Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery (18474 Views)

Coronavirus: Wike Reveals Identity Of Rivers Index Case, Close Down Markets / Coronavirus: Dr. Amarachukwu Karen Allison Who Suspected Index Case In Nigeria / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Omihanifa: 2:06am On Mar 17, 2021
The Kano state government has revealed that the index case of the strange disease that has claimed four lives drank borehole water near Dandolo cemetery.

The state’s Commissioner of Health, Dr. Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa, who made this known during a press briefing on Tuesday, said investigation revealed that other individuals that came up with similar symptoms consumed prepared juice from instant flavoured drink powder.

This is even as the commissioner confirmed that in the last 10 days of the outbreak, four persons have died while a total of 284 have been affected in 10 of the 44 local government areas of the state.

The LGAs with such cases are Gwale, Kano Municipal, Dala, Fagge, Ungogo, Kumotso, Tarauni, Bunkure, Rano, Dawakin-Kudu, Dawakin-Tofa, Gwarzo and Dambatta.

According to the commissioner, the illness is with “a barrage of symptoms including fever, yellowish discolouration of the eyes, haematuria, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache, body-aches, generalized body weakness, dizziness and in some cases requiring blood transfusion.”

Tsanyawa said that the samples of water, blood and the different instant drink powder have been taken for different tests in order to pin down a diagnosis ranging from foodborne illness, food poisoning-Lassa fever, yellow fever, Dengue fever, chemical poisoning, toxic hepatitis among others.

So far, the results, according to him, have proven that negative for Lassa and yellow fever as well as non-reactive for hepatitis but the results for heavy metals and leptospirosis was still being awaited along with findings of the National Agency of Food and Drug Administration (NAFDAC) on samples of the instant drink and powders.

He added that the Ministry, in collaboration with other relevant authorities, has since commenced on the spot checks and supervisions of expired assorted foods and drinks across major markets and distribution points in the state.

This, it was gathered has yielded some results with the arrest of three persons and the confiscation of goods worth N59 million.

He called on the general public to avoid taking such instant powder drinks, especially at this period that Ramadan is approaching.

“As we are near the fasting (Ramadan) period, that one can fulfil his daily recommended intake of fruits by drinking 100 percent juice by following safety guidelines to help prevent foodborne illness alongside personal and environmental hygiene.”

Meanwhile, the state government has banned the sale of any type of instant flavoured drink in the state.

The Managing Director of Kano State Consumer Protection Council, Dr. Baffa Babba Danagundi, said the prohibited drinks include instant flavour drink powder such as Foster Clark Critic Acid and Jolly Juice, among others.

He said the government has mandated the council to go after anyone buying or selling any flavour drink in the state.

He called on the general populace of Kano not to relent in reporting to the council any person that continues with this business.

https://dailytrust.com/index-case-of-strange-disease-drank-water-near-a-cemetery-kano-govt

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by JaneYave(f): 2:59am On Mar 17, 2021
Till now Kano health experts have failed to give a valid epidiomological report. All I read is baseless grammer.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Administration1: 9:32am On Mar 17, 2021
Maybe the index case-patient, tried getting a new type of highness, probably from the water from freshly buried corpses. youths from that end tend to get high from various substances.

29 Likes

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:32am On Mar 17, 2021
This is even as the commissioner confirmed that in the last 10 days of the outbreak, four persons have died while a total of 284 have been affected in 10 of the 44 local government areas of the state.
The State and. Federal Government should do something about this ASAP to save lives and moreover, before it starts spreading all over the nation.

Every lives matter.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by jayworld15(m): 9:33am On Mar 17, 2021
Abeg any Sumerian Nigerian from summertime who fit summarize dis? undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by chukwuibuipob: 9:33am On Mar 17, 2021
sad North dem

1 Like

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by YoungLionken(m): 9:33am On Mar 17, 2021
I pity for my people embarassed..
I really wished they're educated as those in the south cry...

2 Likes

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by FalseProphet1(m): 9:33am On Mar 17, 2021
I see the dead fighting the living because their deaths was caused by the injustice in this country, I see the dead crying for more blood, I see the dark forces blowing an evil wind in Northern Nigeria. This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by theTranslator: 9:33am On Mar 17, 2021
Lol aboki drink cemetery water cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by eleojo23: 9:34am On Mar 17, 2021
Why strange diesels dey always come out from that Kano ? If it is not strange disease, it's strange deaths.

