Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? (10161 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job / Have You Quit Your Job Before Because You Were Fed Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by peacenaija(m): 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by lollybee15(m): 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
It's "have you ever lost" and not "have you ever lose". Stop murdering grammar pls.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by nwakibie3(m): 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
No I have not lose a dream job before grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
Currently working as a Telecommunications Engineer,,, but I'm still hoping to work with TCN someday coz that's my dream job,,,, that is if God wills angry

Let's hear from your own side if you have ever lose lost a dream job before. What led to that? How do you feel loosen losing such a dream job? How was were your reactions like? What's your advice to people going through such an emotional trauma for loosen losing such a job or opportunity?

Pls your advice is needed as many are experiencing job depression

nwakibie3:
No I have not lose a dream job before grin

Even the mods no try at all. Dem suppose moderate the post small grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by guass(m): 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
To lose a good job in Nigeria is suicidal.
WHEN I LOST MY GOVERNMENT JOB, DUE TO TRIBAL SENTIMENT, MY BODY COMPLEXION CHANGED FOR WORSE, MY WIFE'S BEHAVIOR CHANGED NEGATIVELY, MY CLOSE FRIENDS STARTED GIVING ME NEGATIVE ATTITUDE.
Finally, I realized that a man without a good job is as good as a DEAD MAN LIVING.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by crazygod(m): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
A job you had in your dream? Sure na. When you wake up
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by oyeb15: 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
I almost land a bank job with my strong connection just for d Area Manager to tell me that he wasn't told am a university graduate that they need me to have OND which I don't.My name was already on d list for a new branch @a private University.I just missed.

I felt bad being a university graduate through out that week.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by countryman13: 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2021
I missed mine coz d date of d last interview was d same date I got married
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by SmartPolician: 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2021
Well, I lost a $3k job when I got to the 3rd stage. I wasn't myself for days. I still wonder why I lost after the interviewer pretended to be impressed. In fact, I still feel bad whenever I remember the experience.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Geekamon(m): 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
I lost a job with a multinational oil company, late 2019.

Successfully scaled through 5 levels of assessments, which includes tests and interviews. Got invited for medicals... Did it .... Then never heard from them again...

I reached out to them via mail, but didn't receive any response till today.

I just accepted that God has something better planned.

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by omlueh(m): 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes of course, i lost one with SPDC in 2004 after finishing and passing through interview, but due to the fact that the issue of Ogoni Land was still pending my name with some other colleagues is still on the waiting list as of then, but all the same, i give Almighty God the Glory, at least He has sustained me with another Job since 2006 till now in one of the multi-national organization in Lagos, though as a Junior Staff with a good salary to home with @ least 5digit zeros. I give God the Glory Always.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by andrewtosin(m): 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
NNPC cry
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Babafash(m): 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
signature2012:
I did.
2006 I was offered a job without writing any test,interview or screening.

It was an oil company in PH(NAOC).
My then girlfriend did the connection for me.
Her dad was a director in the same organisation.
Her brother was a top personnel in HR.
Unfortunately out of fear of Niger Delta militancy and kidnapping of oil workers back then,I rejected the job.
Well,for good 3 years,I suffered it!
Guy your village people are after u. How can u reject an oil job in this Nigeria that there is no job anywhere . This one choke me kiss
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by signature2012(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
Babafash:
Guy your village people are after u. How can u reject an oil job in this Nigeria that there is no job anywhere . This one choke me kiss

�����
I crieddddddd
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by FiverrTutor(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes! In 2018 I lost a $400 a week job with a multinational company based in Denmark. Did all the interviews and finally that sweet Friday morning was sent my offer letter and other documents which I signed and sent, only for me to wake up on Monday morning and my offer was terminated due to a decision made by their management team which they refused to disclose.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by fatymore(f): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Do I have a dream job sha. undecided

My dream job is to have a chain of stores in my name selling FMCG....

I so much like flexibility cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by opribo(m): 9:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes, my wicked nephew seized my appointment letter.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Asour: 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
oma19:
Yes I have, but not my fault is just because I don't speak certain language or from a particular region.
I was called for a job interview only to find out the manager has a candidate so why invite others.

So sad.

But you didn't lose it since you never really had it. We only lose what we had.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by WallStreetfx(m): 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
My dream job is to be a CEO
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by unique1986: 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes... I feel pained because I wasn't firm enough, I was naive as well and above all, I will rather accept my fault, than lie to retain the job... I was a first offender of several offences but definitely nothing to do with fraud or make my employer lose income.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Enyman: 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Had a bitter experience recently.Was called for an interview by Shoprite Apo Abuja,being I have close to ten years experience as sales/procurement manager.The HR was very nice and made me understand the job was as good as secured,because I did quite well.But months after I still haven't heard from them.Called her and she kept assuring.It's very disheartning because I was really banking on that job.Please anyone with a good job prospect should reach me on email osas4paradise@yahoo.com.Will be deeply appreciated.I'm certain God will touch someone to do it for me

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by gonkin(m): 10:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Nope, cuz im still working towards that opportunity
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by adonaimart(m): 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
Losing a well paying job is very depressing and annoying becuase all your financial goals and projections are thrown into the dustbin.
It is not easy but you have to move on.
I experienced it but from the onset I started working there; I have always known as a worker, you are always vulnerable. My only saviour was I save for the rainy days.
In conclusion, your only way to succeed is to quickly put it in the past and restrategise on your next move.
I advise you rewrite your resume, make more connections online and offline and apply using linkedin and job boards/newspapers.

You need to just be courageous and positive.

I hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Joydan95: 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
Dukeolumidemans:
Yes that was in PH around 2006. I was told twice that am Ibo, that I can't be giving any opportunity to work in NDDC. Same reason I walked away from my best friend (Rivers man) then because of the same statement.
I cried within me and learnt a very hard lession that period simply because of my tribe...
Since then Iv moved on but u know, an ELEPHANT never forgets...now it's already in the gene of my children and they know the way forward...
Ibo is not under NDDC na, this one is not partial.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Joydan95: 11:12pm On Mar 20, 2021
LIVINGICON:

Go and sit somewhere. Where are u rising to?? You be bread??
Everyone can't be an entrepreneur.
grin
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by phorget(m): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2021
Job? No but I've lost a contract that would've earned me a million bulk. Nigerian doesn't encourage growth, they would rather see you buried with your big dream.
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by suremossty(m): 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
FiverrTutor:
Yes! In 2018 I lost a $400 a week job with a multinational company based in Denmark. Did all the interviews and finally that sweet Friday morning was sent my offer letter and other documents which I signed and sent, only for me to wake up on Monday morning and my offer was terminated due to a decision made by their management team which they refused to disclose.
indeed there is a village people group
Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Idamond: 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
Joydan95:

Ibo is not under NDDC na, this one is not partial.
Leave the man him wan bring tribalism.

Can u imagine what he's saying my "children"
So he's spoiling his children mind to hate other tribes

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? by Idamond: 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
You should've posted it two sided cause many of us are not looking for dream Job neither we even thought of that.
Some are dreaming of multimillion contracts, shops and businesses like me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Example Of A Scam Job Interview Invite / Ips Msc Entrance Examination (institute Of Petroleum Studies) Uniport / First Bank Graduate Trainee Test Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.