Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,714,824 members, 6,415,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 August 2021 at 03:06 PM

Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable (20039 Views)

Catalytic Converter Problems? Cheap Solution / 02 Sensor Spacers With Catalytic Converter Inside. Clears P0420 and P0430 code / Universal Car Catalytic Converter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19
nairamaniac:

I think it would enable your car to pass the emission test.
Based on the code (DTC) for NO CATALYTIC CONVERTER wouldn't be amongst the reasons for CHECK ENGINE LIGHT to show on your dashboard.

I'm believing that is all it would do.

but wd never perform the roles of the removed catalytic converter.
Emission test in Nigeria? you are talking of a country where we cook with fire wood angry

1 Like

Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by erico2k2(m): 8:13pm On Mar 19
Ojey1234:
a friend of mine is using Toyota corolla 2007 for bolt I'm Ibadan, pls what can he use to reduce the car fuel consumption
Not to overload the car

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by HottieCoach(f): 9:47am On Mar 20
Buffalo2:
The fellow that tried it with me regretted his action. I changed my silencer net and in the process he removed the catalytic converter. I discovered immediately I cranked the engine cos I know much about vehicles, then I asked him why the change in sound of the car and the werey told me that it was because of the new net. I just smiled and went to fetch two of my police friends and narrated everything to them and where to locate it in the vehicle. We got to the workshop and I confronted him but in their usual manner he vehemently denied it. without wasting time, my people demanded that the car be jacked, omo come and see drama grin my man was looking for jack that was right in the boot. After every every he started begging and luckily for me he hadn't sold it. he was first asked to replace it and later taken away for some days .

Smart wink
i must commend your action

1 Like

Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by Iamdj(m): 6:22pm On Mar 20
Nairalnaders, Please this is the scan result of my Ford. What is the implications and like cost of fixing.

Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by nairamaniac: 2:10pm On Mar 21
erico2k2:

Emission test in Nigeria? you are talking of a country where we cook with fire wood angry
well, u are right.

I was thinking there are times whereby emission tests are compulsorily done in nigeria.

Like when I want to use the car for UBER or BOLT
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22pm On Mar 21
Iamdj:

Nairalnaders, Please this is the scan result of my Ford. What is the implications and like cost of fixing.

https://www.nairaland.com/6280487/catalytic-converter-problems-cheap-solution#96462231
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by Stricklybidness: 6:24am On Mar 22
Amono:
I sent my car to my painter, it came back sounding like a v8 , I suspected something was wrong , took it to my panelbeater, he inspected and told me the catalytic converter under the car was stolen. I picked up the painter, at the end he spent ₦200,000 getting a Toks catalytic converter for my corolla

You can also get this product if you don't want to buy a catalyst.

https://www.nairaland.com/6280487/catalytic-converter-problems-cheap-solution#96462231

What's that?
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by Stricklybidness: 6:26am On Mar 22
Namdeenero:
Wow! Wahala dey o. Op you for post this news low key o

Why?
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by melviniyke2002(m): 12:30am On Mar 30
HottieCoach:

Have your vehicle scanned , if you have p0420 or 430 there is no catalyst
dis is not true.... P0420 indicates that the catalytic converter is not functioning efficiently...
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by kingreign(m): 5:53am On Mar 30
melviniyke2002:
dis is not true.... P0420 indicates that the catalytic converter is not functioning efficiently...

She gave a lot of misinformation in that catalytic converter threat that made front page. Unfortunately, most Nigerians (who do not bother to carry out independent research) have swallowed this misinformation hook, line and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by HottieCoach(f): 11:08am On Mar 30
melviniyke2002:

Assuming you are correct, will you repair it?
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by melviniyke2002(m): 4:09pm On Mar 30
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by HottieCoach(f): 6:56pm On Mar 31
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by DanielsParker(m): 7:36am On Apr 28
Iamdj:

Good morning, how were you able to scan this with your mobile phone?
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by sammily(m): 3:44pm On Apr 28
DanielsParker:

Good morning, how were you able to scan this with your mobile phone?

Most model vehicles comes with OBD input to connect to the car's ECU. You will first need to buy an OBD 2 Bluetooth device as shown below. Then download the OBD Torque App from Playstore and connect the devise to your phone using its Bluetooth. Once connected, your can scan for fault codes, clear faults, view your car's engine data etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by DanielsParker(m): 3:52pm On May 01
sammily:

Most model vehicles comes with OBD input to connect to the car's ECU. You will first need to buy an OBD 2 Bluetooth device as shown below. Then download the OBD Torque App from Playstore and connect the devise to your phone using its Bluetooth. Once connected, your can scan for fault codes, clear faults, view your car's engine data etc.

Thanks
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by NoContract(m): 11:31am On May 14
Ojey1234:
a friend of mine is using Toyota corolla 2007 for bolt I'm Ibadan, pls what can he use to reduce the car fuel consumption

Hello, please help me ask your guy wey dey ride bolt how much he makes weekly.

I just bought a 2010 and I'd like to use it for bolt.
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by HottieCoach(f): 9:57am On May 23
kingreign:

She gave a lot of misinformation in that catalytic converter threat that made front page. Unfortunately, most Nigerians (who do not bother to carry out independent research) have swallowed this misinformation hook, line and sinker.

smiley
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by HottieCoach(f): 10:04am On May 23

Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by drmuchin: 3:26am On May 26
HottieCoach:
https://www.nairaland.com/6491031/preorder-vehicle-parts-tools-much

Can you procure Transmission(gearbox) heat exchanger(oil cooler) for VW golf 4 2.0L
Re: Why Your Car's Catalytic Converter Is Very Valuable by HottieCoach(f): 3:17pm On May 26
drmuchin:

Can you procure Transmission(gearbox) heat exchanger(oil cooler) for VW golf 4 2.0L

Yes,
Send Vin
Whatsapp: 09083224217.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1st EVER. Custom company in NAIJA we customise Cars See Pics / Year Model And Chassis Numbers (vin) / Buy A Car Based On Ur Budget,model,brand N Specs(used/reg.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.