Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan (88989 Views)

Joys Priscilla Oyedepo & Abodunrin Olaleye White Wedding Photos / Coronavirus: How Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Prophesied In 2014 About COVID-19 / The Story Of Nigeria Pastor, Daniel Abodunrin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by nedekid: 12:29am On Mar 17, 2021
fergie001:
Heard the news as a student there but always felt it was just fiction.
I saw the body. Got there just after it happened.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by grandstar(m): 12:32am On Mar 17, 2021
A whole Jesus when tempted by the devil humbly said "You must not put Jehovah to test"

This prophet paid darely for his foolishness and pride.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by nedekid: 12:36am On Mar 17, 2021
babytoun:
I was a student at the University then ... I was actually at the zoo the day before this incident ..

The religious exuberance of the "prophet" and negligence on the part of the zoo authorities caused it ..

Even if the man had a mental problem, accessing the lions would have been near impossible ...but in this case there was a loophole the authorities failed to pay attention to ...

The open cage where the lions were put on display had an open roof and since the fence was high enough I reckon that the authorities perceived no risk ..except that there was a tree just by the cage which had grown taller than the cage and whose branches had spread into the cage ...so the man simply climbed the tree and used the branches to jump into the cage ...the rest is history ..

Immediately after the incident the tree was cut down ...funny enough in 2016 I paid a visit to the zoo and saw that another tree had grown in same fashion by the cage ...we no dey learn for 9ja.
Was a student there too. Got to the zoo after the incident.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by onomeabuja: 1:19am On Mar 17, 2021
Racoon:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=281688629984801&id=100044309985681
oga una don use laugh destroy my night haba " prophet daniel of ibadan-nigeria" him too much jare.....kia him fling bible away when he discovered he has bin scamed by false prophet grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by calcal: 2:12am On Mar 17, 2021
The guy na mumu, he for hide taser inside the bible point it to the lion while shouting jay! jay! jay!
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by AdemolaA2: 2:27am On Mar 17, 2021
Henrydonland:

what does this mean

P for puffpuff
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by OduntanGabriel(m): 3:17am On Mar 17, 2021
I still remember this story vividly, as someone who grew up in Ibadan, it became the talk of the town especially in religious places. One thing I heard was that he went there with a staff (opa) and his bible and that the lion didn’t attack him at first but he kept on shouting Jah Jah with his staff or rod depending on what u feel and this made the lion uncomfortable thinking the prophet wanted to attack him... The rest they say it is history... If the prophet had left the lion’s cage unscathed, do you know how many followers he would be having in his church today? All media houses will be talking about him... God knows best... May His soul Rest In Peace

1 Like

Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by electhnd(m): 3:23am On Mar 17, 2021
kingxsamz:
Reminds me of when kids watch superman and think they can also be able to fly, but end up hurting themselves. That's what happens when you risk your life over fairytales.
not fairytales my friend, the difference is clear, ......
the real Daniel was trown into the Lions den for not worshipping idol......

this one killed em self

moral lesson: don't copy other people, because you see me A doing, u play along
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by fergie001: 4:33am On Mar 17, 2021
nedekid:

Damn it....would have been a sorry sight.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Damovintrain: 4:38am On Mar 17, 2021
Some are accusing the man of God to be stupid or foolish. But I tell you, Faith makes people do stupid and foolish things...

Remember, Shedrack Meshack and Abednego were recalled to say, '....... whether or not their God saved them they will not bow to the idol gods of Babylon '

Even the biblical Daniel upon knowing the repercussions of praying didn't stop praying...

So, I won't condemn the prophet Daniel, because,

1. He did it to glorify God, so whether or not God answers him is not is problem. It's not every prayers God answers but His name must be praised.

In everything give Him praise

2. He prophet Daniels believed in his God.

3. Think about it
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by uglodoh(f): 4:56am On Mar 17, 2021
dominique:
I still have very vague memories of the story. He wasn't devoured by lions, he was mauled and I believe it was just one lion in the cage. His mangled body was still in one piece meaning the lion didn't eat him up as reported. I had sleepless nights on seeing the graphic photos of his corpse which made headline of every single newspaper in the country

The day the incident happened the lion had already been fed with goat. He had enough food already.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by rimam849(m): 5:46am On Mar 17, 2021
daniel was thrown due to envy while prophet was torn apart due to ignorance and stupidity....see history...another insane person!
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:07am On Mar 17, 2021
Wow! smiley
This is wonderful!
So you do read through other threads apart from writing and posting different things against a particular group! cheesy
Well you're right anyway Daniel was not a Christian i hope it's this is not what Watchtower taught you because they're the ones that taught me how to distinguish between CHRISTIANS and FAITHFUL SERVANTS of God before Christ era! smiley

rottennaija:

Daniel was not a Christian
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by rottennaija(m): 6:16am On Mar 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Wow! smiley
This is wonderful!
So you do read through other threads apart from writing and posting different things against a particular group! cheesy
Well you're right anyway Daniel was not a Christian i hope it's this is not what Watchtower taught you because they're the ones that taught me how to distinguish between CHRISTIANS and FAITHFUL SERVANTS of God before Christ era! smiley

I see you are still monitoring my post. But it's is too early to be foolish.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 17, 2021
Run away from religious fanatics! They are insane and likely to die early due to their overkill of religious ideologies and doctrines! U need to use common sense at all times

1 Like

Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Neoteny(m): 6:52am On Mar 17, 2021
meobizy:
At least he made himself infamous. Thirty years later, we speak of his folly. I can say for sure those lions did not devour him. Humans are too bony and can’t sustain one talk less of more lions. They likely killed then left his carcass alone.

