A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.