Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

How Can I Start My Football Career? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Can I Start My Football Career? (1520 Views)

Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ / Sergio Ramos Shows Off Football Career Trophies For Club And Country (Photos) / Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Start My Football Career? by Ayo2004: 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2021
I am 17years old and would be turning 18 next year February....I have always wanted to play football but my typical Nigerian parents have always wanted me to go to school and be a lawyer and I am financially dependent on them so I had no choice than to comply

My uncle recently died and put my name,his only nephew as his next of kin..most of his properties would go to the family but my share is about 10.5million
I plan to use my share to start my football career,please,does anyone know the best country,procedures and ways to proceed with my football career

I am a pretty good footballer,I am sure of myself and I have been told in school and even when I go to local stadium to play,I can play DMF ,also very good on the wings,two footed and can dribble like Dembele,my shot power is not that good but my shooting accuracy is pretty high

All experienced comments are appreciated
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
If you are looking for ways to start yourfootball career, this guide gives you some tips.

Motivation. Ask yourself why you want to be a professional footballer. ...

Training. ...

Put More Effort on the Pitch. ...

Analyse your Skills. ...

Join a Local Team. ...

Set Goals. ...

Nutrition. ...

Rest.
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
Which country is the best to start a football career?

# 1 Spain. Undoubtedly, Spain has the optimal climatic, cultural and soccer conditions to become the most suitable country to come to play soccer. Specifically, in Valencian soccer, we can assess a high concentration of football teams.
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
What age is too late to become a footballer?

However, considering that soccer is a sport that requires one to develop through different stages, it's, generally, too late to become a professional player when you're past 23 years old. Soccer is one of those sports that you can't play effectively when you're past a certain age.
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
What qualifications do you need to be a footballer?

As well as practising skills and improving techniques, during the two-year programme apprentices usually attend college for one and a half days a week, working towards qualifications such as: NVQ/SVQ Level 3 in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance. BTEC National Award and Certificate in Sport.
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2021
Top 10 Best Football Academies in the World
1. Barcelona
2. Athletic Bilbao
3. Santos
4. Sporting Lisbon
5. Ajax
6. Anderlecht
7. GNK Dinamo Zagreb Academy
8. FC Bayern Munich Junior Team
9. Club Atlético River Plate
10. FK Partizan Academy
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2021
Top 10 Nigerian Football Academies

1. Pepsi Football Academy

The incredible John Mikel Obi who is believed to be the wealthiest Nigerian footballer (according to 360dopes.com, his net worth is up to 60 million U.S. dollars) studied here. And he is not the only superstar of the Pepsi club. This organization saw the incredible progress of such impressive players as Echiabhi Okodugha and Joseph Aklapa, to name a few.

It is one of the best schools in the football industry that can be found in our country. It exists since the 1990s. It has helped many boys and girls to turn their hobby into a job. By the way, not only our citizens study here. The place is well known all across Africa.
https://goalballlive.com/pepsi-football-academy-registration/
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2021
2.  Barcelona Football Academy in Nigeria

It is another famous school that is eager to teach you how to play the best ball game in the world. You have to be at least 5 years old or up to 18 years old.

The organization’s name gets a long abbreviation. It sounds like FCBESCOLA. Those kids who live in Lagos should study here if they possess any football skills or talents. You can get more details about the center and its training system at the company’s website.
https://barcaacademy.fcbarcelona.com/en
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2021
3. Midas Football Academy

This academy is another famous school for potential football stars. It can be an exciting place to discover your talent, learn new skills and prove that you can become a formidable player not just in Nigeria or Africa, but all over the world.

The most promising kids can get into the professional soccer spirit because the school often takes part in different tournaments across our country and even outside Nigeria.

By the way, you can find all the details about becoming a part of MFA (this is how the organization is abbreviated) at its official site.
https://midasfootballacademy.com
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2021
4. Chelsea Football Academy in Nigeria

Do you have plans to play soccer professionally? It means that you must dream about joining the famous Chelsea school. However, it is located in London (the UK).

Is there a club in our country that belongs to this popular brand? There was news back in 2012 about Chelsea having plans to launch its own soccer academy for our citizens. According to nigerianbestforum.com, people from different corners of all the 36 states were more than happy to hear that information. It sounded more like a temporary camp though. And it looks like you still have to travel to London if you want to join the official Chelsea soccer school for
girls or boys.
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2021
5. Kwara FA

This promising organization is shortly called KFA. Young Nigerian families from Kwara state know it pretty well ever since it was formed 14 years ago, back in 2005.