Na wa o
Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by KingTom(m): 9:34am On Mar 17, 2021
Borehole near cemetery. 'Strange' diseases have been ravaging Kano for a while now

1 Like

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by LibertyRep: 9:34am On Mar 17, 2021
Damn.
People get water from unusual places, even down South here.

Check the proximity of your sewage tank to the well or borehole in your compound.

Access to portable water is still a luxury in this part of the world, especially during the dry season.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Jabar2017: 9:34am On Mar 17, 2021
If na play I beg stop am....
Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Grace001: 9:34am On Mar 17, 2021
If they don’t know what to do, they please let the strange disease stay there in Kano (North). Make them no bring am come south abeg.
Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Sonnobax15(m): 9:34am On Mar 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
I remembered how I almost died back then in Suleja prior to the unhygienic water that they have there..

Them no tell me first before I locate big joe motor park tay run come back to my warri one Early morning

The problem for north just too much...Once you travel go north from south and your body system no too strong via immune,you must collect one or two sickness wey go make you regret why you leave your south south go north at the first place

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by vengertime: 9:34am On Mar 17, 2021
I don't think it's God blessing to keep me in the same country with these animals.

God can never do these type of mistake

8 Likes

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Yewandequeen(f): 9:35am On Mar 17, 2021
So they haven't gotten the illness name?

1 Like

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by theTranslator: 9:35am On Mar 17, 2021
Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Igbankpa(m): 9:35am On Mar 17, 2021
state 2 positive contributions of the north to the nigerian federation. omo I submit blank sheet after 2hrs 30 minutes

7 Likes

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:36am On Mar 17, 2021
Vvg
Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Emu4life(m): 9:36am On Mar 17, 2021
Na wow o.
vengertime:
I don't think it's God blessing to keep me in the same country with these animals.

It's very easy to detect a dull person on the cyber space. Epidemics can occur anywhere. There was one in the Eastern part of the country early this year, should we call them animals too? Or you would have probably preferred to be born in Wuhan....

YoungLionken:
I pity for my people embarassed..
I really wished they're educated as those in the south cry...
It's not matter of education person wey go get sense, go get sense. Person wey no go get sense, even with PhD no go still get sense. How will a sane person drink water from a source near a cemetery

1 Like

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:38am On Mar 17, 2021
Funny thing is an average Nigerian will ascribe it to supernatural cause.

NCDC na only Covid 19 their power reach

Where are the health experts in the health sector Maybe financial reward should be attached for whoever can decipher the disease. Money moves mountains Esp in my country.

1 Like

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by peter8535: 9:39am On Mar 17, 2021
Wahala be lyke pregnant woman..em no dey ...maka i no talk sha
Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by baralatie(m): 9:39am On Mar 17, 2021
Yewandequeen:
So they haven't gotten the illness name?
that is the first thing I was expecting to read

2 Likes

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by LaserWr: 9:40am On Mar 17, 2021
Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by DennisEche(m): 9:42am On Mar 17, 2021
vengertime:

MY HEART BLEEDS FOR THE NORTH, SEEING THOSE IMAGES. MAN INHUMANITY TO MANKIND

3 Likes

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by charlesucheh(m): 9:42am On Mar 17, 2021
The POLITICAL ECONOMY OF INSTANT POWDER FRUIT JUICE.

Let me Explain this ; Since the powder juice come in cheaper and affordable rates, it automatically serves as a perfect supplement for other high class juice own by big shots men which are being gradually driven out by these powder juice. Hence the Need to organise a market coup d'etat on the Mr Nobody of a powder juice.

This is my View o! Nigerian Business moguls can be extreme at times. what do y'all think??

2 Likes

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Yewandequeen(f): 9:43am On Mar 17, 2021
baralatie:
that is the first thing I was expecting to read
i had to read all over again to see if i was missing something cos the name was the first thing i looked out for

1 Like

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by baralatie(m): 9:45am On Mar 17, 2021
Yewandequeen:
i had to read all over again to see if i was missing something cos the name was the first thing i looked out for
some kind of infection is killing people and the whole medical staff and scientist do not have an idea of exactly what it is

1 Like

Re: Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery by Awoo88: 9:49am On Mar 17, 2021
The kano who want to fo oral autopsy for death of hundreds of it citizens will write this off as the will of Allah. Idiots

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heart Attacks And Hemorrhagic Strokes: Do Nigerians Survive These Attacks? / Natural Compound In Bananas Prevents HIV Transmission / Monkeypox: Can It Be Treated And How Worried Should You Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.