Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent (18544 Views)

APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari / How APC Senators Were Welcomed To PDP After Defecting (Photos) / APC Senators May Unseat Saraki Today - The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Nairalandwizerd(m): 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
Shit happens.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by omonnakoda: 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2021
festacman:
Globally, every Head of State and Commander-in-Chief reserves the right to appoint service chiefs that are loyal to him for the preservation of the government of the day and defence of national sovereignty.

Pres. Buhari may have disregarded federal character principle in his own appointment but having an independent body appoint service chiefs is fraught with danger of political instability.
Is there political stability now?
The assertion that loyalty to Head of state is a Global thing is in your imagination
In advanced democracies it is NOT even a consideration
It is only a consideration for Heads of State that lack legitimacy or undeveloped countries where coups are the norm
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by IME1: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2021
undecided when I watched the debate I felt sad for Abaribe. The way the 2 chambers work is that lobbying, party interest, tribal and religious interests hold sway.
Now Abaribe may have a very good motion or bill, but where he doesn't have any of the above mentioned, he would have no support and the erstwhile bill or motion will die.
(Sadly his eastern people have no bloc, unity or ideology to pursue or preserve.
Abaribe usually stands alone.
Without recourse to his personal past or tribe, try listening to some of his motions and bills and you'd see that he makes a whole lot of sense mostly.)
When it became rowdy, the press were asked to leave for about 20 minutes.
When the press returned, Abaribe announced that he was withdrawing the bill totally.
Whether he had been bullied, threatened or mocked I don't know.
But people like Abaribe who may have good, dispassionate and genuine bills should be able to sleep well at night knowing at least that they tried.
Somethings are just not worth fighting or crying for.
When Lawan asked for the voice vote and the nays had it, I just realised that many people in the Senate are just there to add numbers to the destruction of the country.
As an aside we all know that children below 18 years in the north are registered by INEC and eventually vote on election days, thereby increasing the numbers needed to win.
So also politicians who plant their people in key positions (eg Jaga, IBB and Hau/Ful) and their followers (the ones moving on top of trailers) in different areas are doing so when it's time to vote, support or get a general opinion from every nook and cranny, they will get majority.
Finally as an aside it is gravely insulting, annoying and ridiculous that whenever anyone here on NL says or stands against APC they are automatically tagged PDP or ipods. That's just callous and ludicrous to be civil.
It is annoying that anyone who says the truth you don't like is your enemy.
Many of us are not allied to any party nor are we Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo... angry live with it, Nigeria is greater than any one tribe or political party!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Temptee101(m): 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
Springboot:
[s]Abaribe is mad! Tell me which country has such useless bill, service chiefs are always appointed by the commander in chief which is the president. Why didn't he bring it up during the 16years of pdp[/s]

All you useless urchins will just open the hole on your faces to spew nonsense in the name of freedom of speech.

Tell me any country in the world that has such a nepotistic, sectional and tribalist bigot aas the president like you have?

Nepotism, tribalism and bigotry had become the most used words since the inception of the regime.

If you are southerner and perhaps the only child of your parents, am afraid your parents are childless.

Nigeria is finished.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by onuman: 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
It’s not APC Senators. It’s Arewa north representatives that is over representing Arewa in the National Assembly due to the excess number of states created by Arewa soldiers in the north.

Nothing good can ever come from the National Assembly over populated by Arewa.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by festacman(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
omonnakoda:

Is there political stability now?
The assertion that loyalty to Head of state is a Global thing is in your imagination
In advanced democracies it is NOT even a consideration
It is only a consideration for Heads of State that lack legitimacy or undeveloped countries where coups are the norm

Ok.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by omonnakoda: 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
festacman:

Ok.
At any rate having people of your religion or ethnic group does not guarantee loyalty
Was Buhari loyal to Shagari or Babangida loyal to Buhari
I think in Nigeria the opposite is the case.
Obasanjo did not appoint a Yoruba chief of Army staff

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
Millimann:
Any bill that will bring about transparency, they will block it.