I don't think it said anywhere the lions killed for sustenance.

He was probably just an easy snack anyway.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by 2mch(m): 7:05am On Mar 17, 2021
Heathrow44:
Run away from religious fanatics! They are insane and likely to die early due to their overkill of religious ideologies and doctrines! U need to use common sense at all times
He was clearly insane and hiding under prophet. Which is accurate as most who claim to see vision have mental illness. This feat has been also repeated around the world by the mentally insane. So you are correct in your observation

1 Like

Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:15am On Mar 17, 2021
Monitoring you say? smiley

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa!
That's called picking interest.
I'm just inquisitive as to that force (spirit) driving your thoughts. So just as you're interested in whatever the Watchtower does i don't think you should be offended when others pick interest in you!
But you shouldn't be evasive nah, i asked you a simple question Did the Watchtower taught you how to distinguish between a Christian and faithful servants of God before Christ era? smiley

rottennaija:

I see you are still monitoring my post. But it's is too early to be foolish.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by mechanics(m): 7:37am On Mar 17, 2021
Hmmmmm, he was wrong to have test his faith that way, miracles don't happen by boasting.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Awasa: 8:27am On Mar 17, 2021
Naija na cruise tey tey
Good morning Afonja
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Psoul(m): 8:49am On Mar 17, 2021
He must have listened to one Motivational speaker like dat.

He may have started wt a very strong faith and in the middle of the whole show, he remembered that it's possible for the lions to devour him. At that point, his faith left him.

....and Peter said to Him, Rabbi, if this is you beckon me to come to you. And Jesus told him to come. Peter stood and walked on the water.
After few steps he started sinking.
He started sinking when he realized that the ocean can consume him and at that point his faith left him.

Well, that prophet tempted God and God is God of principles.
He said never do this and when u do it, He will not spare you.
He will allow that evil to befall you so that others will not follow that bad route.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by haulagehandlers(m): 9:04am On Mar 17, 2021
heendrix:
Fake news, he was actually the one that killed the Lion which he later got arrested for it
INDOMIE GENERATION SPOTTED
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Neddstark: 9:11am On Mar 17, 2021
ajimo54:

Prophet Abodunrin neva knew he had only read a fable! What a pity!People should learn from history. I expected those pastors and bishops to have spoken during lockdown for Corona virus to die a natural death like Jesus cast out demons!

You people want to sound intelligent but end up being dull. If you are going to dismiss the story of Daniel in the lion's den, you can as well infer that the Babylonian empire didnt exist. You can also say that Israelites were not forcefully taken to captivity to stay in Babylon.
With respect to the story, God is not to be put to test. Christianity is deep. You do not loook at it on the surface and surmise you have the perfect understanding of it.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by dazzlingd(m): 9:27am On Mar 17, 2021
1Sharon:

Have you seen them here, hastily hurrying to defend their god and why God didn't save him

Boko haram abducts Christians and keep them in their dens, yet the miracle of paul and silas hasn't located them. Maybe their faith wasnt strong enough to be of that of the mustard seed

1 Like

Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by dazzlingd(m): 9:32am On Mar 17, 2021
Neddstark:

You people want to sound intelligent but end up being dull. If you are going to dismiss the story of Daniel in the lion's den, you can as well infer that the Babylonian empire didnt exist. You can also say that Israelites were not forcefully taken to captivity to stay in Babylon.
With respect to the story, God is not to be put to test. Christianity is deep. You do not loook at it on the surface and surmise you have the perfect understanding of it.

You know super man is real, spider man as well....they existed in united states of America....

Santa claus too is real...

Oyinbo created story books for african adults, while they read, they took their senses...oyibo too get sense grin

2 Likes

Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Neddstark: 10:00am On Mar 17, 2021
dazzlingd:

You know super man is real, spider man as well....they existed in united states of America....

Santa claus too is real...

Oyinbo created story books for african adults, while they read, they took their senses...oyibo too get sense grin

Alright
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 17, 2021
oaugraduate1234:

You're a senseless fool, idiot
Just like your father.
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Sammerboi: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2021
Christianity go make believe in anything lol
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by Litmus: 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2021
Preteens, I was obsessed by wildlife and Westerns (Cowboys Indians). A good artist, I had many drawing books filled with images along these lines. I lived life at this time equally between Nigeria and the UK. In Nigeria, I found people continually unimpressed with my depictions of lions praised endlessly in the UK. I drew Lions realistically, i.e., with pot bellies and it was this that Nigerians disliked. It wasn’t until I saw a picture of a Nigerian lion that I understood.

Nigerian lions are without doubt the hungriest looking beasts anywhere and our poor Prophet, if he had the slightest chance of surviving a caged lion mauling, due perhaps to some freakary in quantum reality, Nigeria wouldn’t be the place.

1 Like

Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by 1Sharon(f): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2021
nedekid:

Was it mangled?
Re: How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan by 1Sharon(f): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
Neddstark:

Where is Babylon? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rape Allegation: Nigerians Protest At COZA Church (Live Updates) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Sunday Service Suspended In SCOAN Over TB Joshua’s Death, Members Weep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.