Kwara club is owned by the government of the state. It can be a good choice for boys who are from 10 to 20 years old. Why? Because this organization works as both the school and the training facility. In other words, you can study and at the same time improve your football skills and develop your talents.

The organization currently trains about 150 citizens. You can easily find more information about Kwara FA and learn how to join the football academy at its official portal.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.facebook.com/KFAilorin/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjBjKCs8rfvAhWSPewKHRAHB_QQFjAFegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0EXEWsSP0vJa1hqfMQGMbK
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2021
6. Papilo Football Academy
It is another good school that was founded back in 2001. Shortly called PNKFA, this organization belongs to the famous player. His name is Nwankwo Kanu. Do you do know him?

The coaches are outstanding here. Students who sign in for courses can expect to develop their talents and become a real professional. Maybe you can be just as lucky as Stanley Okoro or Joel Obi?

This organization has a group on Facebook so that you can contact the academy there.
https://goalballlive.com/papilo-football-academy/
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2021
7. Abuja College of Football

This educational institution was created in 2012. Gabriele Volpi stands behind the idea of such a school for talented boys from all over the country.

This college is located in Abuja, but it also has its departments in Lagos, Onne, and Warri. In other words, it is open to students from different cities in Nigeria. Thus, if you are talented, you can enter this alma mater to develop your soccer skills. It will be a good opportunity to dive into this sport completely. It is a great chance, isn’t it? Being a student of this Football College can give you a chance to play for the college team and participate in numerous tournaments.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/accademia-di-abuja/startseite/verein/45885
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2021
8. Siaone Soccer Academy

This place is also one of the best soccer schools in our country. Shortly called SSA, this educational institution is located in Abuja. The famous Super Eagles’ coach founded it. Have you ever heard of Samson Siasia?

Young people who love to play with the ball and can score should develop their talents here. This educational facility has professional coaches. And its teams participate in matches all across our territories and in international states.

The organization has its site so you can find the necessary info there.
http://www.siaonesocceracademy.com/pages/home
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2021
9. Edusko Sports Academy
You can choose this place if you have plans to study for six years. Edusko was established by a well-known footballer Chief Segun Odegbami in 2007. It is currently one of the best soccer and sports academies. It welcomes talented youth from different corners of Nigeria.

This educational institution focuses on different sports, including football. In addition to this discipline, students can choose to study tennis, basketball or take other courses. Since Edusko has its own portal at www.edusko.com, you are highly advised to get more information about its opportunities
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2021
10. Little Tigers FC

Little kids who have turned three years old and love ball games can enter the Little Tigers FC. This club also welcomes children who are up to 15 years old. It organizes fun soccer-themed parties, camps, training and friendly competitions between teams.

If you love soccer you should visit the website of Little Tigers. Here you will learn more about all the unique chances for your child.
Little Tigers FC
https://www.littletigersfootballacademy.com
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ayo2004:
I am 17years old and would be turning 18 next year February....I have always wanted to play football but my typical Nigerian parents have always wanted me to go to school and be a lawyer and I am financially dependent on them so I had no choice than to comply

My uncle recently died and put my name,his only nephew as his next of kin..most of his properties would go to the family but my share is about 10.5million
Hi bro, kindly put me through on something.
I plan to use my share to start my football career,please,does anyone know the best country,procedures and ways to proceed with my football career

I am a pretty good footballer,I am sure of myself and I have been told in school and even when I go to local stadium to play,I can play DMF ,also very good on the wings,two footed and can dribble like Dembele,my shot power is not that good but my shooting accuracy is pretty high

All experienced comments are appreciated
Re: How Can I Start My Football Career? by freshtomi(m): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2022
In this Instagram Live session with Baller Showcase, Daniel Honour, Director of Lagos-based academy, Honour Football Club and CEO of Honour Sports Management takes us through the important steps required for aspiring footballers in Nigeria, from the costs, to the expectations and requirements for aspiring footballers.

Gaffer T also asks him questions sent in by viewers such as;

"How much does it cost to join an academy in 2022?"
"Can I go pro without joining an academy?"
"Why is joining an academy important?"
"How many academies are there in Nigeria?'
#ballershowcase #academyfootball #nigerianfootball

Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkYn1d6bNrM

(1) (Reply)

Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? / Watch English Premiership Matches Online. Absolutely Free! / Governor Mimiko Honours Godfrey Oboabona For Afcon Win With House And Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.