They are myopic and senseless
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
APC is a satanic party
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2021
festacman:
Globally, every Head of State and Commander-in-Chief reserves the right to appoint service chiefs that are loyal to him for the preservation of the government of the day and defence of national sovereignty.

Pres. Buhari may have disregarded federal character principle in his own appointment but having an independent body appoint service chiefs is fraught with danger of political instability.

Yes, Buhari has displayed irresponsible nepotism but by this bill, Senator Abaribe displayed dangerously pregnant mischief that looks like a well-orchestrated agenda.

See a certified psychiatrist asap

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by baseb: 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
The 'passage' of the said bill would probably never happen. The sponsor should have gone this route when when he and his people (supporters)held more power in the senate.
But most of them are so shortsighted that they don't ever see the future. They usually forget that sometimes when it's late then it's late. The only way that bill would sail through the national assembly is when the current arrangement starts working against the people who are currently benefiting from it. Or when they perceive that it would start working against them.

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Liposure: 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
The bill goes against the northern oligarchic agenda so can't be passed.

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by festacman(m): 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2021
omonnakoda:
At any rate having people of your religion or ethnic group does not guarantee loyalty
Was Buhari loyal to Shagari or Babangida loyal to Buhari
I think in Nigeria the opposite is the case.
Obasanjo did not appoint a Yoruba chief of Army staff

Nobody is talking about appointing only people of one's ethnic group here. Buhari may have done it but it is wrong. Yes, a service could be disloyal to the person who appointed him, which earns him a sack and in extreme case, being accused of treason.

Look, all over the world, service chiefs function at the pleasure of the head of government. They report to him and take directives from him. It is a global convention and that's it.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by festacman(m): 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by extol1(m): 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2021
festacman:

Yes, Buhari has displayed irresponsible nepotism but by this bill, Senator Abaribe displayed dangerously pregnant mischief that looks like a well-orchestrated agenda.
in as much I don't agree with this bill, it was as a result of his obvious nepotism that brought this bill
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Olatomiwami(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
joshjc:
The bill does not make any sense, the president is commaander in chief and can appoint anyone he want.

Abaribe is just playing to the gallery always, want to b in the new for the wrong reason, service chiefs are prerogative of the President.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by festacman(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
extol1:

in as much I don't agree with this bill, it was as a result of his obvious nepotism that brought this bill

I acknowledged this in my post.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Sailorsoldier1: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
Millimann:
Any bill that will bring about transparency, they will block it.
which transparency
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by michoim(m): 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
Correct. Abaribe ever seeking destroy Nigeria constitution...
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Oblongatarh(m): 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
They have suddenly forgotten that they won't be in power forever abi? A day will come when they will regret and wished they had allowed this bill to be passed.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by RuddyFusion(m): 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
Springboot:
Abaribe is mad! Tell me which country has such useless bill, service chiefs are always appointed by the commander in chief which is the president. Why didn't he bring it up during the 16years of pdp
The bill did not say that the commission will appoint service chiefs .....it says it will subject to it's recommendations

Just like NJC recommends those to be appointed to the SC...

THEY will only recommend and Bubu or whosoever is there will still do the appointing

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
When these guys were service CHIEFS under GEJ it was OK:
Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshall Alex Badeh; Chief of Army Staff, Major General Kenneth Minimah; Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Usman Jibrin; and Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshall Adesola Amosu.
But when these were service chiefs under PMB it is a problem:
2015-2021
Major-General Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin as Chief of Defence Staff;
Major-General T.Y. Buratai as Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas as Chief of Naval Staff;
and Air Vice Marshal Sadique Abubakar as Chief of Air Staff.
2021 TO DATE
Rear Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff
Major-General Ibrahim Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff
Major-General Lucky E.O Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff
Air-Vice Marshal Ishiaka Oladayo Amao, Chief of Air Staff
Atleast PMB tried by balancing them along religious line but the other guy was not even sensitive to it and nobody complained.
Only 4 persons are appointed Service Chiefs & we have more than 250 ethnic groups, 6 geopolitical zones, 36 states and some people still want to politicise the most sensitive security office of the Nation. Any President irrespective of his background should choose those he is comfortable with, those he trust without fear of ethno-religious incitations and potential betrayal.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by gevans(m): 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2021
Appointment of service chiefs should rather be an impeachable offense, if it contravened federal character.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
cocicic:

Can you design a professional flyer with your smartphone??

Kalu can.

How much do Graphic designers charge for flyers? On average, $8.3

If you can design just 3 flyers daily, you'd be making $750 monthly.

That's close to 270,000 Naira monthly.

Is this achievable? 100%

Is this learnable? A dummy can learn how to do this.

Do you need a laptop for this? No, any smartphone can do this.

That's not all you can learn from me. I will also teach you how to design:

• Logos
• Book covers
• Album covers
• Create Whiteboard animations and
• Professional Photo Manipulation.

You can offer all these on Fiverr, Upwork and anywhere.

These are high income skills that can feed you for life!

Is that all?

No! I will also teach you how to:

• Create 3D logos using mock ups.
• Create Professional eBooks with your smartphone.
• Create Professional marketing videos for companies.

Any other thing? Yeah!

• I will give you ebooks on Graphics designing worth ₦19,000

• An eBook on other gigs and services you can offer on Fiverr apart from Graphics designing.

For all you stand to gain, this training can be easily priced at 50,000 naira.

However, I have slashed it to 7,500 naira. But, the first 20 people will pay 2,990 naira.

The 21st person will pay 5,000 naira.

Why should you trust me?

This is the 34th edition and I have countless testimonies. You can do a background search on me.

When is the class starting?

This Saturday, 20th of March 2021.

How can you reach me?

Send me a message on WhatsApp via the number on the flyer.

Any more guarantees?

Yeah, if you don't make more than 10 times of your money with this skill, I will refund you your money with a written apology.

Wow!

How do I get started?

Send me a message on WhatsApp ,
via the number on the flyer for account details.

PS.: This is not a Canva design class.

PS. 2: Would you rather exchange 2,990 naira for over 270,000 naira or will you use it to flex today?

Rich people think long term, poor people think short term. Which one are you?

Send me a message now.
lol. You collect 3k to teach, but u make 270k, then u teach with 3k.then you teach the person how to create whiteboard Animation with phone and mock-up with phone. . cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Awaja(m): 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
nepotism is buharis nephew
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Dexpro: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
Oga no flier is attached to your post nah
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by kraftysprouts: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
Why can't they change the rubbish 1999 constitution?
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by danngnews: 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
festacman:

Usual crap, strain to dustbin.

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by bilulu(m): 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
festacman:

When Trump was misbehaving as the sitting president did you hear the military, FBI or police issuing threats to citizens or trying to guard his regime as is being done in Nigeria? Comparing Nigeria sometimes to other climes doesn't make sense because those places are way better with abiding with law.... that being said, how should the president be checked in the future to avoid a repeat of Buhari's nepotism

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by Kingspin(m): 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2021
APC Buhari will not see anything good regarding the bill because they eat use Buhari's sense.

When you become an extremist in whatever you do you automatically loss sense.

The governor of Benue state alone is facing the Federal government of Buhari, how much the South governors?

This bill is a very best opportunity for Southern and openly minded Senators from the North to putting things in order for the nation.
Re: APC Senators Block Bill To Make Appointment Of Service Chiefs Independent by TechSkill: 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2021
festacman:

you APC apologist will always find a way to justify rubbish.

It will come back to haunt you sha. Worry not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are Buhari's Legacies Bola Tinubu Wants To Continue If Voted Into Power? / US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon / SHOCKING: Buhari’s Minister, Mama Taraba Boasting How She Controls The Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.